Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    *shrug*
    so have fun voting for whatever penis you think the terrorists will approve of
    Thanks, & you have fun being close minded & unwilling to consider an opinion other than your own.

Mamma Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by savetheknot View Post
    Ya know...this is bad for 2 reasons:

1) Fake as a $3 bill
    2) That little bit of "weakness" only stengthens the mindset of any individual who thinks that a woman will lead with emotion more that intelligence. I know we've all heard the comedians and all talk about how a woman would attack a country b/c of a "bad hair day". I know that particular instance is far-fetched, but I believe this...shenanigan plays right in to that basic theory.

DISCLAIMER: I do not feel this way...please don't attack me....please?
    I'm with you Save, not attacking anyone in the slightest. The teary eyed Clinton was not her best move. From the polls that we've done in the newsroom, it only reinforces the notion that women are too weak to be president, too weak to be in power, for they will crumble in an event when we need a leader most.

I am most certain Hillary did not think of this beforehand, let alone anyone else. Mostly, these are afterthoughts now that she's teared up in front of the world, and there's no taking it back. Done deal ...So whaddya do? You keep pressing forward like she's doing now. That's all she can do.

Hag1 Guest
    I don't feel one way or another about Hillary, but those tears were to blatantly fake it was almost funny. Some PR stunt my guess since some poll somewhere says she is cold.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I think this board is a reflection of our country right now. There are more anti-bush americans than pro-bush.
    I am the most anti-Bush person I know. My husband on the other hand voted for the dipshit.

Hag1 Guest
    I am the most anti-Bush person I know. My husband on the other hand voted for the dipshit._________________
    And you are still married to him??

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hag1 View Post
    And you are still married to him??
    Yeah, LOL. We just don't discuss that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    I am the most anti-Bush person I know. My husband on the other hand voted for the dipshit.
    haaaaaaa
    my boyfriend is republican too. guess l'm not that closed-minded
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think this board is a reflection of our country right now. There are more anti-bush americans than pro-bush.
    I think this is a huge problem with our upcoming election. Some people are so anti-bush that they will go for whomever is the "most anti-bush", even though they may not be the best candidate.

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    I've met Hillary, frankly I liked Bill better. If she gets elected we're thinking about moving to Canada.
    I've heard Bill is the most incredibly charismatic, magnetic, incandescant celebrity ever to light up a room. Is that true?

More Cheese Please Guest
    I've got a 5 Watt "Easy Bake" Oven that gives me more warmth

Noelle Page Guest
    I'm serious, no politics, I've heard he just has a very powerful vibe in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    I've heard Bill is the most incredibly charismatic, magnetic, incandescant celebrity ever to light up a room. Is that true?
    My husband met him and shook his hand years ago so I went to source for the answer to this one...

He said "Yes".

Noelle Page Guest
    See, now, I heard the same thing from someone who shook his hand---and can't stand him!

I love when someone who can't stand someone can still be impartial about something like that.

Harrietd Guest
    Ok, I'm not bashing anybody here, but you Americans are a scream when you work yourselves up into a political frenzy. I don't envy your position, though, on having to choose someone to lead the country into a better future. Oh, and by the way, there are a few strong countries that have women leaders. And just recently, the french Prime Minister was told in no uncertain terms to leave his mistress at home when he visited Islamic countries.

Noelle Page Guest
    I take that back.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 02-10-2008 at 09:19 AM. Reason: that came out wrong, sorry!

Harrietd Guest
    and that Germany has a female leader. I'm a canadian, by the way, and spent 3 years living in the states. We were told by cultural training experts (more for my German husband's benifit) that politics is not subject to be discussed

As long as the discussions are held in a civil manner, wee gots no probluhms.

Noelle Page Guest
    Merkel seems like a strong leader, is she popular at home?

btw its reported Sarkozy has married Carla Bruni but its not confrimed....how can a president marry without an announcement? Seems odd. Anyway they make a nice couple.

Back to Hillary, despite all the bickering with Obama they may well team up in the end....and I still think she'll win.
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 01-15-2008 at 12:30 PM.

Danny62 Guest

Poor Hillary

A Paragraph on a story of what Happened when Hillary was in Church on Sunday in Kentucky:

She attended worship services at a Methodist church in Bowling Green, and happily sang hymns and joined in Bible readings. But her smile faded when the pastor launched into a sermon about adultery, asking his congregants whether the devil had ever whispered over their shoulders in their marriages.

I assume the pastor had no Idea of Bills past. LOL

djdeath-hag Guest
    Where was this pastor for the last decade????

FannyB1923 Guest
    Guess it wasn't her day!

File this under "AND THEY RULE THE WORLD!"
    Hillary goes into a gas station and tries to get her own cofffee. The "what is this thing"? comment made me laff. Guess Bill gets up and starts the percolator!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...05789#24405789

(it's MSNBC's video and there's a mini-commericial at the beginning)

tommyjox Guest
    Maybe the devil was wispering to her during the sermon....

Cettie Guest
    Bill has always had his girlfriends and so has she.

WendyK Guest
    Ohh... That's Funny!

**Jenna** Guest
    Poor Hillary

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan7962 View Post
    A Paragraph on a story of what Happened when Hillary was in Church on Sunday in Kentucky:

She attended worship services at a Methodist church in Bowling Green, and happily sang hymns and joined in Bible readings. But her smile faded when the pastor launched into a sermon about adultery, asking his congregants whether the devil had ever whispered over their shoulders in their marriages.

I assume the pastor had no Idea of Bills past. LOL
    Preachers aren't supposed to give sermons that don't hurt our feelings. They preach what we need to hear.

RocketQueen Guest
    Where was Bill during this sermon? Seems HE'S the one that needs to hear it. Maybe he was in the restroom playing hide and seek with a cigar?

RoRo Guest
    I'm sure the preacher knew exactly what he was doing.....that' the way southern churches work in my experience...if someone in the congregation has went through something the preacher will give a sermon on it...my dad did it all the time

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Preachers aren't supposed to give sermons that don't hurt our feelings. They preach what we need to hear.
    I agree with your first sentence RaRa, but the second I'd alter to say "they preach what THEY FEEL we need to hear." The Bible is as open to MISinterpretation by any given "man of the cloth" as it is to appropriate interpretation by any given man or woman on the street.

Any given sermon is colored by the person giving that sermon's thoughts, beliefs and attitudes about the Bible, and about our place in God's world.

Personally, I take my marching orders from the good book itself, subject to MY interpretation (I'm a smart enough guy, and well-schooled enough to read the Bible and come to my own conclusions). I don't require or desire filtering of those words through someone else (though perhaps the Bible HAS been filtered through centuries of interpretation and re-interpretation, but that's another argument entirely).

Organized religion is great as far as it goes, as long as the people involved realize that their beliefs and interpretations of the Bible are just that--THEIRS. They're not necessarily mine or yours--so they need to not push those beliefs on me, simply because they spin the words of the good book differently than do I.

I guess that's why I just don't really embrace organized religion, due mainly to the fact that I don't really think any man is a conduit to God, or to the true interpretation of God's will. That highway, that path, is in our own hearts, and nowhere else. Anyone can go to seminary (or rabbinical school, etc.) and profess to be that voice--but history has shown us, over and over, time and again, that these guys (and where are the gals, huh? there's another issue I can't resolve in my heart, why so few, if any, women in the clergy?) are not perfect--nor, God knows, do many of them practice what they preach. I'll follow my own heart in matters relating to God and my place in the grand scheme, and leave the proselytizing, preaching and thumping of the pulpit to those who feel they need it.

You're going to break your a/c jack again.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I agree with your first sentence RaRa, but the second I'd alter to say "they preach what THEY FEEL we need to hear." The Bible is as open to MISinterpretation by any given "man of the cloth" as it is to appropriate interpretation by any given man or woman on the street.

Any given sermon is colored by the person giving that sermon's thoughts, beliefs and attitudes about the Bible, and about our place in God's world.

Personally, I take my marching orders from the good book itself, subject to MY interpretation (I'm a smart enough guy, and well-schooled enough to read the Bible and come to my own conclusions). I don't require or desire filtering of those words through someone else (though perhaps the Bible HAS been filtered through centuries of interpretation and re-interpretation, but that's another argument entirely).

Organized religion is great as far as it goes, as long as the people involved realize that their beliefs and interpretations of the Bible are just that--THEIRS. They're not necessarily mine or yours--so they need to not push those beliefs on me, simply because they spin the words of the good book differently than do I.

I guess that's why I just don't really embrace organized religion, due mainly to the fact that I don't really think any man is a conduit to God, or to the true interpretation of God's will. That highway, that path, is in our own hearts, and nowhere else. Anyone can go to seminary (or rabbinical school, etc.) and profess to be that voice--but history has shown us, over and over, time and again, that these guys (and where are the gals, huh? there's another issue I can't resolve in my heart, why so few, if any, women in the clergy?) are not perfect--nor, God knows, do many of them practice what they preach. I'll follow my own heart in matters relating to God and my place in the grand scheme, and leave the proselytizing, preaching and thumping of the pulpit to those who feel they need it.
    The other day I was channeling surfing, and I ran across that EWTN station. Some priest was giving a talk there, so I watched for a few.
    In less than 5 minutes, he managed to seriously PMO.
    He was talking about meeting people who are gay. He said when he meets someone who is, he says to them "You are just like me". When they question what he means, he tells them, "Because of what you are, you are called to celibacy, just like me, and thats what you need to do"
    He went from that to womens rights, and said he believes women should have equal rights, equal pay, etc. Just not at home.
    It was a short refresher course in why I don't participate in organised religion in any way.

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I don't need to hear anything, especially over and over again.

xenaswolf Guest
    I figure if I needed to hear something, the Creator, would just say it to me.

Hillary hoping for assassination ???

Hillary Clinton references RFK assassination in 1968 as a reason for staying in the race.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05232008/news/nationalnews/why_hill_wont_drop_out__bobby_kennedy_wa_112232.htm

FannyB1923 Guest
    I watched the 1968 convention on our glorious black and white TV. The convention started with the apparent candidate having been murdered. Also lost Dr. King a couple months before RFK. They took a bunch of votes, and nominated Hubert Humphrey- who hadn't won a single vote in the primary. There was rioting in the streets over it. God, it was an awful time. And Nixon won.

Hillary has since apologized for her tactless and heartless remark. Obama should strike her off the list right now. No fan of hers. She's the most ambitious woman since Lady Macbeth (and she was pretend!)
    Last edited by FannyB1923; 05-23-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typo

Chevyheaven Guest
    That was taken wrongly I must admit She meant to imply that shes not giving up.
    She looks so nice in that little suit!

This story is lame. She isnt hoping for a assassination. If Obama gets elected though, I say the odds are some attempts will be made. He hasnt even got the nomination yet and the secret service is guarding him already. Im sure some KKK bastard's out there are already planning it. Racist fucks

**Jenna** Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    That was taken wrongly I must admit She meant to imply that shes not giving up.
    She looks so nice in that little suit!
    I like Hillary,I don't want her to give up!

NOVSTORM Guest
    well it may just be that she can see into the future. There is a very big chance that some racist is going to try to kill him. There are a lot of folks out there that still wear sheets and pillow cases that are veyr unhappy that he may be elected.

But i heard what she said and it was certainly wasn't what she meant or hopes for. I don't think Hillary would wish for something like this to happen. I think the whole thing was taken out of context.

NOVSTORM Guest
    This story is lame. She isnt hoping for a assassination. If Obama gets elected though, I say the odds are some attempts will be made. He hasnt even got the nomination yet and the secret service is guarding him already. Im sure some KKK bastard's out there are already planning it. Racist fucks

I saw the KKK in action more than once when I was a kid. The naacp purchased a home right down the street from us and had a white fellow pretned he was buying it for himself and family. Then one bright sunny saturday the van pulled up and a new family moved in the only problem was they were black. That veneing when my folks and I came home it was to the bright light of the corss burning on the lawn of their home and
    it looked like a white sale a macys after easter. All those grown men parading around in sheets and pillow cases. It was scary but they still exist sadly.

Chevyheaven Guest

Yes I agree 100 percent. I believe he will be taken out before he gets to office. If he wins of course. Thats a sad state of affairs I tell you what.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I saw the KKK in action more than once when I was a kid. The naacp purchased a home right down the street from us and had a white fellow pretned he was buying it for himself and family. Then one bright sunny saturday the van pulled up and a new family moved in the only problem was they were black. That veneing when my folks and I came home it was to the bright light of the corss burning on the lawn of their home and
    it looked like a white sale a macys after easter. All those grown men parading around in sheets and pillow cases. It was scary but they still exist sadly.
    Now that is an ignorant bunch of fucks. Send these guys with all this rage and anger and ignorance over to Iraq where they can at least serve a purpose.

FannyB1923 Guest
    You know what sucks?

My Dad was a bigot. He was polite and courteous to everyone but he sincerely believed than he was better than every other race in the world because he was white.

And darn it! After he passed I found out I'm part-black on my maternal grandfather's side. How I would have loved to see the smoke shoot out the top of his head! His brain would have short circuited.

I think the clinton is done by Monday. Stick a fork in her.

Been great for the party, these two slugging it out. They must be so proud of themselves.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Guest Guest
    I think Hillary is in complete denial of the imminent win by Obama. I am too actually. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Yes I agree 100 percent. I believe he will be taken out before he gets to office. If he wins of course. Thats a sad state of affairs I tell you what.
    My thoughts exactly, unfortunately.

Everyone who has responded to this thread should rent The Manchurian Candidate.
    Any day above ground is a good day.