Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 1466

Thread: Natalie Wood

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    I've seen both rocks/pebbles and coins on headstones in a Jewish cemetary where my friend's husband is buried...

    Lots of interesting customs in the jewish culture... like no embalming, no cremation... and in orthodox cemetaries, men can't be buried next to women who aren't their wives...

    Susan
    The thing that always gets me at traditional Jewish funerals is when the funeral attendees take turn shoveling dirt into the grave. My friend told me it is the last act of kindness you can do for a person. Very poignant.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by ppepper View Post
    Thats what I heard from some people who worked in the film industry. And think about it, Natalie was afraid of water. So, what would be so bad to make her leave in a dingy??
    My theory? She was getting sick with life on a yacht. Unless the yacht was one of those massive ones that gazillionaires own with helipads on them, the yachting life can get old very easily. I have spent some time on two different yachts in my life. Both times, by the second or third day I felt like I was going NUTS! The living area is like a small house at best. The two I was on only had showers and you had to get wet, turn off the water, soap up, turn on the water and then rinse off. Think RV for the wealthy.

    She probably couldn't take it any longer and went ashore to find a nice, quiet little motel room for peace and quiet and so she could take a long, relaxing bubble bath.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024



    Gorgeous Natalie,shes unbelievable beautiful, and that body.... to die for!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    420
    Splendor in the Grass is classic.

    Deanie: " My pride? My pride? I don't want my pride!"


    Sounds like what we went through in highschool. Luckily, we have evolved.
    Last edited by itsintheeyes; 12-12-2007 at 11:57 AM.
    You were born with an asshole, Doris! You don't need Chuck!

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    The thing that always gets me at traditional Jewish funerals is when the funeral attendees take turn shoveling dirt into the grave. My friend told me it is the last act of kindness you can do for a person. Very poignant.
    yes, that is another nice tradition of the jews... i got to shovel dirt on to my friend's husband last March.... it felt like an act of respect and kindness...
    "Why does everything I whip leave me?"
    Homer to the universe-at-large
    The Simpsons Movie

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Gorgeous Natalie,shes unbelievable beautiful, and that body.... to die for!
    I just loved her in Gypsy... made me want to be a stripper! Unfortunately, life had other plans for me!
    "Why does everything I whip leave me?"
    Homer to the universe-at-large
    The Simpsons Movie

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by itsintheeyes View Post
    Splendor in the Grass is classic.

    Deanie: " My pride? My pride? I don't want my pride!"


    Sounds like what we went through in highschool. Luckily, we have evolved.
    I may be wrong, but I thought that her line was.....

    " My pride ? My pride ? I don't have any pride ! "


  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought that her line was.....

    " My pride ? My pride ? I don't have any pride ! "



    Apparently, IMDB isn't that accurate. And, I wanted to state it precisely (that's why I tried looking it up first), but whatev...

    But, I looked it up and here it goes:

    Bud: Deanie, you're not yourself. Deanie, where's your pride?
    Deanie: My pride? MY PRIDE!! (He slaps her face as she becomes hysterical.)...
    Bud: Stop it, Deanie! (He shakes her to make her come to her senses.) Stop!
    Deanie: Oh, God. I haven't any pride. I HAVEN'T ANY PRIDE!
    Bud: Oh God, Deanie, what am I gonna do with you? (He hugs her.)
    Deanie: I don't care what you do. I don't care what happens. I haven't any pride. I just want to die. I just want to die.

    Pending this site isn't full of crap, too!



    So, I guess we both need to get together and watch it over popcorn!
    You were born with an asshole, Doris! You don't need Chuck!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I may be wrong, but I thought that her line was.....

