Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting at Parkland. Florida High School

He looks like a product of inbreeding. hope he gets death.

Thursday, I was rollerblading at a lake (I live in Central Florida, and yes I rollerblade, lol) and a SWAT truck rolled by fully loaded with cops. The lake is by a college. They are not messin’ around.
    Last edited by Squishy; 02-17-2018 at 10:03 PM. Reason: oh yeah! and...

So if a lot of the shootings are caused by people with mental illness, and if you look the past shooters were all on some type of drug for mental illness, they why aren't there stronger regulations for medical drugs for mental illness. Seems a lot of doctors are too quick to whip out the script pad and say here you go.

3. 02-18-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    So if a lot of the shootings are caused by people with mental illness, and if you look the past shooters were all on some type of drug for mental illness, they why aren't there stronger regulations for medical drugs for mental illness. Seems a lot of doctors are too quick to whip out the script pad and say here you go.

Yep. I've seen this. Hunny deals with depression a lot, if he so much as mentions it, they're all too quick and happy to send him for an evaluation or write him, a script. On the other hand however he literally had to jump through hoops to get relief for his back pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Good question.
    I didn't know about the commonality of the psychiatric medications until I read your post and did a little searching. One article pointed out that these sorts of events were pretty rare prior to the introduction of certain medications in the late 80's/early 90's.

And there are reports of people who were not known to exhibit violent behavior prior to being put on such medication.
    Suicidal behavior is also part of that scenario it seems.

The question then becomes is the medication causing the behavior or were the people put on it already inclined to that behavior due to their mental illness.

And yeah, I think a lot of doctors are too quick to prescribe.
    Back in the 90's I worked for a guy, his 13 year old daughter was depressed - her boyfriend broke up with her.
    Doctor put her on anti-depressants.

Jeeze - she's 13, we have to learn how to deal with some things when growing up.
    Her parents also paid for her to get a boob job when she was 16, so I'd surmise that the home environment wasn't exactly conducive to healthy development.

I also knew a girl in the early 90's who had serious depression.
    She had survived an accident that killed seven members of her family.

They had her on Prozac - she said it didn't take away the depression but that it made it manageable.
    She became a Social Worker - she wanted to be able to help others deal with the kind of trauma that she had experienced.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Yep. I've seen this. Hunny deals with depression a lot, if he so much as mentions it, they're all too quick and happy to send him for an evaluation or write him, a script. On the other hand however he literally had to jump through hoops to get relief for his back pain.
    I have Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, OCD, Anxiety and Panic attacks, and mild bi polar disorder, doctor has me on five different meds, however, I did take them for a bit and hated that they made me feel tired, I asked my psych about putting me on medical weed, he quickly said no it might make me paranoid, I was like okay what do you think the meds you keep giving me every few months are doing to my body, I quit taking my meds and finding other ways to deal with my issues. I have seen kids sitting in his office that are around seven and eight that are on meds, I am like what the heck.

Yeah Jim seems the parents of the 13 year just gave into whatever she wanted, she probably wanted the drugs to brag to her friends and such..a boob job at sixteen dang....not good.
    Oh poor girl loosing her whole family, yeah the meds never stopped my issues, it can help you mange the depression and anxiety and such but it doesn't stop it, and as I said I hate the way they made me feel, I couldn't focus, I wanted to sleep all of the time.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-18-2018 at 06:30 PM.

It appears that when meds are stopped cold turkey, the issues start. Wasnâ??t lithium the one that can kill you if you stopped taking it? There are occasions when people taking the meds no longer have access to them, like losing health coverage, or money to pay the co-pay.

Looks like lithium withdrawal death is just a myth. https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2014/0...possibilities/
    Last edited by Squishy; 02-19-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Also, sometimes people get the idea they are all better and don't need to take their meds.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Also, sometimes people get the idea they are all better and don't need to take their meds.
    No doubt.
    I've tried to imagine how crazy people must think - I guess those of us who are reasonably sane (or so we seem) just can't do it.
    It must be like trying to imagine how a dog feels or how a bat thinks.
    You'd have to have been there or been one in order to relate; I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    No doubt.
    I've tried to imagine how crazy people must think - I guess those of us who are reasonably sane (or so we seem) just can't do it.
    It must be like trying to imagine how a dog feels or how a bat thinks.
    You'd have to have been there or been one in order to relate; I guess.
    I was raised by a paranoid schizophrenic, and even I don't know how she thought or how she perceived her environment.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Not at all. Other countries are clueless. Toronto's crime rates are relatively low. Ours aren't. That makes a difference.
    very true, because people who are fast to anger
    can't get to a gun.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    Mass killings with Xactos knives are really on the rise. Americans are clueless.
    People outside of America will never understand the USA
    love of guns.(like me)

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    People outside of America will never understand the USA
    love of guns.(like me)
    Agreed

Yes. I have a loved one who is paranoid schizophrenic who has been off his meds and as of Tuesday we finally got him admitted to a State Mental Hospital....after 4 hospital stays since December.....finally after he is threatening to kill family members......maybe he will get help....very upset with the Health Care System.....it is very frustrating.

Squishy, I didn't stop cold turkey I weaned myself off of them, and I am glad I did, I was getting little hooked on my nightly sleeping pill. So now the guard that showed up first is getting blasted for not going into the school right away, I feel they should not blast him because he wasn't sure what was going on and in a lot of cases they are told to wait for back up, I can see it now, if he did go in and got blown away, people would have been like dumb ass should have waited for back up, why did he go in, did he think he could take the shooter out by himself...so it's damned if you do and damned if you don't, also I saw where Trump Jr. was bullying a girl , 14 years old who survived the shooting, on Twitter because she was speaking out for gun control, and Trump Jr was liking the conspiracy theory posts. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8224406.html http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/0...cyber-bullying I keep asking why are these moron, racists, bullies, still in office?

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's rocking dumbass! https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...dren/23399997/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's rocking dumbass! https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...dren/23399997/
    Well said Cindy.

I was waiting on him crawling out of his hole. You just knew he was gonna have something to say about it.

31% of Americans think a civil war is coming. I said this a few months ago and was laughed at.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ar_likely_soon

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    31% of Americans think a civil war is coming. I said this a few months ago and was laughed at.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ar_likely_soon
    LOL!

I don't think so.
    A civil war would cause a lot of hardship and deprivation.

It's hard work to wage a civil war.

Maybe if we could outsource it to Mexico or the Philippines, yeah, maybe then.

Our best bet is to get even better at blaming Mexico or Canada for our troubles or things that make us displeased.
    None of that is our fault anyway.

Trump could get us all united over that, and we've got a military for attacking other countries, so no need for most of us to get concerned, turn off our TV's or anything else too troublesome like that.

One year today.

I read that his attorneys offered a guilty plea if the death penalty is taken off the table. I really don’t feel like feeding this little degenerate for the rest of his life I would post a link, but the “Congratulations!” popup invades the page. I don’t want to put anyone through that aggravation..

I was wondering when something like this was going to happen, it is sad.

A second Parkland Survior has committed sucide, Saturday https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/secon...152655999.html
    A second student who survived last year’s mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, has apparently died by suicide, police confirmed.
    The juvenile, whose name has not been released, died by an “apparent suicide” on Saturday night, Coral Springs police spokesman Tyler Reik told HuffPost. The deceased was a current student at the high school.

Ex-School Officer Charged for His 'Complete Inaction' in Parkland Massacre

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/n...510822101.html

1. His name is Scot Peterson. Interesting.
    2. Not only did he not take action, he directed arriving LE officers to stay 500 yards away from the building. WOW. I hope that’s not part of LE active-shooter protocol/training. He was responsible for keeping out people who could have saved lives even though he wouldn’t/didn’t himself.
    3. He could be put away for life, but probably won’t because it would set a legal precedent for future incidents. That seems incredibly unfair to the families of these victims.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull