Thread: Country Singer Daryl Singletary

Country Singer Daryl Singletary

I saw this in my email yesterday morning from a radio station that I used to listen to (US101 out of Chattanooga, TN).

Country singer, Daryl Singletary died of a blood clot yesterday morning at his home. He was 46. At the time, no more information was available as far as funeral arrangements, etc. Daryl was one of those 90s stars in Nashville who, sadly, never got a big push from the record labels. His voice reminded you eerily of the late Keith Whitley - he was that good! His big hits during his career was, "I Let Her Lie" & "Too Much Fun":

https://youtu.be/sb_AoH9tnyg
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Damn from a blood clot.?! was he injured, had surgery, or just not moving enough? 46 is way to young

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Damn from a blood clot.?! was he injured, had surgery, or just not moving enough? 46 is way to young

From what little I know, he hadn't been injured nor had he had surgery. He was doing concerts up until before his death and had just scheduled another one that was coming up. 46 definitely is way too young but I had a musician buddy of mine who died from a heart attack at 46 a few years ago.....his team of doctors tried like hell to save him but he didn't make it and passed away around Memorial Day (damnit, I can't remember the year).
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

damn a effin blood clot? wtf. I wonder if there are any symptoms or it just gets you. RIP

Piggy, sometimes you have symptoms, such as fever, shortness of breath, if it's in your leg you feel like Charlie Horse pain that won't go away, a big knot under the skin, bruising, the skin will be warm/hot to the touch, an itch that won't go away on the legs or arms, wherever the clot is, other times you won't even know you have one, we get clots every day or most days and our body naturally dissolves them, however if they don't then yeah it's serious, to prevent clots, if you sit for long periods of time, don't cross your legs, wear loose socks and clothing, stand up and move once an hour or every two hours, if you can't get up then move your feet, and legs up and down, stretch your arms above your head, also stay hydrated, drink lots of water that helps the blood flow and the veins open, if you are dehydrated it causes the blood to thicken and slow down and cause the vessels to constrict, why we have inflammation and can elevate blood pressure. Tony I am sorry about your friend, sodium and sugar and not enough water, and not enough movement are a few of the main reasons for heart attacks, five to ten mins a day, of any type of exercise is now being shown to help reduce heart disease, if you can get in an hour a week, you are good, studies are now finding out that sugar is the main cause of heartattacks, and many health issues such as high blood pressure and stroke.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-14-2018 at 10:32 AM.