Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie Wood

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    I've never seen the film though I've looked for it. It is one of my favourite books as well.
    Apparently their paths crossed (Didion & Wood) because during the making of some film. I don't think Didion was a big fan of Natalie Wood either. As sad and bizarre as her death was she doesn't sound like she was the most gracious person in the world, in fact she sounds like she was a bit of a bitch with a big case of arrested development. I say this with a marshmallow padding because I don't think many child stars grow up to be happy people. They get the message early that their worth is defined by their star status and earning potential which for most (Jodie Foster being a good exception) inevitably begins to falter as hers did. Only my humble opinion but I don't see what was so "classy" about her.
    It's hard to find but trust me don't bother. It's an insult to the book (as most movies usually are but this one is b-a-d).

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    It's hard to find but trust me don't bother. It's an insult to the book (as most movies usually are but this one is b-a-d).

I'll take your word for it. I love Neely BTW. Been there.

leevancleef Guest
    This is an interesting shot where you can see how tiny she was,from left to right, Ingrid Bergman, Natalie,Jane Fonda, Diahann Carroll and Rosalind Russell*loves*

Noelle Page Guest
    Wow! What a crew! Love Diahnn's hair!

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Wow! What a crew! Love Diahnn's hair!
    I know, and her outfit

Noelle Page Guest
    Quite a fashion parade up there.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Nice pic lee! Any idea what event that was? Where it was taken? Wonder why they all look pissed off ?? (except Natalie, she looks like a deer in the headlights)!

leevancleef Guest
    i wish i knew Jack, i had it saved on my computer for ages, i dont have any info on it.

Noelle Page Guest
    I'm guessing Oscar rehearsal?

leevancleef Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I'm guessing Oscar rehearsal?
    Probably.... and the year?? Early 70s for sure...

erictheking97 Guest
    She caught her husband and Walken having sex. Many things have been covered up about this case.
    Whoever was caught sleeping with who if these rumours are true, what person in their right mind would have taken that chance, does not seem feasible to me at all.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Probably.... and the year?? Early 70s for sure...
    It's easiest for me to judge the year for some reason by looking at Fonda...looks like she's got her "They Shoot Horses Don't They" look going on with the hair, so I'd say 1969 (the year that film was released) or maybe '70...?

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erictheking97 View Post
    Whoever was caught sleeping with who if these rumours are true, what person in their right mind would have taken that chance, does not seem feasible to me at all.

You obviously have never gotten stinky drunk and silly. Happens all the time. With Granny in the next room.

lisalouver Guest
    Anyone who would sleep with Walken (male or female) should have their head examined!

15. 08-01-2008, 02:58 AM

erictheking97 Guest
    You obviously have never gotten stinky drunk and silly. Happens all the time. With Granny in the next room.

Well it wouldn't matter how stinky drunk i was, i wouldn't be sharing my bed with another guy

Cupcake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    Oh man that is nasty...No with her good looking hubby why in the world would she screw him?
    Even good looking people can be assholes.......or have a little penis.

Cupcake

Natalie Wood fashion dolls

GOD IS NOT DEAD

leevancleef Guest
    I dont get why the second one has blue eyes

Yeah, beats the hell out of me. It's fashioned from her Gypsy Rose Lee role.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yeah, beats the hell out of me. It's fashioned from her Gypsy Rose Lee role.
    It was ?

WOOD didn't wear an outfit that even resembled what the doll has on, and her hair wasn't near that length either in G*Y*P*S*Y.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

cherryghost Guest
    Joan Didion married Domonick Dunnes brother and Dom was known for his Hollywood parties of some Natalie went to!
    Joan and Natalie could have know each other or its very likely dont you think!

I admit, since forever and 'The Deer Hunter (or earlier?) I have had a thing for Christopher Walken, I've always found him really attractive and fascinating!

As he gets older .....a little less so but that goes for most people just..... "getting older"
    I know he could be creepy to some!

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    It was ?

WOOD didn't wear an outfit that even resembled what the doll has on, and her hair wasn't near that length either in G*Y*P*S*Y.
    The blurb beneath the pic says: Gypsie's "body donor", Natasha(named, again, after Natalie Wood). She's very pretty; but has several scratches on her face so I didn't feel so bad about taking the mint tnt body from her. Very happy to have a brunette tnt with this hairstyle, too!

I may have misunderstoood.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    Joan Didion married Domonick Dunnes brother and Dom was known for his Hollywood parties of some Natalie went to!
    Joan and Natalie could have know each other or its very likely dont you think!

I admit, since forever and 'The Deer Hunter (or earlier?) I have had a thing for Christopher Walken, I've always found him really attractive and fascinating!

As he gets older .....a little less so but that goes for most people just..... "getting older"
    I know he could be creepy to some!
    LOL Cherry, I will let you have Christopher okay?

Star tells of night Natalie Wood died

Robert Wagner talks of Natalie's death for the first time.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4547321.ece

Wow...cool link...Thanks!

sounds like her roving eye made for a lot of trouble. never cared for her myself. good story.
    pull the string!

kandykisses Guest
    Her story is so sad. She seemed older than 43. She was beautiful. That he is admitting to his jealous rage is kind of interesting. Maybe because of his roles I always thought of him as kind of mellow.

According to the link, sounds like he was jealous because she had an affair before and broke up the first marriage.....

kandykisses Guest
    Every woman in Hollywood slept with Warren Beatty he was notorious for that. Warren didn't count. He was like a freebie gimme.

This is just one side of the story. I don't recall Walken ever telling his side, and Natalie can't.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

This is just one side of the story. I don't recall Walken ever telling his side, and Natalie can't.

Good point

Noelle Page Guest
    I've imagined a few scenarios, but this does have the ring of truth.

lisalouver Guest
    The coroner thought that she had seven to eight glasses of wine, but wasn't drunk.

WTF?

Anyway, most people have always believed that it was a jealously issue and a fight over Walken. Wagner would not tarnish Natalie's image at this point by saying that she was screwing Walken so I guess we'll never know.

As cindy said, Walken will in all liklihood never tell his side.

RaRaRamona Guest
    The fact that Walken has never said anything makes my blood a bit chilly. That's just always freaked me out.

Though that has been accepted as 'fact', there are those who contend differently, that;
    NATALIE & WARREN didn't start their affair until after NATALIE separated from ROBERT 'RJ' WAGNER. JOAN COLLINS who was engaged to WARREN while SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS was in production backed that up.
    As for an affair, according to the book on NATALIE by writer SUZANNE FINSTAD what ruined the first marriage of NATALIE & RJ was when she caught him with a man ! NATALIE' friend FAYE NUELL as well as her younger sister LANA confirmed that. NATALIE spilled her guts at the time to FAYE about what had happened. LANA found out second hand from the mother, MARIA.

COLLINS & BEATTY in 1960

KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

What I want to know is why it took RJ decades to tell his side of it. I can understand grief, but it's not like he didn't move on. I can understand privacy, but with all the rumors floating around it looks like he would have wanted to put them to rest long long ago. Feel the same about Walken. Something is fishy and I doubt we'll ever know the truth.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    What I want to know is why it took RJ decades to tell his side of it. I can understand grief, but it's not like he didn't move on. I can understand privacy, but with all the rumors floating around it looks like he would have wanted to put them to rest long long ago. Feel the same about Walken. Something is fishy and I doubt we'll ever know the truth.
    I agree with both you and RaRa.

Desertrose Guest
    Just like Sharon Tate, we will never know the truth. I have never liked Robert Wagner after Natalie died, his stories never added up. I like Christopher Walken, and then again, when I look at him, I think, "he knows what happen that night" . I will always believe that Natalie's death was not an accident. Then again, Jill St. John is still alive....watch out Jill......don't go boating.......

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Though that has been accepted as 'fact', there are those who contend differently, that;
    NATALIE & WARREN didn't start their affair until after NATALIE separated from ROBERT 'RJ' WAGNER. JOAN COLLINS who was engaged to WARREN while SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS was in production backed that up.
    As for an affair, according to the book on NATALIE by writer SUZANNE FINSTAD what ruined the first marriage of NATALIE & RJ was when she caught him with a man ! NATALIE' friend FAYE NUELL as well as her younger sister LANA confirmed that. NATALIE spilled her guts at the time to FAYE about what had happened. LANA found out second hand from the mother, MARIA.

COLLINS & BEATTY in 1960

Aha! So what if she walked in on RJ and Walken? And was so upset that she decided to get the hell off the yacht. So she flung on her heavy coat over her gown and went to the dinghy, slipped and the rest is history. I always thought she was leaving, not tying the dinghy down. But would she leave in her gown? With that much wine in her belly and if she was upset she might not have been thinking clearly. This scenero would also explain why Walken has never spoke about what happened.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Aha! So what if she walked in on RJ and Walken? And was so upset that she decided to get the hell off the yacht. So she flung on her heavy coat over her gown and went to the dinghy, slipped and the rest is history. I always thought she was leaving, not tying the dinghy down. But would she leave in her gown? With that much wine in her belly and if she was upset she might not have been thinking clearly. This scenero would also explain why Walken has never spoke about what happened.
    Someone else mentioned in the Natalie Wood thread that it was a possibility that Walken and RJ were involved in something like that together.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Someone else mentioned in the Natalie Wood thread that it was a possibility that Walken and RJ were involved in something like that together.
    Yeah, I remember reading it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Morrissey Guest
    Perhaps I'm paranoid, but I'm a little suspicious of Wagner... He admitted of his anger and jealousy, and was even angry that night.

I guess I'll just say just because he talked about it doesn't mean he's innocent.

I would also love to hear Walken's side...

endsleigh03 Guest
    Walken creeps me, my BIL looks exactly like him. Good actor tho.

As far as what happened on the boat, I still think it's fishy, and as others said, the fact that Walken never talked is too weird.

Mach2 Guest
    They were all drinking like fish and fighting like dogs. Natale had no choice but to split. Unfortunately she wasn't in condition to get from the yacht to the dingy. Death by misadventure. The water off Catalina are very cold even in summer. A less than capable swimmer like Natale could easily easily slip underwater and swallow water and drown almost instantly unless someone saw her go under and pull her out to do AR which was not the case.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    They were all drinking like fish and fighting like dogs. Natale had no choice but to split. Unfortunately she wasn't in condition to get from the yacht to the dingy. Death by misadventure. The water off Catalina are very cold even in summer. A less than capable swimmer like Natale could easily easily slip underwater and swallow water and drown almost instantly unless someone saw her go under and pull her out to do AR which was not the case.
    It was a accident that happened while she was drunk. She should have stayed on the boat, but when people drink, they don't think like they should.

Mach2 Guest
    It was a accident that happened while she was drunk. She should have stayed on the boat, but when people drink, they don't think like they should.
    Yes it was an accident but when a big guy smashes a wine bottle on a table to threaten another big guy then a small woman tends to try and leave. Why hang around till one of them punches you? Why hang around if you are the source of the argument? After all she was just 200ft from shore. It seemed easy enough.

lisalouver Guest
    Yes it was an accident but when a big guy smashes a wine bottle on a table to threaten another big guy then a small woman tends to try and leave. Why hang around till one of them punches you? Why hang around if you are the source of the argument? After all she was just 200ft from shore. It seemed easy enough.
    I guess I can't say because I have not been in that position. However, had she been sober, things would have been a lit different, I suspect.

We will never know what happened that night, who even knows if RJ's account is true? She could have smashed a bottle on the table and he is protecting her all these years later.

I will tell you what, I have worked in law enforcment/death investigation for many years and small women who are drunk can do some serious damage.

Mach2 Guest
    I guess I can't say because I have not been in that position. However, had she been sober, things would have been a lit different, I suspect.
    Nah. If you fall in very cold water you can drown almost instantly.I have had that happen dead sober. You breath out all your oxygen in a split second and drown nearly instantaneously. Sober or drunk unless somebody is right there over you your chances are zero. The cold water off Catalina have drowned thousands of people. Entire shiploads have drowned.

lisalouver Guest
    Nah. If you fall in very cold water you can drown almost instantly.I have had that happen dead sober. You breath out all your oxygen in a split second and drown nearly instantaneously. Sober or drunk unless somebody is right there over you your chances are zero. The cold water off Catalina have drowned thousands of people. Entire shiploads have drowned.
    I work as a death investigator and have investigated many drownings. It is proven though that you can survive in cold water.

But that was not what I was getting at. What I was getting at is had she stayed sober or not gotten so drunk, there would not have been a need at least in her mind to get into a dingy in the dark.

Mach2 Guest
    I work as a death investigator and have investigated many drownings. It is proven though that you can survive in cold water.

But that was not what I was getting at. What I was getting at is had she stayed sober or not gotten so drunk, there would not have been a need at least in her mind to get into a dingy in the dark.
    Investigator or not you are missing the point. If you fall into very cold water the air leaves your lungs like a gut punch. Didn't you read me saying I had it happen to me? A life guard grabbed me by the hair and pulled me out otherwise I would have drowned in about ten seconds. I was unconscious almost instantly and I was a trained swimmer. I was not aware the water was 45 defrees though. The lifeguard knew what was going to happen to me before I hit the water.