Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Facts

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Here's a fact today is my daughter's 12th Birthday

..........that`s not a useless fact.....tell that sweetie HAPPY B-DAY

Cathy J. Guest
    Forgot one...

The grave of country great Patsy Cline is located right near a major highway but there is no fence between the road and her grave so really anyone can visit her grave at anytime, day or night as there are no security gurads there, not too mention a car can drive on top of her grave in the dark and not even know it.

Also another country singer is buried right next to Patsy. Al Hogan !! Like Patsy he died young too ( in his 30s ) after suffering a heart attack while doing his version of Chubby Checker's The Twist on stage at a local county fair in 1986.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    ..........that`s not a useless fact.....tell that sweetie HAPPY B-DAY
    Thanks Molly! I will tell her!

deathybrad Guest
    It is so nice of you to use her picture as your avatar.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    It is so nice of you to use her picture as your avatar.
    Don't you think her pigtails are so cute?

Smile

Hope she has a happy one!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

djdeath-hag Guest
    Don't you think her pigtails are so cute?
    Cute, yes......but that winning smile seems to outshine her pigtails!

Seriously, though Happy 12th Birthday to your daughter!
    HagHugs, Dennis

**Jenna** Guest
    Happy Birthday,WendyK's daughter!

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Cute, yes......but that winning smile seems to outshine her pigtails!

Seriously, though Happy 12th Birthday to your daughter!
    HagHugs, Dennis
    Seriously those teeth are a result of all that damn candy and pop she drinks!

Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    Happy Birthday,WendyK's daughter!
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes! She is 12 going on 16

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 6/17

Kermit the Frog is left handed.

Today Japan executed 3 death row criminals. Unlike the US, the government makes no announcement until the executions have been carried through.

One of the guys who bit it today was Tsutomu Miyazaki, who tortured and killed several little girls back in 1988.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by herekittykitty View Post
    One of the guys who bit it today was Tsutomu Miyazaki, who tortured and killed several little girls back in 1988.
    Swift justice...

Cataroo Guest
    Nearly 22,000 checks will be deducted from the wrong account over the next hour.

Good thing there's nothing in my account!!

deathybrad Guest

Useless Facts and Trivia for 6/26

J. Edgar Hoover wouldn't let his drivers make left turns.

Just one of Hoover's many....idiosyncrases.

Last edited by Nessa; 06-26-2008 at 01:02 AM.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

deathybrad Guest
    I guess my column is losing its viewership.

Hey I posted on it!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Here's a very interesting little useless fact.
    In the South if you get divorced you are STILL leagaly concidered
    brother and sister.

Jazbabee Guest
    J. Edgar Hoover wouldn't let his drivers make left turns.
    are u serious ?? wtf ??

Does that make J. Edger a right winger?
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

pvezz Guest
    How did he ever get anywhere?? WTF??

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Here's a very interesting little useless fact.
    In the South if you get divorced you are STILL leagaly concidered
    brother and sister.
    That's really good.

I guess my column is losing its viewership.
    Keep em coming Brad. I may not post on each one but I read them.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I read them as well. I don't post because I can never think of one of these facts!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

SEL2323 Guest

Just some fun little known facts....

1. [SIZE=-1]A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why. [/SIZE]
    2. [SIZE=-1]The "save" icon on Microsoft Word shows a floppy disk, with the shutter on backwards.[/SIZE]
    3. [SIZE=-1]The combination "ough" can be pronounced in nine different ways. The following sentence contains them all:
      "A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed." [/SIZE]
    4. [SIZE=-1]The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.[/SIZE]
    5. [SIZE=-1]Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten. [/SIZE]
    6. [SIZE=-1]The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat," which means, "the king is dead". [/SIZE]
    7. [SIZE=-1]Pinocchio is Italian for "pine head." [/SIZE]
    8. [SIZE=-1]In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere. [/SIZE]
    9. [SIZE=-1]The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used. [/SIZE]
    10. [SIZE=-1]All porcupines float in water. [/SIZE]
    11. [SIZE=-1]The airplane Buddy Holly died in was called "American Pie." (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)[/SIZE]
    12. [SIZE=-1]The only nation whose name begins with an "A", but doesn't end in an "A" is Afghanistan. [/SIZE]
    13. [SIZE=-1]If you toss a penny 10,000 times, it will not be heads 5,000 times, but more like 4,950. The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom. [/SIZE]
    14. [SIZE=-1]The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis. The only other word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, its plural. [/SIZE]
    15. [SIZE=-1]An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. [/SIZE]
    16. [SIZE=-1]Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer. [/SIZE]
    17. [SIZE=-1]Wilma Flintstone's maiden name was Wilma Slaghoopal, and Betty Rubble's Maiden name was Betty Jean Mcbricker. [/SIZE]
    18. [SIZE=-1]Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors. [/SIZE]
    19. [SIZE=-1]The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "Its A Wonderful Life." [/SIZE]
    20. [SIZE=-1]The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb. [/SIZE]
    21. [SIZE=-1]"Stewardesses" is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand. [/SIZE]
    22. [SIZE=-1]A group of unicorns is called a blessing. Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink." A group of frogs is called an army. A group of rhinos is called a crash. A group of kangaroos is called a mob. A group of whales is called a pod. A group of ravens is called a murder. A group of officers is called a mess. A group of larks is called an exaltation. A group of owls is called a parliament. [/SIZE]
    23. [SIZE=-1]Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie. [/SIZE]
    24. [SIZE=-1]The phrase "sleep tight" derives from the fact that early mattresses were filled with straw and held up with rope stretched across the bedframe. A tight sleep was a comfortable sleep. [/SIZE]
    25. [SIZE=-1]Studies show that if a cat falls off the seventh floor of a building it has about thirty percent less chance of surviving than a cat that falls off the twentieth floor. It supposedly takes about eight >floors for the cat to realize what is occurring, relax and correct itself. [/SIZE]
    26. [SIZE=-1]111,111,111 x 111,111,111=12,345,678,987,654,321 [/SIZE]
    27. [SIZE=-1]If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes. (note: if the rider's head is up the horse's rear, the rider died a politician.) [/SIZE]
    28. [SIZE=-1]No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple. [/SIZE]
    29. [SIZE=-1]Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired." [/SIZE]
    30. [SIZE=-1]There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.[/SIZE]
    31. [SIZE=-1]A snail can sleep for 3 years.[/SIZE]
    32. [SIZE=-1]If you were to spell out numbers, how far would you have to go until you would find the letter "A"? -- One thousand [/SIZE]
    33. [SIZE=-1]What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laser printers all have in common?-- All were invented by women.[/SIZE]
    34. [SIZE=-1]Married men revealed that they change their underwear twice as often as single men. [/SIZE]
    35. [SIZE=-1]40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet. [/SIZE]
    36. [SIZE=-1]The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone. [/SIZE]
    37. [SIZE=-1]Coca-Cola was originally green.[/SIZE]
    38. [SIZE=-1]Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.[/SIZE]
    39. [SIZE=-1]It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs. [/SIZE]

