Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What song scared you as a kid.

bunny Guest
    THATS IT!!!! Scared the shit out of me...still does hahah Merry F*CKING Christmas with that horrible song hahahahah

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    that Christmas one with the BELLS...damn what is the name...hate it to this day
    "Carol Of The Bells"
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    mmmmm, I don't know if that's the one. I seem to remember it being a man singing it and it was a bit of a folk song. It was really popular though and they played it all the time. And probably more in the mid to late 60's.

I loved Mamma Cass. (Scott shows the house she used to live in on his Helter Skelter tour.)
    Eve of Destruction by Barry McGuire? That one was a total bummer...words, delivery, everything. I remember listening to that one as a kid, and being just a little scared....but mostly thinking, "What is this lunatic's problem?"

lab_rat Guest
    [quote="What Tha....?";386659]"Carol Of The Bells"[/quote]

This is the one that is on the radio all the time:

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savatage"]Savatage[/URL] and side project The Trans-Siberian Orchestra have a done a popular remake entitled "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo (12/24)" that plays on many radio stations around Christmas.

haha ya I think that stupid Christmas song starts out sing christmas bells...or somthing stupid like that hahah
    I think it's called Carol of the Bells.

KatBChev Guest
    It was definitely before my time, but that sappy sappy song "Honey". I think Bobby Goldsboro sings it, "and honey I miss you" with a choir of angels in the background (yes, it still freaked me out). I don't know who in the hell in my household was playing that crap.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    The "Dark Shadows" theme. Deeply disturbing to a 6-year-old.

Armcast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KatBChev View Post
    It was definitely before my time, but that sappy sappy song "Honey". I think Bobby Goldsboro sings it, "and honey I miss you" with a choir of angels in the background (yes, it still freaked me out). I don't know who in the hell in my household was playing that crap.
    oh shit I got a chill up my spine when I read this...that song was sooooo scary to me when I was a kid....the "angel" choir was creeeeeepy!

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    The "Dark Shadows" theme. Deeply disturbing to a 6-year-old.
    me too!
    But nothing beats the scariest song ever...."DOA" by Bloodrock....think I posted this early on, but it is a horrifying song.

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.

I remember my mum humming this when I was a kid and she told me the story behind the song --- about some guy losing his wife. It didn't only make me feel sad but freaked me out (And still does! Worse than watching the Exorcist/Omen movies put together). My first realization of death...via a lullaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Played at my aunt's funeral. She committed suicide. I can't even listen to this song.

I had never heard DOA. I will have to ask my husband if he remembers the song. He would have been in high school then, so maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by KatBChev View Post
    Gawd, my mother used to play that song incessantly. I had forgotten about it until this thread. It didn't creep me out, I just hated it because I thought it was sad. I might have to go find it online to listen to again. I don't remember the angel choir.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

A-train Guest
    Thriller, all the way. I remember watching the video when I was probably around 3 and being horrified. I looooved Michael Jackson back then too! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    I cannot remember any song that frightened me, but my folks used to get a big kick by showing me with the "Scary Man" album cover. That thing scared the beejabbers out of me when I was a young 'un.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    I cannot remember any song that frightened me, but my folks used to get a big kick by showing me with the "Scary Man" album cover. That thing scared the beejabbers out of me when I was a young 'un.

OMG, that is a scary album cover! It would've had me screaming, if I saw it as a child! What was Burl Ives thinking?

(is that John Elway in your signature picure? John Elway for president!)
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Another song that scared the crap out of me was "Revolution 9" by the Beatles. It still scares me to this day! Especially if you've heard of the "Paul is Dead" hoax, it's even scarier listening to it backwards.

"Number nine" backwards = "Turn me on, dead man"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

Mark Guest
    I was like scaed of weird voices. Here are two songs.

1999- Prince (the opening slowed down voice freaked me out)

Let's Groove- Earth, Wind & Fire (the keyboard sung voice)

My mother had a Barry White album. I was scared of his deep deep low voice.

Mark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouya Ohtori Ouran Host View Post
    Another song that scared the crap out of me was "Revolution 9" by the Beatles. It still scares me to this day! Especially if you've heard of the "Paul is Dead" hoax, it's even scarier listening to it backwards.

"Number nine" backwards = "Turn me on, dead man"
    Yeah it is pretty scary lol. I have a book called "The Walrus Was Paul." Really funny book, yet scary to read too. I took a tape recorded some of the songs backwards. What I did I recorded the songs, then took the tape out and played with it till it was set backwards.

I actually like the Beatles song "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" backwards better than forward.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post

LOL--does NOT look like Burl's having a "Holly Jolly" Christmas here--he looks like the devil! YIKES!

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I was like scaed of weird voices. Here are two songs.

1999- Prince (the opening slowed down voice freaked me out)

Let's Groove- Earth, Wind & Fire (the keyboard sung voice)

My mother had a Barry White album. I was scared of his deep deep low voice.
    you mean because it was unnatural, something that you had never heard before? I'm fascinated by deep, low voices. There's just something about them.

Damn, still trying to think of a song that scared me. Though I was told a story of someone listening to music in her room, which was black and she had just moved in, she's drifting off to sleep and then all you can hear all of a sudden is someone whispering, "lemme out, lemme out". Took her a while to realize it was coming from her CD and not from inside the wall.

Mark Guest
    Yep that was it Mr. Norris. I like the effect of slowed down voices now.

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Yep that was it Mr. Norris. I like the effect of slowed down voices now.

Sharmika Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    there aren't any songs that ever scared me. there are many that made me sad.
    Lots of songs made me sad, too!

The ones that scared me, thanks to the videos, were Torture by the Jackson 5, and of course, Thriller. Those zombies had the moves, but they scared the shit outta me.
    Last edited by Sharmika; 08-27-2008 at 05:54 PM.

bluebear71 Guest
    The theme song from In Search Of...

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I love that song and I love Helen Reddy.
    Me too! When I started going into my vinyl craze, that was the first album that I bought. My favorite song by her is " You and Me against The World".

that Christmas one with the BELLS...damn what is the name...hate it to this day

Everytime you hear it just change the lyrics to this:

ding-fries are done
    ding-fries are done
    ding-fries are done
    ding-fries are done
    i gotta run
    i gotta run
    i gotta run
    i gotta run
    i work @ buger king
    making flavored whoppers
    and wear paper hats
    would you like and apple pie with that?
    would you like and apple pie with that?
    where is the bell
    wait for the bell
    can't find the bell
    where is the bell?

ding fires are done
    ding fires are done
    ding fires are done...

or

la-la-la-la
    la-la-la-la
    look @ the bells
    look @ the bells
    holycrap here comes jesus
    and he doesn't look to happy!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

monroe27 Guest
    You know what else scared me as a kid? That damn sound effect in the beginning of the show "Current Affair". I can't even describe what that sounded like but it was scary!

When I was a kid, I was always scared of "Strawberry Fields Forever". I used to sit and play the "I buried Paul" section over and over. I was such a dork.

monroe27 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bellafreud View Post
    Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.

I remember my mum humming this when I was a kid and she told me the story behind the song --- about some guy losing his wife. It didn't only make me feel sad but freaked me out (And still does! Worse than watching the Exorcist/Omen movies put together). My first realization of death...via a lullaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have just listened to that song twice now, it is extremely sad, but I like it. That angel choir in the background is freaky tho.

bluebird14 Guest
    the theme from Unsolved Mysteries! My mom used to watch it in bed when it was on @ midnight...scared the bejesus out of me then, and when I dont expect it, scares me now!

George Bensons "Give Me The Night"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYJpr09IgQ
    T
    he spooky background female singers freaked me out. They sound so eerie esp. @ the end of the song.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    the theme from Unsolved Mysteries! My mom used to watch it in bed when it was on @ midnight...scared the bejesus out of me then, and when I dont expect it, scares me now!
    Yeah that was terrifying. I hated the night the lights went out in Georgia too.

havoc Guest
    Hands down. DOA by Bloodrock. Scared the wadding out of me......

Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Hands down. DOA by Bloodrock. Scared the wadding out of me......

Me too! Still spooks me whenever I fly.....

intothelight Guest
    I can't think of any off the top of my head but any song with children singing in it in a creepy way always creeps me out.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    The freakin' theme song for "Unsolved Mysteries". OMG Freaked me out. And Robert Stack's voice during that show was sooo creepy.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebird14 View Post
    haha Oh wow, I didn't see your post. I just posted from the first page. Yup, it's such a creepy theme song. I would turn all the lights on before going to my bedroom because I did NOT want to be in the dark.

JudyAnn Guest
    Re: Current Affair. I'd describe that animated prism as making a loud "chiiiigongggg!" sound. I'm saying this out loud now and believe me, I am spot on!

Listen: or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=IZ-CbWWbArg

The Screen Gems logo and the old Paramount logo/music and the PBS logo/music truly frightened me as a little girl.

Behold! Beware!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRhzJ...eature=related

One song that creeped me out as a teen was "Cry Little Sister," from "The Lost Boys" movie. I thought it sounded great, but it was SO creepy!

rjbrasher Guest
    Somebodys Watching me by Rockwell. I dont know why but it use to make me super super parinod hehehe

The soundtrack from Once upon a time in the west. Not so scary, but so depressing that I almost like to reach for a razorblade.
    Some people just need a high five.... in the face.... with a chair...

stephenmiller Guest
    How about the opening theme to Night Gallery?

Deathgoddess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat lady in training View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit it, but I was terrified of the Huey Lewis and the News song - The Heart of Rock and Roll.......

The video showed a heart beating in Huey's chest and everytime the song came on I'd scream and hide behind the couch....

I was born in 1981 btw.....
    This one scared me too, mostly because of the closets he would open in the video and one of them had a vampire (a fake phony vampire at that) I would always wait for that part so I could be scared. I also waited for him to say Oklahoma City and Tulsa in that song since I am from Oklahoma, it made me feel like a celebrity!

Deathgoddess Guest
    Another weird music thing that still scares me if the HBO music, the one they used to play when they had the lights coming together to form the letters HBO. For some reason it just sounded scary to me, must have been because I was watching inappropriate movies on that channel and I connected the music with those.

Anybody remember the song "In The Year 2525"? Still spooks me.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    Somebodys Watching me by Rockwell. I dont know why but it use to make me super super parinod hehehe
    HA! Loved your earlier post about this one. The song became a little less scary for me when GEICO Insurance over-abused it in their commercials...

The three that scared me were:
    - The theme to the original horror movie "Halloween" (creepy piano thing)
    - The end of "A Day In The Life" by the Beatles
    - When I was *really* little, "Conjunction Junction" from Schoolhouse Rock. The cartoon stages it as a wild-west showdown, and the "OR" ends the song, "ORRRR will I?!?" ...freaked me out every time
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Miri81 Guest
    I don't remember this, but I was told I was afraid of The Cure's "Lullaby", especially the video. Now, I love the song.

I would watch MTV to go to bed and when "Enter Sandman" by Metallica or "Sweet Dreams" by Marilyn Manson would come on, I'd change the channel. The video scared me. (wuss)

I also hated the Freddy Kruger song. (1, 2, Freddy's coming for you.) My cousin (the bitch) would sing it to me and scare the crap out of me.

Oh, and I would cover my face when "Thriller" came on MTV.
    Last edited by Miri81; 10-21-2011 at 08:37 PM.

For me, it was 'Riders on the Storm' by the Doors - "there's a killer on the road"...
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

I believe Bobbie Goldsboro sang that, yes, very creepy..."and honey, I miss you"
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Elle1996 Guest
    "For the Benefit of Mister Kite" by the beatles. Still weird.

Elle1996 Guest
    I think its called "For the benefit of Mr. kite" by the Beatles. Its about a circus I think but god only knows who Mr kite is. Is he the ringleader? i don't know but it's got this weird circus music playing over and over in the background at different speeds. Check it out if you can