Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40474849505158 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,450 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Just discovered rollercoaster tycoon in the Amazon app store!! Loved that game, would play for hours watching ppl go on the craziest coasters, and then puke after 😛. But before I can waste my evening away, need to do some more cleaning.
    Love that game! I used to sit for hours playing!

Right now I'm struggling to go back to sleep after waking to pee.. .gotta be up to stay in 3 hours.....
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Looking for natural ways to get some sleep- I have already cut caffiene6 hours before bed-
    No liquids/ devices including tv.. etc... Just really tired.
    Lavender oil and a diffuser. But make sure it's real Lavender. 90% of the lavender on the market is synthetic, or it's the spike lavender or lavandin (which is NOT the same thing). Also, even if the bottle says "pure" or "all natural" doesn't really mean much. FDA says it only had to contain 5% real pure essential oils to be labeled that way
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Lavender oil and a diffuser. But make sure it's real Lavender. 90% of the lavender on the market is synthetic, or it's the spike lavender or lavandin (which is NOT the same thing). Also, even if the bottle says "pure" or "all natural" doesn't really mean much. FDA says it only had to contain 5% real pure essential oils to be labeled that way
    Thank you Sassy,
    You know, We purchased some peppermint oil a couple of weeks ago because it keeps ants and bugs at bay- But we bought it from a different store and our daughter had gotten it on her hands an allergic reaction of a itching burning rash
    Ensued-->
    Calamine lotion relieved it but she was miserable.We have never had that happen before...We finally figured it out that it was the peppermint oil.
    My husband made the comment at the time "what are they putting in this stuff?" What if she had used it in her bath? Can you imagine what would have happened?
    I never have had a lot of respect for the FDA because they don't regulate the things that should be strictly regulated.
    I do have an electric diffuser and I'll try the lavendar oil-
    Thank you again for the info

I don't know we can talk about where I get my oils from with out getting yelled at by the mods, but I only get my oils from one company. I wouldn't use oils from anywhere else.... they totally changed my life

Hi, hello, and howdy! I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. I s'pose by now y'all have heard there's a hurricane named after me, Hurricane Maria. Someone asked me what I was so pissed off about, and I said, "No coffee." ROFL

His, I don't know what to tell ya, I have trouble going to sleep, too. And trouble staying asleep. I have not cut out caffeine completely but I HAVE stopped drinking coffee after 2pm at the very latest. Since everything I like to drink (with the exception of alcohol) has caffeine in it, I go with the lesser of two evils and drink either diet soda or sweet tea. In fact when I tried out my new coffee maker late Saturday night, I put in a hot chocolate K-cup. I'm not a fan of hot tea or hot cider, I like them cold and my tea as sweet as I am.

I have found that the more relaxed I am, the easier it is for me to fall asleep. Which is probably why the alcohol lets me fall asleep easier, I'm super relaxed. What I do the other six nights a week though is read and play games like Candy Crush on my phone. For some reason, Candy Crush games make me sleepy. I can't explain it, I just go with it.

What am I doing right now? Struggling to see. I seem to have lost my near glasses in my room somewhere. I am wearing my distance glasses, and while I can see distances better, I can't see near very well. I was joking with my boss today, "Well, I can read the drinks on the drive-through screen....from halfway across cold line! [front line]" I was stubborn and dug my heals in about bifocals. "I don't wanna be OLD!" I cried. So I got one pair of glasses for near like reading, and one pair for distance like driving (even though I don't drive).

I'm also watching last night's DWTS and got a pan of Stouffer's mac-and-cheese in the oven. I forgot to take pork chops out of the freezer for tonight, so when I stopped at the store for "girlie stuffs" for Miss E, I picked up the Stouffer's.

"I just go here!"

I don't know we can talk about where I get my oils from with out getting yelled at by the mods, but I only get my oils from one company. I wouldn't use oils from anywhere else.... they totally changed my life
    No reason why you can't post where you buy yours as long as you don't mention your business. I'd like to know myself.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Relaxing by the fire discussing house names. Hubby came up with Peacefull Willow, I had thought about Kozy Willow (the K had meaning). We're still in debates...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No reason why you can't post where you buy yours as long as you don't mention your business. I'd like to know myself.
    I use a company called Young Living. They are truly the world leaders in essential oils. They're products are amazing, and are the highest quality essential oils and essential oil infused products on the market. I wouldn't trust any other company. I've done so much research about oils and learned do much about all the garbage "oils" out there that I wouldn't use any other company.
    What if somebody was interested in getting their oils from Young Living. Could I pm them my member number?
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 09-20-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Relaxing by the fire discussing house names. Hubby came up with Peacefull Willow, I had thought about Kozy Willow (the K had meaning). We're still in debates...

I use a company called Young Living. They are truly the world leaders in essential oils. They're products are amazing, and are the highest quality essential oils and essential oil infused products on the market. I haven't nearly wouldn't trust any other company. I've done so much research about oils and learned do much about all the garbage "oils" out there that I wouldn't use any other company.
    What if somebody was interested in getting their oils from Young Living. Could I pm them my member number?
    No, ma'am
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thank you Sassy,
    You know, We purchased some peppermint oil a couple of weeks ago because it keeps ants and bugs at bay- But we bought it from a different store and our daughter had gotten it on her hands an allergic reaction of a itching burning rash
    Ensued-->
    Calamine lotion relieved it but she was miserable.We have never had that happen before...We finally figured it out that it was the peppermint oil.
    My husband made the comment at the time "what are they putting in this stuff?" What if she had used it in her bath? Can you imagine what would have happened?
    I never have had a lot of respect for the FDA because they don't regulate the things that should be strictly regulated.
    I do have an electric diffuser and I'll try the lavendar oil-
    Thank you again for the info
    Also a Himalayan Salt Lamp

Sucking a neutralizer.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thinking about crawling back in bed. I got my Flu Shot yesterday. late afternoon, and still feel a bit wonky. Most years, it's about a 6 to 8 hour feeling. One of the strains of Flu they are vaccinating fro this year, must have my Name all over it. Plz let this shot work.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Never got the flu shot, and I have only had the flu three times in my life, since moving here to San Diego I haven't been horribly sick in awhile, just a head cold once in awhile, but I think it's from pollen and pet dander.

Supposed to have gotten a pneumonia and flu shot in rehab. I know I got the pneumonia, but not sure about the flu.

Fixing to walk, stand, and perhaps edit.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Starting "Will & Grace" all over again with a drink in hand. Yes, Karen Walker is my spirit animal. ROFL. LOVE her.

Will: Jack, blind and DEAF people know you're gay.

Jack: Grace, did YOU know I was gay when you first met me?

Grace: My dog knew.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Starting "Will & Grace" all over again with a drink in hand. Yes, Karen Walker is my spirit animal. ROFL. LOVE her.

Will: Jack, blind and DEAF people know you're gay.

Jack: Grace, did YOU know I was gay when you first met me?

Grace: My dog knew.
    😂😂😂

Really can't wait for the show to start up again next week!!

As for my doings? Hopping around in here for a little bit before bed. Thinking I'm gonna spend the weekend cleaning the living room while watching a boatload of stuff on my cable box to make room for new stuff next week. 😀😀

Sipping decaf. It ain't real coffee, but it ain't bad.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Sipping decaf. It ain't real coffee, but it ain't bad.
    IMO, decaf is perfectly acceptable for satisfying coffee cravings from after noon on. It's also quite nice for mixing with Kahlua. It is also quite useful in testing new coffee makers purchased in the afternoon/evening. Just saying.

Right now? I'm listening to country music and drinking the last of my spiked mudslide. (Bottle of 25-proof premade-but-ready-to-serve mudslides that I've spiked with 70-proof whipped cream vodka.) I actually did something I NEVER do, and indulged in a little day drinking. I don't usually do that but since I'm getting up rather early tomorrow morning, it's in my best interest to drink earlier and crash earlier.

I'm also still reveling in how people can be SO EFFING STUPID. Yesterday I had a guest come in, and since I was on counter I took her order. She ordered, paid, THEN looked around. She asked me, "Is this Steak 'N Shake?" I tried hard not to laugh in her face, but said sweetly, "No, ma'am, this is Freddy's." After she left, I went to my wonder twin and told HER what had happened. Then I looked at my shirt, pointed to the Freddy's logo....took off my hat and said, "Yep, it says 'Freddy's.'" and we ALL bust a gut laughing.

"I just go here!"

Regular coffee wires me, so I drink decaf.

Just finished my workout. Lower body, 5 sets, 3 pound dumbbells, 15 reps each. Now I'm pooped.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I drink regular coffee to fuel my morning. Decaf in the afternoons/evenings I want a bit of coffee OR if I'm trying out a new coffee maker. Apparently WalMart doesn't carry decaf in the 3-KCup packs, so I ended up getting hot chocolate to try it with because I didn't get home with it till dang near 10pm.

"I just go here!"

Gaming, browsing the forum, proud of myself, I am down 29 pounds now.

Regular coffee wires me, so I drink decaf.

Just finished my workout. Lower body, 5 sets, 3 pound dumbbells, 15 reps each. Now I'm pooped.
    Hi Cindy,
    I like the smell of coffee brewing...Coffee doesn't wire me but I can only take one cup in the morning because I get too coffee logged and it upsets my stomach if I have more than one.
    Plus it has to be freshly brewed, I can't stand it if it has been on the burner for a while- Ack!
    The husband drinks it all day long- Even at night!

What am I doing? Just got done clearing out security cam footage and looking around here.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-24-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Hi Cindy,
    I like the smell of coffee brewing...Coffee doesn't wire me but I can only take one cup in the morning because I get too coffee logged and it upsets my stomach if I have more than one.
    Plus it has to be freshly brewed, I can't stand it if it has been on the burner for a while- Ack!
    The husband drinks it all day long- Even at night!

What am I doing? Just got done clearing out security cam footage and looking around here.
    Decaf makes me feel logged too, sometimes. That's why I quit drinking it for about a year or two. But it didn't do that in the hospital. Came home--ugh. Drinking too big of a cup, I think. So now on I'm going to get a small cup.

Ate lunch snack, taking middle breathing treatment, and fixing to continue pasting images of my exercises in my files for a handy guideline.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Too much coffee acts as a laxative for me. Yick! I know my limit though.

Right now I'm cooking up 3lbs of hamburger meat for tacos.....YUM.

"I just go here!"

Waiting for dinnertime.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got done making husbands lunch for work tomorrow night~pizzas with olive oil and rosemary crust....Meh, just watching that pantry ghost thingy on amazon. .
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-24-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Editing the historical and roaming around AW. I may go to bed or game. Hmmm.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Editing the historical and roaming around AW. I may go to bed or game. Hmmm.
    I sure do wish I could turn in for the night! Husband works til 1:00 am, So I couldn't sleep anyway

I sure do wish I could turn in for the night! Husband works til 1:00 am, So I couldn't sleep anyway
    Didn't sleep. I laid there. Now I'm up again.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Celebrating my birthday with some tequila.

"I just go here!"

Celebrating my birthday with some tequila.
    Happy Birthday Ria!
    I have tequila in the house & I would toast ya with it but I've had a glass of merlot at dinner..
    But again Happy Birthday sweetie, Hope its a good one

What am I up to? Meh! Just getting ready to go to bed- I have a nail appt in the morning and its all I can do to prepare myself to go into that friggin hen house!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 09-27-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Happy Birthday Ria!
    I have tequila in the house & I would toast ya with it but I've had a glass of merlot at dinner..
    But again Happy Birthday sweetie, Hope its a good one
    Thank ya! I DID have to work today, but my workday started with breakfast at Hardee's with my son and a friend so I can't complain. Hubs had a prior appointment earlier this morning, so he missed it. My boss asked me why I was working today and I said, "Because I usually work on Wednesdays. And besides, I can party on the weekend." He said, "Well, then carry on." ROFL. I did get free lunch at work today for my birthday and that was nice. I definitely wasn't expecting THAT!

My mom sent me a birthday card with a $50 gift card to the grocery store I frequent, so that will fund my birthday dinner. I'm not actually having a formal party or dinner until after we're moved, which will be SOON. My "informal" one will be Friday night. Hot dogs and brats (the GOOD ones), chips, and liquor. It's easy to fix in between packing cartons and I'm okay with it. I'm a simple girl, easy to please.

"I just go here!"

Happy Birthday Ria, sorry this is late. Hope it is/was a blast for you

Got dinner in the microwave and watching last night's L&O: SVU. Had a much-needed triple shot of vodka that I mixed in with diet soda.

To update y'all, I've been scarce the past two weeks because our lease ran out on our apartment and due to the holes Schmoo put in the walls during fits of temper, the landlord refused to renew. We had to be out LAST weekend. Hubs and Schmoo are staying with MIL under the radar as she's in a retirement apartment complex.

