Thread: June Harding 1940-2019

June Harding 1937-2019

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11d.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	215.2 KB 
ID:	54807
    Onetime actress JUNE HARDING who is best recalled for playing HAYLEY MILLS' partner in crime in the 1966 comedy
    THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS has died.

Name:	11DD1.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	54805
    HARDING who had left show business 40 years ago had spent most the last 4 decades in the northeast and was a painter of landscapes, and nature scenes.

Name:	11DD2.png 
Size:	772.7 KB 
ID:	54808

Name:	11DD.png 
Size:	654.1 KB 
ID:	54806
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

I remember the movie and may have seen it. June doesn't ring a bell. Of course, I was 10 years old and wrapped up in my boyfriend.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

One of my all time favorite films. The chemistry between June and Hayley was "scathingly brilliant". Differing date of birth, Wiki says 1937, IMDB says 1940. Either way she was very convincing playing a teenager considering she may have been 25 or close to 30 ! She was wonderful in it. RIP June.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

According to IMDB Camilla Sparv (who played the "flawless beauty" nun) is actually three years younger than June ! June was indeed very good at playing a character much younger than her actual age.
    I live a few miles from Ambler where part of the movie was filmed; I should try trespassing (it's private property, you know !) to take a few pics. This movie is one of the best coming-of-age films ever made IMO. Hayley's uncle was played by Kent Smith, who was also in Cat People and Curse of the Cat People. The "Angels" sequel was a poor attempt to capitalize on the original IMO

"(If she wins one more crucifix) She can start her own church."

The film still holds up after all these years. I would love to see the Castle where the exteriors were filmed. Interesting history, you would think it would be open to the public. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6022268385_2ca63d7a0a_b-horz.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	54811
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

This was just on our local news about the school's locale. Starting around 00:30 you get a close-up of the complex, then a skyview. The original buildings are being preserved, the entire surrounding area has been leveled to build a senior-living complex and private residences. Freeze the video @ 00:41 for the artist's rendering of the finished complex; the original "castle" building is visible on the left. They'll probably gut the castle building to modernize it; looks like it'll now serve as the main entrance.

https://6abc.com/construction-blasti...nship/5235358/

Remembering June on her third deathiversary.
    At the time of filming The Trouble with Angels, Hayley Mills was 19 years old, while June was 28 (!). Both characters would have aged from 14 to 17 during the three years covered in the plot.
    Very touching message on her gravestone IMO .....

Name:	June Harding gravestone.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	747.4 KB 
ID:	55368

Update on Lindenwold Castle aka St. Francis Academy. The building has been preserved and is being incorporated into a larger building. In the second image, the Castle is on the left. The third image shows the new entranceway, with homes on either side of the road approaching the Castle.

Name:	Lindenwold Castle during reconstruction.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	541.0 KB 
ID:	55369

Name:	Future of Lindenwold Castle.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	55370

Name:	New entrance to Lindenwold Castle.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	55371

To me, this building is as much a pop-culture icon as The Munster home, the Bewitched home etc. I'm relieved that it's being preserved and will still be the center of attention. Incidentally, Scott mentioned on his recent "Bewitched" podcast that the Bewitched home and the other buildings in that area are to be demolished!