Guest Guest
    40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.

that's why I put marbles in my medicine cabinets before guests come over............LOLOLOL
    Last edited by Guest; 07-31-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Now I have an urge to go float a porcupine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Auntie Vi Guest
    The save icon on Word is too darm small to see if it's true.

miz rosebud Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit View Post
    40% of all people who come to a party in your home snoop in your medicine cabinet.

that's why I put marbles in my medicine cabinets before guests come over............LOLOLOL

I have done this actually.and noone has snooped.I never heard lil balls a droppin.lol

Wednesday Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SEL2323 View Post
    Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
    I have no idea why I found that so funny.
    Married men revealed that they change their underwear twice as often as single men.

Uh.. ew. So single guys don't take care of themselves? Or they don't care?

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    I knew some of those. Others are just funny...I have a porcupine over my television. My husband killed it in South Dakota and I had it stuffed. He is too damn cute...Maybe I'll see if he floats...

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miz rosebud View Post
    I have done this actually.and noone has snooped.I never heard lil balls a droppin.lol

I have...... and look on my sister's face was priceless

smellslikealmonds Guest

I love digging around in people's medicine cabinet. Find out all sorts of things that way.

The average human swallows three spiders a year in their sleep. Just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

A group of ferrets is called a business.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

and a group of jellyfish is called a smack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

djdeath-hag Guest
    I'll teach jellyfish to talk smack about me....I'll shove a bunch of em into the medicine cabinet before the next party. That'll teach those jellyfish!

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    A group of geese on the ground is referred to as a gaggle, a group of geese in flight is referred to as a skein.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    The average human swallows three spiders a year in their sleep. Just sayin'.

.....and I have enjoyed each and every one of those chewy/crunchy critters too !!!

malaki Guest
    I don't like to spend anymore time in someones bathroom then I have to....I pee and make a dash, I wouldnt want someone to think I was in there that long pooping

Guest Guest
    I'm nosy by nature, but I wouldn't want people looking at my eyebrow/ lip wax or all my painkillers....... or what type of laxative I use........LOL!!!!!

but I do love looking at other peoples....... I'm so bad

bblvnvelphy Guest
    lol we have never had a medicine cabinet in the bathroom that people use when they come over, but they do look in our shower. so for one party i brought out the scarecrow man we made for Halloween that had this horrible mask on and i stuck it in there.

man were there screams that night =)

I want to be a snail.

Frank 'N' Howie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    I want to be a snail.
    True that!

Overtaxed Guest
    Dalmations are born without their spots.

Cathy J. Guest
    1. [SIZE=-1]The airplane Buddy Holly died in was called "American Pie." (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)[/SIZE]
    I have always heard that was a myth.

few more...

*Maine is the only state with just one syllable.

*Despite his strong ties to Baltimore, John Waters filmed the amusement park scene in the original Hairspray at Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Why? Baltimore doesn't have any amusement parks !!

*The very last Black & White TV show to air on American Network TV was American Bandstand in 1967. The last local TV station to go color? WBOC-TV channel 16 in Salisbury, Maryland. They didn't go color until 1975.

I mentioned this one before...

*The last major American city to receive TV...Denver in 1952.

Xtine Guest
    after reading this i have determined that we need to send mules to iraq and afghanistan!

Smile

LOLOLOL...that is why I never look. I would die of embarrassment!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bblvnvelphy View Post
    lol we have never had a medicine cabinet in the bathroom that people use when they come over, but they do look in our shower. so for one party i brought out the scarecrow man we made for Halloween that had this horrible mask on and i stuck it in there.

man were there screams that night =)

i spit water on my monitor after i read this.
    good times!

Noreen Guest
    Thanks Sel, I love learning this stuff