    " My pride ? My pride ? I don't have any pride ! "

    Hottest. Natalie. Photo. Ever.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hell, Death Valley California
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    I saw her grave at Westwood when I was there. I have one question that I have not found the answer to, why do people leave pennies on the headstones? Her's had them all over it, and even Dean Martins had them propped up on top of his marker.
    i don't know if anyone else has answered this, i haven't read all the way down, but from my understanding the pennies are to be spent (given) to the reaper that takes you across the river in Hades. You are to pay the boat driver and if you don't have enough, you end up forever in hell. just what i heard. Also on her headstone is a strange cross, it's a Russian Orthodox cross instead of a usual Catholic/Christian cross. She was of Russian ancestry.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    new zealand
    Posts
    2,593
    only my opinion, but i never cared for n. wood. i find her acting was predictable and somewhat second rate. her looks, typical starlet stuff. too bad she left this world early, but it doesn't make her a martyred goddess. we have choice, and sometimes our choices stink. lol
    pull the string!

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hell, Death Valley California
    Posts
    579
    Don't know if anyone knows or cares, but i was reading an article last year about the folks in Splendor In The Grass and the director said Natalie was absolutely ill about having to be in water up to her neck and could not wait to get out of the water she had such a fear of drowning. also when making This Property is Condemed (help with spelling) Robert Redford and Robert Blake got in a fight over Natalie. Hmm, Robert Blake...

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,064
    It was quite upsetting to read in her bio book about her being viciously raped when she was younger by a very famous actor. Most have said it was definitely Kirk Douglas. Does anyone else remember reading this?

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hell, Death Valley California
    Posts
    579
    wow, now that you mention it, yeah. I think I read a book put out by her sister sort of right after she died but never read the bio. Her book was kind of a Mommie Dearest if i remember correctly, gotta go back and re-read.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Hottest. Natalie. Photo. Ever.
    There's a scene in the movie that takes place right after this shot was taken; in it she's in her bed and hugging her pillow pretending that it is BUD, her thighs straddle the pillow. Hot. Forever frozen in her youth in that shot, IMO.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I think this was in the book 'Natasha'
    That when Natalie was young, her mother encouraged and even drove her to Frank Sinatra's place and she would stay the nigt with him. I think she was like 15 or 16.
    I have always heard that this story of her and Frank Sinatra was the basis of that part of The Godfather where the movie producer with the expensive horse won't hire Johnny Fontane; you know, he tells Tom Hagen that story over dinner about Fontane ruining a starlet. According to some conspiracy theorists she was the starlet and Fontane was Sinatra.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    I have always heard that this story of her and Frank Sinatra was the basis of that part of The Godfather where the movie producer with the expensive horse won't hire Johnny Fontane; you know, he tells Tom Hagen that story over dinner about Fontane ruining a starlet. According to some conspiracy theorists she was the starlet and Fontane was Sinatra.
    Doubtful that NATALIE was the starlet in question, cause the mafia force/horse head story had to do with SINATRA getting the part of Maggio in FROM HERE TO ETERNITY. NATALIE was only 14 when the film was in production, let alone how long it took to get everything and everyone together beforehand . She still looked like a kid at 14, and was so close in age to NANCY. It wasn't til about 2,3 years later that NATALIE like a hothouse flower forced to bloom before its time, began to look the part of a young woman. Yeah, MRS. GURDIN, well, what a piece of work !

    Now, NATALIE did date FRANK SINATRA in the mid 60s for a while after her divorce, and don't forget, in the late 50s, early 60s NATALIE & R.J. used to do a good deal of socializing with SINATRA and whomever he was currently dating at that time (BACALL, PROWSE, NETTLETON etcetera).

    It is however rather ironic that NATALIE was cast in the remake of
    FROM HERE TO ETERNITY in 1979.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Doubtful that NATALIE was the starlet in question, cause the mafia force/horse head story had to do with SINATRA getting the part of Maggio in FROM HERE TO ETERNITY. NATALIE was only 14 when the film was in production, let alone how long it took to get everything and everyone together beforehand . She still looked like a kid at 14, and was so close in age to NANCY. It wasn't til about 2,3 years later that NATALIE like a hothouse flower forced to bloom before its time, began to look the part of a young woman. Yeah, MRS. GURDIN, well, what a piece of work !

