Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What're You Doing Right Now?

Just got home from Pride. It was great as usual. Took wifey-to-be, her second Pride I think and her first in Missouri. We had BBQ pulled pork nachos that were amazing. OMG. We got a few little pan and lesbian trinkets like flags and pins, and I found a genderfluid pin.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Just got home a few hours ago. Original plans were to go out to dinner last night with Wifey to Be, meet her daughter and family. At the last minute, Wifey to Be texts me, "If I can wrangle a motel room for us would you spend the night with me?" Um DUH. Is the Pope Catholic????

Went to a Cajun restaurant for dinner, I had a shrimp and scallop dish in a tequila sauce over pasta. Oh....my....GOD. It was supposed to be over dirty rice, but in our defense we got there a little after 8pm and they closed at 9, so they subbed out pasta for free. (It's usually a $3 upcharge.) We couldn't really talk much because they had live jazz music and it was hard to hear.

Spent the night with Wifey to Be in a motel after dinner, stayed up till 4am deep in conversation. Discussed how our pasts affected us in our present, wedding plans, everything under the sun. She said we were in the middle of a great conversation, and I started snoring and it was adorable. ROFL

Today we spent wedding window-shopping. Looked at dresses for me, not sure what I want yet. Did pick out the tuxes for Wifey to Be, Schmoo, and everyone else in our wedding who's wearing one. I'm seriously considering everyone wearing Chucks with their tuxes/dresses.

Miss E and Schmoo will walk me down the aisle, and both will stand beside me as well as one other I've chosen. Wifey to Be also has three standing on her side. We're not really using the words bridesmaid and groomsmen, because our wedding party is mixed. Wifey to Be has a best woman instead of a best man, and she has a guy friend standing with her also.
    You sound like you had amazing time and it sounds like your wedding is going to be perfect!!

I'm currently in bed watch cold case and dreading Monday. John leaves for 4 days and it's going to suck. Probably won't get much sleep so I'll be on here bugging people I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Synny View Post
    You sound like you had amazing time and it sounds like your wedding is going to be perfect!!

I'm currently in bed watch cold case and dreading Monday. John leaves for 4 days and it's going to suck. Probably won't get much sleep so I'll be on here bugging people I guess lol
    That was a year ago. I dumped her a few days after Valentine's Day because a pulmonary embolism very nearly gave me my own thread here and she didn't care. So I dumped her.

A few days later, my current girl snatched me up. Not only did she care about my pronouns almost becoming were/was, but had she been here that day she would have dragged me to the hospital and not left my side. In March she moved from Texas to Missouri to be with me and finished off Pride month with a proposal. I'm in a much healthier relationship, and much happier.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    That was a year ago. I dumped her a few days after Valentine's Day because a pulmonary embolism very nearly gave me my own thread here and she didn't care. So I dumped her.

A few days later, my current girl snatched me up. Not only did she care about my pronouns almost becoming were/was, but had she been here that day she would have dragged me to the hospital and not left my side. In March she moved from Texas to Missouri to be with me and finished off Pride month with a proposal. I'm in a much healthier relationship, and much happier.
    I am so so happy for you Ria. Your wife to be sounds like a keeper for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Synny View Post
    I am so so happy for you Ria. Your wife to be sounds like a keeper for sure!!
    She definitely is. We are both so alike it's scary. We've only ever play-argued over silly things. Like KC barbecue, that KC is known for, versus Texas barbecue. Or boneless wings being wings, with my argument, "The restaurant isn't called 'Buffalo Wild Tenders!'" And then there's sports. My Royals and Chiefs versus her Astros and Cowboys. She hears me all the time muttering, "It's just baseball!" (Football is different, since my Chiefs signed Patrick Mahomes we've done VERY well.)

I have known her for almost 4 years now, I met her on TikTok of all places. She was doing her first TikTok livestream and I popped in. She shocked my socks off when she stopped what she was talking about and fangirled over ME. I got all blushy cheeks and insisted I was nobody. Meaning I wasn't a million-follower creator. She said, "Don't ever say that you're nobody. Because you're somebody to me."

As is my thing, I don't refer to people in my life IRL as their names. My kids I refer to as the nicknames I still call them. I'll have to come up with a way to refer to Wifey-to-be, because she's my forever.

ETA: My ex was insanely jealous of her. She probably saw the flirting before I did. Wifey-to-be flirted with me for a good 3 years before I caught on. I responded, "You like me like that? You LOVE ME? Oh. Oh! Ohhhhhhh...." I'm living proof a person can be insanely bright and clever, while at the same time being SLOW and blind. ROFLMAO
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 09-24-2023 at 09:36 AM.

"I just go here!"

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Binge watching the TV show "Taxi". Remember that one from the '80's? It had Jeff Conaway, from the movie "Grease" in it. I thought he was sure sexy back then. He even put out a record, back then. I still have it. Gosh, I miss him.

I remember that show , What Tha, where is it streaming?

From Tracey to Tracy: It is streaming on Pluto TV. All five seasons. But Jeff Conaway was only in three seasons. He got fired after that, because of his drug addiction. What a shame.

Right now wifey-to-be and I are discussing wedding dates. We're considering a Halloween wedding and having it be a costume party...

"I just go here!"

Sounds cool Ria.

Waiting on dinner from Panera. Got a value duet of grilled cheese and tomato soup, plus a charged blood orange chiller to spike. It's been a DAY, and I'm too tired to even microwave noodles. My other half is working till 8. We both clocked in just before 9am.

"I just go here!"

Relaxing. I've been napping off and on all day after Friday and yesterday. I went in on my day off for a few hours yesterday. I had planned on doing housework yesterday but that didn't happen. I did get the dishwasher run today, and tomorrow Wifey-to-be is off and going to do laundry. I only got today off so yeah. I did my best impression of a lump in the bed.

"I just go here!"

Currently thinking my body hates me. If it's not this tooth it's this pain on my uppercheekbone (same side as tooth) along with a stupid headache and now I think I'm getting a cold. So I'm waiting for John to get off work in less than an hour and just watching TV and hoping I'm not getting sick because this SUCKS!!

Oh Synny, Feel better hon, right now just trying to push through this bipolar depression and get things done around the house, ordered more groceries to be delivered as I have been sharing what I bought for myself with hubby, I have to order different groceries than him, thanks to my IBS, and he has taken a liking to the turkey sausage and biscuits I make in the morning, as well as the egg white, spinach and cheese eggs I make when I don't make the turkey sausage. Then he's been using my shredded lettuce for his burritos, I was like I thought you said you didn't like lettuce. LOL.

modding, and soon will do some more deep cleaning of our apartment while, I have the energy and my bipolar cycle is at the higher end, almost manic, In the last three days, I have put together a dresser, a kitchen cart, deep cleaned my bathroom, hubby's bathroom, sorted my 1,700 TBR books, organized my 2000 already read books, Yes I have 3,700 books in total, scrubbed baseboards and a wall, cleaned off the kitchen counters and wiped them down, cleaned the oven and the stove and the kitchen sink.

Right now I'm enjoying a spiked iced tea and helping wifey-to-be with laundry. I'm such a tiny terror I can't reach all the way down in the top-loading washing machine to switch laundry over. So she does that part and I fold/hang the clean clothes. Yesterday I did dishes, trash, and litter box and swept the floor. As I swept the litter up around the box, Demi the House Heathen looked at me as if to say, "You didn't WANT that there?" No, Demi, I did not want litter all over my floor. ROFL.

"I just go here!"

lol Ria cats are in charge don't you know that by now, right now relaxing in bed, listening to a youtube video. My manic cycle is going away and I am feeling blah mentally and emotionally.

Ria, do your cats use the litter box right after you clean it? I have one who does that all the time. She gives me a look that says "Thanks for cleaning this box for ME and only ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Ria, do your cats use the litter box right after you clean it? I have one who does that all the time. She gives me a look that says "Thanks for cleaning this box for ME and only ME!"
    OMG yes they do. Especially Demi the House Heathen. The SECOND I finish she hops in.

"I just go here!"

Modding about to game

Binge watching "Happy Days" on Pluto TV. It was a simpler time back then. Both in the era the show took place in, and the era I grew up in, watching this show when it first aired.

modding, just painted my nails and been crying today missing mom and it's her birthday.

Sending hugs, sis. I’m up and sitting outside having my morning smoke and just finished my Veterans Day training module for work. I know I’m supposed to be at work and clocked in for it, but I’ve been with the company so long I already knew the answers to the quiz.

"I just go here!"

Watching WWE Crown Jewel while looking around online in the hope of getting some ideas for xmas presents for my family. It's not so bad with my niece, nephew and sister but my mother...I stupidly assumed it was easier to just ask what she wanted rather than picking something that she might not like. The problem is every year I get the same two answers 'Whatever you pick will be fine' or 'I don't really need anything' which is no help.

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    From Tracey to Tracy: It is streaming on Pluto TV. All five seasons. But Jeff Conaway was only in three seasons. He got fired after that, because of his drug addiction. What a shame.
    Thank you!, Sorry I just saw this, don't know how I missed it the first time, my name was supposed to be spelled with an E, like yours, but the nurse misspelled it on my birth certificate mom didn't notice for months and at the time I was born you couldn't get your birth certificates changed. right now curled up in bed, my boy Pepe is ill so going to take him to the vet tomorrow, last week he was fine and being his usual self, I picked him up yesterday and noticed the weight loss, he is huddled at the end of my bed where he has been for three days, he will eat tiny bits of food here and there but not a lot.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 11-05-2023 at 03:43 PM.

Awww, Tracy, I'm sorry about your sick furbaby. It breaks my heart when one of mine are not feeling well. I don't have any human children, so my cats are all I have. I like to think I am a good Cat Mommy.
    If Pepe continues to not want to eat a lot, I suggest getting him something I just bought for my cats. It's called Delectibles. They are little squeeze up tubes of cat food. You open up the tube, kinda like one of those Icee Pops, and push up the cat food. The food is very soft and the cat will just lick up the food thru the tube. It's also good for cats that have dental problems, because there is nothing for them to have to chew.
    Hope Pepe gets better soon. I will be thinking of him. Tracey.

omg thank you! What the, I'll have hubby pick him up some if they say it's his teeth. Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts, I agree my Pepe is my baby, I saved his life and he in turn saved mine twice, we have a close bond that took five years to build up trust, he was a shelter cat that had been horribly abused and due to his trust issues people would keep taking him back to the shelter as he would hide all the time and not let anyone touch him. When I got him I just left him alone and then slowly built up the trust and bond with him. The last cat we had that had dental issues the vet suggested we pull all her teeth, and then they couldn't say if she would continue to go down hill, as she got an allergic reaction to plaque build up on her teeth and it caused major health issues so we had to put her down and I am scared that is going on with him. Right now about to have therapy and laying on the bed with Pepe while we wait for the time to take him into his appointment. I am so scared that he may not be coming home today, I am hoping it's just that he isn't feeling well and the vet can help him.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 11-06-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Feeling a bit more relieved, Pepe my cat has no dental issues, however his illness is due to his kidneys, if we had waited another day or two to get him in, he could have died or went into renal failure. His blood count numbers were very high, they gave him fluids as he was very dehydrated even though we keep fresh water down at all times and give him wet food, he has lost a lot of weight, and he will have to do on a special diet. He has eaten a bit more tonight as they gave him special kitty food and will have to for now on get food for his kidneys.

Tracy, glad you knew that something wasn't right with Pepe. I had a cat awhile back that had kidney problems. The vet put him on a special brand of dry cat food called Hill's Science Diet. He told me that dry food is better than wet food for cats with kidney problems. My cat ended up living for 8 more years after that, even with his kidney problem. Of course, that still wasn't long enough for me. Why can't cats live as long as people?

Funny thing is Tracey, we fed him mostly dry food, he still isn't out of the woods, he has been in all day getting I.V. fluids and they may want to do another two rounds or even 24 hours at a pet hospital, they are going to check his bloods to see if his levels went down they were extremely high, we almost lost him, I just want him to be okay, I am exhausted, I was up every two hours last night that he was home checking on him, and making sure he ate. So what I am doing now sitting by the phone waiting for another call and watching the clock so we can go pick him up and see what else needs to be done.

Crying and Heartbroken my little buddy is no longer with me, we made the decision to put him to sleep.

Oh no, Tracy, I am so sorry for you! This is terrible. Poor Pepe. At least he is out of pain. I won't go into that whole " Rainbow Bridge" thing, because that always annoyed me when one of my pets died. I feel for you. Each one leaves a little hole in your heart. You have had to deal with too much, these past couple of months. Just know that I am thinking of you. Tracey.

