Remember when this old fool said the British singer :Adele
    was too fat and needed to lose weight.( I think he was a big time
    jerk)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Remember when this old fool said the British singer :Adele
    was too fat and needed to lose weight.( I think he was a big time
    jerk)
    Totally. I bet you could dig him up in 100 Years and he would look the same. Fake fuck that he was.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

He used to be pretty fat himself. The way he'd fat shame folks reminds me of an a-hole lecturing ex-smoker...

His designs were pretty good in keeping with the Chanel brand. He really should have kept his mouth shut though, he came across as a bitter, bitchy old queen. That's never amusing.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

He kind of gave me the creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    His designs were pretty good in keeping with the Chanel brand. He really should have kept his mouth shut though, he came across as a bitter, bitchy old queen. That's never amusing.
    There is a backlash going on at the moment. Cara D tweeted saying he was all but a saint and anyone who called him out was wrong to which another actress reminded her just what he had said over the years reminding her that just because he was nice to her, didn't meant everyone got that privilege. She also reminded people of the fact that he himself was big at one point so the fact he called out others made him a hypocrite. The crux of it was you can mourn someone and still call them out for the shady stuff they did, something many seem unable to do.

I'm guessing a lot of these fashionistas have endorsement deals with designers for their products. Speaking honestly and bluntly about one of their own would or could get them dropped. That is as shallow as you can get.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    He used to be pretty fat himself. The way he'd fat shame folks reminds me of an a-hole lecturing ex-smoker...
    I had one of those too. I'm an ex smoker now but I do not berate people for smoking. I give them encouragement when they are trying to quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Iâ??m in the minority here but I adored Karl Lagerfeld. I found him to be quite witty, creative, insightful & playful. His quotes made for great fodder & copy, but his full interviews & documentaries in which he participated give context to the way he phases things. His mother was basically the same way. Hilariously dry sense of humour.

He revived rhe House of CHANEL from becoming irrelevant & did the designing for Fendi. He was very much of a world of his own creation & thatâ??s what made him brilliant. He was a visionary, a forward thinker & the past was always the past for him. I will miss his irreverence. Humour & designs. Iâ??m grateful to own many of his CHANEL pieces. I have treasured them, but theyâ??re all the more important to me now.

i do not/did not have any kind of endorsement deal & I'm still saying he was completely misunderstood by the public at large. Thatâ??s fine. He didnâ??t care in life & he certainly doesnâ??t care now. He was an incredibly interesting, blunt but genuine person once people look beyond the headlines.

To add: actually, he wouldnâ??t fit the definition of a hypocrite for calling Adele fat. The only way this would technically apply would be if heâ??d been fat at the time he made the comment. He wasnâ??t. I donâ??t even recall the exact quote or if he said she needed to lose weight, but even if thatâ??s the case, it still wouldnâ??t be hypocritical because heâ??s said he was fat & couldnâ??t wear the clothes he wanted to wear. He said he did something about it (and he did) so hypocrisy would only apply had he been fat at the time &/or done nothing to lose the weight. As it stands, unless thereâ??s more to it than I remember, it doesnâ??t actually fit the definition of acting in a hypocritical manner

Granted, the statement didnâ??t offend me then, nor does it offend me now. Was she fat? Yes. Do I like Adele? Yes. Do I like him? Yes.
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 02-27-2019 at 01:40 PM.