    Now, NATALIE did date FRANK SINATRA in the mid 60s for a while after her divorce, and don't forget, in the late 50s, early 60s NATALIE & R.J. used to do a good deal of socializing with SINATRA and whomever he was currently dating at that time (BACALL, PROWSE, NETTLETON etcetera).

    It is however rather ironic that NATALIE was cast in the remake of
    FROM HERE TO ETERNITY in 1979.
    Thanks for the timeline and also, holy crap your avatar is beautiful. Where is that grave located?

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Mulhenny View Post
    Thanks for the timeline and also, holy crap your avatar is beautiful. Where is that grave located?
    DRUID RIDGE CEMETERY in Baltimore near the graves of my greatgrandparents . It is the AGNUS monument. There used to be a legend about it called 'Black Aggie' ; A mourning figure that sat there. Lore grew 'Aggie' moved at night, her eyes glowed. Back in the 1950s college kids used her for part of their initiations etc..Eventually the AGNUS family had her removed from the pedestal and gvae her to the SMITHSONIAN. Today she resides behind the DOLLY MADISON HOUSE in Washington D.C.


    'BLACK AGGIE' today

    Last edited by KELT; 12-14-2007 at 11:31 AM.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    OJ told me he "banged" her once or twice and that she was "a nutty broad."
    What do you mean, what do I mean?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iGhqDHlWE

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    OJ told me he "banged" her once or twice and that she was "a nutty broad."
    You know Christie, i respect everybody' freedom of speech and write, but this has really saddened me for some reason. For God's sake this woman died drowned at 41 years old and she has children.... maybe its just me but i think that there are more sensitive ways to express opinion and state sentences.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    You know Christie, i respect everybody' freedom of speech and write, but this has really saddened me for some reason. For God's sake this woman died drowned at 41 years old and she has children.... maybe its just me but i think that there are more sensitive ways to express opinion and state sentences.
    If you're a big fan of hers, sorry. But if I was one of her children, I'd be far more offended by the posts in here stating that RJ killed her or she was screwing Christopher Walken.
    What do you mean, what do I mean?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iGhqDHlWE

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie Prody View Post
    If you're a big fan of hers, sorry. But if I was one of her children, I'd be far more offended by the posts in here stating that RJ killed her or she was screwing Christopher Walken.
    No prob, Christie. Seriously, im not that kind of people who gets mad because someone says a bad thing about a person that i didndt even know. What i found quite harsh was the phrase nutty broad. But, i didnt take it that seriously, it only saddened me to read an expression like that referred to woman who had such a tragic death.
    Oh, and by the way, im pretty sure that her daughters dont believe that RJ had anything to do with her death, neither do i.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    No prob, Christie. Seriously, im not that kind of people who gets mad because someone says a bad thing about a person that i didndt even know. What i found quite harsh was the phrase nutty broad. But, i didnt take it that seriously, it only saddened me to read an expression like that referred to woman who had such a tragic death.
    Oh, and by the way, im pretty sure that her daughters dont believe that RJ had anything to do with her death, neither do i.
    I think the chances of that are like zero. I think it was very up and down for them, but he would never do something like that. Someone once said it best, she was a very beautiful and talented actress in a lot of very bad movies. Not all were bad, obviously, but she did a lot of films I wouldn't call classics.
    If you get Season 1 of Hart to Hart of DVD, there is an episode where she has a cameo as an actress playing Scarlett O'Hara. That was a wonderful show.
    What do you mean, what do I mean?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iGhqDHlWE

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,450
    I dont believe it was accident. I think that she and Wagner were arguing on deck, and he pushed her or hit her or something to make her fall off. I have always been suspicious of Wagner.

  26. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    What I don't understand is why if she was so afraid of the water, did she purchased that boat. It makes no sense to me. They spent a lot of time on that boat too. I think that being afraid of water was all BS put out by bollywood to make it look like someone knocked her off. I don'tlike heights and sure as hell wouldn't buy a condo on the 60th floor to spend my free time in. I personally think they all got drunk and maybe she fell in by that dinghy grabbed it, it came lose and and she drowned. I don;t think wagner and goofy were having sex but I think with Nats history of doing anyone guy she worked with that maybe she and Walken had a thing going and Robert didn't trust her after their first go round with marriage because she dumped him for Warren . Of course Warren dumped her lol.

  27. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    I don't think for a minute that Rj or CW killed NW. As far as her kids go they live in HW and they have heard the sotries of her and her leading men. They have to no she was doing Wb when she was married to RJ the first time. I also read that this 2nd marriage wasn't going all that well. People do stupid things on drugs and booze. She offed herself by putting on a feath tick coat and falling in the water while blitez on booze and drugs in my humble opinion. Walken did give a statement to the cops but will not discuss this accident with anyone. I think he respected Nat and maybe even had a crush on her therefore was not going to add any fuel to the fire that people were busy creating by saying RJ or He or BOth killed her. I do believe that Jill and Nat and RJ had been friends for years and she was there for him when this happened. They fell in love got married 8 or 9 years after Nat drowned and I don't think RJ was doing her while married to Nat or it would have been a big ass scandal and in all the rag mags. RJ isn;t such a bad person he just was dumb to keep marrying the wrong women,

  28. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    182
    She was a stunning woman! My mom named me after her. So sad she was taken at such a young age.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  29. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,125
    I saw on A&E an interview with Rober Redford about NW. They had a thing going for a while and went to high school together. They were very good friends. I never knew that before. He said she was very quiet at school and he was a PUNK that gave her shit before he knew who she was. He also misses her..was a great clip.

  30. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I saw on A&E an interview with Rober Redford about NW. They had a thing going for a while and went to high school together. They were very good friends. I never knew that before. He said she was very quiet at school and he was a PUNK that gave her shit before he knew who she was. He also misses her..was a great clip.
    NATALIE was also a great help to REDFORD and his career. Her sister LANA had seen him on tv and suggested that NATALIE check him out for when she was going to be in her next picture and maybe checking out her potential leading man; NATALIE had that kind of clout at the time (mid 60s). They made three films together:
    INSIDE DAISY CLOVER and THIS PROPERTY IS CONDEMNED, and finally, in 1972 NATALIE had a small part in REDFORD' film
    THE CANDIDATE .






    REDFORD next to NATALIE at her May 1969 wedding to RICHARD GREGSON
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

  31. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post
    Any ideas about her death? What really happened in their yacht on that saturday night in 1981? Murder or tragic accident?
    Natalie Wood publicly accused Elvis Presley of being a homosexual. Elvis faked his death in 1977. Payback is sometimes a b!tch.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memphis_Mafia

    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...5&postcount=20

  32. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    in your head
    Posts
    78

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    What I don't understand is why if she was so afraid of the water, did she purchased that boat. It makes no sense to me. They spent a lot of time on that boat too. I think that being afraid of water was all BS put out by bollywood to make it look like someone knocked her off. I don'tlike heights and sure as hell wouldn't buy a condo on the 60th floor to spend my free time in. I personally think they all got drunk and maybe she fell in by that dinghy grabbed it, it came lose and and she drowned. I don;t think wagner and goofy were having sex but I think with Nats history of doing anyone guy she worked with that maybe she and Walken had a thing going and Robert didn't trust her after their first go round with marriage because she dumped him for Warren . Of course Warren dumped her lol.
    I agree novstorm!Water+fear of water and not being able to swim=buying a huge yacht.hmmmmm.I am also a bit confused as to why people think wagner could not possibly,no way in hell have had anything to do with her death.Why? are some of his/her good friend's member's of this site and know this for a fact?Interesting
    Last edited by chopper; 01-21-2008 at 10:08 PM.

  33. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    91
    Her sister Lana wrote a tell all book about her sister. I dont remember everything about the book but I remember her sister writing that NW tried to kill herself several times. Her sister also got all her cloths when Natalie died. She sold some of her things because her wardrobe was extensive. RJ never spoke to Lana after that or ever allowed her to she the kids again. He was a control freak from what I remember about the book.

  34. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Deat becomesher View Post
    Her sister Lana wrote a tell all book about her sister. I dont remember everything about the book but I remember her sister writing that NW tried to kill herself several times. Her sister also got all her cloths when Natalie died. She sold some of her things because her wardrobe was extensive. RJ never spoke to Lana after that or ever allowed her to she the kids again. He was a control freak from what I remember about the book.
    NATALIE'S suicide attempt occurred in late 1966. Future playwright MART CROWLEY was living on her property at the time in her guest house. He had been her 'assistant'/secretary. NATALIE had just eneded an affair with a married man. The man was not ever named, but I think that it was director SYDNEY POLLACK. WARREN BEATTY had visited her during the day and they'd had an argument. Their affair had ended over 2 years earlier but they'd stayed in & out of each others lives. NATALIE just got more depressed as the day wore on. She ended up taking all of her sleeping pills. Apparently she thought better of it and once she started to 'go under' she decided to get help. I can't remember if it was MART who found her on the staircase or another employee or that employee' son, but they got her to CEDARS-SINAI in time and they had to pump her stomach. LANA later recalled getting a call from their mother who instructed her to go to the hospital with some nondiscript day clothing for NATALIE who had been registered under an anonymous name. They had her secreted in a section of the hospital that LANA said she hadn't even known existed. Once outside her sister's room she was told to wait because NATALIE'S psychiatrist was in the room with NATALIE. LANA said that he was cursing up a storm at NATALIE over her botched attempt. LANA said that when she finally got in the room that NATALIE'S face was all bruised from the resusitation and that she'd never seen her sister so disorganized & out of it.

    Yes, NATALIE left her clothing to LANA. RJ wanted to keep the furs for his daughters including a BLACKLAMA coat that NATALIE had recently received for having done one of those "What Becomes A Legend Most....?" ads. LANA agreed & he wrote her a check which she later claimed he'd low-balled her on. NATALIE was very tiny: She was barely 5' tall and her ideal weight was 95 pounds, so not a whole lot of women could have used her clothing. RJ & LANA had been on & off for years, and I'll spare you the details but LANA, rightly or wrongly made rumblings about the circumstances surrounding her sister's death from the beginning and that was the final straw as far as RJ was concerned.

    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

  35. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    91
    I remember the book and it was not very flattering when it came to RJ. I know their mother was allowed to visit the kids after Natalies death but the sister wasn't. Yes the book implied that RJ couldnt or wouldnt explain to the family what happen the night she drowned. Also painted the mother as another Lynn Spears pushing her young daughter to work.

  36. #136
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Deat becomesher View Post
    I remember the book and it was not very flattering when it came to RJ. I know their mother was allowed to visit the kids after Natalies death but the sister wasn't. Yes the book implied that RJ couldnt or wouldnt explain to the family what happen the night she drowned. Also painted the mother as another Lynn Spears pushing her young daughter to work.

    On one of the sets of NATALIE'S earliest movies (I think it was TOMORROW IS FOREVER) when NATALIE was a child there was a scene that called for her to really cry her little heart out. The mother, MARIA GUDRIN, stood in the back behind the crew but close enough for NATALIE to see her. When the time came for NATALIE'S crying scene, the mother held up a butterfly and pulled off its wings so that the little girl would see.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

  37. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Minnesooooota!
    Posts
    9,876
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    On one of the sets of NATALIE'S earliest movies (I think it was TOMORROW IS FOREVER) when NATALIE was a child there was a scene that called for her to really cry her little heart out. The mother, MARIA GUDRIN, stood in the back behind the crew but close enough for NATALIE to see her. When the time came for NATALIE'S crying scene, the mother held up a butterfly and pulled off its wings so that the little girl would see.
    Jesus.

    That is horrible!

  38. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,890

    Sexy Natalie

    Enjoy pics of one of the best and most beautiful actresses ever!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  39. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,890

    Natalie &....

    ....RJ, Courtney, Elvis and McQueen.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  40. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,890

    Natalie Alone

    Natalie Wood....
    Attached Images Attached Images

  41. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Middle Midwest
    Posts
    1,890

    My Belief....

    I believe Natalie, being a little intoxicated, went out to tie up the dinghy (which was banging up against the yacht) in just her nightgown and jacket, fell in the water, tried to crawl in the dinghy, and unable to raise herself up (I read where that jacket was a down one, which would be very heavy in the water) eventually drowned.....she had abrasions on her cheek and her leg and from what Dr Noguchi (the coroner) said, this theory would be consistent with her injuries....
    I think that weekend a lot of alcohol was consumed, which of course makes the explanations more vague coming from Walken and Wagner...
    What makes it saddest is that Natalie died in the most scary way for her.....I forget where she said this (some televised interview I saw on TV) but she said, "I enjoy being on water, on our boat, I just don't like being in water."

  42. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    It was quite upsetting to read in her bio book about her being viciously raped when she was younger by a very famous actor. Most have said it was definitely Kirk Douglas. Does anyone else remember reading this?
    No but for some reason it wouldn't surprise me at all...



  43. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Yes, KIRK DOUGLAS seemed to be the most likely culprit. This allegedly occurred around 1955. NATALIE went on suspension @ WARNER BROTHERS several years later for refusing to be cast in one of his films.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

  44. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Yes, KIRK DOUGLAS seemed to be the most likely culprit. This allegedly occurred around 1955. NATALIE went on suspension @ WARNER BROTHERS several years later for refusing to be cast in one of his films.
    Did Natalie ever talked about that?

  45. #145
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bulldog Town
    Posts
    36,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    what kind of wood doesn't float?
    Natalie, unfortunately.

  46. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    5,141
    Quote Originally Posted by leevancleef View Post
    Did Natalie ever talked about that?
    Yes, but never publicly. Nobody in the entertainment business wants to be part of a scandal, any scandal. She would have always been thought of as "the rape victim". Like with others: When you hear of ROCK HUDSON, you think aids; hear MICHAEL JACKSON- you think pedophile; MARILYN MONROE- Kennedys, sex, Nembutal etcetera.

    NATALIE'S closest friends knew about it, as did her family. Her mother, by the way supposedly was 'thrilled' that it had been by such a big name.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

  47. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,349
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Yes, but never publicly. Nobody in the entertainment business wants to be part of a scandal, any scandal. She would have always been thought of as "the rape victim". Like with others: When you hear of ROCK HUDSON, you think aids; hear MICHAEL JACKSON- you think pedophile; MARILYN MONROE- Kennedys, sex, Nembutal etcetera.

    NATALIE'S closest friends knew about it, as did her family. Her mother, by the way supposedly was 'thrilled' that it had been by such a big name.
    Jeez her mother was a real piece of work, eh? Can you imagine attempting to mitigate the damage of your own daughter's rape by playing up the fact that it was done by such a big star ??? What a raging BITCH...



  48. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,535
    Great eyebrows

  49. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,232
    There's something so deeply Russian about her, isn't there?

    At the time of her death, she was planning to play Anna Karenina. That would have been perfect.

  50. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Yes, but never publicly. Nobody in the entertainment business wants to be part of a scandal, any scandal. She would have always been thought of as "the rape victim". Like with others: When you hear of ROCK HUDSON, you think aids; hear MICHAEL JACKSON- you think pedophile; MARILYN MONROE- Kennedys, sex, Nembutal etcetera.

    Natalie's closest friends knew about it, as did her family. Her mother, by the way supposedly was 'thrilled' that it had been by such a big name.
    If that is true, that is horrible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •