Thread: Huricane Harvey

Huricane Harvey

I know quite a few of us have friends and family in the way of the Monster. One more contact point and news updates can't hurt. Movie this to General Weather if deemed necessary.

Holy smokes, 1961 since one this strong has hit down there. So many more people and everything runs of electricity, which runs a lot of things we take for granted. I have two nieces, and their Families, that live in Houston. It looks like this might end up shooting up this still a Tropical Depression. Last time one hit here like that it was a minefield of Tornadoes. Pray for the folks down in the lowlands.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I was watching it on the news tonight, constant rain and threats of tornadoes. Prayers for everyone affected by this.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

It is going to take years for Houston to fully recover from this. Houston City Officials have a lot to answer for. How can you be such a big city by the sea and be so underprepared? http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/har...cid=spartandhp

4. 08-28-2017, 07:00 PM

I agree Clean how can you not be prepared, and to those that are price gouging there, shame on you.

The videos, photos are just heartbreaking. When will they get a break....the news just seems to be getting worse on this. I just can't imagine.

Leasie, I'm here in Houston, and you are SO right... you can't imagine. This is far, far, far beyond what anyone could have ever planned for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Leasie, I'm here in Houston, and you are SO right... you can't imagine. This is far, far, far beyond what anyone could have ever planned for.
    Thoughts and prayers to you. I so hope you are safe.

It's just awful. I went through Hurricane Ivan and that was bad enough. I'm glad I moved away from the coast. I hope you guys stay safe out there and you get some relief soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Take care young lady and be safe - no matter how prepared you are (or the city or the state); you can't be ready for everything that comes along with one like that.
    In Biloxi with Katrina (12 years ago today), our water came in fast from the gulf and the bayous, knocked things down or inundated them and then went back out fast. We didn't have the kind of catastrophic flooding you guys are getting and which lingers for days.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Thank you all... sending much love and many hugs to our wonderful FAD family! XO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX