Thread: My baby, Elvis.

My baby, Elvis.

For those of you who have been here from the beginning, it is with much sadness and extreme heartbreak that I have to tell you my beloved furbaby took his last breath in my arms at 3:05am mountain time.
    Elvis had a stroke almost three years ago that left him deaf and partially blind. He did bounce back but was never the same.
    He was one month shy of turning 11 and if he had lived, would have seen me turn 10 years sober on January 31st. When this forum first started, I was still getting loaded and Elvis was just a puppy. He and this forum were all I had when I made the decision to surrender. I like to think he knew that I was okay now. I will be, eventually. I see a lot of crying and emotional regulating for the coming weeks and, when the time is right...I will be ready to love another dog again. Elvis was the first baby I had where I was present for his life and held him on his way to the Bridge. I hope he knew I was there and how much I absolutely adored him.
    Goodnight, my sweet boy. Mommy loves you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

R.I.P. Elvis

i'm so sorry. made me have tears **hugs***

I understand your pain. It hurts your heart so much. He knew you were there with him. Hugs to you.

awww hugs I am so sorry, didn't know we could put pets here in Notable figures, if I had known that I would have put my fur baby, kitty.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's bad enough to lose a loved one, but during the holidays is especially awful. Sending you hugs and prayers.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

My mother passed Christmas of 1986. Now him!? It was like he was thinking, "I am the center of mommy's world, not grandma.....here!!!" Jerk.
    Last edited by joplinfrk; 12-21-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    awww hugs I am so sorry, didn't know we could put pets here in Notable figures, if I had known that I would have put my fur baby, kitty.
    Elvis was famous among us, that's the difference. All other pet deaths belong in Death Hag Pets.

Carolyn, I have dreaded this day. So sorry for your loss. But he was loved, and he will be remembered as your beloved stylin and jivin pug, Elvis.

I feel that all fur babies that belong to us death hags are famous, again Joplin Sorry for the loss of your baby, and for that of your mom..sending you many many hugs.

You are absolutely right, PK. They are all stars to us.

Carolyn, I am so sorry to hear about Elvis. I remember many posts you've made over the years about the little guy. My sincere condolences. Peace.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Aw, I'm so sorry to hear about Elvis. Happy almost 11 years sober.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry hon. Much love.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Elvis was part of the FAD crew, and I will certainly miss seeing pictures of his sweet squishy face.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Elvis was part of the FAD crew, and I will certainly miss seeing pictures of his sweet squishy face.
    Exactly.

Sad

Sorry for your loss. They never live long enough. The last dog I bred died this year in June at 14 1/2 years old. An end of an era for me. Now I have a rescue of the same breed and a couple of fosters. I had my last three I bred die one each of the last three years (the other two were 15 years old) so its been a steady stream of loss which I was prepared for but still put me in terrible grief. I think about them everyday. Elvis will be with you helping you from above just like mine are. <hugs>
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Exactly.
    He was our first DH Mascot.

Thank you for the kind words. I made it through the week. I miss him so very much.

My baby has been gone 3 weeks today. Every day it gets a bit better but man, the void is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    My baby has been gone 3 weeks today. Every day it gets a bit better but man, the void is huge.
    yes I totally understand. tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since my Pearl died.

***** HUGS***

I am so sorry. Every day it gets a bit better.

The only time a Furbaby breaks your Heart, is when they pass. They take a piece of your Heart with them. With time, the wound will heal, but with scar tissue. Sometimes, it only takes a sound, smell, visual or a stray thought, and that scar tissue will get thumped. The pain is not as fresh, but it will always be there.

Carolyn, I'm so very sorry to hear about "Elvis" passing. I agree that he was our first DH mascot and he was a cutie!!! I love pugs!!! However, I've got a chihuahua/shi-tzhu that's about to turn 13 this year and I know that I'm not going to have him for much longer (even though he still jumps around and plays just like he's a puppy) so I cherish every single day I have with my little sidekick - and, yes, I will miss him when he passes because due to my parents' health, my Stepfather isn't able to raise another dog (Stepdad has COPD - right now he's got this damned flu that's been going around) and Mom has a host of health-related issues - not the least of which is a recent blood clot they found in her lung) and she's also got Fibromyalgia. So, PeeWee will be our last dog, sadly. once again, I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved "Elvis" - may he now be free of any pain and running and playing at the Bridge. My condolences to you.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

DianochkaONEFloat Guest

Никогда о

Будем смеяться, не дожидаясь минуты, когда почувствуем себя счастливыми, иначе мы рискуем умереть, так ни разу и не засмеявшись.

Just want to thank everyone again for the kind words on and off the site. It's been 4 months and some days are better than others. I received his cremains on what would have been his 11th birthday. Still not ready to move on and love again, but will eventually. Love you guys.

We love you too, Carolyn. Every person who has ever loved a dog knows exactly what you're going through. I miss my Harry more than I miss my husband.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It's so hard losing a furbaby, I can relate. Hang in there, in time it does get better, never totally goes away but it gets easier.

Jop, I too am still heartbroken about my Pearl. Everyday, many many times a day, I think of her and just *sigh* at how much I miss her.
    I know time will help it get better but it still hurts like a mo-fo.

And if one more person tells me "JUST get another dog" I'mma punch them. I don't have the energy or heart right now (even tho its been 5 months), to even think about another furr-baby.

p.s. I would also like to thank e1 here for the kind words

Hang in there, Piggy. I don't think I grieved for my mother as much as I am for him. Some days are like he just passed. I already have a name picked out for my next mushy faced (a must) doggy....Linus! Until then, and if I may use a term from my favorite movie, Goodfellas..I will continue to act like "half a fag" (remember, I'm gay) and keep up my shrine. I received his cremains on what would have been his 11th birthday.
    Last edited by joplinfrk; 05-08-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Linus is perfect. I'm proud of you for wanting another furbaby. It is healing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    Jop, I too am still heartbroken about my Pearl. Everyday, many many times a day, I think of her and just *sigh* at how much I miss her.
    I know time will help it get better but it still hurts like a mo-fo.

And if one more person tells me "JUST get another dog" I'mma punch them. I don't have the energy or heart right now (even tho its been 5 months), to even think about another furr-baby.

p.s. I would also like to thank e1 here for the kind words
    When my fur baby passed away, it took over a year before I even started looking at another dog. How long it takes you depends on you, there is no time limit on grief. Take your time and when the time is right for you, you will know

When my beloved cat had to be put down I vowed never to get another furbaby, but the house was so so so empty. So I rescued two littler sister tabbies. They helped heal me, but I cried for my lost baby for a long time after that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD