Thread: Lesbian Moms Vehicular Murder-Suicide

Lesbian Moms Vehicular Murder-Suicide

Mods, apologies if the Washington Post link didn’t copy-and-paste correctly. I simply couldn’t wait to see what people’s thoughts were about this bizarre, sad murder-suicide. Let’s drive off a cliff with...all six kids? Two still missing. Fourth dead kid recently found, Ciera. So horrible. And oh yeah, history of starving/abusing their adopted kids.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iff-drunk.html
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-17-2018 at 07:04 PM.

You should have dropped that link and found another site.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    You should have dropped that link and found another site.
    Thanks for fixing it Cindy!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

You're very much welcome.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have been reading about this. I just don't understand...what the heck??? Poor kids.

I am NOT a SJW by any means. But after all these years, why do they have to put Lesbian in front of Women who do crap like this. I don't see "Straight" Mom in front of a female that kills or whatever. Until we restrict and control Human breeding, Kids will always suffer. Just because you can have kids, does not mean you should. If you can't feed them, don't breed them.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Even worse is that they had adopted these kids, and they seemed like many of them were older and probably harder to place. I read an interview with one of their former foster children and it seemed as if they were just adopting for the money they would get. When they lived here in MN they adopted from TX and got about $500 each kid. With this particular girl they dropped her off at a counseling appointment and then never picked her up, someone else informed her she would be leaving with another family. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

I guess they got in over their heads, and sounds like there was some substance abuse combined with an impending visit from CPS to check on the reports that had been made. The one mother did have a conviction in MN for neglect I believe. The whole thing is just sad. Those poor kids couldn't win no matter what.

I read about this when it happened a couple of weeks ago. One of the children was asking a neighbor to leave food out for him. He was on social media a couple of years before asking a policeman for a hug. Sad story, I feel for those poor kids. https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b06409775d9a2e
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Lesbian Moms Vehicular Homicide would be a great name for a band.
    Double bill them with Pussy Riot and I'm there.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Just goes to show that SOME adoptive parents have murky motives and intentions, regardless of their orientations, and child welfare systems that are so desperate to rid themselves of the burden that they have such low standards until it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Just goes to show that SOME adoptive parents have murky motives and intentions, regardless of their orientations, and child welfare systems that are so desperate to rid themselves of the burden that they have such low standards until it's too late.
    plenty of hetero parents abusing their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    plenty of hetero parents abusing their kids.
    Yep. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by MirrorDimly View Post
    Mods, apologies if the Washington Post link didn’t copy-and-paste correctly. I simply couldn’t wait to see what people’s thoughts were about this bizarre, sad murder-suicide. Let’s drive off a cliff with...all six kids? Two still missing. Fourth dead kid recently found, Ciera. So horrible. And oh yeah, history of starving/abusing their adopted kids.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iff-drunk.html
    I saw this a few weeks ago. At the time they were saying they didn't know what had happened but as soon as they said the family was known to social services, I figured the odds of it being an accident were slim. I hope in time the other children are found.

Reading this story reminded me of the movie Dragnet where they keep referring to "The virgin Connie Swail"

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yep. Sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.
    That was the point. And parents, biological or adoptive, obviously should NOT abuse their children, let alone kill them. But it happens, will always happen until the end of time, because humans with their too-complex and contradictory brains seem not to be set for automatic care and nurturing of offspring like many animals, and many external factors and personal flaws can lead to the disordering of priorities. (To say the least!)

It's almost too easy to "other" one's own offspring if material considerations and at least one parent's pride are involved. It isn't only parents going broke, and or with psychiatric disorders, and/or trying to please new sexual partners, who perform family annihilation or other atrocities.

There's an expectation that adoptive parents who voluntarily choose to take up the care of others' children are more noble and heroic, especially if they take in older children with various problems, whether they receive compensation or not. And I'm sure most are.

The tragedy isn't just that this family fell between the cracks, but that the cracks were so large and gaping, one could have seen them a mile away. Indeed, people did see it and reported it, but "there's never enough in the budget" and thus not enough personnel, or they're hamstrung by rules that were set in place for other circumstances (but which can be exploited to serve the alleged offenders' ends), or they have reason to fear the adults in the case, etc.

It's the children i feel sorry for. Why adopt them and do this? Not that we will ever get any answers now. RIP to all those involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    It's the children i feel sorry for. Why adopt them and do this? Not that we will ever get any answers now. RIP to all those involved.
    exactly. Plus why adopt them if you can’t or won’t feed them too?
    I never got that withholding “ food” for punishment.. My other question is why weren’t there extensive background checks done on the adoptive “parents”?
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-23-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    exactly. Plus why adopt them if you can’t or won’t feed them too?
    I never got that withholding “ food” for punishment.. My other question is why weren’t there extensive background checks done on the adoptive “parents”?
    I had always thought the screening process for any US adoptions would be very tough, too.

But I saw a comment when this story happened and a woman said she had adopted 3 special needs minority children and the screening process was less thorough than when she adopted a dog from a shelter.

She maintained the state was so glad to have the kids basically off their rolls, the process was less stringent.

The couple received money from a state agency for at least a couple of the kids they had with them.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    I had always thought the screening process for any US adoptions would be very tough, too.

But I saw a comment when this story happened and a woman said she had adopted 3 special needs minority children and the screening process was less thorough than when she adopted a dog from a shelter.

She maintained the state was so glad to have the kids basically off their rolls, the process was less stringent.

The couple received money from a state agency for at least a couple of the kids they had with them.

That's pretty scary when you think it's easier to adopt a dog than children. Where's the value for human life?? And exactly, why adopt the children when you can't or won't feed them?? I have no answers for that.

There have been many stories through the years of people adopting large quantities of all levels of special-needs children, and rather a lot of them turn out badly. NOT in THIS way, thank heavens I guess, but the parents' expectations and hopes come up against the realities of their children's conditions and histories, and the actions of those outside the family. Read long story in a magazine a couple of years ago, about a couple who planned from the get-go to adopt as many special-needs as they could. They only had two of their own, so as to keep their resources open for any and all comers. They ultimately adopted around 20 over the years, and everything that could go wrong, did. Many of the children had severe behavioral issues. A couple of them died of their ailments, nobody's fault, but it pained the family obviously. The parents tried mightily to keep the girls from getting pregnant outside of marriage, but EVERY SINGLE ONE, including their OWN 2 girls, eventually did, and few married the fathers. They were lucky if the kids finished high school, let alone went to college. Worst of all, one of the older (and legal adult) "brothers", who was separated from his wife (and later divorced obviously) had sex with one of his young teen "sisters" and went to prison, joining a couple of the other siblings. The father of the ginormous family became an alcoholic. Eventually things DID settle down by the time of the writing of the story and of course the parents claimed they'd do it all again, but....REALLY? When children have serious health / mental problems, and the home is no better than a dormitory in a somewhat kindlier but still too-busy orphanage of sorts, how can they get the care they need, how can they be protected or the other kids be protected from THEM, how can they even get fed properly and enough? How can any social services (this family got their children from all kinds, religious and secular) justify child-hoarding as one might call it?

I wonder if the kids were home schooled?
    Just because what we have seen in the news last
    little while.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    I wonder if the kids were home schooled?
    Just because what we have seen in the news last
    little while.
    Excuse me. I homeschool my daughter. She's thriving far more at home than school. She's not being bullied and she's reading at the 9th grade level and performing at 10th grade in math in 4th grade. And the problem is?!
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.