Thread: Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022

Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022

CNN has announced that the queen has passed.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

She looked very frail in the last few photos I have seen. RIP.

Well, let's see how Harry and Me-Gain make this all about THEM once again.
    Thanks be to God she passed away before Harry published his scratch-and-sniff dirty tell-all about how horrible everyone's been to himself and his wife.
    I predict that within the next few months, Harry will be saying "I wanted to visit her (in September) but The Palace prevented me from seeing her one last time."
    Or some diatribe to that effect.

The last event ....

A candidate for "final" photo from the above event....

It's hard to take in that she shook hands with the new Prime Minister Liz Truss on Tuesday , and this afternoon (Thursday ) she passed away .If you look at the last photo with Liz Truss , her hand was blue .It looks like she was going into heart failure then .That's how my Great Aunt's hands went before she passed away of heart failure .She lost a dramatic amount of weight over the last few months and was being closely monitored by her Physician .
    I can't forgive Boris for making her sit alone after the death of Phillip - since he was mixing with his staff for drinkies after work .She must have missed him terribly ,then Andrew and Harry hammered the Monarchy with selfish stupidity .RIP Ma'am ,I hope you are at peace now .

congestive heart failure will be the cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    CNN has announced that the queen has passed.
    I moved this thread here as she was a notable figure, not a behind the scenes topic.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A life well lived, she devoted her entire life to service and the Commonwealth. A most remarkable woman, who we will never see the likes of again. Godspeed Your Majesty.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    A life well lived, she devoted her entire life to service and the Commonwealth. A most remarkable woman, who we will never see the likes of again. Godspeed Your Majesty.
    I know she was old and sick, but it was still a shock. So Prince Charles will ascend to the throne as King Charles III with his Queen Consort Camilla--I gather. And William and Kate will be the Prince and Princess of Wales. I never really believed I'd live to see the day. May they all live long and well.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I told my husband this morning I said I have a feeling we'll be hearing about Queen Elizabeth's death anytime now. I hadn't read that she had been ill, I just had a feeling, sure enough...may she rest well. It will be interesting to see how Charles handles things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Well, let's see how Harry and Me-Gain make this all about THEM once again.
    Thanks be to God she passed away before Harry published his scratch-and-sniff dirty tell-all about how horrible everyone's been to himself and his wife.
    I predict that within the next few months, Harry will be saying "I wanted to visit her (in September) but The Palace prevented me from seeing her one last time."
    Or some diatribe to that effect.
    He could have visited her the other day when they were here to do the speech but chose not to. She was probably too annoyed as the speech didn't seem to go down well with critics and it's no surprise that as usual, they then unleashed their attack dog with some complaint about the pics of William & Kate at the school with the three kids, saying blah blah trying to take the shine off of Meghan blah blah which is funny as this is a long standing agreement with the press that goes back to even when Harry & William were children. It is kinda hypocritical as there seems to be no issue with the fact that Harry & Meghan are reportedly trying to shop around another Oprah style interview as well as the podcast and Netflix show they are gonna do. What will be interesting is if we will now find out about the rumours that William & Charles wanted to fight back over all the attacks but were stopped by the Queen were true.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I know she was old and sick, but it was still a shock. So Prince Charles will ascend to the throne as King Charles III with his Queen Consort Camilla--I gather. And William and Kate will be the Prince and Princess of Wales. I never really believed I'd live to see the day. May they all live long and well.
    Many said her days would be numbered after Phillip died as he was her rock and unfortunately it has turned out to be true. It wasn't a surprise but it was at the same time. To begin with, the story was she wasn't well. They then started contradicting themselves over what was going on with them claiming at one time she fell. That along with the fact that all the news presenters suddenly started wearing black and became very careful about what they said around 2pm made it obvious she was already gone but it took to just after 6pm for it to be officially announced.

Like you, I thought William would inherit the PoW title but it seems it is something that has to be bestowed rather than automatically inherited and odds are he will give it to William but for the moment, he and Kate will be known as the Duke & Duchess of Cornwall & Cambridge. As for Harry, because he is now further up the line, his kids can now be called Prince/Princess and can use the HRH title
    Last edited by Shellie; 09-08-2022 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added more info

It was a shock. As part of the Commonwealth it is all I've ever known, her face on our currency and portraits that are hung everywhere. Charles has big shoes to fill. I think he will be fine, but it won't be the same. Now I have to go to the bank and get a $20 bill for a keepsake!
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Sad to hear about her death, I so remember waving to her back
    in 1973 when she and Prince Philip drove by on there way to
    cut the ribbon in the new city hall here in London Canada.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

A 70 year reign will be hard to beat should the British monarchy survive. I think Elizabeth was most beautiful in her younger years. She lead an exemplary life until she had an affair with Francis the Talking Mule which led to the birth of one child Charles.

For 70 years the Queen has traveled to London to give her permission for incoming PM's to form a new government. When Johnson and Truss had to fly to Balmoral for her to accept his resignation and authorize Truss as the new PM that was the sign the end was near.

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    For 70 years the Queen has traveled to London to give her permission for incoming PM's to form a new government. When Johnson and Truss had to fly to Balmoral for her to accept his resignation and authorize Truss as the new PM that was the sign the end was near.
    Looking back, it had been coming for a while. Even before that, Charles was having to do a lot of the things she normally did. You knew she was getting on but I think the picture of her with Truss where she looked so frail surprised many. It was clear it was going to happen sooner rather than later but it was still a shock, that it happened as soon as it did.

Has anyone heard what she was dressed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Marxette View Post
    Has anyone heard what she was dressed in?
    I read a headline about what jewels she would be buried in, but not dress. I didn't read it, though.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read a headline about what jewels she would be buried in, but not dress. I didn't read it, though.
    From what I have seen, most think it will just be her wedding ring and a pair of pearl earrings. She seemingly had over 300 pieces but hardly wore them. The story is they will go to Charles and Camilla who will do with them as they seem fit but Anne is seemingly getting her engagement ring.

I don't think anyone has an idea yet what she will be buried in. The best guess at the minute is that it's not going to be anything too extravagant because she was quite modest away from all the ceremony.

QE2 will likely be laid to rest in the basement of the St George chapel with her parents and husband. If this happens her coffin will sink through the floor at the end of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    QE2 will likely be laid to rest in the basement of the St George chapel with her parents and husband. If this happens her coffin will sink through the floor at the end of the service.
    Yeah, that's where she is going. During the private ceremony Phillip will be moved from the royal vault where he has been since his funeral and will be placed beside her. They seeming had a pact that whoever went first would be put in the vault until the other died then they could be buried together.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Yeah, that's where she is going. During the private ceremony Phillip will be moved from the royal vault where he has been since his funeral and will be placed beside her. They seeming had a pact that whoever went first would be put in the vault until the other died then they could be buried together.
    My brother and I did that with our parents ashes. My dad passed in 2018 and my mum in 2020, it seemed fitting that they should go to the cemetery together. They too had been together for 74 years.

My brother and I did that with our parents ashes. My dad passed in 2018 and my mum in 2020, it seemed fitting that they should go to the cemetery together. They too had been together for 74 years.
    I wish that had happened with my mother's parents. My grandad died in 2011 and when my nan died in 2018, the original plan was for her ashes to be released at the same place but for some reason, that didn't happen and now I have them. I have tried a few times to persuade them but my mother and aunt are adamant she is to stay where she is so that's that.

Back to the Queen. Her funeral was...I don't wan't to say lovely but they all did her proud. I personally think Charlotte & George were too young to be there but they acted older than their years especially when Charlotte reminded George to bow.

I didn't think it would upset me but as soon as I saw Charlotte get upset, that set me off which surprised me as while I'm not anti Royal, I'm not a huge fan either. Saying that, I did the same at Diana's funeral. I was fine until I saw the boys then the heavens opened.

I watched the BBC coverage of it and I must say they did it beautifully. There was one drawback when Maureen Lipman claimed she had a premonition that the Queen would die. All on live TV. Did she?, or was she making it about herself. I've been reading comments since she made that statement and most say she is a drama queen and full of it.

I watched the BBC coverage of it and I must say they did it beautifully. There was one drawback when Maureen Lipman claimed she had a premonition that the Queen would die. All on live TV. Did she?, or was she making it about herself. I've been reading comments since she made that statement and most say she is a drama queen and full of it.
    She is one of those people who is more or less known thanks to some sitcoms in the 80s and a few TV adverts. Because she is older now, she thinks it gives her a right to say what she wants which of course she can, but then she plays the victim if anyone calls her out on it. She hadn't really been heard of for years until she got the role on Coronation Street and she has done nothing but moan about it since...it's hard work, she doesn't like a lot of the storylines...the cast are cliquey etc. Most people just ignore her here. It's the same when she was on Celebrity Gogglebox. It's been on for years so she knew the score then complained because she had to sit watching TV and talking about it which is literally the whole point of the show. Just a few months ago she was called out for moaning about Helen Mirren playing Golda Meir and in a few months she will have something else to moan about.

As for her having a premonition...my flabby Irish arse as my nana would say. Anyone with eyes knew the Queen was going downhill. Did we know it would happen so quickly...no, but it was clear it was only a matter of time. If she had said anything before hand then fair enough but saying it now lumps her in with all the others trying to get attention by claiming they knew.

Hmm, she is one of those is she. Actually the commentator looked a bit miffed after she said it, and looked as if she wasn't buying it. Maureen obviously didn't notice she just went on and on. Lol.

The slab has been updated with Elizabeth and Philip's info. Margaret chose to be cremated so she could fit in the vault as well. The black stone leaning against the wall in the upper left is Margaret's memorial stone.

I'm glad you included Margaret, the majority of news on this never mentioned her at all.

I'm glad you included Margaret, the majority of news on this never mentioned her at all.
    She was mentioned a lot on the tribute programmes but as you say, not so much on the news which was a surprise. Saying that, Phillip never really got much of a mention either apart from a few quick asides.

The coverage on the funeral said she would be laid to rest with her parents,husband and sister. When news stories showed the stone later few mentioned that Margaret was there too.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1d5cb4966490054d58096af005b30dc9.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	55454

So very well said.(thank you)

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So very well said.(thank you)
    Thanks london. Charles and Company have big shoes to fill. I hope he does her proud, we will see. What with Liz Truss resigning, the UK needs to get it together! Lol.

Thanks london. Charles and Company have big shoes to fill. I hope he does her proud, we will see. What with Liz Truss resigning, the UK needs to get it together! Lol.
    Amen to that especially with the rumours going round about Johnson wanting back in. It was clear from the start that she should never have gotten a look in as Rishi Sunak was far more qualified but as much as they try to deny it, it's obvious the majority of the Tory's are racist bigots who would rather a incompetent woman was put in charge rather than a POC who actually knew what he was doing. This is what worries me about Johnson wanting back in because people who called him out previously now say he is competent enough to come back and lead...

By all rights there should be a general election but they will fight tooth and nail to stop it happening because they know they will be goners.

If she was here and was still up to it, the Queen would have brought them all back into line like she always did. Charles talks a good game but I guess time will only tell if he can actually do what he promised he would.

It's a bit of a mess right now. Johnson is the last person I want back in, I have relatives in England who have just about had it with all the crap. They would like to see Sunak in, but they don't see that happening. I agree, the Queen would have set them straight. The same goes on here though, like kids fighting over who gets to use the sandbox. Maybe it should be quicksand! LOL.

It's a bit of a mess right now. Johnson is the last person I want back in, I have relatives in England who have just about had it with all the crap. They would like to see Sunak in, but they don't see that happening. I agree, the Queen would have set them straight. The same goes on here though, like kids fighting over who gets to use the sandbox. Maybe it should be quicksand! LOL.
    It's beyond a joke now, it really is. They are a laughing stock and the UK is becoming one as well because of them. I mean who else likens the PM to a lettuce and bets on who will last longer with the lettuce winning?

The only good thing at the moment is Johnson has thrown in the towel. As soon as he stepped down from PM, he was trying to think of ways to get back in so there is no way he has walked away willingly and there are bets on someone blackmailing him into dropping out which wouldn't surprise me.

At the moment it is technically a two horse race between Rishi and someone no one really knows called Penny Mordaunt. I'm not a Tory and pray there is gonna be a General Election soon so someone with brains gets in but Rishi at least knows what he is doing unlike the rest of them. If he is thrown under the bus again for someone who clearly knows nothing, there will be a riot and Charles will have to step in whether he likes it or not. That's when we will see if he has what it takes to follow the Queen.

So .... what are the Vegas odds that Har-Har and MeGain go back to the UK to spend time with the Royal Family? If they go back, any chance conversation, any "look" someone gives them etc. can be turned by them into fodder for their next whine-and-complain TV show or interview.

Grifters in the Royal Family, who'd of thunk it. I would venture to say most people are sick of them and their antics. Now that Andrew has been kicked to the curb, I hope he does the same with those two. How could he trust them anymore.

Grifters in the Royal Family, who'd of thunk it. I would venture to say most people are sick of them and their antics. Now that Andrew has been kicked to the curb, I hope he does the same with those two. How could he trust them anymore.
    I'm surprised at the amount of people I know who turned on them personally and online after the documentary. The RF are playing it well not saying or doing anything in retaliation to all their sand kicking rather than answering back and giving them reason to moan more. As bad as they are though, their supporters are worse with what they say. It's one thing talking about William & Catherine but when they stoop to threatening the children, it's disgusting. The latest being their claim that the picture George drew was clear plagirism and he should be arrested for it...

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I'm surprised at the amount of people I know who turned on them personally and online after the documentary. The RF are playing it well not saying or doing anything in retaliation to all their sand kicking rather than answering back and giving them reason to moan more. As bad as they are though, their supporters are worse with what they say. It's one thing talking about William & Catherine but when they stoop to threatening the children, it's disgusting. The latest being their claim that the picture George drew was clear plagirism and he should be arrested for it...
    They are ridiculous. I don't think they care if people dislike them as long as they can generate money coming in. The RF is taking the high road and getting on with what they need to do. I watched the Carols from Westminster and it was lovely, all the family together. One day he is going to regret what he has done when she calls it a day, taking it all with her.

40. 01-06-2023, 09:29 AM
    Reason
    Message moved

Folks, let's reserve this thread for the Queen. Harry and Meghan belong in the British Royal Family.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I wonder what her reaction would be to all the news/leaks from the last few days. I saw some stories that things had been changed/rewritten because of her death so lord only knows what would have come out if she was still alive.

I know she was already tired of it all to the point, she sometimes refused to take calls from certain people because it was nothing but moans.

A small picture of King Charles now graces our City Hall lobby next to the Queen. Still can't get use to the fact that she is gone.

A small picture of King Charles now graces our City Hall lobby next to the Queen. Still can't get use to the fact that she is gone.
    I so agree, King Charles hope soon will be on
    the Canadian money.