Thread: Autistic teen kills family with semi-automatic rifle

Autistic teen kills family with semi-automatic rifle

Happened on New Year's in a Jersey Shore town. Did they learn nothing from Sandy Hook ??

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3731274

I don't know, what is wrong with these people. I feel for the family members left alive to pick up the pieces of such an enormous tragedy. RIP to this family, gone well before their time should have been up.

That's awful. I wonder what made him do it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    That's awful. I wonder what made him do it?
    I think with autistic people, any little thing can set them off. With this in mind, I don't get why you would keep a gun in the house, especially one that can obviously be accessed quickly and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    I think with autistic people, any little thing can set them off. With this in mind, I don't get why you would keep a gun in the house, especially one that can obviously be accessed quickly and easily.
    That's true. I have a nephew who is autistic and he flips like a switch. One second he can be fine, the next it's like he's been possessed by a demon, hits and smashes everything in sight then a minute late he's back to the sweet loving 12-year-old he usually is. Because of this, anything that he can use that will hurt himself or others is kept well away. Depending on how severe the boy was, you would assume his family would have done the same with especially with something so lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    That's true. I have a nephew who is autistic and he flips like a switch. One second he can be fine, the next it's like he's been possessed by a demon, hits and smashes everything in sight then a minute late he's back to the sweet loving 12-year-old he usually is. Because of this, anything that he can use that will hurt himself or others is kept well away. Depending on how severe the boy was, you would assume his family would have done the same with especially with something so lethal.
    Well I suppose they learnt their lesson in the worst possible way.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    sounds terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    sounds terrible.
    It's definitely not a walk in the park lol. What makes it worse though is into the bargain he only has the mental capacity of a four-year-old yet has the strength of a 20 stone man. He has his episodes then afterwards has a meltdown asking his mum why he's been such a bad boy so he obviously knows what he's doing but can't stop it.

I don't know what part of the spectrum Scott was on or how severe he was but it makes he wonder if he actually understood what he had done or if it was something deliberate.