Tracey Thank you so much, funny thing was they said he was getting around great, he was eating and jumping on things and in no pain just his numbers weren't going down, they said we could bring him home and make him as comfortable as possible and he will just go down hill and not eat and just be sick, I said I didn't want that for him, even though it broke my heart to say those words I knew it was best for him, I will be getting his ashes back in a couple of weeks. I sobbed so hard last night, now I am trying to recover. Hubby said when you're ready to get another cat who needs you I'll take you to the shelter, I said just give me time.

Yes, there will always be plenty of shelter cats for you to open your heart to. After all, that's how you found Pepe. All of my cats have always been stray, or shelter cats. I have had to deal with a few of my cats finally passing away of old age. I've had them all cremated. Their urns are on a shelf on my bookcase. One of them is in a little engraved wooden box, on the nightstand next to my bed. Every day when I wake up, I rub that box and say "Good morning Big Biggie". Big Guy was his name, because he was a big white cat, who came on my porch, on a Christmas Eve. Cats are magic, they know when you need them and will come to you. They can feel love and give love. Please try to take comfort in that, Tracy.

Laying in bed scrolling online. John has to work overnight tonight so will be leaving in 2 hours or so. Might play a game on my tablet lol

I’m so sorry, sis. Sending all the hugs and love.

"I just go here!"

thank you everyone for your kind words , well this happened yesterday
    meet Mozzie, (yes from white collar the t.v. show. )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mozzie.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	55599
    Last edited by pkstracy; 11-16-2023 at 05:33 PM.

Welcome to Tracy's family, Mozzie! I know she will be a great Cat Mommy to you.

Thank you Tracey not sure why the picture didn't show up, but I fixed it.

Mozzie is adorable!!! I’m currently on the bus, heading to work. My other half did get a car the other day but I promised her that when I work at 9am I’d only wake her for a ride if the weather was too bad for me to walk to the bus stop. She started supervisor training yesterday, and permanently moved to the other store. It’s a conflict of interest if we both stayed at the same store.

"I just go here!"

Oh mozzie is soooo cute!! I'm currently trying to stay quiet and not wake John up. Yesterday was difficult because I was texting my other best friend and my phone was autocorrecting what I said and it was hilarious!! I was trying so hard to not laugh and it was painful which dirk wasn't helping at all!! But I'm looking forward to next week we are going to Michigan for 2 days to see family for Thanksgiving and to celebrate my daughter's birthday which is next Friday. I can't believe she's 11 already lol. So yeah just on here trying to be as quiet as I can we'll see how thar goes lol.

Thank you both, He is such a love bug, Happy birthday to your daughter Synny, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. As for me just lounging in bed and thought I would check in, starting next year I won't be on much I will still check in, but I am going to start working on my mental and physical health and get back into reading and not spending so much time online.

curled up in bed with this little guy Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mozzie2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	55600

Getting extremely pissed at the people in the room below us. The kids are screaming so loud it's drowning my TV out. Oh and the mother she's in the room letting it happen.

Trying to muster up the energy to get around for work. By the time the work week ends Wednesday I’ll be at nearly 50 hours. I’m tired.

"I just go here!"

RIa, Damn girl that's a lot of hours. I hope you are okay today. Synny hope everything is going okay for you. Right now I am curled up in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    RIa, Damn girl that's a lot of hours. I hope you are okay today. Synny hope everything is going okay for you. Right now I am curled up in bed.
    I’m tired. I clocked out tonight with 42 hours. And I still have 6-1/2 hours to work tomorrow.

"I just go here!"

Ria that is a lot of hours in one week, I remember working seven days in a row in retail, from 7 am to 5 pm I was so tired by the end of it, hopefully you get a couple of days off.
    right now modding and may start writing again.

Laying in bed tired as hell. We drove 13 hours yesterday. John asked me if we wanted to stop yesterday for the night, I had the bright idea we just keep going so now we are all paying for it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Ria that is a lot of hours in one week, I remember working seven days in a row in retail, from 7 am to 5 pm I was so tired by the end of it, hopefully you get a couple of days off.
    right now modding and may start writing again.
    Ended the work week with 49 hours. To say I’m tired is an understatement. I am off the weekend thank GOD. Work better not call me tomorrow. Because I’ll pretend I don’t understand English. LOL!

"I just go here!"