Thread: Cardinal Bernard Law

Cardinal Bernard Law

He covered up a lot of sex abuse in the Catholic Church

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/cardina...obit-1.4457640

He should burn in hell, for what he did.
    Shame on all who let him do what he did.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    He should burn in hell, for what he did.
    Shame on all who let him do what he did.
    Mortal and otherwise?

I'd say that anyone who knew such things were happening and who took no swift and decisive action to immediately stop it are equally guilty of abuse as are the predatory clergy.
    Maybe even more so; as they in part enabled it to continue on a wide scale involving many clergy and many children.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Mortal and otherwise?

I'd say that anyone who knew such things were happening and who took no swift and decisive action to immediately stop it are equally guilty of abuse as are the predatory clergy.
    Maybe even more so; as they in part enabled it to continue on a wide scale involving many clergy and many children.
    I agree completely. Especially if some of the victims committed suicide as a result of the abuse they suffered. To me, everyone involved in the sex scandals and took no action to stop it immediately are accessories to murder. I cannot imagine someone, anyone, being able to look the other way, especially a Cardinal, who is supposed to be religious and is an expert on morality. And yes, I am Catholic, by the way.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I agree completely. Especially if some of the victims committed suicide as a result of the abuse they suffered. To me, everyone involved in the sex scandals and took no action to stop it immediately are accessories to murder. I cannot imagine someone, anyone, being able to look the other way, especially a Cardinal, who is supposed to be religious and is an expert on morality. And yes, I am Catholic, by the way.
    If a cop or a public official or almost anyone else knows of something like that and does nothing to stop it - in fact they try to hide it - they might be charged with a crime and go to jail.
    It's no different IMO than if the pedophile is just some guy across the street who lures in children and abuses them. You know what he's doing and don't stop it, you're an accessory at the least, I believe.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Have any of you guys seen "Spotlight"? It's about the investigative team at The Boston Globe who brought the story to light. It actually won the Best Picture Oscar a couple years ago. Somehow I had never heard of it until a couple weeks ago. Very good movie. It's on Netflix, or was last time I checked.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Have any of you guys seen "Spotlight"? It's about the investigative team at The Boston Globe who brought the story to light. It actually won the Best Picture Oscar a couple years ago. Somehow I had never heard of it until a couple weeks ago. Very good movie. It's on Netflix, or was last time I checked.
    I saw it, wish there was more movies about the
    Catholic Church cover up.

Sadly we would have to go back hundreds of years.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Straight outta Boston, and into the protective smothery embrace of the Vatican...

Well, at least his funeral was not exactly well-attended.

https://cruxnow.com/news-analysis/20...s-right-thing/

http://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2017...ra-bernard-law

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...MwMTk4NDQ4MwS2