Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa Lopes

knothere Guest
    damn now i gota wach the vid again

knothere Guest
    i didnt see a look

FoxMulder Guest
    She wasn't paying attention, sadly, and she wasn't wering her seatbelt. I was a huge TLC fan in the '90s and after seeing the documentary, she came across pretty arrogant and obnoxious. She was a mess, and if she had lived I doubt she would've been able to get over running over a kid. It's sad. She had a lot of potential and she was very talented.

tensecondstolove Guest
    Her death was tragic and she was sooo young. It made me feel very sad for her and her family. But I have to admit, she creeped me out when I saw that documentary The Last Days of Left Eye. Something about her really disturbed me. It was like she had a death wish or something. She left me really uneasy and it was clear that she had some big mental problems.

Reecy Guest
    What I saw was a young girl finding herself. She was trying to eat better, excercise and freeing herself from all the pain she endured prior to going there. I found her to be a good artist too. She had alot to say. She also bought some friends out there to share in her quest to find peace.

I did see the look in her face prior to the crash and it was so sad.

Also the young boy she killed just happened to have the last name Lopez. She mentioned it on the biography. She found it eerie too.

endsleigh03 Guest

Screwtape..

That litho is GORGEOUS.

goldil Guest
    Meh, she looked high to me. I suspect she had weed in the Coke tin.

TNpuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    She wasn't paying attention, sadly, and she wasn't wering her seatbelt. I was a huge TLC fan in the '90s and after seeing the documentary, she came across pretty arrogant and obnoxious. She was a mess, and if she had lived I doubt she would've been able to get over running over a kid. It's sad. She had a lot of potential and she was very talented.
    She was paying attention, she was swerving to avoid a car that had crossed lanes. As I understand it, she was the only one wearing a seatbelt.

goldil Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    She was paying attention, she was swerving to avoid a car that had crossed lanes. As I understand it, she was the only one wearing a seatbelt.
    Watch the video on her FAD page. She's not wearing a seatbelt.

TNpuck Guest
    It wasn't a shoulder strap seatbelt, but an old one that goes around the waist only. Watch "Last days of left eye", it clearly states she was wearing a belt.

TNpuck Guest
    This is from the FAD Lisa Lopes entry:

[SIZE=4]The original clip sent by Heather has been removed. It is also noted that Lisa was indeed wearing a seat belt, just not the shoulder kind, which is legal in the Honduras. This video was sent in by John Rizzo and Sharon. Thanks guys.[/SIZE]

I saw the clip on VH-1 when it aired and she was wearing a lap-belt, not the shoulder one.

monhol Guest
    lisa did feel a ghost was chasing her, actually death. she thought the spirit took the little boy,s life instead of hers. but i read in the sister2sister magazine that her mother, who was being interviewed by the mag, said she knew she was going to lose one of her children. she had 3 kids and all 3 were in the car when it crashed but lisa was the one to go. her mother knew she was the child that she was going to lose. she said she saw lisa's funeral in a vision. she knew what lisa would be wearing and that she would have no marks on her face. her mother went through life knowing she'd lose her daughter. that has to be hard.

monhol Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by goldil View Post
    Meh, she looked high to me. I suspect she had weed in the Coke tin.
    is that a photo of my man detective staybler also known as keller from oz?? if so it is beautiful!!

LeftEyeFan Guest
    I hope she at peace now RIP Lisa

LeftEyeFan Guest
    and she had numerology(sp?) in the coke tin

LeftEyeFan Guest
    numerology cards even

DannaMarie24 Guest

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    No, someone in the morgue put those on her. Those were some pretty weird looking PJs!

As for that "look" she gave, she almost looked as if she "knew" what was about to happen. Kind of weird...
    [SIZE=4]What I gathered from what I watched she knew her time was up. It was even stated that she thought death took the wrong person when they hit the little boy. And didn't he have the same initials as her?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I have to agree that she had a weird look on her face just befor the crash. But I think it was a peaceful look..something that she didn't have throught the filming.[/SIZE]

KristinEileen Guest

Question

I remember from the RockDoc that the beginning of each day they said what number it was and what it meant in numerology. Does anyone remember what day they were on and what it meant?

The whole this is just creepy, but I suppose when it's your time, it's your time. The group of people in the car with her were a singing group called Egypt, I think, and for them to not be wearing their seatbelts and survive is crazy. But if you look at the car it's obvious that most of the impact was on Lisa's side....

LeftEyeFan Guest
    I read somewhere that everyone survived apart from Lisa of course, but one member of the group Eygpt, was almost paralised and tried to sue the car company. Not sure how true this is though.

Lisamarie Guest
    I agree with everyone about the look on her face..I watched that frame by frame and was so shocked at the wierd look she gives the camera,its true she dose look as if she know whats about to happen. Im not gonna call her out for hitting the kid bacause its not my place at all...but do you guys think thats real? The spirit was looking for her and instead got this kid?? And then weeks later her as well....I heard a friend of mine saying if you watch the tape of her final moments its almost as if she swerves out of the way to avoid hitting someone. All of this can be taken out of contex and made more than what is really was ..an awful accident...But you guys have to admitt that look is very spooky! The whole thing is just odd...the suprised look on her face like she indeed sees something the screaming, its just a strange thing to see a persona final moments......but really cool!!!!!

Irishlass Guest
    I remember thinking the same..she indeed had a weird look on her face like she saw something frightning , but not related to the crash

MorbidMolly Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeenie View Post
    The accident with the boy happened a week or two before she died.
    I can`t believe I never knew this.....

DannaMarie24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    I agree with everyone about the look on her face..I watched that frame by frame and was so shocked at the wierd look she gives the camera,its true she dose look as if she know whats about to happen. Im not gonna call her out for hitting the kid bacause its not my place at all...but do you guys think thats real? The spirit was looking for her and instead got this kid?? And then weeks later her as well....I heard a friend of mine saying if you watch the tape of her final moments its almost as if she swerves out of the way to avoid hitting someone. All of this can be taken out of contex and made more than what is really was ..an awful accident...But you guys have to admitt that look is very spooky! The whole thing is just odd...the suprised look on her face like she indeed sees something the screaming, its just a strange thing to see a persona final moments......but really cool!!!!!
    [SIZE=4]Do I think death was looking for her and got the wrong person? I don't know but it sure looked like it. And to me it did look like she swerves to miss something. It didn't even look like she was driving that fast. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Also didn't she say a few time during the doc. that she dreamed death was after her?[/SIZE]

goldil Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by monhol View Post
    is that a photo of my man detective staybler also known as keller from oz?? if so it is beautiful!!
    Yes, indeed! The most beautiful man alive!

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
    i wish we knew more about the accident, i mean 1 minute she is driving along showing something to her passengers & then all of a sudden wham, it is all over, i did see the "look" on her face~ what was she swerving to try to avoid?, it all is just so weird to me~
    And that's all it takes one split second changes your world forever..

Lisamarie Guest
    I wonder why we never know she even had a death video?? Well maybe you guys did...but I had no clue...but it dose seem as though she swerves to miss something. So weird.

GODDESS6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    i mentioned something earlier about her swerving too right before~ it has been driving me crazy at times~

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    No, someone in the morgue put those on her. Those were some pretty weird looking PJs!
    [SIZE=3]Yes those freaky little monkeys - I've seen those in stores since seeing the photo and always think of her being laid out in them (at least temporarially).[/SIZE]

but she didn't hit the child wasn't it her PR person it said in the vh1 docu. It was a weird look she gave to the camera - quite sad really

doesn't she swerve to avoid hitting the other car?

SarahThirteen Guest
    I think the look she gave was just her looking at the camera nothing weird or spooky.. I do think she looked really tired.... you see her struggling to keep her eyes open.

Guest Guest
    whoa! I just youtubed it and wow! I watched the documentary when it was on VH1 and never noticed it..but the look was like "this is it...and I'm ok with that" spooky stuff and yes very ironic that she stated that the last year of her life she felt as if a spirit were after her and a boy with the same last name was killed the week before...but yes that look is something...goosebumps!

I have the same one in my room. I loved her. I was lucky enough to have seen TLC in concert, front row. It's something I'll never forget. She was a firecracker! Her dead hit me hard.

Does anyone know where I can download or watch the RockDoc episode in it's entirety online? I've looked all over. If anyone knows please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post

Lisamarie Guest
    what great posters you have~!

RaRaRamona Guest
    I agree that the look was spooky. I never knew abut the boy either. I wonder if she had given up on trying to survive?

37. 01-24-2008, 09:01 AM

melodylee Guest
    I know this post comes a little late, but thought I would share my experience. I actually got to "meet" Lopes years ago at a store I worked at. She came in right around closing time, and wanted to try a bunch of things on. Closing time at this store meant "get out, now". She promised she would be fast so they let her in. When I went to open the dressing room door I got a good look at her face and then I realized who she was. The one thing that sticks out in my mind is how tiny she was. At first I thought she was a little kid. She tried on (and fit into) all these clothes that were on sale because nobody could fit into them. They had been on the rack for ages. I would have chatted with her more if I had not been ready to go home.

I wonder if the look she has on her face is strange to us because we know what's about to happen.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by melodylee View Post

I wonder if the look she has on her face is strange to us because we know what's about to happen.
    I was shocked when I realized how tiny she really was too.

When I saw the doc, before I knew they were about o wreck, her face still seemed a little....weird. It was kind of uncomfortable to watch, her face.

lisalouver Guest
    I have always liked Lisa from way back in the day. She was beautiful and could sing like crazy.

I remember when I got the news, I was stunned. I put up the words from her rap on Waterfalls (the verse from her gravestone).

I have them there to this day.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    I have only seen the VH1 documentary on Lisa once, and that was enough for me. I cannot watch it anymore because of what everyone calls the strange look on her face before the crash. It is very haunting and is why I can't view this show again.

I was fortunate a few years ago to have a former co-worker make me a copy of her cd "Supernova". I didn't think I would like it before I gave it a listen but I absolutely love it! Her sound is totally different from the TLC group thing, but to me she stands out. One of my favorite tracks is "Untouchable". She includes a freestyle rap on it from the late Tupac Shakur, whom she once dated. It's kind of eerie to hear them on a song together, especially knowing the fate that both of them met. Unfortunately, they never released Supernova here in the States, so I don't know how my co-worker got it, but I am glad she shared!

Miss you Left Eye!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mstee2u1972 View Post
    I have only seen the VH1 documentary on Lisa once, and that was enough for me. I cannot watch it anymore because of what everyone calls the strange look on her face before the crash. It is very haunting and is why I can't view this show again.

I was fortunate a few years ago to have a former co-worker make me a copy of her cd "Supernova". I didn't think I would like it before I gave it a listen but I absolutely love it! Her sound is totally different from the TLC group thing, but to me she stands out. One of my favorite tracks is "Untouchable". She includes a freestyle rap on it from the late Tupac Shakur, whom she once dated. It's kind of eerie to hear them on a song together, especially knowing the fate that both of them met. Unfortunately, they never released Supernova here in the States, so I don't know how my co-worker got it, but I am glad she shared!

Miss you Left Eye!
    I didnt know lisa dated Tupac, cool bit of info.

Flowergrrl Guest
    I don't get what the look is. I've watched it for the umpteenth time and there is no clear shot whatsoever of her face right before the accident. And the one she gives in the beginning, well, I'll be nice and won't give my opinion on it.

She wasn't paying attention and lost control of the car.

Side note: That was not the only incident in which a car associated with her killed a child. Years ago, she had parked her car and left a friend (relative?) sitting in the car with their kid. The passenger decided to take the child out of the car seat and accidentally knocked the gear out and the car started rolling down the hill. The person jumped out with the baby but, severe trauma caused the child to die.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    That was not the only incident in which a car associated with her killed a child. Years ago, she had parked her car and left a friend (relative?) sitting in the car with their kid. The passenger decided to take the child out of the car seat and accidentally knocked the gear out and the car started rolling down the hill. The person jumped out with the baby but, severe trauma caused the child to die.
    Never heard that story, but even if it is true, how is that Lisa's fault?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Never heard that story, but even if it is true, how is that Lisa's fault?
    The story never blamed Lisa. It was just stating that there had been another accident involving a child's death and a car associated with her.

Edit to add: I don't know if the story is true or not... I found it when I was looking for information on the child killed in the Honduras accident.
    Last edited by Flowergrrl; 02-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.

endsleigh03 Guest
    She looks at the camera just seconds before she wrecks it's clear as day.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    She looks at the camera just seconds before she wrecks it's clear as day.
    I would have to see it again, I only saw it once, but I thought I saw it also.

dovescry1999 Guest
    Here's a clip from ou Tube from someones page. Sorry about the long link...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dO9Coz_gQ..._KcwNa5uYcIQi3

So sad, she does look tired

what i see in those eyes is pure arrogance--i don't think i would have liked her at all, and not one of those fools wearing a seat belt--
    pull the string!

lisalouver Guest
    I dunno, I think prior to losing control of the car, she looks like anyone who is driving a car.

What was with the coke tin again?

weight loss Guest
    She looked stoned to me.