Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick James

ComputerGuy Guest

Rick James

Though this was funny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rick-james-bitch.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	25  

Funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

firegilnotguns Guest
    Ha, I'd seen that before but it's been awhile, still cracks me up!

I never understood how he could die of natural causes at like 50 something. I thought natural causes had to do with old age but I'm not a doctor so what do I know.

Is that what the death certificate states? I thought he just did too much blow.

JeffD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffsboys4 View Post
    I never understood how he could die of natural causes at like 50 something. I thought natural causes had to do with old age but I'm not a doctor so what do I know.
    Black men tend to die young. 54 is average.

candleinthewind Guest
    There were low levels of several drugs including cocaine in his system. Rick James lived hard and no one's body can sustain that forever. Eventually his heart gave out.

firegilnotguns Guest
    Yeah "natural causes" from previous years of drug abuse...

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    Black men tend to die young. 54 is average.

HUH? Rick James was the poster child for I tried this that and the other, gimme some more. He died of natural causes. Everything he he used was from nature and was naturally the wrong thing to do. (But I love him.)

Death Wax Guest

Hangin' with Rick

My friend ghoulgurl and I visited Rick about 2 weeks ago hoping to get a pic for FAD. Unfortunately we weren't the only ones hangin' with the king of punk-funk, but we were the only ones who forgot to bring lawn chairs and some bottles of malt likkah. Needless to say no pikky-pikky this time . We're gonna try again, only early in dah mornin' while Rick's other friends are sleeping off the Colt 45.

Irishlass Guest
    I think when you hear natural causes it usually means heart aliments and such
    Young people can die of natural causes as well as older folks.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Death Wax View Post
    My friend ghoulgurl and I visited Rick about 2 weeks ago hoping to get a pic for FAD. Unfortunately we weren't the only ones hangin' with the king of punk-funk, but we were the only ones who forgot to bring lawn chairs and some bottles of malt likkah. Needless to say no pikky-pikky this time . We're gonna try again, only early in dah mornin' while Rick's other friends are sleeping off the Colt 45.

i heard that there was a woman at his funeral who tried to "dry hump" him or something...i never really liked him, but he seemed like he was the party. i also heard that his funeral was interrupted by some rough characters, drinking and smoking. be careful when u go out there, there are some "super freaks" out there!

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackdemon3 View Post
    i heard that there was a woman at his funeral who tried to "dry hump" him or something...i never really liked him, but he seemed like he was the party. i also heard that his funeral was interrupted by some rough characters, drinking and smoking. be careful when u go out there, there are some "super freaks" out there!
    I can't vouch for the stories because I didn't hear them but Bflo is a little on the podunk side so it wouldn't surprise me. Like my bud Death Wax said, we'll go really early, well before the Rick James Memorial Lounge opens. I was paranoid that the "bar patrons" would think we were doing something untoward and get nutty on us.

magblax Guest
    I thought he had suffered a stroke or something like that perviously. He was in really bad health from years of abusing drugs. Hey, he was a 70s icon they all snorted coke didn't they?

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    There were low levels of several drugs including cocaine in his system. Rick James lived hard and no one's body can sustain that forever. Eventually his heart gave out.
    unless you're Keith Richards

Armcast Guest
    I really wasn't surprised when he died. I just didn't think it was going to be due to natural causes. I loved "Mary Jane" though...(the song, that is)

lois steeme Guest
    Will anyone kill me if I admit to liking the song "Super Freak?"

Rick James (James Johnson,Jr.)
    b: Feb. 1, 1948
    Buffalo,New York
    d: Aug. 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, California

Singer, Composer, Musician. Grammy Award-winning R&B and Funk entertainer who attained international stardom in the early 1980s with his hit song "Super Freak." His other hits include "You and I," "Bustin' Out," "Ebony Eyes," "Mary Jane," "Fire and Desire" (with Teena Marie), and "Give It to Me Baby."
    Cause of death: Heart attack

Burial:Forest Lawn Cemetery
    Buffalo, NY
    Last edited by Serendipity09; 07-23-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Chunga Guest

Cathy J. Guest
    I was in Toronto when they had his funeral in Buffalo. Buffalo TV is available on cable there and I remember when one of the local Buffalo channels actually broadcast at least some of his funeral LIVE on TV.

James may have been a hometown guy but I still thought that was a bit odd for a local TV station to do such a thing.

My sis got the pleasure of being an assistant director at his funeral. She said a lot of the celeb attendees were in bathroom doing drugs while it was going on. Guess they just don't learn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

dovescry1999 Guest
    You know...
    Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lois steeme View Post
    love that too!

I hope not because I like it too!!!!!!

JestersKiss Guest

JestersKiss Guest

unihikid Guest
    just a side note,rick james joined motown as a writter in the late 60s,his uncle was the bass singer melvin franklin of the temptations,and is heard alot of ricks songs,along with the temptations.rick was also in a rock group before going solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
    I think when you hear natural causes it usually means heart aliments and such
    Young people can die of natural causes as well as older folks.
    Yes, I don't think natural causes has anything to do with age...I think it means not murder or suicide?

ceege Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    Me too, me too.

She's the kind of girl you don't take home to mutha.
    She's a super freak, super freak.

coleysabusybabe Guest
    I still want to get up and shake my big booty when I hear "Super Freak"...ain't nothin' freakier than a six month pregnant woman who gets up and shakes her ass when she hears "She's a very kinky girrrrrllllll....." HEHE....

"Threes not a crowd to her, she says......" LOL. LOVE IT!

Guest Guest
    I have a funny story...... my dad is a HUGE Rick James fan....... when I was in high school we would have to listen to it everyday in the car.

One day it was really working on my nerves (I love Rick James, just not first thing in the morning) and my dad was singing..."she was only 17,17....."
    I finally couldn't take it and yelled at him "I'm 17!!!!"

he then ejected the cd and threw it out the window.... no more Rick in the mornings
    lol

HARLOWNUMBER1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by unihikid View Post
    rick was also in a rock group before going solo.

........with Neil Young at that!

He was also Prince's hero. He stole the idea of Vanity 6 from Rick's Mary Jane Girls. "In My House" ROCKS!

There's a book called "Scary Monsters and Super Freaks - Stories of Sex, Drugs, Rock 'N' Roll and Murder" by Mike Sager that I recommend. Its got a good chapter on Rick James. Stuff I don't remember seeing anywhere else.

Guest Guest
    Was listening to Rick today...... give it to me baby....classic

"Do you love me Mary Jane...don't you play no games..."

Jaenne Guest
    Hey Linda Blair claims he wrote the song about her. They were dating when he wrote it and she was very much in love with him. If you thought the Exorcist and that prison movie where she is raped with a broom handle made her a little freaky, she has Rick James to ordain her as a Super Freak!

Forever-27 Guest
    I never was really into the whole soul / R & B deal. But I remember Mtv news every friggin day reporting on Rick and his gf's wild legal problems. Its been years ... this was the late 80s or early 90s sometime , but I guess they tied some woman up for sex , abused her and crushed out cigarettes on her. I remember them both being in court alot over this. However I never learned how it finally panned out. If I did, I forgot

silverwaif77 Guest
    cocaine is a helluva drug!

42. 03-31-2010, 05:08 PM

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    There's a book called "Scary Monsters and Super Freaks - Stories of Sex, Drugs, Rock 'N' Roll and Murder" by Mike Sager that I recommend. Its got a good chapter on Rick James. Stuff I don't remember seeing anywhere else.

Yeah, that's an awesome book, with other death hag treats like chapters on John Holmes, Savannah, and that comets and aliens cult I can't recall the name of right now.

Fancynancy Guest

"Ebony Eyes" and "Give it to Me Baby" for me!

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    Me too, me too.

She's the kind of girl you don't take home to mutha.
    She's a super freak, super freak.

Yeah, cause she'd say something ghetto like "You got some cheetos up in this bitch?"

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancynancy View Post
    Yeah, cause she'd say something ghetto like "You got some cheetos up in this bitch?"

OK, please enlighten this Native American Montanan. The eff does THAT mean??

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    Srsly, what does this thing about cheetos mean??

cheetos? say whut?

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    cheetos? say whut?

Okay--cheetos is interchangeable with anything--potato chips, soda pop--no particular thing on the cheetos, I just picked it. "Up in this bitch" can mean a house, a store, and in the case where I got this lingo, the county jail where I work.

Forever-27 Guest
    LOL just hit me, listening to the radio today ... Eddie Murphys lame attempt to be a singer included a song called Party all the Time. This is like retro 1984 or sometime back there. He played on the song as well as sang on it. I never put that together. I should have know this !

aside from his nasty cocaine problems he was a talented person. Learning to play one instrument is hard enough but he knew guitar, keyboards, bass and was also an music mixing engenier. His partying fucked up a good thing.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 01-30-2011 at 10:37 AM.