Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2027282930 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1475

Thread: Natalie Wood

navallint Guest
    Wish Lana had kicked him in the nuts. I never understood the attraction, to me is a pug faced fucker. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Lana Wood confronts Robert Wagner over sister's death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alifornia.html

In reading the comments on the article I was surprised that the majority seemed to side with him. I still think the smug bastard had something to do with her death.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

I don't think that she was killed but the fact that she was drunker than shit, had pain meds and some other shit in her system probably didn't stop her from being scared to death after she fell into the water. That makes me really sad.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I read an article that said she had marks on her body are evident of her having been assaulted and was probably unconscious when she hit the water. Of course, there's all kinds of conspiracy theories floating around.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-04-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

trekgrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I read an article that said she had marks on her body are evident of her having been assaulted and was probably unconscious when she hit the water. Of course, there's all kinds of conspiracy theories floating around.
    No pun intended, right? LOL I've heard the same front he bios I've read. Her desperation to get out of there and off that boat must have been off the charts to get her into the dinghy given her intense fear of the water... or she was knocked unconscious (because of what she saw and the ensuing physical fight), put in that coat and placed in the dinghy. If she came to when she was in the water, she might have panicked, which caused the drowning. It just seems like if this crime had happened today, we'd be able to figure it out.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-04-2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Correcting my grammar

I think he did have something to do with it, but I think they both were drunk as shit. it's sad that some stories, we will never know the true story. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I think he did have something to do with it, but I think they both were drunk as shit. it's sad that some stories, we will never know the true story. ugh.
    Booze was a factor for sure, I think they got into a fight which led to the back of the boat, he either pushed her over the side or just picked her up and tossed her in.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Booze was a factor for sure, I think they got into a fight which led to the back of the boat, he either pushed her over the side or just picked her up and tossed her in.
    I can see that happening. when I was younger I used to love "Hart to Hart". But after I found out he coulda killed her, I totally cannot stand him anymore. I know...weird.

I can see that happening. when I was younger I used to love "Hart to Hart". But after I found out he coulda killed her, I totally cannot stand him anymore. I know...weird.
    Not weird at all ! I liked him in It Takes A Thief in the 60's, he was so cool in that show. After all the rumors started following her death I saw him as an arrogant SOB with something to hide.

daddy13 Guest
    I was 11 years old when this happened and even then I thought the husband had something to do with it.

Natalie's daughter says her death was an accident

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dignified.html

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I don't think that she was killed but the fact that she was drunker than shit, had pain meds and some other shit in her system probably didn't stop her from being scared to death after she fell into the water. That makes me really sad.
    True, have to agree with this.(very well said)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Fancynancy Guest
    I still think that Wagner is responsible for her going into the water--yes, a lot ofalcohol had been consumed by all andNatalie had taken a pain pill as well as something to combat sea sickness. I firmly believe that he fought with her, and he was ordering her off the boat. He claims at one point the last time he saw her was when she " got bored" with the political discussion between him and Walken and wandered off to bed. Then he changed his story when the heat was on and admitted to police that in a rage, he broke the wine bottle while angrily asking Walken if he was trying to fuck his wife. As soon as he went down to the stateroom after Natalie left the scene, the argument broke out. Davern, who passed a lie detector test said he had never heard them fight like that. I believe Wagner made her put the jacket on or put it on her himself. Afterward Davern came upon the scene with Natalie missing and Wagner looking like, ". he'd seen a ghost."

Kadja1 Guest
    Now here is my idea...What if the captain did it while the guys were drunk and passed out below? Just to play devil's advocate, he certainly waited a long time to "come forward"...

Any law school student could put a million "what ifs" into the mix, so even if he was arrested and charged, there is way too much reasonable doubt knowing what we know now. I feel bad that she's gone but I feel there are better cases the cops need to be focused on.
    Minerva

[SIZE=3] Wood’s insecurities led her later to date bisexual and gay men including director Nicholas Ray and actor Nick Adams.
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Lambert, a well-known gay man in Hollywood circles, wrote the novel and the screenplay for “Inside Daisy Clover” (1965), which is how he became friends with Natalie. She starred as Daisy, the child star who winds up married to a homosexual played by Robert Redford.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The studio toned down the gayness in this flick, but Lambert does not spare any details in Natalie’s bio. It frequently bristles with homo-trivia. Her secretary, for instance, was Mart Crowley, who went on to write “Boys in the Band.” Natalie, herself once almost starred as a closeted lesbian in “Cassandra at the Wedding.” And then there are all the guys who used Natalie as a beard. Even her two-time spouse Robert Wagner has been rumored to be bisexual, some going so far as to say he was making love to actor Christopher Walken on the boat off which Wood drowned. [/SIZE]

Drew, I don't know where you got the quotes but I call bullshit on all of it.
    Minerva

Generic_Heroine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by relander View Post
    Any ideas about her death? What really happened in their yacht on that saturday night in 1981? Murder or tragic accident?
    I think it was a psy-op, she's probably still alive somewhere...

