Thread: Body found in Chinese lift month after it was switched off

navallint Guest

Body found in Chinese lift month after it was switched off

This is the stuff of nightmares. Poor woman.

The workers had been called to fix a fault with the elevator and had shouted to see if anyone was inside.
    Their failure to check properly amounted to "gross negligence", government officials said.

So they will be charged with involuntary murder, I have no clue aas to China law ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35739046

I was once trapped in my walk-in closet for just a bit, knowing Sissy would be home any minute, but finally got out on my own. I cannot begin to imagine the dawning horror this woman felt as she realized no help was coming.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-06-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

luckyinlove Guest
    What an awful way to die

navallint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I was once trapped in my walk-in closet for just a bit, knowing Sissy would be home any minute, but finally got out on my own. I cannot begin to imagine the dawning horror this woman felt as she realized no help was coming.
    I would have torn the door off the hinges or made a new exit, lol. Can't stand enclosed places, or heights. I can't fathom her fear or the hell she went through.

She didn't have a cell phone with her? I find that odd.

Such a sad and lonely way to die. Poor lady.

Some people aren't cell phone addicts. I forget mine all the time, because I rarely use it. I try and have it on me at least for emergencies, but I've kicked myself a few times where something happened and I hadn't bothered to bring it with me. Part of my problem is that I have to switch it back and forth between my backpack when I go to school and into a different purse for work (my regular one doesn't fit in my locker) and a lot of times I forget, because it's just not that important to me. Now my best friend, she would not be caught dead without her cell phone, she is on that thing constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    I would have torn the door off the hinges or made a new exit, lol. Can't stand enclosed places, or heights. I can't fathom her fear or the hell she went through.
    I don't like heights either. I went to college in Tennessee, and one day a group of us went to some gorge on Lookout Mountain. I was looking forward to walking across the swinging bridge until I saw the little foot path around the lip of that gorge to get to it. OMGoodness, no! And it didn't help that I somehow found myself on the edge of the drop. I thought I was going to fall in.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I was just reading about this on reddit and someone mentioned that she might not have had cell service in an elevator depending on how big the building was and what it was made of. I guess there wasn't an emergency phone either? I know I've seen them missing in half the elevators I've been in. God I hope I never get stuck in an elevator.

I hate elevators. What a horrible way to die. I just can't imagine what she went through.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I hate elevators. What a horrible way to die. I just can't imagine what she went through.
    A lot of crappy music.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

navallint Guest
    SPLAT...haha, mr clean, I hadn't thought of that torture.

No crappy music since the elevator was shut down, or does it still play. That poor woman, I don't like elevators either, I don't like small confined spaces and having a lot of people in an elevator really sets my anxiety up a notch.

Imagine being stuck but the speaker is on a different circuit. Muzak version of Nickleback songs until you die. You would end up in Heaven because Lucifer would even admit you have suffered enough.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Back in the 1970s once got stuck in a big box
    oldtime phone booth.(I was a fat child)
    I freaked out, imagine how this poor women was.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Terrible way to go.

Damn! This was in a residential building surely she screamed, yelled, banged and nobody heard her? You better believe that I would be making one hell of a racket! Sounds fishy to me.

What a nasty way to die, knowing that no one was coming, just terrible.