Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill Paxton, 61

Bill Paxton, 61

To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

navallint Guest
    I'm shocked and saddened. RIP

Sad news - RIP, Bill.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm in shock over this one!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

This is a real bummer. What an extensive body of work he left behind. He's sure going to be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RIP Bill Paxton. Shocked by this and I always enjoyed his acting.

RIP

How sad. Rest in peace.

Complications from surgery. Sad.

The first thing I thought of when I read he had passed was his line in Aliens, when he says, "Game over man, Game over!"...I guess that makes me a crap person.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Very sad news!
    RIP

Lorenathered Guest
    Anyone have any details? Like what surgery? I wasn't aware of him having any illness.

I hope this doesn't become a repeat of 2016.

I read that he was having heart surgery. man, to go in thinking you will be ok, and then wham. sad.

Damn. The DH in me wants to know what kind of surgery. First thing that popped up on my news feed when I fired up the comp earlier. He was fun to watch in whatever roll he had. RIP.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I was shocked when my brother told me, I had just watched him in Ghosts Of The Abyss on Saturday night ! Only a year younger then myself and that makes me very sad. RIP Sir.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Loved him in Twister and Aliens. Also, the Fish Heads music video (in it and directed it)

I'm gonna watch Twister and sob later.

Also. I wonder how many people are gonna be confused and think it's Bill Pullman who died.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

TMZ said he died from a post op stroke after heart surgery. Yep, that'll do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

His death is particularly tough on us in Fort Worth, TX. This is where he was from and never forgot his home town. He narrated "JFK: the day that changed everything". He was there in the crowd the morning of JFK's last speech in FW before going to Dallas. Amazing insight. Great actor. Apparently a very fine person. and my age, that's kinda scary . RIP

Breaks my heart... Loved BP - best Chet ever!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    His death is particularly tough on us in Fort Worth, TX. This is where he was from and never forgot his home town. He narrated "JFK: the day that changed everything". He was there in the crowd the morning of JFK's last speech in FW before going to Dallas. Amazing insight. Great actor. Apparently a very fine person. and my age, that's kinda scary . RIP

One report saying stroke, one is saying heart failure. I heard Game over man as well, so you're not the only one.

Is he the one who was on Big Love? If so I loved him. I thought it was him but I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere which kind of surprised me. Not that I've read a lot about it or anything. I really only knew him from that and Weird Science. I was shocked to hear it though. RIP.

He was brilliant in A Simple Plan, really sad to see this news.

Yes Bettie he was on Big Love.

I just read on AOL News that he had rheumatic fever when he was 13. Anybody here that know what that is also knows it will shorten your life. My Grandfather who I never met died at age 42, apparently it weakens the heart muscle. I know Bill died of a stroke, but it WAS from the heart surgery. I guess that answers my question why he died so young...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I just read on AOL News that he had rheumatic fever when he was 13. Anybody here that know what that is also knows it will shorten your life. My Grandfather who I never met died at age 42, apparently it weakens the heart muscle. I know Bill died of a stroke, but it WAS from the heart surgery. I guess that answers my question why he died so young...
    Yes, my Uncle died from a heart attack at the age of 38 after having Reumatic fever when he was a child. This was before penicillin. Strep throat, if left untreated with antibiotics, turns into Rheumatic fever. I have friends who are into essential oils as the cure-all for everything, including Strep throat, and they are crazy.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

zombiesRus Guest
    So sorry to hear, loved him as Chet, Weird Science. Rest In Peace !

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Yes, my Uncle died from a heart attack at the age of 38 after having Reumatic fever when he was a child. This was before penicillin. Strep throat, if left untreated with antibiotics, turns into Rheumatic fever. I have friends who are into essential oils as the cure-all for everything, including Strep throat, and they are crazy.
    I had absolutely no idea that strep throat could turn into rheumatic fever! Yeah, hope your friends wisen up, that's nothing to play around with. I know back when I was a kid you didn't go to the Dr unless you were near death, and thankfully I never had strep throat. I know we had penicillin back in those days, can't ever recall having taken it, all my issues were asthma related when I had to go to the hospital. Out of 4 of us kids, I was the only one who ended up going to the hospital, if we got a cold,or threw up, we just rode it out with over the counter medication. I suspect that Paxton was raised the same way. I shudder to think that rheumatic fever could have been avoided with a simple shot of penicillin!
    --William Shakespeare!

Very sad. He was such a decent actor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've loved him in everything I've seen him in. Big Love- while the show itself started out good and then went to meh, he was still awesome. RIP
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I've loved him in everything I've seen him in. Big Love- while the show itself started out good and then went to meh, he was still awesome. RIP
    You're exactly right. I really liked Big Love. I have the dvd set but I can never get into the last 2 seasons. I didn't like how they ended it either. Bill Paxton was good in it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't remember if I ever watched the end but I'm sure I did. There are seasons of True Blood I don't remember from when Ambien was putting me in the haze and not to sleep (no more of that though) but I Thought that show had so much great talent on it, Alby, HDS, Bill Paxton, Grace Zabriski (I'm a sucker for any Twin Peaks connections), etc... I'll have to watch them again. I'll also have to watch A Simple Plan. I remember when they filmed that around here. Unfortunately I'm too distinctive looking to be a movie extra.

As far as Chet in Weird Science, I love to hate him, and while I hate censorship I think the edits they put in that movie when they show it on network TV are hilarious, especially over some of Chet's lines.

He was in some new show the other night. I wonder how they're gonna handle his death?

He was great in Big Love, but most memorable to me as the jackass big brother in Weird Science. He delivers the best line in that movie to Anthony Michael Hall who plays his little brother with a hangover, "How would you like a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?"

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I don't remember if I ever watched the end but I'm sure I did. There are seasons of True Blood I don't remember from when Ambien was putting me in the haze and not to sleep (no more of that though) but I Thought that show had so much great talent on it, Alby, HDS, Bill Paxton, Grace Zabriski (I'm a sucker for any Twin Peaks connections), etc... I'll have to watch them again. I'll also have to watch A Simple Plan. I remember when they filmed that around here. Unfortunately I'm too distinctive looking to be a movie extra.

As far as Chet in Weird Science, I love to hate him, and while I hate censorship I think the edits they put in that movie when they show it on network TV are hilarious, especially over some of Chet's lines.
    Yes, there's some great talent in that show. HBO does put out some fantastic originals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cause of death - suffered a stroke as a result of aortic aneurysm and valve replacement surgery - died in hospital eleven days after the surgery at 11:27 pm on Feb 25/2017.

Death certificate:

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk...ificate-04.pdf
    Last edited by cash; 03-06-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Such a shame. Loved him...no one had anything bad to say about this man, he was a class act. Does anyone know what a CR/BU for "disposition" means from the death certificate? Cremation and then burial ? Or maybe Crypt burial?

Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    Such a shame. Loved him...no one had anything bad to say about this man, he was a class act. Does anyone know what a CR/BU for "disposition" means from the death certificate? Cremation and then burial ? Or maybe Crypt burial?
    buried as per findagrave

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...GRid=176751075

Thank you Cash, my question was related to the disposition on death certificate. I see there is a burial provided in your link however.... I still have a question whether he was buried in a casket or ashes in an urn?

The name of the new show is Training Day. I'm watching it now. He has all the best lines and makes the most of them. I don't normally watch this type of show either, but his character makes it worthwhile,. Wonder what they're gonna do next season? I don't see how this show can continue without him. I see it going south immeiately, ala CSI without Grissom.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    It seemed so quick! Kind of weird he didn't want to be buried back in his home state of Texas.

Cr/Bu means cremation followed by burial.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Cr/Bu means cremation followed by burial.
    Thank you Pkstracy for the clarification ! Much appreciated

You're most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    It seemed so quick! Kind of weird he didn't want to be buried back in his home state of Texas.
    I'm from Cali, but have lived in Texas for the majority of my life, and it's where I'll be buried, don't really have much family left there.
    --William Shakespeare!

his family is suing the surgeon and hospital for wrongful death

https://pagesix.com/2018/02/13/bill-...199.1489287649

Aortic Aneurysms are a bitch kitty to deal with. The malfunction is right at the pump, highest point of pressure. This smells a bit like a family missing a cash cow. Hard to maintain the lifestyle to which you have become used to when the money maker died.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.