We've been packing up and putting a LOT of stuff in storage, sending a LOT of canned and boxed foods to MIL. We've also been going back to the apartment to clean it up. I busted my back, literally, Sunday after church cleaning it so Hubs said I didn't have to come back anymore to clean. Miss E, however, who did as little as humanly possible, has to go back and continue to help until it's done.

MIL had no room for four of us, so Miss E and I are staying with a friend of mine from church, "J," and her husband "N." And out of respect to her, I do NOT drink the way I usually do, that is an entire bottle every Friday and several shots during the week. The only reason I had a triple shot tonight is her brother, "G," knocked over my cup of diet soda and paid me back in vodka. He and I could be friends.

I'm all the way across town from work, but thankfully I can get a bus to get me back and forth. I told my managers that this means I must leave EXACTLY at 5pm, or a few minutes before. The bus only waits five minutes. At the end of my break I fix up my soda to take home and when I get off, I have 5 minutes to get my stuff and get outside. I have one of those Mammoth cups that keeps drinks hot or cold for almost 24 hours and I love it.

I am currently looking for a new place to live, since it's just plain easier for me to look on my computer than it is for Hubs to try to look on his phone. Miss E has special transportation to and from school, and I called the school and said that any time she had to serve a "homework academy" (or after school hours detention to do homework she didn't do for class) that she do them after school. She's not happy that she'll have to walk from school to my work, which really isn't that far, to catch the bus with me back. Hoping that her not being happy about that will mean she'll do her homework.

I'm hoping to be able to spend more time with y'all, but y'all will have to hold off on the drunken Dear Effers letters until we get moved into our own space. I'll still write them, but I'll be sober. Drunken Dear Effers letters are more honest, IMO.

"I just go here!"

Good luck, Ria. We're moving to Athens aka Dawg Town (Georgia Bulldogs, that is.) on November 11. I'm doing as much as possible, which isn't a lot. It's a flat with two shallow steps and a rail up to the stoop or porch. Two bedrooms with their own bathroom. Mine will be the smallest because it has a walk-in shower--or something like that, Sissy said. I'm not going to have room for all my furniture, so I'm dumping my dresser and mirror. I'm taking just my fave books and donating the rest to Goodwill. I can buy more reads. Dean Koontz has a new one comeing out and James Burke has a new Dave book.

I've been dividing my time between throwing books into a laundry basket and editing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Lots of ppl moving this month.
    As Cindy said..Good luck Ria~ Hope you and your family find something soon.
    Right now the husband and I are watching that “uh hem” ghost documentery of some Saginaw mi ghost hunting crew on Amazon...(yawn)
    We have been to saginaw and Mi (double zzz)
    Not that interesting but whatever.
    We’re headed for bed soon anyway.
    Night all.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-12-2017 at 07:52 PM.

Getting some last minute errands done before my other half leaves for Florida on Monday for 10 days

Thanks, y'all. Cindy I saw your update on Facebook. I hope everything works out for you.

I'm currently watching Wednesday's L&O: SVU again, I fell asleep last night trying to watch. I'm exhausted. Been getting to work about 8:15am, and just clocking in early. I don't work until 9am Monday through Friday, except Thursday when I work at 8:30am. Of course TODAY my boss decides to wait until 2:30pm to start breaks. Even though we lost half our front end crew at 3. *grumbles* But that belongs on the vent thread....

"I just go here!"

Did a troubleshoot on Windows7. Too many programs starting up when I boot. Windows put quits to that. I still have a problem on Chrome, but I always have. I'm using Firefox. If it starts grumbling I'll go back to Chrome for awhile.

Now I'm trying to decide whether to transfer more jeans to my bed and later a box or read my historical, which I am going to let fly in December at the latest.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Meh, Just reading an article on grocery budgets...
    The comments are the nasty “I can do better than you” types,[can't stand that, maybe a peeve? Lol]
    IMO that crap is just fiction, ppl who want to use negativity to make themselves feel better which is very sad.
    so I decided to look around here for better reading and better folks.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-14-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Watching My Ghost Story while trying to figure out why Norton isn't letting IDM update.

Watching Miss Congeniality and got a load of laundry going. Found my Winnie-the-Pooh hoodie and I'm washing it to wear until my Freddy's hoodie I ordered arrives. (See vent thread for THAT story.) Will start supper here shortly.

Miss E and I went shopping this afternoon with a girlfriend from church and fun was had by all. We lunched at Chipotle, Miss E spent her gift card to Ulta (makeup store), I got jeans for work at Kohl's, and we got Miss E some new "under-her-wears" at Target in addition to snackage and sodas. Found her a pair of Wonder Woman underwear and she was THRILLED with them, but disappointed they didn't have the matching bra. Hell, I wished they'd had the Wonder Woman underwear to fit MY big brown ass. I'd have bought a pair.

"I just go here!"

Just watching that Badder Ben thing on Amazon....Feh.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Just watching that Badder Ben thing on Amazon....Feh.
    I've never used my prime video. I'm picky. I did see they had Troy with a smokin hot Brad Pitt, which I saw on cable a long time ago. And Leo's The Relevant, but I don't know if it would be worth the money.

What am I doing? Messing around. Thinking about all I've gotten packed so far and all the stuff in garbage bags piled in a corner, waiting for Sissy to dump for me. Nothing nasty, just old clothes and stuff like that. My room will be small, and I'm moving light. I'm not even taking my dresser. All I want is a bed and my computer, workstation, chair, and some other things. I want to pack now, but I don't want to wake Sissy up. I'm out of garbage bags anyway. Closets almost done, but, man, there's a bunch of stuff under my bed.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Catching up on "MasterChef" and doing a load of laundry. What an exciting life I lead. LOL

"I just go here!"

Messing around after a full day. I have four beta clients, touching up the historical, and building my writing website.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got home a bit ago from an evening with the bestie. Took Miss E Halloween shopping. She's gonna be Bat Girl. She wanted to be Wonder Woman, but they were out of appropriate costumes in her size. The two styles they had left got vetoed by me. One was spaghetti straps and the other was a corset-style costume. Uh, NO. Not on my fourteen-year-old. Plus she's wearing it to our church trunk or treat tomorrow. So double the no.

I got a Hogwarts robe. I'm a happy camper. I'm wearing mine to the trunk or treat tomorrow and again to work Tuesday. It's Gryffindor, and I'm Ravenclaw, but it'll have to do. I'm wearing black pants and a Gryffindor-burgundy t-shirt with it. I'm going to take my Freddy's t-shirt and a pair of jeans in case the GM decides to be a stick in the mud and say no. I don't think he will be, though, because it's not one of those barely-there costumes. It's a floor-length robe and underneath I'm wearing black pants and a t-shirt.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BatGirlLizzie.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	54448  
    Last edited by RiaBrown; 10-27-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Edited to add photo.

"I just go here!"

She's growing up!

I've been messing around after another long day doing what I do. I did finish one beta and sent it off to the author. He was pleased and asked me to do more. I said "Sure, but you'll have to go to the end of the line." I have two shortish pieces and two full length books on my platter. I should try to sleep, but alas. May continue watching Stranger Things.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just got home a bit ago from an evening with the bestie. Took Miss E Halloween shopping. She's gonna be Bat Girl. She wanted to be Wonder Woman, but they were out of appropriate costumes in her size. The two styles they had left got vetoed by me. One was spaghetti straps and the other was a corset-style costume. Uh, NO. Not on my fourteen-year-old. Plus she's wearing it to our church trunk or treat tomorrow. So double the no.

I got a Hogwarts robe. I'm a happy camper. I'm wearing mine to the trunk or treat tomorrow and again to work Tuesday. It's Gryffindor, and I'm Ravenclaw, but it'll have to do. I'm wearing black pants and a Gryffindor-burgundy t-shirt with it. I'm going to take my Freddy's t-shirt and a pair of jeans in case the GM decides to be a stick in the mud and say no. I don't think he will be, though, because it's not one of those barely-there costumes. It's a floor-length robe and underneath I'm wearing black pants and a t-shirt.

Hi Ria, Aw, she’s adorable! Does her school let her wear Halloween costumes to class?
    Our Children-Then our grandchildrens schools first started prohibiting costumes then they put the skids on parties..party poopers!
    They finally decided to just give them a “half day” off on halloween.
    Fun sucking vampire like sad sacks anyway!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-28-2017 at 10:31 AM.

No, she's in middle school. 8th grade. No costumes and no parties. She wore it to our church trunk or treat tonight and I decorated my first trunk. Platform 9-3/4 from Harry Potter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171028_163933.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	54451

"I just go here!"

Hiding.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD