Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: Dolores O'Riordan lead singer of the Cranberries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,020

    Dolores O'Riordan lead singer of the Cranberries


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Michiana
    Posts
    1,206
    I'm not a fan but it's so sad. That's just way too young. So are they going to leave her death classified as "unexplained"?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    3,837
    I liked her voice. So young. RIP.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    961
    I loved her voice. I was a fan but not to the point of being aware of her long history of issues.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southern Quebec
    Posts
    269
    Very sad news; only 46 years old. I like many Cranberries songs, thanks to Dolores O' Riordan's vocals. May she RIP.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,042
    Toxicology will reveal all I'm afraid. RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,922
    R.I.P.

    Only 46? Way too young!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    2,423
    sad. way too young. i read she has been depressed etc for awhile. i never knew she had drug issues or anything. so we will see

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    47
    I'd be surprised if it was an illegal drug-related death because she seemed so adamantly anti-drug. I'm going to guess painkillers because she'd been having isses with her back, from what I've read. I wouldn't be surprised if this was an accidental overdose. Regardless, it's sad. I loved the Cranberries (and coincidentally their best album was called To The Faithful Departed).
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    12,907
    She had a painful Childhood, She has dealt with her own set of Demons, we all have a few, her whole life. I liked her voice, a few of their songs, borderline fan I guess. RIP, Dolores.
    "What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others" Pericles

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southern Quebec
    Posts
    269
    Dolores O'Riordan's cause of death will not be revealed until at least April, a London coroner's office announced Friday.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cranberries-dolores-oriordan-no-cause-of-death-until-at-least-april-w515631

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,637
    Sad indeed.
    I liked the music.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  13. #13
    I wasn't a big fan but I did like some of their songs. Very sad to learn of her history, at least she is at peace now. RIP.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    202
    So they had an open casket funeral, and the Death Hag in me is asking... no pics?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by helo99 View Post
    So they had an open casket funeral, and the Death Hag in me is asking... no pics?
    There will be one, just gotta play the waiting game until someone leaks it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nunya Bidness
    Posts
    10,839
    She had a beautiful voice. She also apparently had a lot of problems. RIP.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

    - R.H. Sin

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    47
    Some really good pictures of the service here.

    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dolor...aid-in-repose/
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    990
    I used to be a huge fan in the early 90s. I had just become a teenager and was in the middle of being over my boy band and wanting to listen to real bands phase and a friends dad gave me a loan of his Everybody Else CD and I was hooked. I loved how her voice was so unique that you would know it was her singing as soon as you heard her voice. This was a death that actually was a shock because no one saw it coming. I know it's said a lot but this time we have genuinely lost a talented woman.

    As for seeing a pic, I'd say it's 50/50. She was known but she wasn't a huge star. Saying that I wouldn't put it past someone going to her viewing just to sneak one because they know people want to see it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,637
    I'm feeling some real sadness over this the last couple of days.
    It's odd because I wasn't a big fan - I just liked the music a bit.
    I've been listening to some of her stuff and watching some vids - just seeing her so alive and smiling and moving around while singing in her unique voice makes me sad that she's gone now. It seems... premature.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    22,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    Dolores O'Riordan's cause of death will not be revealed until at least April, a London coroner's office announced Friday.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/cranberries-dolores-oriordan-no-cause-of-death-until-at-least-april-w515631
    That's a shame because it creates a lack of closure.

    She had a fabulously distinct voice. I remember when the Cranberries' first album came out. They were in heavy radio and MTV video rotation back when MTV still played videos.

    I knew a guy back then who was so entranced by the uniqueness of Dolores' voice that he said he fell in love with her, knowing it was silly because he'd never met her.
    .

    Life goes on.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That's a shame because it creates a lack of closure.

    She had a fabulously distinct voice. I remember when the Cranberries' first album came out. They were in heavy radio and MTV video rotation back when MTV still played videos.

    I knew a guy back then who was so entranced by the uniqueness of Dolores' voice that he said he fell in love with her, knowing it was silly because he'd never met her.
    I miss those days on MTV. I got cable for the first time in 1993 and as you say, there were certain bands played all the time like Cranberries, Guns & Roses, Aerosmith and many others and most of them I would still listen to now all these years later unlike most of the so-called music we have today.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I miss those days on MTV. I got cable for the first time in 1993 and as you say, there were certain bands played all the time like Cranberries, Guns & Roses, Aerosmith and many others and most of them I would still listen to now all these years later unlike most of the so-called music we have today.
    The nineties were a great decade for music. Well, the early 90s, anyway. I was in college when The Cranberries and their contemporaries were just getting into the spotlight. I still love that music because it reminds me of a great time in my life. It was great stuff, too!

    Newer music just doesn't give me that same feeling. Maybe it's because I'm not a kid anymore, but I don't think so. It's different now, almost like the heart and soul has been ripped out of the music industry and traded in for dollar signs.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,516
    Still not sure how she died?(very young)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    toronto, canada ( Etobicoke)
    Posts
    4,020
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Still not sure how she died?(very young)
    Three months and still no word.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    990
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Still not sure how she died?(very young)
    There was some speculation it could be suicide as she was found in her hotel room and it wasn't being treated as suspicious. She had attempted suicide before and also suffered from depression and had bipolar. The inquest was supposed to start on April 3 but for some reason it was removed from the schedule and they said it would be reset at a later date but that was it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •