Thread: Teen Facing Felony Charges After Stealing McD's Soda

Teen Facing Felony Charges After Stealing McD's Soda

This got out hand fast. Teens pull into McDonald's drive-through and ordered water. The three teens then got out afterwards, dumped their water and refilled it with pop. After one teen failed to do so, the manager chased him down with his car and crashed. The teen was arrested for theft.

Dude, was it really worth it over $1.00 soda?! Really? 😕 Since he's been arrested, there's so many fields where he can't get a job (medical, for one). I don't think we'll have to worry about it. After all, he's dumb enough to even try to pull it off. Plus we know he can't avoid tuition if he's too broke to spring for the $1.00 soda.

Think much?

http://fox6now.com/2016/04/21/teen-f...-at-mcdonalds/
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

navallint Guest
    It was wrong, but, yep, way out of hand. Should of made him clean the grease trap, oh, wait, that would have been wrong. We can't win in this world.

The manager was the one who got hit by THEIR car. IMO, when the one refused to dump his soda (OR pay for it) the manager should've just banned him from the store. They can do that.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

The whole thing sounds crazy.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Coke is bad, mmmkay.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Coke is bad, mmmkay.
    Yep. It is. LOL

"I just go here!"

So... I'm guessing the felony charge isn't for stealing the soda, but for causing the crash, like assault with a deadly weapon or something. Nonetheless, it was dumbassery at it's finest, and this guy is just too stupid to walk the streets.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    It was wrong, but, yep, way out of hand. Should of made him clean the grease trap, oh, wait, that would have been wrong. We can't win in this world.
    I agree with you- When I first read about this, Not that I condone what this kid did but I really think that manager blew things waaasy out of control...I mean, chasing the kid out to his car all over a 1.00 drink? That manager must not have valued his own life if he thought this was all worth the drama all over a buck. With people carrying guns and such these days, Not a smart move on his part. It could have been worse.
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    So... I'm guessing the felony charge isn't for stealing the soda, but for causing the crash, like assault with a deadly weapon or something. Nonetheless, it was dumbassery at it's finest, and this guy is just too stupid to walk the streets.
    True. The actual cost to us of a soda is a few cents. Which is why so many managers turn the other way when people steal soda. It's not worth that few cents. I have a different approach. It a kid comes up asking for a water cup, I give them a child-sized cup (or smaller, if possible). If they are gonna steal pop from me, I'm gonna make it a pain in the ass for them.

"I just go here!"

I live in Arkansas, so here's some background on this particular store.

It is across the street from the high school and kids were going in and ordering water, only to run over and get a soda then run out. Management gets tired of it and the local PD says they will arrest anyone who does this. There is a gigantic sign on the soda machine saying you will be turned into the police and your tag number given to them along with the video from the camera over the machine if you buy a water cup and then get a soda.

Essentially this is all due to teens who weren't willing to fork over $1.85 to get a soda and decided to steal instead. Now this idiot is facing felony charges over something that would have cost him less than $2.

I don't care there's nothing at Mcdonalds that is worth putting myself in harms way over.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    I live in Arkansas, so here's some background on this particular store.

It is across the street from the high school and kids were going in and ordering water, only to run over and get a soda then run out. Management gets tired of it and the local PD says they will arrest anyone who does this. There is a gigantic sign on the soda machine saying you will be turned into the police and your tag number given to them along with the video from the camera over the machine if you buy a water cup and then get a soda.

Essentially this is all due to teens who weren't willing to fork over $1.85 to get a soda and decided to steal instead. Now this idiot is facing felony charges over something that would have cost him less than $2.
    So the kids can't say they weren't warned. The sign is warning enough. And I agree. The kid is an idiot. He's a dumbass, really. Doing what he did IS stealing, plain and simple, and management has a right to have anyone arrested for stealing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I don't care there's nothing at Mcdonalds that is worth putting myself in harms way over.
    There isn't. I wouldn't have chased after the kids. I'd have gotten the plate number and reported it to the police, like their posted sign says they'll do. The manager was just as dumb for running after them. Although there IS a way around that, but I doubt their owners will go for it. Charge full price for a water. Sure it'll piss some people off who legitimately want water, and you have to do it to everyone. If you JUST do it to teenagers/young adults, they're gong to cry discrimination. But if the effers realize a water is the same price as a pop, they'll go ahead and order the pop. Yes, I said "pop." LOL

I don't know abut that store, but at mine we charge twenty cents for a small or medium water when they don't order anything else, thirty cents for a large. It's to cover the cost of the cup. If they order a soft drink, shake, McCafe beverage, food, ice cream, or even a Happy Meal toy, we can give them the water for free. In fact, I have one customer who comes through every single day who just orders one cookie for 42-cents (with tax) so she can get a water for free. When will these kids realize that stealing isn't worth it? Because it's not. It's stupid.

"I just go here!"

I agree probably the best way to stop them is charging full price for water.

Pop, Soda, Soady is all good

This is ridiculous and got way out of hand. I would have made him clean something, work off the $1.00, lol.