Thread: Ipswich Serial Killer Steve Wright

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK

Ipswich Serial Killer Steve Wright

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7182835.stm

I'm sorry for the ladies that lost their lives
    But have to tell you that Iâ??m glad that we have some new material here in the UK.
    We're all hags so don't judge me :-)

I suppose this guy (if he's Guilty) just qualifies as a serial killer!
    Watch this space

Katrinawitch Guest
    Us, judge you?!? Never! Death Hags unite!

I haven't heard of this case, but will try to read up on it. Love the smiling picture of him that accompanies the story!

Thank you for the link! I usually have to go to the Crime Library/Court TV site for my serial killer fix!

Wow, he killed all these women in 10 days (again, assuming the evidence is ironclad)? That's extremely prolific! I wonder if he would qualify as both a serial and a spree killer, then.

Please keep us posted on this thread on any updates.

Edit: Actually, rereading it, the _bodies_ were discovered in a 10-day period, but they don't say how close together they were killed. It sounds like very close, though
    Last edited by amaranthaseven; 01-15-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: clarification

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...al/default.stm

Another link carrying on from yesterdays one

i recall that one of the victims was caught on a CCTV on a train that was shown on the news quite extensively at the beginning of last year. i suppose that we shall see that again as it is used as evidence.

Forgive me but i want GORY DETAIL

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1304402,00.html

The prosecution now rests in this murder trial and Steve Wright (The accused) is the 1st witness for the defence.
    On this link there are interesting bits of CCTV footage of the victims shortly before the met their murderer â?? whether or not they met Mr Wright (Forgive the pun) remains to be seen!

yet more info (But not much) as the judge is summing up today

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=7564551

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7256402.stm

Verdict Just in
    The Jury Found him Guilty pretty Quickly

Now we can look forward to the Juicy Details that didn't come out in court.

Sentencing Friday. They're predicting 30 years or natural life.

Now the News Rags are having a field day!!

isn't it odd the whenever somone is conviced of Murder the papers link them to Suzy Lamplugh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzy_Lamplugh

Apparantly Steve Wright worked with her on a boat in the early 80's

The Grim Reefer Guest

steve wright

He worked with her on the QE2

<H2>Ipswich serial killer Steve Wright has been given a full life sentence - the toughest penalty that can possibly be handed down.

</H2> Wright facing life in prison

At Ipswich Crown Court, Mr Justice Gross said: "It is right you should spend your whole life in prison."
    "This was a targeted campaign of murder.
    "You killed them, stripped them and left them... why you did it may never be known."
    Jurors took less than eight hours yesterday to convict him of murdering five women.
    Tania Nicol,19, Gemma Adams, 25, Anneli Alderton, 24, Paula Clennell,24, and Annette Nicholls, 29 were all found strangled in Suffolk.
    "Drugs and prostitution meant they were at risk," the judge told Wright.
    But neither drugs nor prostitution killed them. You did."
    He continued: "I must pass a sentence which meets the justice of the case. In my judgment upon reflection it must be a whole life term."
    Wright's defence team said they would be considering whether there were grounds for an appeal, but stressed this was routine in all criminal cases.
    Wright's five victims

Meanwhile, his half brother Keith has told Sky News he is standing by him, but is unable to comprehend what he has done.
    "Until he stands up or someone else admits it, you don't want to believe it," he said.
    "He's not a monster, he's my brother."
    Keith Wright said that he was unable to recognise the picture of the man built up as evidence emerged during his trial.
    "It is not the person who lived in my house and went to my wedding, who I used to have a beer with," he said.
    Detectives are now investigating whether Wright could be responsible for a string of other unsolved murders of women in nearby regions.

heat123 Guest

Child Remains Found in former children's home

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/eur...ey/7261223.stm

Police and sniffer dogs looking for more remains in former children's home. The building was used a few years ago has the Police HQ in BBC's Bergerac programme. The place is called Haut de la Garenne.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Thats an interesting story.
    They said the dog sniffed the body thru several inches of concrete, so I guess maybe it's buried in wall or floor or something.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Thats an interesting story.
    They said the dog sniffed the body thru several inches of concrete, so I guess maybe it's buried in wall or floor or something.
    Cadaver dogs, search and rescue, recovery dogs ALL amaze me. No wonder they are called "Man's Best Friend", as they can help solve these crimes some awful fool thought they could silence with concrete.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    this will be a very interesting story to follow, thanks for the post

heat123 Guest

Smile

They are looking into about 40 missing children over the past 30 years, I feel so sorry for the parents of the children having to go through all this.

Dogs.....the nose knows!

spoiledkitty Guest
    Poor things, I don't know how the children's home thing works now, but my mother had a horrible time when she was in one growing up.( she was part of what we will call an unsucessful adoption) Abuse was bad in that place. mom tells me stories sometimes and all that was here stateside I can only imagine over there. May justice be served and souls finally be at peace.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamma View Post
    Cadaver dogs, search and rescue, recovery dogs ALL amaze me. No wonder they are called "Man's Best Friend", as they can help solve these crimes some awful fool thought they could silence with concrete.
    They are amazing!
    I watched this show where they took a dog and put it into a sports stadium, with literally thousands of seats. The place was enormous. They had scented one certain seat. They let the dog smell a piece of fabric with the scent, then let him go. He went right to the seat after searching for a while. Oh and here's the kicker-it had rained and thereby diminished the scent of the target seat. I was knocked out.
    I was watching the show alone, rooting for the dog, "Go, Go, Go!".
    I was so damn proud when he found it you'd have thought it was MY dog, LoL.