Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Jim Fowler - Wild Kingdom host.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,061

    Jim Fowler - Wild Kingdom host.

    I guess he really wasn't an actor. Long time Tonight Show guest and co-cost of the long running Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-f...b0705e47d97c4f

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    34,967
    Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I guess he really wasn't an actor. Long time Tonight Show guest and co-cost of the long running Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jim-f...b0705e47d97c4f
    You are correct. He was a Zoologist. When I was a child, I watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom every Sunday morning that came. I wonder if it's as good now as it was to me then.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Burlington,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    3,468
    That show was a big part of my childhood. I rarely missed an episode. Jim and Marlin Perkins were like spending time with friends, they were great on that show.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,369
    Yep - I loved that show.
    I was more of a Marlin Perkins fan though.

    RIP, Jim.

    A faulty hypothesis forming:

    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    34,967
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Yep - I loved that show.
    I was more of a Marlin Perkins fan though.

    RIP, Jim.
    Me too.
    "Do no harm, But take no crap."-- pksracy



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,942
    Jim did all the heavy lifting while Marlin supervised. The times Jim would do the Tonight Show, the Johnny Carson era, were hilarious. Johnny liked animals, but Jim would push him, close to or past, his comfort point. Fond childhood memories. I bet he had quite the crowd waiting for him on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,826
    I remember him. RIP.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,197
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Jim did all the heavy lifting while Marlin supervised. The times Jim would do the Tonight Show, the Johnny Carson era, were hilarious. Johnny liked animals, but Jim would push him, close to or past, his comfort point. Fond childhood memories. I bet he had quite the crowd waiting for him on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. RIP.
    So true, I remember Johnny Carson did a lot of jokes
    about Jim and how Marlin was always safe.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,942
    Yep. Marlin was just an interview. Jim was the Circus. I wonder how many times Johnny got pooped on?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,369
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Yep. Marlin was just an interview. Jim was the Circus. I wonder how many times Johnny got pooped on?
    Counting ex-wives?

    A faulty hypothesis forming:

    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •