Thread: Matthew Perry (Friends Actor) 1969 - 2023

Matthew Perry (Friends Actor) 1969 - 2023

TMZ is reporting Friends actor Matthew Perry has died at the age of 54.

According to law enforcement, they got a call for an apparent cardiac arrest and when they arrived at the property, he was in the jacuzzi and appears to have drowned.

Although he did have substance abuse problems, they say there was no sign of drugs or foul play.

I knew he had issues but this was a huge shock to read as I grew up on Friends. RIP Matthew

https://www.tmz.com/2023/10/28/frien...dies-drowning/

I know Matthew struggled with his demons for ages, but this still stuns me. I hope he has finally found peace. So damned sad. Rest in peace.

Rest In Peace

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Did he pull a "Whitney Houston"? I never watched Friends. Not one episode. But he was in the TV show The West Wing, which is my favorite TV show. He was also in a TV show called "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip" that I watched at the time. That was a pretty good show.

I just found out a little bit ago. He was my favorite on the show friends.

RIP Matthew. How tragic.

omg no....shocked

Very sad news .Chandler Bing was such a funny character in Friends .After their reunion , you were left with the impression he was still lonely and didn't quite feel like one of them .Gutted .R.I.P. Matthew ,I hope you've found peace at last .

I read that he said he went to a bunch of open houses that were for sale. Not because he would be interested in purchasing said house, but it gave him a chance to pilfer through bathroom cabinets looking for opiates to steal!

When I watched the Friends reunion, her did not look healthy at all. I felt like this news was coming back then - and I was not surprised to read about it this morning. They guy had so much talent, and I loved him on Friends. Also, that criminally underrated show - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - was excellent and I wish it would have kept going. He and Whitford worked so well together.

I feel like Perry wasn't happy at all in his life, despite the fame.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    When I watched the Friends reunion, her did not look healthy at all. I felt like this news was coming back then - and I was not surprised to read about it this morning. They guy had so much talent, and I loved him on Friends. Also, that criminally underrated show - Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - was excellent and I wish it would have kept going. He and Whitford worked so well together.

I feel like Perry wasn't happy at all in his life, despite the fame.
    Yes I agree .That pic of him in his jacuzzi - he looks so lonely sat there in the corner .I wonder if the other "Friends" saw more of him after that reunion , as it was obvious when he cried he wasn't happy .

Matthew Perry Autopsy, Initial Tests Negative for Fentanyl and Meth (tmz.com)

Matthew Perry's Home Where He Drowned, No Illicit Drugs But Prescriptions Found (tmz.com)

Our law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... authorities found anti-depressants, anti-anxiety drugs and a COPD drug in the house. COPD is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease -- that drug is often used for people who have emphysema or chronic bronchitis. Matthew was a smoker during his life.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 11-05-2023 at 03:15 PM. Reason: combining the two posts.

Tazzboy please combine these posts into one.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by tazzboy View Post
    Matthew Perry's Home Where He Drowned, No Illicit Drugs But Prescriptions Found (tmz.com)

Our law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... authorities found anti-depressants, anti-anxiety drugs and a COPD drug in the house. COPD is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease -- that drug is often used for people who have emphysema or chronic bronchitis. Matthew was a smoker during his life.
    If he had COPD, even a mild form, he really shouldn't have been anywhere near a jacuzzi. Doctors say if you have any issues with your lung, going in a jacuzzi/hot tub can exasperate and make your symptoms worse and don't recommend it. I'm also surprised he played Pickleball as you are told not to do any strenous exercise that can make you breathless.

Some photos are appearing online showing his fellow cast members et al at the burial. Too bad no one put up a huge tent (sometimes referred to as an "Event Tent") to stop this final invasion of privacy. All I can think of are the photos of Jayne's burial, with the camera(s) a few feet away from the casket and the grieving family and friends.

Keith Morrison of Dateline NBC was his stepfather since Perry was 13 years old and had said in previous interview (when asked about being Perry's stepfather) what a great person he was. There was also video of Morrison going to comfort Perry's bio father who truly broke down at the scene of his death. I keep reading speculation about his probable overdose and am truly hoping that it will be found out that he was clean and his death was likely due to a combination of a hot tub and blood pressure meds. R.I.P. Matthew Perry. I never saw friends but coming from a family that had a lot of addiction, I truly feel for him and his friends/family.

Someone on Youtube posted a video claiming to show Perry's burial place, but it's in a vault. A ground-level vault in some outdoor courtyard. I recall seeing photos of his costars being photographed at what was an in-ground burial. Anyone have any idea if it was indeed an in-ground burial? The vault in question had remains of various flora on the ground (i.e., whatever fell off of funeral wreathes and floral displays). So someone was just buried there, but of course that's no guarantee that it was Matthew.

I bet you saw the "Scott on Tape" Youtube video? I watched it last night. He is in the wall vault, but its not for sure if he's on the bottom or the middle one. There is a debate going on that. We'll have to wait and see which one his nameplate goes on!

I bet you saw the "Scott on Tape" Youtube video? I watched it last night. He is in the wall vault, but its not for sure if he's on the bottom or the middle one. There is a debate going on that. We'll have to wait and see which one his nameplate goes on!

That was the video I saw, he was at Gilbert Gottfried's grave recently. There's a very busy railway line right near Gilbert's grave - Rest in Peace my ass!
    So the photos I saw (taken at a great distance showing God only knows who) depicting an in-ground burial of Matthew were just clickbait. Oh well.

As I'm writing this, I just looked and found an autographed photo of Matthew! The envelope it was in is dated 2/5/97. I looked online; he (or someone else) must've bulk-signed a pile of this particular photo, because the signatures online are identical to the one I have. I'll post the photo soon. How creepy that I just remembered this!

Edit: photo added
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matthew Perry autograph.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	55582

I saw a story about one of his exes saying she thinks the whole story isn't being told and he relapsed, citing his last few posts as proof of it, claiming he only used the Mattman nickname when he was high and it was when he got loaded, he liked being in the water. She also claims the reason no drugs were found was he never left them lying about, making sure to keep them hidden.

I do think she is doing this for her 15 minutes as she claimed to know him even though they only dated for a month or so back in 2006 but the fact that we are having to wait on toxicology reports does make you wonder. Apart from drugs, is there anything that would only show up on the tox reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellie View Post
    I saw a story about one of his exes saying she thinks the whole story isn't being told and he relapsed, citing his last few posts as proof of it, claiming he only used the Mattman nickname when he was high and it was when he got loaded, he liked being in the water. She also claims the reason no drugs were found was he never left them lying about, making sure to keep them hidden.

I do think she is doing this for her 15 minutes as she claimed to know him even though they only dated for a month or so back in 2006 but the fact that we are having to wait on toxicology reports does make you wonder. Apart from drugs, is there anything that would only show up on the tox reports?
    It's hard to say but I think you are right she just wants her 15 minutes of fame.. the toxicology report would be able to tell if there was any drugs or alcohol in his system.. they may never know where causes his death.

She is being slammed by a lot of people who have no recollection of her. Sorry to say she looks like she knows a thing or two about drug use. Pretty hard looking for 40. https://nypost.com/2023/11/13/entert...sible-relapse/
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Both Matt LeBlanc and Courteney Cox posted remembrances on their respective Instagram pages. Courteney included the London bed scene - and another take of said scene.

I figured those two would be hit a bit harder since Chandler was Joey's roommate and was later married to Monica.

Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

How sad .So it was drugs after all .He says he was born a ready made addict - just add water , and was addicted to alcohol by 14 .What a sad life despite all his fame and fortune .

so he basically took ketamine, got in the water, slipped into another dimension and drowned. yikes!

it was interesting that he was doing ketamine infusions for his mental health, there is good research being done on that and other psychedelics therapy. i microdose psyilocybin (magic mushrooms) for depression. he didn't die from his infusion of course, he had decided to 'dose' himself i guess and got lost in a k-hole.

damn was hoping it wasn't due to drugs

Looks like his alleged ex is extending her 15 Minutes into 15 Minutes Plus Overtime. Not a surprise. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-inquiry.html