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Generic_Heroine View Post
    I think it was a psy-op, she's probably still alive somewhere...
    Hah! I wish she was still alive!

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trekgrrl View Post
    No pun intended, right? LOL I've heard the same front he bios I've read. Her desperation to get out of there and off that boat must have been off the charts to get her into the dinghy given her intense fear of the water... or she was knocked unconscious (because of what she saw and the ensuing physical fight), put in that coat and placed in the dinghy. If she came to when she was in the water, she might have panicked, which caused the drowning. It just seems like if this crime had happened today, we'd be able to figure it out.

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trekgrrl View Post
    I don't think she was trying to flee the boat at all, she had left the night before, and Dennis Davern had piloted the dinghy for her. She would have just done the same. She told Wagner she wasn't going to stand for him acting a fool, and went to change into PJs and go to bed. I think in the morning, she would have left the Splendor again, but not returned. But of course, Wagner went downstairs shortly after and the fight was on.

22. 07-06-2016, 02:55 PM

Fancynancy, please combine posts 1419, 1420, 1421.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

This is a sad story about her sister Lana. http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...cid=spartandhp
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

How sad. I wish Wagner would help her.

Seems RJ and Natalie argued, she was drunk, fell overboard , RJ was elsewhere fuming and, well, he wishes he could take that moment back and plead with her to retire for the night, but what's done is done. Even his good friend, Robert Osbourne stuck by him. There but for the grace of God... However, he could swallow his pride this time and help out his ex sister in law, but I guess the accusations have made that an impossibility, that same impossibility that allowed a drunk and drug-induced wife to wander around a shipdeck at night.

This has dodgy written all over it, I believe she was murdered, lies, lies and more lies.

Robert Wagner 'person of interest' as per Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42911769

i have always thought he had more to do with her demise than he has admitted. Forensics, even for a cold case like this, has leapt forward. If he is guilty, I had they nail his ass. He is no longer an A-Lister, so hopefully he can't buy Hollywood Justice. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Robert Wagner 'person of interest' as per Los Angeles Sheriff's Dept

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42911769
    In my opinion he has always been a 'person of interest'.

Not that it isn't worth getting to the truth but he is 87. He will never go to prison. The investigation will still take a long time and even if charged he will be able to drag things out for his remaining days and in the odd chance he lives to be 100. No one is going to send even a 95 year old to prison.

I wonder if Walken will have anything to say about this.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

After this many years it feels like a distraction from something more serious. Naturally it has all the ingredients of a Hollywood scandal designed to titillate the masses. "Wagner caught Natalie sleeping with Walken". "Natalie caught Wagner sleeping with Walken". "Natalie and Wagner caught Walken sleeping with himself". On and on it goes....

Has there ever been any photos of her after she was found? Her supposed bruising and cuts?

I have been surrounded by practicing alcoholics most of my life. One thing I have learned is that when they are drunk, they do and say horrible things. But when they become sober in a few hours or days, they often remember nothing about what they did or said. That's the ironic part about AA and how in order to recover, Alcoholics are supposed to make amends to people that they have harmed... it's nice trick if they can do it, because they usually have no memory of doing anything bad to anyone!

Consequently, if the Captain, Robert Wagner and/or Christopher Walken were drunk, they would have no memory of what happened that night. The Captain, Wagner, and/or Walken could have played some part in Natalie's death that night but they legitimately have no recollection of it happening. Does anyone know if Natalie's body was buried or cremated? If buried, she could be exhumed and they could check for bruising. Sometimes the bruising becomes more noticeable days after death. They might be able to match up hand-grip bruises with the sizes and shapes of the Captain, Wagner and/or Walken's hands. But even then, hand marks don't prove murder.

It sure is interesting though. I have always felt that Robert Wagner was a sleaze bucket and can easily see him pushing a drunken and medicated Natalie off the edge of the boat during a raging argument.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Very well put, I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    After this many years it feels like a distraction from something more serious. Naturally it has all the ingredients of a Hollywood scandal designed to titillate the masses. "Wagner caught Natalie sleeping with Walken". "Natalie caught Wagner sleeping with Walken". "Natalie and Wagner caught Walken sleeping with himself". On and on it goes....
    That Walken really gets around.
    I bet he did the Captain too.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

The 48 Hours show was okay, but it really didn't tell much that most of us didn't know already. Drunken fight, he pushes her and she ends up in the water. And Wagner is way too drunk to do anything about it. I'm sure at the time he didn't really give a shit. Sadly nothing will come of this, but I hope it does for her sake.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I have been surrounded by practicing alcoholics most of my life. One thing I have learned is that when they are drunk, they do and say horrible things. But when they become sober in a few hours or days, they often remember nothing about what they did or said. That's the ironic part about AA and how in order to recover, Alcoholics are supposed to make amends to people that they have harmed... it's nice trick if they can do it, because they usually have no memory of doing anything bad to anyone!

Consequently, if the Captain, Robert Wagner and/or Christopher Walken were drunk, they would have no memory of what happened that night. The Captain, Wagner, and/or Walken could have played some part in Natalie's death that night but they legitimately have no recollection of it happening. Does anyone know if Natalie's body was buried or cremated? If buried, she could be exhumed and they could check for bruising. Sometimes the bruising becomes more noticeable days after death. They might be able to match up hand-grip bruises with the sizes and shapes of the Captain, Wagner and/or Walken's hands. But even then, hand marks don't prove murder.

It sure is interesting though. I have always felt that Robert Wagner was a sleaze bucket and can easily see him pushing a drunken and medicated Natalie off the edge of the boat during a raging argument.
    This makes sense to me. I've been surrounded by practicing alcoholics all of my life. This is exactly the way they act. Baby was in AA and never apologized for the hell she created in my life, because, I believe, she doesn't remember.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    This makes sense to me. I've been surrounded by practicing alcoholics all of my life. This is exactly the way they act. Baby was in AA and never apologized for the hell she created in my life, because, I believe, she doesn't remember.
    We have so much in common, Cindy!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    We have so much in common, Cindy!
    Apparently so. And such sad common ground.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Considering this whole tragic thing end-to-end, it so much reminds me of what white trash people are known for, but these are of course wealthy movie and TV stars. It is not encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    The 48 Hours show was okay, but it really didn't tell much that most of us didn't know already. Drunken fight, he pushes her and she ends up in the water. And Wagner is way too drunk to do anything about it. I'm sure at the time he didn't really give a shit. Sadly nothing will come of this, but I hope it does for her sake.
    What I did learn was that:

1) Natalie had never operated the dinghy which they thought she had used to flee the boat (in). Did she know how to operate it ?
    2) Anything like a dinghy banging against the boat, in all likelihood she (NW) would have had Davern take care of.
    3) It was a cold rainy night so why would she have gone out onto a deck in woolen socks in the first place to allegedly re-tie a dinghy ?

I think that the poster above who talked about alcoholics not always remembering every detail from the previous night might well be on to something in regards to the Natalie Wood case. Also, since some of the investigators are now saying that 'Wagner's series of events do not add up', how come they couldn't figure that out back in 1981 ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Nice post Kelt. I think part of the problem was RW was a bigger star in '81. No social media to fan the flames either.

Those three points you make were in the book Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour. Mr. Davern was very clear that she had no idea how to operate the dinghy. He also said due to the nature of the weather it was fully secured. My question is who untied it ? I doubt Natalie did, that leaves Wagner. If she wanted to leave she would have asked Davern, as she did the night before. I really believe he knows what happened that night, but refuses to own up to it. As for the police, I agree with you. I am watching American Crime Story on Versace and they are portrayed as absolute dimwits regarding the case. It's embarrassing.

47. 02-22-2018, 05:12 AM
    Reason
    Spammer

Auntie Amara Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    I've seen both rocks/pebbles and coins on headstones in a Jewish cemetery where my friend's husband is buried...

Lots of interesting customs in the Jewish culture... like no embalming, no cremation... and in orthodox cemeteries, men can't be buried next to women who aren't their wives...

Susan
    The coins and pebbles are placed to signify that someone has been there as a token of remembrance. It's a frequent sight in military cemeteries, too. The denominations of the coins have various meanings, such as a quarter left for someone you served with.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Not that it isn't worth getting to the truth but he is 87. He will never go to prison. The investigation will still take a long time and even if charged he will be able to drag things out for his remaining days and in the odd chance he lives to be 100. No one is going to send even a 95 year old to prison.
    I'm not sure about other countries but here in the UK even at 95, if he was convicted, odds are he would end up behind bars. Back in 2016 a 101-year-old was sentenced to 13 years and told he would have to serve at least 6 before any chance of parole.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm not sure about other countries but here in the UK even at 95, if he was convicted, odds are he would end up behind bars. Back in 2016 a 101-year-old was sentenced to 13 years and told he would have to serve at least 6 before any chance of parole.
    Well, sure. But was the 101-year-old man famous? Always seems to be a different set of rules for the famous versus non-famous. Wagner will never go to prison, even if he is guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyLurker View Post
    Well, sure. But was the 101-year-old man famous? Always seems to be a different set of rules for the famous versus non-famous. Wagner will never go to prison, even if he is guilty.
    True enough. Even if he put his hands up and finally admitted it, he would get away with at most a slap on the wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    True enough. Even if he put his hands up and finally admitted it, he would get away with at most a slap on the wrist.
    I agree, if they had wanted to get him, they would have already.