Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayne Mansfield

I think Mariska looks like Nelson Sardelli. Could be her father.

2. 10-18-2007, 05:09 PM

nice pic...thx

JeffD Guest
    Pics of Jayne: Always welcome!

5. 10-18-2007, 05:15 PM

sp87237 Guest
    Great picture! Thanks for sharing!!

Diane C.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JayneFan View Post
    I'll post more later.
    Please do! Tragic what happened.

She was a babe...

Darrianne Guest
    Wow..thanks for sharing that. I don't believe I have ever seen it. Working that white dress....she was beautiful.

tjrih Guest
    She looked so much like Anna Nicole.

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Please do! Tragic what happened.

She was a babe...

You never heard the story? She was in a horrible auto acciddent. Rumors surfaced that she was decapitated but it wasn't quite as server as that. (She did die though) Doesn't she look or I should say didn't Anna look alot like her?

TNpuck Guest
    What a shame, what happened to Jane...

SuburbanDeathHag Guest
    If you look at the pictures of the accident, it looks like her head came off, but it was just her blonde hair piece. What a mess that was! Her little dog got killed too.

My parents saw performing in something or other at the old
    PAINTERS MILL MUSIC FAIR 2,3 years before she died. My mother said that JAYNE came out into the audience and sat in some guy's lap while she sang a song. My mother was about 5 feet from her, and said that she had gorgeous skin. Mom said that she'd never thought about her one way or the other before, but that MANSFIELD was very good that night and kept the folks well entertained.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Isn't there a photograph of Jayne kneeling before Anton LeVey and sipping something from a chalice? I think it was a satanic ceremony.
    I swear I saw that somewhere.

Yep, I've seen that one. Creepy. What was she thinking ?
    BARBARA McNAIR, SAMMY DAVIS JR. were also followers of his for a while. In the picture, if I recall correctly, JAYNE is drinking from a goblet, like someone taking communion.

16. 10-18-2007, 07:27 PM

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Yep, I've seen that one. Creepy. What was she thinking ?
    BARBARA McNAIR, SAMMY DAVIS JR. were also followers of his for a while. In the picture, if I recall correctly, JAYNE is drinking from a goblet, like someone taking communion.
    Exactly right Kelt. I knew I wasn't imagining it.
    It's a creepy picture for sure. Why would anyone mess with that scary stuff in the first place?

Jack Raines Guest
    I think the Gus Stevens Supper club where she had her last performance was destroyed in Hurricane Camille, but they re-built it (and closed some time in the 1970s) and the second location was later turned into Surf Style shop on Highway 90 (which was fucked up in Katrina but has already re-opened). My brother used to work at Surf Style and said the place was haunted (but he didn't anything about it supposedly being the former Gus Stevens club). Its sad how little most people in Biloxi know about this, even I just recently started trying to find out shit about it.
    Last edited by Jack Raines; 10-18-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    Isn't there a photograph of Jayne kneeling before Anton LeVey and sipping something from a chalice? I think it was a satanic ceremony.
    I swear I saw that somewhere.
    Legend is that Sam Brody hated Anton LeVey.

So one night Sam and Jayne visited Anton and Sam fondled some black nude carved lit candles so Anton put a curse on Sam saying he would die in a year. He warned Jaynes she could also die if she didn't stay away from Sam.

I am sure this is a bullshit story but I did get it out of a book!

Just thought I would add it to the post.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Interesting Danny but I still wonder why people even bothered with that creepy LeVey character.
    I wouldn't want to live in his neighborhood, let alone go over to his house.

Legend is that Sam Brody hated Anton LeVey.

So one night Sam and Jayne visited Anton and Sam fondled some black nude carved lit candles so Anton put a curse on Sam saying he would die in a year. He warned Jaynes she could also die if she didn't stay away from Sam.

I am sure this is a bullshit story but I did get it out of a book!

Just thought I would add it to the post.
    LaVey claimed that he'd needed a photograph of SAM BRODY for one of his incantations and cut one out from something or other. Later he realized that JAYNE'S image was on the other side of it and that he'd cut off her head when he'd used the scissors.

