Thread: Keaton Jones bullied, or maybe not

Keaton Jones bullied, or maybe not

So there was a kid in Knoxville (where I live) whose Mom posted a video of him complaining about being bullied at school. It went viral, and celebrities from all over the world were rallying around him, inviting him to events etc.

So now it's coming out that his mom set up a GoFundMe page. You may be assuming it's because she wants to fund an anti-bullying campaign or something. No, apparently it's just because Christmas is coming.

Also, she has posted some racist stuff on her Facebook in the not-too-distant past.

And some people are suggesting that the bullying was triggered by his calling classmates the n-word.

I was just curious what you guys thought. I haven't found one good comprehensive article, but here are a couple of the more recent ones.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/keaton-j...os-1202224492/

https://www.lovebscott.com/news/vira...k-posts-photos
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

The GoFundMe thing seems inappropriate.

OK; I was raised in a different time, but when I was that age if some kid was bullying you your father would tell you to smack the crap out of him.
    If he then kicks your ass, you go find him again the next day; and when he starts bullying; you smack the crap out of him.

Keep doing that until things change one way or another.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

I have no doubt he was bullied. Exactly why, don't know. Only sure thing is Mommy is using him to make money. Poor Parenting and a misuse of the original idea behind "Go Fund Me."
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Hmm so wonder if little Keaton did some bullying himself and couldn't handle it when someone bullied him, reports saying he called a black kid the N-word, me thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye and we are only seeing Keaton's side.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    reports saying he called a black kid the N-word, me thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye and we are only seeing Keaton's side.
    The Daily Mail has run a couple of stories and they are pretty good at reporting and I haven't read anything about the kid using the n word or racist facebook comments. BUT....there was a family photo posing with a confederate flag looking happy to do it which isn't much better.

My question is, how silly and ignorant could mom possibly be. You have a photo glorifying the confederate flag on FB and then make a video of your kid that goes viral and now the bullies are coming from EVERYWHERE. I look at the confederate flag as a piece of history but a part of history with no redeeming value except for the abolitian of slavery for which that flag represents the opposite.
    I've never been ashamed to be a white American and I have ZERO guilt and no pussy liberal is going to make me feel I should.
    --McCourt

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Hmm so wonder if little Keaton did some bullying himself and couldn't handle it when someone bullied him, reports saying he called a black kid the N-word, me thinks there is more to this story than meets the eye and we are only seeing Keaton's side.
    I agree with you. (I also think more to the story)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Shame on the Mom for pimping her child and his problems out to the internet. You think kids are bad with bullying him at school? The internet is 100 times worse. I don't get what she was trying to achieve with this other than money...