Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What song scared you as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    you guys won't remember this, but the old 'slowly i turned' ditty.

'slowly i turned..... inch by inch step by step......'

it featured also in an old i love lucy in a clown routine (always scary clowns...)
    Just don't mention the name Martha.

onekindsistah Guest
    I don't think any songs freaked me out but I remember my little sister was scared of Thriller.

jimmy's One Guest
    Not sure who wrote.. but for me as a kid it was season in the sun...

those who dont remeber it it went like..

goodbye my friend its hard to die
    with all the birds singing in the sky
    now that my time has come

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy's One View Post
    Not sure who wrote.. but for me as a kid it was season in the sun...

those who dont remeber it it went like..

goodbye my friend its hard to die
    with all the birds singing in the sky
    now that my time has come

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun...
    Terry Jacks did that one.

I don't remember any songs themselves scaring me as a kid, although when the Thriller video came out I remember being horrified when Michael Jackson turned into a werewolf. The rest of the vid I loved.

I'm not a kid any more, but the beginning of Crass's 'Mother Earth' gives me the creeps, especially since the song is about Myra Hindley.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    "And they even used BON AMI!"
    Who are your heeroes?...let me reiterate that...

one of my all time fave movies!!!
    ad yeah- the organ music is fab! I put it on my Tunes to scare the anklebiters Halloween cd..
    bwahaahaa

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by msmojorisin84 View Post
    "They're Coming To Take Me Away" scared me shitless..still does. Oh, and circus music.
    Totally terrified me...
    in fact, it made me nauseous...I felt like I was gonna hurl!
    It's that kind of stamping sound that runs through out the song...like the zombies are comin' for me.
    And of course the singers voice.And the way the music veered off into a freaky whine..
    <shudder>
    The artist Napoleon the 13th wasn't it?

I seem to recall this line: I'll call the spca on you you mangy mutt!

kimba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    Yes he did, Endsleigh, at least....according to:
    http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2005
    That song rocked! I remember being about 7 years old, and totally convinced
    that I would be cannibilized in the darkness of my bedroom when I would go to sleep at night.

Timothy..timothy...where on earth did you go?
    Timothy...timothy...lord what do I knooooooooooow?!?!?!?
    It got a lot of airplay in Canada.

Slim Whitman-Indian Love call God that yodeling is a fate worse than death!!!
    My best friend in High School had a nightmare that he was trapped in a van after it fell off a cliff, and the tape deck kept playing "Mule Skinner Blues" by Dolly Parton over and over. He was REALLY bothered by it. Of course we got ahold of a copy...

I can't listen to a lot of songs, either because they are scary, or send me spiraling into a deep depression. Wildfire, Goodbye Blue Sky, Nights in White Satin, Last Kiss, Teddy Bear, Roses for Mama, Mama Liked the Roses, etc.

Yeah, if it has a person dying in the song, I probably can't listen. Except for "People Who Have Died". Interestingly, "Gone Away" by the Offspring is my ringtone.

Guest Guest
    Men at work's - Who can it be now........ every time someone knocked on the door....scared the hell out of me.......or maybe it was just his crazy eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQi4CAzmrA

Old country song-The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia. For some reason that freaked me out. Still makes me feel creepy just thinking about it now.

There is another old '70 song, some thing about-"that's the night Chicago died......" old pop-like 70ish song. I can only hear that partial line in my head.

Just drives me bat shit.

A. 'Cause I can't remember what the whole song sounds like.
    B. 'Cause it freaked me out

CRAP! found it-http://youtube.com/watch?v=p-L0NpaErkk
    Last edited by Gelfie68; 07-12-2008 at 08:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Nobody can hurt me without my permission"-Ghandi

Kevin - I mean, what's saving lives if there's no one to make out with?
    Daria - I believe Gandhi asked that same question.
    Jane - It's why he had to be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    When I was about 5 or 6, the instrumental 'Wolf' theme from "Peter and the Wolf" scared me silly. I was absolutely sure that the big, bad wolf would come out of another room and kill me.
    Hell yeah!
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I vaguely remember a song by Led Zepplin, that had, what sounded like a swarm of bees attacking in the beginning of it, it scared the heck out of me!

I don't remember the name of it, but it was a folk ballad popular back in the late 50s/early 60s about a littler girl named Cindy who fell in a well and could not be rescued. I was about 4, I guess, and I would listen to it on the radio, scared me to death and I still am terrified of falling into a well or a hole.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The Peter & the Wolf with David Bowie is a must have. Love it.

The video for Badfinger's 'Come and Get It' creeps me out. I don't know why. Maybe it's because a couple of them killed themselves. I also saw a Charles Manson docu where the girls were loading guns and sang the chorus.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

The Devil went down to Georgia..... I know. I'm a dork. But it scared me. I had to pray when it came on the radio.

SEL2323 Guest
    The song This One Goes Out To The One I Love by REM used to freak me out! I like the song but something about the vibe of it, just makes my skin crawl. dont know why,

mrnorrischangestrains Guest
    None for me personally, though I seem to be able to regress into past lives just by hearing certain songs, which in turn freaks out some of my friends.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    I had 2 that would scare me. One was, I think it's an old Irish Folk Song. It's called "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean". I used to think it was called "My BODY Lies Over The Ocean"! I thought it was a song about a ghost looking for his body. Especially the line "Bring back, bring back, bring back my body (Bonnie) to me"!
    The other one is called "Laurie". I can't remember who sang it, but it was a song popular in the late 60's. It was all about a guy who met a girl at a dance, and when he walked her home, he lent her his sweater,because she said she was very cold. He left her at her door, walked away, then remembered he needed to get his sweater back. When Laurie's father answered the door, he told him who he was and that he wanted to get his sweater back. The father then said that Laurie died a year ago, coming home from a dance all alone. Then, the father tells the guy where Laurie's grave is. The guy then goes to Laurie's grave and finds his sweater lying on top of her grave!
    Man, did the story in that song give me the creeps!
    BTW, here's a clip of the song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0N4n...eature=related
    Last edited by "What Tha....?"; 08-13-2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added link
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Okay, I just found out Dickie Lee did "Laurie". Same guy who did "Patches". He was a singing Death Hag, I guess?
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Desertrose Guest
    Anything by Mariah Carey. And I hate Tubular Bells. Songs don't scare me so much, but some singers sure do!

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    I had 2 that would scare me. One was, I think it's an old Irish Folk Song. It's called "My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean". I used to think it was called "My BODY Lies Over The Ocean"! I thought it was a song about a ghost looking for his body. Especially the line "Bring back, bring back, bring back my body (Bonnie) to me"!
    The other one is called "Laurie". I can't remember who sang it, but it was a song popular in the late 60's. It was all about a guy who met a girl at a dance, and when he walked her home, he lent her his sweater,because she said she was very cold. He left her at her door, walked away, then remembered he needed to get his sweater back. When Laurie's father answered the door, he told him who he was and that he wanted to get his sweater back. The father then said that Laurie died a year ago, coming home from a dance all alone. Then, the father tells the guy where Laurie's grave is. The guy then goes to Laurie's grave and finds his sweater lying on top of her grave!
    Man, did the story in that song give me the creeps!
    BTW, here's a clip of the song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0N4n...eature=related
    just for that, I love you even though I don't know who you are. Laurie is amazingly haunting. Patches isn't that bad either but Laurie . . . even with the context of the song written out here, it sent shivers down my spine. No wonder you were scared as a kid, would have sent me running.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne30 View Post
    Theme music to Dark Shadows

I loved that introduction....so cool.

Rudy's Girl Guest
    The one and only Twilight Zone theme song. I remember one particular night when I was in bed. My mom was in the other room watching a rerun of the Twilight Zone. Just lying there, hearing that music in the dark..... The only thing I could see was the shadows of the trees on my curtains on a dark and windy night.......creepy.

I also had a friend who freaked at the Unsolved Mysteries theme song...

Wednesday Guest
    I have no idea why but the song #1 Crush by Garbage used to scare the crap out of me.
    It doesn't anymore, but something about it just.... gah

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Maxwell's Silver Hammer by the Beatles.
    Bang, Bang down upon her head...yuck! Well then at least, now I'm Beatle fanatic and love the song

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Oh yeah and the theme to the Exorsist. Still hate that one!!!!

jeca Guest
    The song that used to scare me was Ghost Riders in the Sky. It just used to freak me the hell out every time I heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    The song that used to scare me was Ghost Riders in the Sky. It just used to freak me the hell out every time I heard it.
    thank you for bringing that back. I mean it, I was singing the melody all this time and couldn't remember where I knew it from. I'm just glad I never really listened to it as a kid, that would have sent me right over the edge.

Seagorath Guest
    'Grandma Got Ran Over By a Reindeer'

I could never figure out WHY grandma had to suffer such a fate...I was deeply disturbed by this.

For a while, the Beatles' "Blue Jay Way" would scare me at night, but I got over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

gemini33 Guest
    Nights In White Satin. The song itself didn't creep me out, it's the little voice thingy at the end that still, to this day, gives me the creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by kimmer927 View Post
    Bloodrock's DOA
    AMEN! Actually, it didn't scare me, I just found it delightfully creepy. My brother had the record, and he finally insisted my mom buy me my own copy, because every time he'd play it, I'd hang around outside his bedroom door to listen.

Yep, death hags are born, not made.
    Just drink lots of Kool-Aid, and take one of these blue pills three times a day.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EthelMertz View Post
    The one and only Twilight Zone theme song. I remember one particular night when I was in bed. My mom was in the other room watching a rerun of the Twilight Zone. Just lying there, hearing that music in the dark..... The only thing I could see was the shadows of the trees on my curtains on a dark and windy night.......creepy.

I also had a friend who freaked at the Unsolved Mysteries theme song...

The Twilight Theme Freaked me out too. Very spooky. The shows were always the oddest stories but scary for a Child. As an Adult the song was the Theme from Jaws. It was so realistic with the Dundun Dundun Dundu.....Reslly, you thought that shark was headed down the Hallway to your bedroom. As an adult I think that was the only movie that actually gave me nightmares for a few days.

soonerpimp Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyMonger View Post
    D.O.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmer927 View Post
    Bloodrock's DOA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Damn! ScottyMonger beat me to it. D. O. A. That song came out when I was like ten, and it absolutely terrified me. I still can't listen to it without wigging slightly out. Knights In White Satin by the Moody Blues scared me if they played the "complete" version, where he does the poem (?) at the beginning. Hell, the whole song's weird as fuck. I like it but it used to completely scare me out of my mind and they ALWAYS played it late at night. Bad vibes for a ten or eleven year old!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    D.O.A. creeped me out as a kid, still does. Probably responsible for my fear of flight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW4 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

For your listening pleasure, I give you....D.O.A., by Bloodrock....

Amazing now to think this ever got airplay in 1971

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFGNMQeoo4Q
    We were flying low, and hit something in the air...........
    spookiest shit ever! and I thought no one would know which song I was talking about.

VSA Guest
    Rockwell and Michael Jackson's "Somebody's Watching Me"..now I get a kick out of it. The theme from Halloween (the original) still gives me the shivers.

When I was a child and living in California there was a song about a big earthquake and California falling off into the ocean. That scared the heck out of me. I think drowning would be a terrible way to die and I used to lie awake at night hoping we didn't have an earthquake while I was sleeping. Does anybody remember that song?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

07outlawgt Guest
    I don't know if you remember but during the 80's in the USA we had Crime Stoppers. It had this creepy theme song with it.

I was really little....but....Micheal Jackson's Thriller

Noelle Page Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by priceless View Post
    When I was a child and living in California there was a song about a big earthquake and California falling off into the ocean. That scared the heck out of me. I think drowning would be a terrible way to die and I used to lie awake at night hoping we didn't have an earthquake while I was sleeping. Does anybody remember that song?

Mama Cass did a song called "California Earthquake," early 70s:

I heard they exploded the underground blast
    They say its gonna happen - gonna happen at last
    That's the way it appears
    They tell me the faultline runs right through here

So that maybe that may be
    What's gonna happens gonna happen to me

Atlantis will rise, Sunset Boulevard will fall
    Where the beach used to be won't be nothing at all

What's gonna happen's gonna happen to me

???

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Mama Cass did a song called "California Earthquake," early 70s:

I heard they exploded the underground blast
    They say its gonna happen - gonna happen at last

What's gonna happens gonna happen to me

Atlantis will rise, Sunset Boulevard will fall
    Where the beach used to be won't be nothing at all

What's gonna happen's gonna happen to me

???

mmmmm, I don't know if that's the one. I seem to remember it being a man singing it and it was a bit of a folk song. It was really popular though and they played it all the time. And probably more in the mid to late 60's.

I loved Mamma Cass. (Scott shows the house she used to live in on his Helter Skelter tour.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    The song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler has been haunting me since the 2nd grade...it pretty much plays over and over in my head whenever I breakup with a girl... Kinda like today.

Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.

I remember my mum humming this when I was a kid and she told me the story behind the song --- about some guy losing his wife. It didn't only make me feel sad but freaked me out (And still does! Worse than watching the Exorcist/Omen movies put together). My first realization of death...via a lullaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about 'Hell is for Children" by Pat Benetar? I always hated that song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Armcast Guest
    Staying Alive freaked me out---it was the high-pitched voices...

Jack Raines Guest
    "People Are Strange" by the Doors.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Nights In White Satin. The song itself didn't creep me out, it's the little voice thingy at the end that still, to this day, gives me the creeps.
    Ooh, that's my favorite part of the song. It's called "Late Lament":

"Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
    Watch lights fade from every room
    Bedsitter people look back and lament
    Another day's useless energy spent

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one
    Lonely man cries for love, and has none
    New mother picks up and suckles her son
    Senior citizens wish they were young

Cold hearted orb that rules the night
    Removes the colors from our sight
    Red is gray, and yellow, white
    But we decide which is right,
    And which is an illusion"

Ooh, you're right, it is creepy!

bunny Guest
    that Christmas one with the BELLS...damn what is the name...hate it to this day

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    that Christmas one with the BELLS...damn what is the name...hate it to this day
    I love that song!! Damn if I can remember the name either.

lab_rat Guest
    OK, so technically I was not a kid when this came out, but "I Wanna Sex You Up" scares the hell out of me.

bunny Guest
    haha ya I think that stupid Christmas song starts out sing christmas bells...or somthing stupid like that hahah

51. 08-22-2008, 03:40 PM