Lisamarie Guest
    Im so glad you posted that pic , I live in New Orleans and whenever I go that way I think of her....I have always wondered what kind of show she put on and have talked to some old timers that remeber seeing her perform that night. Its so hard to imagin a ledgend bit the big one just down the street...the death pics are amazing...I would love to see the autopsy pics....the accident pics are not too clear..you can just make out alittle of her face...whats left...hey anyone know anyone who saw her show that night ? Would love to hear about it! Poor Jayn! She was beautiful! Post more pics form that night if you have them. thats amazing thanks!

Danny62 Guest
    Here is some info on LaVey and Jayne:

http://www.goodfight.org/hwjmansfield.html

mommafreak Guest
    amazing photo. i've seen alot of photos of jayne, doing some project with my kids on crimes, therefore, researching her daughters tv show Law and Order:SVU. I was on a Jayne kick for a while, trying to find out all I could. But thanks for posting the white dress. Yea, Anna Nicole favored her.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    ...the death pics are amazing...I would love to see the autopsy pics....the accident pics are not too clear..you can just make out alittle of her face...whats left...
    Anyone have a link for those accident pics Lisamarie is talking about here?

Bake Guest
    she was gorgeous!
    Have you noticed something, Jayne and even Marilyn Monroe, they were not "stick thin" ladies, they were voluptuous (I like that word!! sorry I'm sure the spelling is wrong), THATS why I like what I call old Hollywood...they were not so fake as now a days...they were sexy at any size!!

alexmack Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrih View Post
    She looked so much like Anna Nicole.
    With all do respect....
    Anna Nicole looked like Jayne. Not the other way around.

StricklandFOREVER Guest
    Why do I feel so bad for her little dog.........I always cry when pets die.....

Bake Guest
    LaVey claimed that he'd needed a photograph of SAM BRODY for one of his incantations and cut one out from something or other. Later he realized that JAYNE'S image was on the other side of it and that he'd cut off her head when he'd used the scissors.
    Now THATS freaky...

Love this shot. SOPHIA LOREN looks down her nose
    at JAYNE MANSFIELD.
    This shot was taken during a 'Welcome To Hollywood' party given for LOREN in 1957. MANSFIELD was NOT invited but crashed the party and created a sensation with her low cut dress and lack of undergarments.

Love this shot. SOPHIA LOREN looks down her nose
    at JAYNE MANSFIELD.
    This shot was taken during a 'Welcome To Hollywood' party given for LOREN in 1957. MANSFIELD was NOT invited but crashed the party and created a sensation with her low cut dress and lack of undergarments.
    Either Sophia is a "Sappho", or just "admiring" what she wished she had!

Bake Guest
    sure don't look like to me that Sophia is looking down her nose...more like looking down Jayne's dress! I can see Mariska's face in this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    sure don't look like to me that Sophia is looking down her nose...more like looking down Jayne's dress! I can see Mariska's face in this one...
    I totally agree. I saw that pic years ago (maybe in Hollywood Babylon?) and that's the first thing I noticed!

Yeah, everytime I see Mariska on Law & Order, I think of her mother. I just see her mother in her eyes and mouth.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Here is some info on LaVey and Jayne:

http://www.goodfight.org/hwjmansfield.html
    I knew Jayne was a satanist but I didn't know she was That much into it.
    That was an interesting read. She was sure carried away with satan.
    I wonder if she got the damnation she had to know was her future after a satanic life on earth.

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I totally agree. I saw that pic years ago (maybe in Hollywood Babylon?) and that's the first thing I noticed!

Yeah, everytime I see Mariska on Law & Order, I think of her mother. I just see her mother in her eyes and mouth.

Ditto....and come on folks....if you had those puppies in your face you`d be looking like Sophia too.....frankly I`d be so amazed, I`d have probably looked goofier than that....

Tugboat25 Guest
    Here's the pic of Mansfield and LaVey at a black mass.
    Jayne really was serious about satanism, that much is sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anton_LaVey_and_Jayne_Mansfield_1.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	56  

Jill-the-Ripper Guest
    Aries, the accident pix are on this link:
    http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/m/Mansfield/dead%20jayne.htm

mike Guest
    Yes I see Mariska's too.

Here's the pic of Mansfield and LaVey at a black mass.
    Jayne really was serious about satanism, that much is sure.
    Yikes! I wonder if she was actually drinking BLOOD?

Quote Originally Posted by Jill-the-Ripper View Post
    Aries, the accident pix are on this link:
    http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/m...ad%20jayne.htm
    Thanks Jill!

Wow, poor Brody's face/head is smashed up against the dash!

And it's obvious that Jane was NOT decapitated. Her head is still attached.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Don't you just love Anton's cute little horns??
    (I guess satan never told poor little Anton just how ridiculous he looked).

Don't you just love Anton's cute little horns??
    (I guess satan never told poor little Anton just how ridiculous he looked).
    Every actor has their "niche" I guess...

43. 10-19-2007, 12:51 PM

SanDiegodeathhag19 Guest
    anyone have that anton lavey / jayne mansfield photo?
    EDIT: NEVERMIND! I SEE IT THANKS!

45. 10-19-2007, 01:28 PM

reddawn17 Guest
    There are some really good pics of what the the car looked like post-wreck. You can see Jayne's blood all over the side of the car.
    Pretty horrific...

http://halloweensunseen.com/jaynemansfield.html

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JayneFan View Post
    For those who want to see more. Here is Jayne in March 1967....keeping up with the times and looking fabulous....just three months before she died.
    Hey thanks for the pic!!!

Dan

RubySlippers Guest
    I can't get over how much her daughter looks like her. AND her grandson.
    Beautiful.

firegilnotguns Guest
    You could just go ahead and post that in the thread where you posted the other Jayne photo, or in the Jayne Mansfield thread - you don't have to start a new one for it (not trying to be a jerk, just trying to be helpful!)
    Last edited by firegilnotguns; 10-19-2007 at 03:01 PM.

jayne and sophia

Quote Originally Posted by Bake View Post
    here are some other angles of that famous encounter. sophia looks pretty nice too!
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

Lets be honest, if jayne hiccuped sophia might have lost an eye!
    Last edited by hrhdiesel; 10-23-2007 at 02:14 AM.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Was Jayne trying to copy Mae West or was Mae West trying to copy Jayne?

Which was it?

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hrhdiesel View Post
    Lets be honest, if jayne hiccuped sophia might have lost an eye!
    lol, i love thos comment...so true...~

thanx to everyone who posted pix, she was frickin' smoking!!!~

goldil Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susalu View Post
    Hmmm... imdb says... Mariska

"Has a zig-zag scar down the side of her head from the 1967 crash that killed her mother, Jayne Mansfield. She was only three years old when she was involved in the crash and has no memory of the event."
    I wonder if her injuries affected her forehead as well. If you watch SVU eps from Season 1, only half of her forehead functions (like when she raises her eyebrows, half of her forehead moves and wrinkles). After Season 1, none of her forehead functions. Botox!

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Im so glad you posted that pic , I live in New Orleans and whenever I go that way I think of her....I have always wondered what kind of show she put on and have talked to some old timers that remeber seeing her perform that night. Its so hard to imagin a ledgend bit the big one just down the street...the death pics are amazing...I would love to see the autopsy pics....the accident pics are not too clear..you can just make out alittle of her face...whats left...hey anyone know anyone who saw her show that night ? Would love to hear about it! Poor Jayn! She was beautiful! Post more pics form that night if you have them. thats amazing thanks!
    - Hi, another one here from New Orleans. I posted this in another thread, but when I was a kid my mom worked at the New Orleans (Now Louis Armstrong Int'l) Airport, and the story was that while Jayne Mansfield's (supposedly) decapitated body was waiting at the airport for transport to the funeral-- some baggage handlers fondled her famous bosom. To this day, I think about that whenever I hear mansfield's name, since that's all I knew of her until I was an adult. Kind of a nasty rumor, but it was rampant at the time.