Page 1 of 24 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayne Mansfield

Guest Guest

for the person who decided not to swerve for the cute little skunk outside my house

I know this forum is for celebrities, but it is about death right?

Well I would like for the person who decided not to swerve for the cute little skunk outside my house last night to step up and get this stinky lil butt outta my driveway. I do NOT want to have to suit up with a gas mask everytime I leave my house. COME GET IT!

Now for the real topic.....Jayne Mansfeild. I was highly jealous over the pool. She was beautiful and it shocked the hell outta me to know her daughter is Mariska Hargitay, The chick that plays on Law & Order as Olivia.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-08-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Darrianne Guest
    LOL - Whoever they are, they have apparently been by my house several times this year. Ew.

And I LOVED that pool, too.

erin Guest
    i loved her whole house. i think scott has some tiles from her pool!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    i loved her whole house. i think scott has some tiles from her pool!
    Yes he does. I am going to save up some time in my lifetime and get a pool like that! I might be 80 when it gets done but it will done.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    I know this forum is for celebrities, but it is about death right?

Well I would like for the person who decided not to swerve for the cute little skunk outside my house last night to step up and get this stinky lil butt outta my driveway. I do NOT want to have to suit up with a gas mask everytime I leave my house. COME GET IT!

Now for the real topic.....Jayne Mansfeild. I was highly jealous over the pool. She was beautiful and it shocked the hell outta me to know her daughter is Mariska Hargitay, The chick that plays on Law & Order as Olivia.

I am terribly sorry for the typo from the title. That word was suppose to be " For "
    Are you going to post a picture of the skunk? Sorry bad joke!!

I too was very shocked when I read about Jayne Mansfield on FAD to find out that Mariska Hargitay is her daughter. She was in the car too when the accident happened.

You know her house and her pool, THAT was Hollywood. The famous back in those days showed it and lived it. I just love everything old Hollywood. the celebrities then had "class" with a few of the bad boy/bad girls tossed in for good measure. I really think this new Hollywood leaves something to be desired.

miamore73 Guest
    I thought I read that Mariska was the only child not in the car when the accident happened.

I was talking to my husband just yesterday about how horrible it is that these old homes have been torn down to make room for newer houses. Lucy, Jaynes it's just sad. Who wouldn't want Lucy's house...I mean just to say this is Lucy's house.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by miamore73 View Post
    I thought I read that Mariska was the only child not in the car when the accident happened.

I was talking to my husband just yesterday about how horrible it is that these old homes have been torn down to make room for newer houses. Lucy, Jaynes it's just sad. Who wouldn't want Lucy's house...I mean just to say this is Lucy's house.
    FYI, this is from FAD:

After her gig, she and her companion and attorney Sam Brody, and the three little Hargitays left in the 1966 Buick Electra (owned by Gus Stevens himself), driven by Ronnie Harrison, who was only 20 years old.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I owe a special debt of gratitude to Jayne. I was watching her daughter Mariska on Ellen's talk show last month...since her mother came up, I had to google her....and that led me to FAD. I'm so grateful to have found the site...which I read every entry on before I ordered my Dearly Departed DVD...since then, have caught Scott on tv several times. Now, with this forum, I have found an entire new family, all you other death hags, who "get" me. Thank you Ellen...Mariska...Jayne...Scott...and everyone who takes the time to contribute to my fascination with the dearly departed!

Mariska is a dead ringer for her mom. They are both gorgeus. Mickey Hargitay passed recently, too.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Mariska is a dead ringer for her mom. They are both gorgeus. Mickey Hargitay passed recently, too.

Mickey went to the grave loving Jayne. He was still very much inlove with her.

So did Sid Luft. He worshipped the ground Judy walked on.

Bake Guest
    See, I just learned something, I didn't know Mickey Hargitay passed away!

So? How about a pic of the Skunks Mailbox?? Can we see that? LOL

Guest Guest
    Actually I did go out this morning to take wonderful pics of my new dead friend out in the driveway, only he wasn't there. Someone or something got it, took it, and is alas never to be seen again. Thank YOU! whatever or whoever you are. My nostrils are saying hail mary's.

Even if I was the one taking the pictures, how I was dressed and suited up was priceless and would have been a good internet laugh. Dish gloves, a broom handle, and metal dustpan, an apron and and literally cotton balls shoved up my nose.

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Actually I did go out this morning to take wonderful pics of my new dead friend out in the driveway, only he wasn't there. Someone or something got it, took it, and is alas never to be seen again. Thank YOU! whatever or whoever you are. My nostrils are saying hail mary's.

Even if I was the one taking the pictures, how I was dressed and suited up was priceless and would have been a good internet laugh. Dish gloves, a broom handle, and metal dustpan, an apron and and literally cotton balls shoved up my nose.
    THAT was a pretty sight!! Bet that skunk saw you comin for him and got up and ran!!! LOL

Jayne Mansfield

Who can forget Jayne Mansfield? "The Girl Can't Help It" - classic!

Altho a tragic death, caught under the wheels of a mosquito-sprayer truck. Some insist she was beheaded in the crash, while others say is was just part of her wig (or scalp!) that was found by the side of the road. And her poor little dog was killed in the crash also.

All three of her kids survived the crash - all fast asleep in the back seat of the car - including her look-alike daughter Mariska (who stars on Law & Order).

A truck driver once told me the bar that hangs down on the back of a tractor's trailer (the one that is red/white striped) is nicknamed, "The Mansfield Bar", since they were implemented after her death - to prevent any more cars being jammed up (hood first!) under the trailer - from behind!

When my mom moved out here from England, her and a friend held jobs as nannies. Her friend worked for a rich family in New Jersey, who hosted lavish parties where sometimes famous people would attend.

One guest turned out to be Jayne Mansfield (this was in the early 60's).
    My mom's friend said she got to talk to her at the party and found her to be very friendly, nice and intelligent - but she dressed like a tramp!

Zeenie Guest
    The song "Kiss Them For Me," by Siouxsie and the Banshees is for Jayne, and references the famous heart-shaped pool. I love that song!

BeanBoyGirl Guest
    Jayne made a pact with Anton Levey, she said she sold her life for fame along for fame for her daughter.

onehunglow Guest

She kept her head

Scott has a new post of the mortician saying she did not have her head missing. On the JM listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeenie View Post
    The song "Kiss Them For Me," by Siouxsie and the Banshees is for Jayne, and references the famous heart-shaped pool. I love that song!
    That's a great song! I love Siouxsie...

Zeenie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    That's a great song! I love Siouxsie...

She is my all-time fave...she just released a new solo album, it's brilliant!

Tugboat25 Guest
    "Dressing like a tramp".....Don't make you a bad person!

leppchic Guest
    As Scott says on her bio, she was scalped. Not decapated. It amazes me that her three children survived that since the three in the front (and her beloved dog) died. I love watching SVU it is one of my favorite shows. I can feel her pain, my dad died when I was six. It is hard to grow up without a parent even if you don't remember much. Jayne was a beautiful woman. Those pics even for me were hard to see, moslty because I knew her kids must have seen it and wondered what happened. At their age they don't understand death is permanent. But she has a wonderful carier. She is my fave I am just waiting as many for Elliot and and Olivia to just get together and stop dragging it out! But it has been said that none of them suffered. It always sucks when a parent dies and leaves children behind especially at young ages. Then her dad died last year. She is a survivor.
    Last edited by leppchic; 10-24-2007 at 12:09 PM.

susalu Guest
    Hmmm... imdb says... Mariska

"Has a zig-zag scar down the side of her head from the 1967 crash that killed her mother, Jayne Mansfield. She was only three years old when she was involved in the crash and has no memory of the event."

Looks like she has a couple of things in common with Harry Potter, no?

Susan

GODDESS6 Guest
    i love jayne, she was a real beauty~ she had a house in vegas also~ my grandma took me to tour it in the 80's~ it also had a heart-shaped pool~

Vangoghsear Guest

Talking Mariska

look alike daughter, are you high? She looks practically hispanic compared to her mom. Mariska definately favors her father and personally i think she is better looking too, not that i would kick either out of bed for eating crackers.

GODDESS6 Guest
    mariska is a babe, but definitely favors her father's side~

Quote Originally Posted by Vangoghsear View Post
    look alike daughter, are you high? She looks practically hispanic compared to her mom. Mariska definately favors her father and personally i think she is better looking too, not that i would kick either out of bed for eating crackers.
    I think she does look like her mom - just with dark hair and eyes.

susalu Guest
    I agree with you Aries... I think she looks alot like her mom... The hair color is inconsequential... And when she is glammed up, Mariska looks even more like her mom...

So, any dispute now?
    Last edited by Aries65; 10-13-2007 at 11:21 AM.

Vangoghsear Guest

um, yeah

um , yeah, hair color, eye color, skin tone, overall physical build, even her mother's cheekbones are far softer then her's. Jayne's chin is also far sharper and pronounced then her's; and lets certainly not fail to mention that Mariska's chest isn't capable of housing a family of dwarves like her mother's would. It would just be able to hold my face, which would be MORE then acceptable.

So, any dispute now?
    Last edited by Vangoghsear; 10-13-2007 at 12:13 PM.

Well, in MY eyes, I see the resemblance. I guess that's just me and maybe a few others here...

And like I said a few posts ago - she looks like her mother just with dark hair and eyes.

Vangoghsear Guest
    Well, in MY eyes, I see the resemblance. I guess that's just me and maybe a few others here...

And like I said a few posts ago - she looks like her mother just with dark hair and eyes.

oh who cares, lets just agree both are hot and i would give most anything for a hour with either of them. (or two with Mariska)

Quote Originally Posted by Vangoghsear View Post
    oh who cares, lets just agree both are hot and i would give most anything for a hour with either of them. (or two with Mariska)
    Okay that's fair, but I'll take Mariska - since Jayne is a bit "ripe" these days...

Lisamarie Guest
    I live down near to were she died. I still have yet to really stop beforebut whenever I travel down that way I always think about her. I loved her she waas a sweet lady . I read someplace that one os the people who moved her body said something along the lines of he would never forget the look on her face and there was`also something else about her body he would never mention due to respect for the family.....anyone know what this could be?? I dont know where I saw that maybe even fad.....anyway any ideas?????

35. 10-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Mariska and her two siblings were lying down in the back seat which
    I read, probably saved their lives.

Hi, All.
    My first post.
    I also live near the "Rigolets", the accident site. I've never visited there but will one day. Jayne played her "last gig" just two blocks from where I live in Biloxi, Ms, at Gus Steven's Supper Club. In the 50's and 60's, Gus had a "happening" place. Elvis appeared there as well as Jayne and other stars. There was lots of illegal gambling and prostitution here in those days; and the authorities didn't seem to "notice". I guess some dollar bills distracted them. Today; the gambling; at least; is legal. The original "Supper Club" was either torn down or destroyed by hurricane Camille in '69; and the beach wear store that replaced it was destroyed by hurricane Katrina in 2005. Although young at the time; I remember the news of Jayne's death and the reports of decapitation; which seem to be false. I recall my father using the 60's slang to describe Jayne as a "sexpot". It seems that she would agree to an interview while in a swimming pool and then "accidentily" lose the top of her swimsuit. I'm sorry for such a long first post and I have to say to Scott, thanks. I finally read and re-read; every thing on FAD, and then I read it again; and again. Then I read it again. And now we have a forum; which means that I can't get tired of this site and focus on the work I need to do; I'll have to keep looking in on Scott.
    Thanks all; for tolerating this long post.

JimC

onehunglow Guest

There wasn't much face left

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I live down near to were she died. I still have yet to really stop beforebut whenever I travel down that way I always think about her. I loved her she waas a sweet lady . I read someplace that one os the people who moved her body said something along the lines of he would never forget the look on her face and there was`also something else about her body he would never mention due to respect for the family.....anyone know what this could be?? I dont know where I saw that maybe even fad.....anyway any ideas?????
    She lost her wig and maybe had her head shaved. But she did a face first into a truck and was scalped. She had her clothes on, and not many knew she wore wigs. Back then that was seen as tacky. Dolly Parton pushed them into acceptance. But in 67 a wig was a bad word.

I'll bet not to many people were eyeballing her wigs back then.
    The series of pics of her and sophia loren are a classic.
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

Lisamarie Guest
    hey to jim c!!! Hi neighbor glad there is so one close by who is a fellow death hag!

1karenhb Guest
    Welcome JimC! Thanks for the info. I still remember when she was killed. Her Pink Mansion on Sunset Blvd. was owned for many years by Englebert Humperdinck. When he sold it, the new owners tore it down to build another McMansion. It was such a landmark on Sunset. I happened to drive by mid-demolition. Made me feel very sad.

RoRo Guest
    I remember years ago (89) being in St Agustine Fl and there was a place called the American Tragedy Museum ( long gone now), anyway, they had Jayne's death car on display there, what a mess! ..that was what started me on my journey of finding out about celeb deaths

HETFIELD Guest
    they look nothing alike

GODDESS6 Guest

So, any dispute now?
    after seeing these pics besides each other, i stand corrected, she does look alot like her mother~

mommafreak Guest
    Jayne has always been a fav actress of mine. Not until I started watching SVU did I make the connection. Jayne was such a classic beauty. Such a hollywood starlet. Not like the ones today, although, there are a chosen few in my opinion, but not like the Rita Hayward, Audry Hepburn, Jayne Mansfield, Raquel Welch, etc of times gone by. Glamour, Classy, Sophisticated is gone by the wayside. Those who still carry it need to teach it to the younger crowd of hollywood. At least I don't have visions of an old wrinkled Jayne in my mind. Forever young shall she be.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JayneFan View Post
    This message is in reference to Mariska and Jayne. While Mickey Hargitay was Mariska's father in every way that counts, it has long been rumored that Nelson Sardelli is Mariska's biological father. In fact, there is a strong resemblence between Mariska and Nelson. Jayne and Nelson made a movie together 1963, and they also hooked up during that time. Jayne and Mickey's marriage was already in trouble. Mariska was born in January 1964. It has also been rumored that Mickey knew Mariska wasn't his biological daughter, but who knows? It would be interesting to see if Mariska ever talks about this publicly someday to confirm or deny the rumor, but there's a chance she never will.
    I googled Nelson Sardelli to see if they looked alike, the results were shocking !!! As Maury would say In the case of Mariska, Nelson you are the father!!!!!!! I don't mean to make light out of the subject but thats what I thought when I seen the two together. Mickey Hargity seemed so in love with Jayne poor guy.

tngirl1967 Guest

Question Crash site

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Hi, All.
    My first post.
    I also live near the "Rigolets", the accident site. I've never visited there but will one day. Jayne played her "last gig" just two blocks from where I live in Biloxi, Ms, at Gus Steven's Supper Club. In the 50's and 60's, Gus had a "happening" place. Elvis appeared there as well as Jayne and other stars. There was lots of illegal gambling and prostitution here in those days; and the authorities didn't seem to "notice". I guess some dollar bills distracted them. Today; the gambling; at least; is legal. The original "Supper Club" was either torn down or destroyed by hurricane Camille in '69; and the beach wear store that replaced it was destroyed by hurricane Katrina in 2005. Although young at the time; I remember the news of Jayne's death and the reports of decapitation; which seem to be false. I recall my father using the 60's slang to describe Jayne as a "sexpot". It seems that she would agree to an interview while in a swimming pool and then "accidentily" lose the top of her swimsuit. I'm sorry for such a long first post and I have to say to Scott, thanks. I finally read and re-read; every thing on FAD, and then I read it again; and again. Then I read it again. And now we have a forum; which means that I can't get tired of this site and focus on the work I need to do; I'll have to keep looking in on Scott.
    Thanks all; for tolerating this long post.

JimC
    I was in Lacombe, LA in August visiting my sister in law and we came back from the city that way one day because of all the traffic on the bridge, and we weren't in a hurry so we took the scenic way home. I saw a sign posted where the crash happened. Isn't that road now named after her???

Katie Guest
    These a wonderful stories!!

Could be, but not necessarily.
    IMO, MARISHKA looks like her mother. Neither man is a dead ringer for MARISHKA, but the mother has the same mandible/jawline, the same nose, the indentation on the bridge of the nose between the eyes, similiarly shaped upper face. JAYNE'S genes must've been the stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Could be, but not necessarily.
    IMO, MARISHKA looks like her mother. Neither man is a dead ringer for MARISHKA, but the mother has the same mandible/jawline, the same nose, the indentation on the bridge of the nose between the eyes, similiarly shaped upper face. JAYNE'S genes must've been the stronger.
    Thank you!

Talking

So, any dispute now?
    i think she looks more like aries65 lol j/k!!!
    pull the string!

52. 10-17-2007, 05:34 PM

53. 10-17-2007, 05:38 PM