Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rocky Horror Show/Favorite Rocky Horror Song

PvN73 Guest
    That is wrong on so many levels. I feel ill

Chevyheaven Guest
    I think it be funnier and cooler if they let Charles Manson be in a musical I would definitely go see that.

smooches27 Guest
    So wrong.

Epic FAIL.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I watched the original this morning to make sure I could get the thought out of my head...I feel sick again...I hate MTV...

BooMom Guest

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEL2323 Guest
    Ok ummmm NO! This is wrong and it should be against the law to remake this movie! Like it should have been against the law to make "Scarlett" and "Psyco". It just UGH! I have no words!

Dylgem22 Guest
    I agree!! Tim Curry can NEVER be replaced!! I will petition against this !! Let me sign!! I hate MTV too .. I can honestly say, it has been about 10+ years since I have watched that channel .. I think I was still in HS the last time I put that channel on!! This is the first I have heard of this!! RHPS is a cult classic and should not be messed with!!

No. No.No!

Tim Curry is IT! Point blank period. I will never acknowledge anyone else, ESPECIALLY Marilyn Manson.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Curry is the man! This is wrong!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Sacrilege!!!

Wednesday Guest
    This is something I'm in no hurry to see. I'm so tired of movies being remade. Are they out of ideas?
    The first one was fine. Why fix something that isn't broken? No one can top Tim Curry in my opinion.

Marilyn Manson?! WTF?

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Hmmm...I wonder if Hanna Montana will be Janet?

Noreen Guest
    LOL MsMojo. But I agree with everyone here. Bad idea. Hope they don't go through with it

Seriously bad freaking idea!!!!!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Guest Guest
    I totally agree with everything said it the original post.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Blasphemy. Marilyn Manson...he WISHES.

I also read yesterday that a huge remake of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' is opening in December...starring? Keanu Reeves. I give up.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Who do we talk to about starting a petition...Perhaps the RHPS fan club...I think they would have a lot of pull on the matter...It would be like remaking Freaks! They have already trashed Hairspray. Time to kick some booty!

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I think it be funnier and cooler if they let Charles Manson be in a musical I would definitely go see that.
    I would too.

My oldest son and I love RHPS. He was just singing "Sweet Transvestite" with me yesterday. If they remake it, no one will see it. They have to know that.

Lisamarie Guest
    God help us all..no one can top Sir Tim Curry ...how dare they even try....

Dylgem22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kmed1971 View Post
    I would too.

My oldest son and I love RHPS. He was just singing "Sweet Transvestite" with me yesterday. If they remake it, no one will see it. They have to know that.
    Actually, you will have all the morons who worship MTV and do what MTV tells them to do watching it .. because it will be the "in thing to do" .. geez .. its just plain sad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Blasphemy. Marilyn Manson...he WISHES.

I also read yesterday that a huge remake of 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' is opening in December...starring? Keanu Reeves. I give up.
    So is Keaneau Reeves the Queen of SciFi now? Or does Will Smith still hold that title? Anyways I'd be suprisd if this goes into production, the remake of Rocky Horror that is. You just dont fuck with the classics.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

KristinEileen Guest
    This is like Blasphemous...
    How in the world could anyone do this...there is something sooo special about the originial how can you ruin that with a cheap rip off remake....I wish Tim Curry would get pissed and freak out or something...

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I am sooo glad I'm not alone on this one...

Ken Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle8461 View Post
    Does anyone that works for these studios have ANY original ideas? They have to remake a classic and of course, screw it up along the way.

They need to leave Rocky Horror alone.
    It's been proven over the years that they are out of original ideas and WAY out of touch with the fans base of these movies/shows they remake.
    They are like the government in that they keep throwing good money into failed ideas.

Ms. K Guest
    Good God. Rocky Horror. The Day The Earth Stood Still. So, how many more movies are they going to completely fuck over before they get the idea that this is a Very Bad Idea?

And Marilyn Manson as Dr. Frank-N-Furter? Because that would EVER be good? I don't fucking think so.

Jazbabee Guest
    No Way !!!!!!!!!! Somebody is fulla shit on this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No disrespect to Scott; and to all of you guys who have strong feelings about this...but I have never seen it.

I have never seen it.

I have on at least two occasions; many years ago; watched my ex-wife get dressed in rather revealing attire; in order to go to "midnight" showings.

Always going with "girlfriends".

"Have fun; baby...I always said...

I hope she had fun; she seemed to.

Lovely woman; she.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I've never been to a midnight showing...Living in the bible belt sucks. I think they have them in Atlanta but having kids puts the skids on anything fun. I'm shooting for going for my 40th birthday!

Oh the horror...

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    In Manson's dreams he wishes this movie would get made. No one is buying his crappy albums anymore. Why would Fox want him? He is full of it.
    You got that right.......this is sacrilidge, I tell ya.......

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    So is Keaneau Reeves the Queen of SciFi now? Or does Will Smith still hold that title? Anyways I'd be suprisd if this goes into production, the remake of Rocky Horror that is. You just dont fuck with the classics.
    That incredibly lame attempt to remake 'Psycho' a few years ago should have taught someone a lesson. Studio execs don't give a rat's ass for tradition though, as long as the smell of money is in the air they just don't care. I'm beginning to despise the movie industry...never thought I'd say that.

WHY. Why would you do this Fox, WHY??

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    I've heard rumors for years of a remake of The Rocky Horror Picture Show...all I can say is, with all of the crappy remakes of classic films over the years (Black Christmas, The Day The Earth Stood Still, and now they're working on new versions of Jaws, A Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th) you'd think Hollywood might turn around and get an original idea.

bblvnvelphy Guest
    WTF? this has to be a joke, omgosh they are going to ruin it!!!!!!

36. 07-24-2008, 08:37 PM

mandee1005 Guest
    Whats next, Jack Black as Eddie? Good God. Some things are best left untouched. Rocky Horror is one of them.

Guest Guest
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

dammit I wish they would leave certain things ALONE!

Remember the live action version of "Charlottes Web"?? pissed me off...you're messing with my childhood

now this!!!?

wtf?

don't mess with my drunken teen years too!

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Whats next, Jack Black as Eddie? Good God. Some things are best left untouched. Rocky Horror is one of them.
    SSSHHHH! They'll hear you!!!!

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Oh my God I never thought of that Mandee! I feel....BLaaaaaaa! SOrry.

cherryghost Guest
    Just say NO!

KarmaKat Guest
    Oh my god I can see it now.
    Jessica Simpson as Janet
    Zac Efron as Brad
    Ashton Kutcher as Rif Raf

Oh stop the pain, stop the torture. Surely Richard O'Brien has more brains than to allow this to happen?

I have only one question: WHY?????????????

You see this also with horrormovies. All of a sudden they are remaking horrormovies from the eighties. And most of them were not even that good to begin with.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

It's a go. Remakes always stink... This from today's Philadelphia Inquirer...

'Rocky Horror' remake a go

Variety says a remake is in the works for the 1975 rock musical Rocky Horror Picture Show, which has since become one of the nation's most phenomenal cult phenoms. (Over the years, it has grossed more than $140 mil in domestic box office.) No word yet on the cast.
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted--nevermore!

78 Cobra II Fan Guest
    Ranks right up there Bad News Bears, Planet of the Apes, and Vanishing Point, Should not be done .

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I'm gonna see if I can dig up some more dirt...

halogirl5 Guest
    At risk of my life, I'm going to say it...maybe this new venture will be good fun in it's own way?
    I love the original; but nothing is 'sacred'. Art stops when people start protecting things and ideas. Ok you may say that MTV will ruin it, and maybe they will, but give them a chance. It just might be bloody good fun. I mean nobody shrieked when Willy Wonka was remade, largely because la Depp was in it. It wasn't a great film and I don't think it was as good as the original but it was Ok and hasn't killed anyone to date. there were a couple of scenes that I thought topped the original.
    Worst case scenario; in any piece of bad art, there is always something to like.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Halogirl...You are young...I Screamed a hemmorage when they remade Willy Wonka. I love Johnny Depp but you can't beat Gene Wilder. RHPS is a sacred institution. It is a classic. It would be like remaking Casablanca with lookalikes...Call me an old fogey but this is breaking my heart...

leevancleef Guest
    Hollywood is dead, definetely.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder if Hanna Montana will be Janet?
    DAMMIT Janet!

Quote Originally Posted by mandee1005 View Post
    Please, don't give them any ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    At risk of my life, I'm going to say it...maybe this new venture will be good fun in it's own way?
    I love the original; but nothing is 'sacred'. Art stops when people start protecting things and ideas. Ok you may say that MTV will ruin it, and maybe they will, but give them a chance. It just might be bloody good fun. I mean nobody shrieked when Willy Wonka was remade, largely because la Depp was in it. It wasn't a great film and I don't think it was as good as the original but it was Ok and hasn't killed anyone to date. there were a couple of scenes that I thought topped the original.
    Worst case scenario; in any piece of bad art, there is always something to like.
    I tend to agree... And I LOVE the original RHPS.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I still might cry...