Thread: Jack Bannon 77, son of Bea Benaderet

Jack Bannon 77, son of Bea Benaderet

Jack Bannon who Co starred on Lou Grant has died. his mother was the late Bea Benaderet star of Petticoat Junction [Kate Bradley]. Jack made numerous guest appearances on Petticoat Junction. also The Beverly Hillbillies & Green Acres. his father was actor Jim Bannon. he was married to John Travolta's sister Ellen Travolta. Bea Benaderet died in 1968 Jack continued acting after his mother's death. he appeared in the movie Death Warrant in 1990 starring Jean Claude Van Damme also in the movie was Robert Guillaume who just passed away a day before Jack Bannon.

I had to look him up for his pic, and I'm like oohhhh yeah I know that guy RIP

Thanks Robert63 for the information about Jack Bannon. I too remember him from Lou Grant but did not know he was Bea Benaderat's son or that he was married to Ellen Travolta.

Did not know the name, but when I saw his face I remembered him from many shows. Had know idea he was Bea's son. RIP.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

His Mother Bea Benaderet died at age 62 on October 13, 1968, of lung cancer and pneumonia, and was survived by her second husband Gene Twombly and two children.[ She was entombed in Valhalla Memorial Park Cemetery in North Hollywood. On October 17, four days after her death and the day after her funeral, Twombly died of a massive heart attack,[91] and was interred beside her.
    BEA BENADERET with daughter Maggie Bannon Kilfoil and son Jack Bannon.

Great photo, Jack was pretty hot !
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

RIP, Jack.

I don't recognize the face for some reason.
    I grew up on Green Acres, Petticoat Junction and the Hillbillies, but I don't remember him - never watched Lou Grant.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Sad to hear about his death so remember him in
    St. Elsewhere and of course Lou Grant back in
    the 1980s.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.