Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11181920212229 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1475

Thread: Natalie Wood

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    Well, for what it's worth (which isn't much I realize), I'm glad Chris Walken had nothing to do with it. He's about my favorite actor ever, and apparently the reason he never talks about it is out of respect for Natalie and that, well, he was in his room the whole time, so didn't have a lot to add.
    I do love me some Christopher Walken!
    I'm glad too. I never believed he had anything to do with this. He seemed (if the Captain's story is correct) to be put in a uncomfortable position by Wagner's ranting. It would be interesting if Walken talks to the investigators, and if his story jives with Wagner's or the Captain's.
    Cindy

endsleigh03 Guest
    Dennis coulda shaved for these interviews, he would be more credible if he didn't look like that.

The description of the person who found her in the water.... puffy coat billowing out......(eyes open? She had such beautiful eyes) is sooooooo creepy.

monroe27 Guest
    I wonder what really happened that night, and if the reopening of this case will shed any light as to whether it was accidental or not. I remember when I was a kid and saw Natalie Wood in "Miracle on 34th Street" then "Rebel Without A Cause" and "West Side Story" which is one of my absolute favorite movies. So sad that she died young. Hopefully they will find an answer as to what happened. And yes the Captain looks creepy.....

Murphee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HARLOWNUMBER1 View Post
    Thanks for the photos relander.

That one photo with Natalie standing with Betty on the beach shows how extremely tiny she was. Despite being in heels, Betty still seems to have a good foot or so on her. I've heard before that Natalie was only about five-feet on the nose.
    Good for her! Most actresses in the past weren't that much taller.

Bayou Queen Guest
    I don't think there will be any charges brought against Wagner but I hope with this information being brought out to the public will let Wagner know that many people believe that there was more to her death than her trying to re-tie a dinghy. There had been an argument accusations of infidelity and emotions were raw, along with a lot of alcohol and it turned deadly. He was and still is concerned about his public image which is everything to him so just having this resurface and questions being asked has to be eating at him, if not then it should.

I wish Walken would at least say there was an argument. I think Walken did the right thing by going to his cabin, i know I would if a married couple started arguing. Walken had no way of knowing it would end this way.

Murphee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    One more thing. I am absolutely terrified of water. I love being near the water, and we have stayed many times on the beach in Destin and just being able to hear the powerful waves and see the beautiful blue green water from the balcony is almost spiritual to me, but I don't care how drunk I have been, I would NEVER ever go out on a boat alone, sober and in the daylight I would not go out on that boat by myself , that is how terrified people are that have a huge fear of water.

That is why I think something is fishy.
    Fishy? That's funny. (sorry)

deanfan Guest
    Natalie Wood commercial from 1981. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ImSgKAZvk

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    "What kind of wood doesn't float?"

Natalie Wood
    That joke is not only old, but very tasteless and not very classy.

This joke on the other hand, Golden!

Why didn't Natalie Wood take a shower on the boat?

Because she wanted to wash up on shore
    Last edited by Bbeelzebub; 11-20-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Normally she was a moderate drinker, but she went overboard that night.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

She could usually hold her alcohol but she got a little dingy.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Wonka, wonka, wonka!

dia846 Guest
    I remember hearing about Natalie's death when it happened, and I was just sick about it. Natalie Wood was a huge favorite of mine. I watched the 48 Hours show, but her episode was short. Did learn a few little things, like Robert Wagner changed a small part of his story later in his book from what he told LE at the time. I was stunned to learn that even when Natalie was located several hours later that the EMT who found her felt she hadn't been dead very long. If help had arrived sooner - just the maybe part hurts to think about.

I watched "Spendor in the Grass" on TMC tonight, which I've seen lots of times, as I thought Natalie was wonderful in this! Hollywood is a very small town when you think about --

- The night water scene with Natalie in the movie (her looking at the water now makes me shudder), and Natalie's date was played by Gary Lockwood, who was later married for a while to Stephanie Powers, who was starring with Robert Wagner in "Heart to Heart" when Natalie died. Stephanie had just lost her love, William Holden, a couple of weeks before Natalie's death.

- Immediately after tonight's airing of "Spendor in the Grass" with Natalie and her co-star Warren Beatty (one-time boyfriend of Natalie's), was a movie with Warren's sister, Shirley MacLaine. Lives in Tinseltown can get very entertwined, even in program scheduling.

I don't know what to think about Natalie's death. I've always felt something was wrong with the official explanation, but I just can't believe it was intentional. Maybe negligent, though, in not calling for help sooner. I just don't know. I wonder after all this time if anything will come of this investigation. Much time has passed. I feel a lot of us would like some questions answered in this second look at the case, if that's possible. Natalie is remembered and missed.
    Last edited by dia846; 11-19-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Bbeelzebub Guest
    Tonight's 48 Hours / Vanity Fair episode is online for those that didn't see. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...in;contentBody

Pretty tame stuff. The statements on TMZ had more detail. Still..... I think they definitely left the door open on the idea that Wagner knows the real story and hasn't been as truthful as he'd like people to believe.

james1977 Guest
    I have Noguchi's book- Coroner-Written In 1983 - I just got it from my bookshelf- I re- read his Natalie Wood chapter-  Noguchi really was smart- I believe he called the whole thing. She went out to get on the small boat slipped and fell and she hung on to the side of the dinghy- small boat and was trying to get into it but couldn't, she drifted out to sea, and then reversed and tried to paddle a shore with it, she came close and fell unconcious due to Hypothermia, Hypothermia will knock you out, unconcious and poor Natalie drowned. I believe Noguchi called it. Now why did Natalie leave the main boat, probably because of a fight with Wagner, he was acting like a prick. So Wagner should feel guilty, if he wasn't acting like an asshole, Natalie would still be here. Real tragic, this should never have happenned.

There were rumors going around that Wagner and Walker were having something going on, on the boat that night, Natalie caught them, got upset and went to leave the boat - fell overboard. Wagner decided to teach her a lesson and just let her stay out there in the water - hanging on to the dinghy until hypothermia got to her and she slipped off, drowned.

Well, now another interesting twist has come to light.
    http://www.highlighthollywood.com/2011/11/19/author-rulli-has-natalie-wood’s-secret-diary-has-not-divulged-it-in-her-interviews-exclusive/

I think while the author, Rulli, and the skipper may have an agenda, I also think there was a cover up and Natalie was not given a proper investigation or her due justice. There was something wrong about the whole case...too many things didn't make sense. I thought that 30 years and my opinion hasn't changed.
    Last edited by Lily; 11-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Hellena66 Guest
    i agree james1977 i think wagner just ignored her calling for help and liquorerd up the captain they were stoned on ludes and booze such a waste poor Natalie but what about the brusies did he knock her about?

intothelight Guest
    Well, for what it's worth (which isn't much I realize), I'm glad Chris Walken had nothing to do with it. He's about my favorite actor ever, and apparently the reason he never talks about it is out of respect for Natalie and that, well, he was in his room the whole time, so didn't have a lot to add.
    Me too!! I love that guy!

Bbeelzebub Guest
    I don't get how she would have her diaries. It is rumored there are several diaries and Natalie started on an autobiography before her death. I assumed RJ had them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Well, now another interest twist has come to light.
    http://www.highlighthollywood.com/2011/11/19/author-rulli-has-natalie-wood’s-secret-diary-has-not-divulged-it-in-her-interviews-exclusive/

I think while the author, Rulli, and the skipper may have an agenda, but I also think there was a cover up and Natalie was not given a proper investigation or her due justice. There was something wrong about the whole case...too many things didn't make sense. I thought that 30 years and my opinion hasn't changed.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Ich..do you not find it strange that she buys a boat? She is afraid of bath water yet she buys a small boat. ? SHe is the hollywoodhump it seems yet she calls rape whe caught with this movie star Hollywood drama BS. I think if this were true Sinatra would have ruined his career and her sister ,to me, has been living off of her sister for years and is really just a famewhore. If she ever brings this accusation out about this so called rape she is going to lose every cent she ever made off of Natalie . HIs family is ot going to sit back and let her come out with this with no proof whatsoever. I call BS on the water story drama.I know people who have fear of water and they are not afraid to take a shower and they absolutely would never buy a boat or even get on one or go to the beach.

philbert_wormly Guest
    He just so had nothing to do with it at all.

His worse case scenario with all of this is quite inadvertent because he was maybe sleeping one off in his cabin when all of this happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    There were rumors going around that Wagner and Walker were having something going on, on the boat that night, Natalie caught them, got upset and went to leave the boat - fell overboard. Wagner decided to teach her a lesson and just let her stay out there in the water - hanging on to the dinghy until hypothermia got to her and she slipped off, drowned.
    I've heard that rumor years ago, but I have never believed it. Seems like Wagner didn't like Walken, and wasn't happy that Natalie invited him for the weekend. Seems that there is an agreement between RJ and the Captain, that there was an argument between RJ and Walken and Natalie was pissed about it. RJ's said it was an argument about a statement Walken made about an "actors life" and the Captain said it was RJ yelling at Walken about "you want to fuck my wife!?". I think it may be the latter, since RJ himself said that something seemed amiss during the making of "Brainstorm". According to RJ, Natalie seemed emotional detached from RJ. Mix in a lot of booze with jealousy, and it can get ugly.

I have to believe the Captain's story. It just seems pretty believable IMHO. Just wish he didn't wait so long to say it.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 11-20-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Cindy

Klopek Guest
    This Morning I was watching an interview between Judge Jeanine Pirro and autopsy pro Dr. Michael Baden, Jeanine Pirro asked about all the bruising on Natalie's body. Dr. Baden said that first of all the M.E. who did her autopsy is very well respected and that her autopsy was thorough. The M.E. is still around today.

Dr. Baden: Much of the bruising is post mortem from banging and scraping along rocks and such.
    Jeanine Pirro: What about the circular bruises around her wrists?
    Dr. Baden: That may have been from being held ie. an altercation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Natalie2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	40185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Natalie1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	40186  

Wow, didn't know about the wrist bruising.
    Cindy

Even if he did it, he'll get away with it. So sad.

Klopek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Wow, didn't know about the wrist bruising.
    That's was I thought. I was half asleep-I'm thinking handcuffs?

Pictures of 'The Splendour' today and it's new owner.
    http://www.kitv.com/r-slideshow/29808472/detail.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

monroe27 Guest
    I may have mentioned this a while back, but I myself am deathly afraid of water, having almost drowned twice. I will still take a bath, but the water has to be at a certain level. As someone who is that afraid of water, i can't imagine Natalie trying to board a dinghy...it just doesn't wash. I won't even go on a boat without a life jacket...and its even been a while since i've done that.

Fancynancy Guest
    She and RJ had a long history with boats and water--I always thought it odd as well that she would have anything to do with a yacht after her mother told her she would drown, according to the gypsy stories--that she would have a famous daughter that would drown. her mother was EXTREMELY manipulative and played her like a fiddle for a long time. She and Wagner honeymooned inthe 50's the first time they got married aboard a yacht and were even on the Elizabeth I when it was caught in a huge storm sometime around 71/ Anyway, the alleged rape took place when Natalie was 16-17 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopek View Post
    That's was I thought. I was half asleep-I'm thinking handcuffs?
    I'm thinking she was grabbed tightly by the wrists during a heated argument. According to the captain, when the argument moved to the other room, a lot of noises was heard. The fact that RJ broke a wine bottle has me thinking he may have gotten physical with her. Seems to me that he was in a very violent mood at that point. Like Walken, I would have left the room too.
    Cindy

The diagram declares fresh bruises on the right outer forearm. Maybe she held her arms up to deflect blows to the face.

The coroner had atrocious handwriting.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    The diagram declares fresh bruises on the right outer forearm. Maybe she held her arms up to deflect blows to the face.
    ich, i think you have something there...that looks like it's quite possible that she held up her arms to keep from getting hit in the face. I wonder if reopening this case will do anything at all. I really hope so. Didn't someone on here say that the coroner was fired shortly after this for coming up with possible info? Or did I hear wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by monroe27 View Post
    ich, i think you have something there...that looks like it's quite possible that she held up her arms to keep from getting hit in the face. I wonder if reopening this case will do anything at all. I really hope so. Didn't someone on here say that the coroner was fired shortly after this for coming up with possible info? Or did I hear wrong?
    Dr. Noguchi was fired for talking too freely to the media. Apparently with Bill Holden's and Natalie's death, some felt he said too much about the details. I remember him talking about the alcohol level's in both cases, and it pissed a lot of people off. I always like Dr. Noguchi. Had the chance to meet him in 1975 at the coroners office, and he was a sweet, quiet man. I remember shaking his hand and thought "man, I'm touching the hands that touched the biggest dead stars ever!"

I agree that there may have been some physical violence against Natalie. I always thought RJ had it in him. Never believed RJ's version of events. Maybe that is why Natalie may have left the boat. I would be more inclined to get off the boat if physical violence was done to me. I wouldn't leave if Walken and RJ were arguing about some nonsense about "the actors life" and got involved with that silly argument. The more I read RJ's version, the more ridiculous it sounds.

I'm dying to hear Walken's version of events.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 11-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Cindy

deanfan Guest
    Noguchi had been running his mouth to the media about his "clients." The Screen Actors Guild, and Frank Sinatra, wrote letters to L A County surpervisors. That helped get him demoted.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbeelzebub View Post
    Tonight's 48 Hours / Vanity Fair episode is online for those that didn't see. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...in;contentBody

Pretty tame stuff. The statements on TMZ had more detail. Still..... I think they definitely left the door open on the idea that Wagner knows the real story and hasn't been as truthful as he'd like people to believe.
    Thanks I'll be watching it

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Well, now another interesting twist has come to light.
    http://www.highlighthollywood.com/2011/11/19/author-rulli-has-natalie-woodâ??s-secret-diary-has-not-divulged-it-in-her-interviews-exclusive/

I think while the author, Rulli, and the skipper may have an agenda, I also think there was a cover up and Natalie was not given a proper investigation or her due justice. There was something wrong about the whole case...too many things didn't make sense. I thought that 30 years and my opinion hasn't changed.
    Do you think there's really a diary?

monroe27 Guest
    I love mysteries...I always like to try to solve them, i'm pretty good when it comes to solving mystery movies, but true life is another story. I'm also dying to know Walken's story of what happened that night...interesting. I have always been a Natalie Wood fan, since my parents introduced to me to her movies when i was younger.

Don't know if this has been posted or not but the entire autopsy file is on autopsyfiles

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted or not but the entire autopsy file is on autopsyfiles
    Thank you!!! I haven't read this in years!!!

deanfan Guest
    This is the first I've heard about a diary, or autobiography. If there is a diary, and it had been given to him years ago, he probably would've destroyed it if it made him look guilty of treating her in a bad way. He seems to cherish his image more than anything. If the supposed diary did make him look suspicious, seems like that would be witholding evidence. Who knows, this is getting stranger all the time. Here is an interesting video morphing Natalie's pictures. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJcpy...eature=related

I remember Natalie's death from day one . Immediately , there were question marks hanging all over this incident. The last 30 years it has had a cloud hanging over it , only , now that cloud has appeared to have gotten darker.

' Nothing is ever settled until it is settled right '
    Rudyard Kipling

deanfan Guest
    I wonder why Marilyn Wayne has not mentioned on tv yet that she received a threatening note a few days after Natalie's death, while working at the same firm as RW's stockbroker. I also wonder what happened to the note.

Natalie couldn't have thought RJ that bad she married hime twice!! Kind of feel sorry for their children having it all dragged back up, I would love to know what really happened that night but unforntunately is won't change anything

Found this deanfan , on Marilyn Wayne :

http://tinyurl.com/cuc2srh

deanfan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    Found this deanfan , on Marilyn Wayne :

http://tinyurl.com/cuc2srh
    I wonder if she still has the note, or showed it to anyone else? I sure would've preserved it. It seems to me the cops should be looking very closely at RW since his stockbroker worked in her building. He was able to get his attorneys to to have Davern sign a paper that told his version. RW said he thought she went to another boat. Nobody heard the dingy start up, she didn't even know how to use it, and even if she did I don't believe she would go out alone at night. No self respecting woman, especially a movie star, is going out visiting in her nightgown. There is no evidence Natalie was having an affair, however, I wonder if he was already seeing Jill St John. They went public rather quickly. RW is full of crap, and I hope his lies finally catch up with him. I know a couple of those shows, like Inside Edition, are going to be talking about this today. It would be nice to hear something new.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Wow, I smell a new "trial of the century" brewing. This has the potential to be bigger than OJ and MJ combined.

Christopher Walken is gonna be great giving testimony in that "Christopher Walken" voice of his.

Nancy Grace is probably wetting herself with excitment already.

I have read so many times how tiny Natalie was and that her height was only 5'. The autopsy report measurement of her body is 64", so she was actually 5'4".

doyleloyal Guest
    completely agree. Robert wagner is as guilty as they come. I have a sneaking suspicion Walken may have walked in on the tail end of it or over heard something and Wagner told him to keep his mouth shut and go along with whatever he said when they were questioned. I can't wait to hear more about this case!

DisneyStacy Guest
    When I heard about the case being re-opened, I posted on Facebook that I was so happy and that I hope we get some answers. Then this guys I vaguely know, posted very condescendingly, "She got drunk and drowned." Ugh, I was so annoyed. We all know she was drunk and drowned, but a multitude of other factors could have led to her death. I was so annoyed, I had to come here where my fellow Death Hags would be on the same page.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyStacy View Post
    When I heard about the case being re-opened, I posted on Facebook that I was so happy and that I hope we get some answers. Then this guys I vaguely know, posted very condescendingly, "She got drunk and drowned." Ugh, I was so annoyed. We all know she was drunk and drowned, but a multitude of other factors could have led to her death. I was so annoyed, I had to come here where my fellow Death Hags would be on the same page.
    Did you tell this guy he was a condescending prick with nothing of value to add to the conversation?