Page 42 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3340414243445191 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,100 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

PurrPurr Guest
    Felt weird tonight taking a shower without an "audience." Heard from new owners that Popeye is already exploring his new home.

Doing some rearranging now that I have more space where the cat stuff was kept.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    The husband and I were just sitting here and saw TWO of the most beautiful wild turkeys go sauntering past our bedroom window! We have NEVER seen anything like it!
    These birds were beautiful and very uncommon where we live.
    Some may call me silly, but I have been asking for "signs" from a higher being and right at that instant,the turkeys wandered by. These were not the white ones seen on farms. These were colorful (brown,blue, red)very vibrant colors!
    just sayin.
    Funny you should post this, his. A friend on FB has been posting videos of a flock of wild turkeys in the trees near her house. Must have been a dozen birds or more.

What am I doing? Editing around moding.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Being surprised that John Amos is still alive and well. I used to watch Good Times when I was a kid and it's back in syndication. I also didn't know why he left the show as a kid. I do now, and it had nothing to do with him playing Kunta Kinte in Roots.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Being surprised that John Amos is still alive and well. I used to watch Good Times when I was a kid and it's back in syndication. I also didn't know why he left the show as a kid. I do now, and it had nothing to do with him playing Kunta Kinte in Roots.
    He clashed with the higher-ups regarding the direction of the show and the quality of the scripts. (It was focusing less and less on family values and more and more on Jimmie Walker's antics.) Eventually, they released him from his contract and his character was killed off.

I remember hearing something about him being jealous of Walker and about being a big diva.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    He clashed with the higher-ups regarding the direction of the show and the quality of the scripts. (It was focusing less and less on family values and more and more on Jimmie Walker's antics.) Eventually, they released him from his contract and his character was killed off.
    Yep, I read that on Wikipedia a few days ago when I got curious. What got me wondering was when he suddenly wasn't on the show a few days ago, and Esther Rolle's Florida mentioned to the neighbor that he was working out of town. They didn't say anything about his death, but I didn't watch every episode after that. It's just something I watch when I have time on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I remember hearing something about him being jealous of Walker and about being a big diva.
    I've not seen or ever heard anything about jealousy. I've seen and heard plenty, after searching, about his expectations were that the show would be a comedy, but one that focused on black issues. He said in an interview that he felt the playing up of JJs antics watered them down to the point that they were rarely mentioned near the end of the show's run. I find that most plausible because of his career and personal choices/statements.

Yep, I read that on Wikipedia a few days ago when I got curious. What got me wondering was when he suddenly wasn't on the show a few days ago, and Esther Rolle's Florida mentioned to the neighbor that he was working out of town. They didn't say anything about his death, but I didn't watch every episode after that. It's just something I watch when I have time on the weekends.

I've not seen or ever heard anything about jealousy. I've seen and heard plenty, after searching, about his expectations were that the show would be a comedy, but one that focused on black issues. He said in an interview that he felt the playing up of JJs antics watered them down to the point that they were rarely mentioned near the end of the show's run. I find that most plausible because of his career and personal choices/statements.
    My memories may not be right or I read the wrong rag. It's been a long time ago.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-18-2017 at 09:01 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

8. 03-19-2017, 03:55 PM

Sick of Facebook and thought I'd drop by and see what's new
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Havin' a happy. Came home to find three of my kids cleaning house. I'm easy to please. Clean up after yourseld and don't bitch about doing chores and we wkll get along fine.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Right now? I'm catching up on The Voice and the bromance between Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. Miss E and I are such avid fans of The Voice, that we have a game we play while we walk around town. We call it "The Voice Game." We'll start off by saying, "Okay. You have Adam and Blake, 'cuz, well, you have to. They're like peanut butter and jelly. One on either side of the two coaches in the middle, they're like bookends. Okay. You have Adam, Blake...." and here we start throwing in random singers to be coaches. Celine Dion. Kesha. P!nk. Fergie. Sia. John Lennon. David Bowie. Kelis. Beyonce. Lady Gaga. Seal. List goes on and on. And with that lineup of "coaches" we choose which song we'd sing by which coach and then which coach we'd pick. It has kept us amused for the last three days. LOL

Oh, yes. And I also just finished setting up a brand-spankin' new lappy. I am now the proud owner of an Acer Aspire E-15. It's a bigger laptop than I had planned on getting, BUT it has a DVD-RW drive which pretty much sold me right away. I had originally chosen an HP with almost identical specs, but the HP had a Celeron processor and this Acer has AMD. I've had Intel all my life, so I decided to try something new. I'm going to order a keyboard protector for this one, though, 'cuz lappies and soda...*koff* SPIKED soda....don't mix.

"I just go here!"

Edited about 15K words on my first manuscript: Dress Her in Chameleon, which I work on Mon - Fri.

Today, I'll start back writing on the second manuscript: A Deadly Spill of Scarlet, which is a current day crime thriller set in Miami, baby.

On Sunday I'll continue writing my autobiography: Along Came Cindy. I'm fixing to get into the drinking, fighting, tomcating, and attempted murder.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Dreading the thought of cleaning the house. Ugh..Its always something around here, Hate cleaning up after grown ppl.
    The husband helps out sometimes when he can but is considered a mini hoarder, [plus he's @ work anyway] the kids (who are technically grown) don't do diddley!
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-15-2017 at 10:51 AM.

navallint Guest
    Prepping for Easter.

If you celebrate, have a great one, find lots of eggs and remember what it really stands for.

We're having dinner at Brittany's. Her oldest, Gabe, is five years old. He is all excited.

Gabe to his Grams (Sissy): Talk your daughter into coming!
    Brittany: That's her sister!

Haha.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    We're having dinner at Brittany's. Her oldest, Gabe, is five years old. He is all excited.

Gabe to his Grams (Sissy): Talk your daughter into coming!
    Brittany: That's her sister!

Haha.
    Aw, That is so sweet
    He must love you so...

Feeling out of whack being at home today. I usually work Monday through Friday, but my Freddy's is closed today because we are having our tile completely redone in the kitchen and behind the front counter. Last night they moved everything that could be moved into the dining room, and today we're closed. I picked up a closing shift Saturday to make up for being off today, so the last three days I've felt like things were off....

"I just go here!"

ktkatinmn Guest
    Hubby and I are about 3 weeks away from moving across country. We have everything packed that can be packed, all that's left is what we use on a daily basis. We are all done with the buying process on the new house, and are just wrapping up the old house stuff - closing on May 18th and starting the drive.

We have been talking about the move for several years now, and this year it was just shit or get off the pot...

Very scary - turning life upside down, shaking it out and putting it all back together on the other side.

I have laid hands on everything we own, and it all comes down to - Am I willing to move this shit 2000 miles? We don't have much left.

My work wants to have a little celebration that I am leaving. They want to go to the bar after work on a Thursday...I don't. They didn't ask. How about a BBQ at noon in the lunchroom...? It's cheaper and I might actually go.

Our friends all want to have parties, but they want us to plan it and have it at our house...I don't. I have busted my ass getting this 113 year old house in move-in condition, not interested in cleaning up after anyone else, especially since I am happy to be moving away from half of them!

We are straight up exhausted, because we were not quite prepared to get rid of the old house when we put in the offer on the new one. And we have been hitting it hard to get it on the market.

The emotional attachment to our current life has not caught up with me yet. Hopefully it doesn't catch up to me until after the 3 day drive with 2 yowling (yet drugged) cats, and I can slide my ass into our new hottub in our new hometown.

Feeling fatigued which has been getting worse over the last month.
    Dreading having to strip beds, wash sheets, make the beds- Thank goodness I have a good husband who doesnt mind helping out.

PurrPurr Guest
    Feeling fatigued which has been getting worse over the last month.
    Dreading having to strip beds, wash sheets, make the beds- Thank goodness I have a good husband who doesnt mind helping out.
    Sounds like you should get an exam to rule out anything serious. Increased fatigue can mimic a lot of things.

I just finished my dinner dishes and now watching Law and Order reruns (again LOL).

Trying to edit, but I'm so dang sleepy. Going to take a nap before I nod off on my keyboard.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Personally taste-testing the margaritas I'm going to have next weekend for Cinco de Mayo. Bought a bottle of premade 25-proof margaritas and added some mango mixer to it for a mango margarita....yeah doesn't work without a shaker. Still good though

"I just go here!"

I'm plum tuckered, but can't sleep. So I'm going back to editing.

Last edited by cindyt; 04-27-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. I am actually watching last week's L&O:SVU and planning next week's Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Planning tacos, hard shell and soft, with chips and salsa. I DID buy the hamburger, cheese, taco shells, tortillas, and seasonings tonight. I'll get the chips and salsa, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes next week. Unfortunately, the margaritas gave me hella heartburn, so I'm going to experiment with a harder pina colada. That is, premixed pina colada with extra rum in it. I'm sad to say that margaritas and tequila, while I LOVE them, they give me heartburn. Jose Cuervo has turned on me.

"I just go here!"

Just looking around here and watching "The Chew" on Hulu..Love that show, Just wish they had all the seasons on Hulu.

PurrPurr Guest
    Just got home from the dentist. Waiting for Novocaine to completely wear off before I can think about eating dinner.

Watching Steve Harvey and loving the full body ache of another wave of weather moves in.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Just got home from the dentist. Waiting for Novocaine to completely wear off before I can think about eating dinner.

Ouchies. I feel for you. I always absolutely hated the thoughts of getting numbed for dental work because it seemed like the Novocaine took so long to wear off where I felt "normal" again (hell, I ain't normal anyway!).

Speaking of the dentist, I once went there to get some fillings and both Mom and I thought that he was only going to fill one tooth because that's all of the work I could stand during a visit (dentist offices always made me nervous - especially knowing that he always had that needle of Novocaine) and the dumbass filled six teeth at one time without informing me or my Mom!! Boy, she raised holy Hell about it when she found out and told him to never do that again!! He never did do that little stunt after that.

Nowadays? I've got "falsies" so.....I no longer have to worry about the horrors of the dentist. However, I do need a new set of both upper and lower dentures. My current ones are really painful to wear even for a day.

Oh, to keep with the thread title......I'm about to resume my reading of Johnny Rogan's two books on The Byrds: "Timeless Flight Revisited: The Sequel" & "Requiem For The Timeless: Vol. I"! The final book in that series will be out on August 1, 2017 and it will detail the lives & deaths of Clarence White, Kevin Kelley, Gram Parsons, Michael Clarke, Gene Clark, & Skip Battin. It's up on AmazonUK for pre-order so whenever I get the money to pre-order it, I'm definitely going to do so!! I'm a huge Byrds/Clarence White fan and I love the band period of 1968-1973. I'm not a huge fan of some of the songs before that except for "Tambourine Man" & "Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)."
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 05-03-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Hi Tony, long time no see. Hope all is well.

I'm relaxing during my three-day weekend. I picked up some new plants for the front garden and will be planting them after some arduous weeding. Last year's plants survived this town's brutal winter too, yay!

About to nod off on my keyboard. After I nap I'll start writing again. This is new stuff and I'm loving it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just finished my food prep for the week, now waiting on dinner. I'm actually starving. Hubs promised he'd have the dishes done by the time I got home from church around noon. He'd worked late last night, didn't get home to the wee hours of the morning and THEN had a manager meeting a few hours after that so he didn't get up till 3 hours ago. It was his turn on dishes.

I didn't say anything because I knew he was tired, but DID take refuge in the bedroom because I was tired of hearing him bitch and moan about taking his turn on dishes. Miss E and I had EACH had two turns this past week on dishes. I knew if I didn't go to the bedroom and calm myself down, I'd say something I'd regret. TBH,while the other two boys who live here buy their own food, they DO use our dishes, pots, pans, and silverware. SO. They shall be added to the dish rotation. 'Cuz I'm tired of picking up the slack.

"I just go here!"

On our way home from my dads house. We had an epic battle with a tree yesterday (that thing did NOT want to come down lol), and today was kind of a lazy day. I was working (preparing for teaching kind of an online 'class' on essential oils) at dads kitchen table. Turns out those chairs are not so comfortable and my lower back is killing me... I'm anxious to get home and get my heating pad out…
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 04-30-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Hi Tony, long time no see. Hope all is well.
    I'm doing as well as I can. My family has had to endure two deaths in the family just barely weeks apart - my uncle on Mom's side of the family & my cousin on Mom's side of the family.

The cousin that recently passed (Monday) had been suffering with congestive heart failure and her daughter took her to see her doctor on Friday. She was in congestive heart failure then but the dumbass sent her home!!

Sunday evening, she stayed up to read (as she normally does) and told the guy that was there with her that she was going to read for a while so - he went onto bed. Sadly, when he found her the next morning, she was dead from heart failure - and she was only in her mid-50s. None of the family got to see her before her daughter carried out the wishes of my cousin to be cremated (which happened on Thursday).

She had been battling drug and alcohol issues but, due to her poor health, she had actually stopped using before her death. She eerily told Mom the last time that they spoke on the telephone that "death would be a blessing for me"......sadly, she has now gone on and I just can't wrap my head around how it all seemed to happen so damned fast.
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Trout View Post
    I'm doing as well as I can. My family has had to endure two deaths in the family just barely weeks apart - my uncle on Mom's side of the family & my cousin on Mom's side of the family.

The cousin that recently passed (Monday) had been suffering with congestive heart failure and her daughter took her to see her doctor on Friday. She was in congestive heart failure then but the dumbass sent her home!!

Sunday evening, she stayed up to read (as she normally does) and told the guy that was there with her that she was going to read for a while so - he went onto bed. Sadly, when he found her the next morning, she was dead from heart failure - and she was only in her mid-50s. None of the family got to see her before her daughter carried out the wishes of my cousin to be cremated (which happened on Thursday).

She had been battling drug and alcohol issues but, due to her poor health, she had actually stopped using before her death. She eerily told Mom the last time that they spoke on the telephone that "death would be a blessing for me"......sadly, she has now gone on and I just can't wrap my head around how it all seemed to happen so damned fast.
    I'm so sorry, Tony. My condolences. That's a lot to handle all at once.

I'm worn out from weeding and putting in new plants. Had to remove the topsoil to get rid of the weeds because my yard looked like carpet of weed sprouts. Pain in the ass! Now I'm relaxing and about to have dinner. Very exciting but my yard and patio are in much better shape.Only had to replace one path light due to heavy snow this year. Not bad.

I'm so sorry, Tony. My condolences. That's a lot to handle all at once.

It definitely is and I don't think that my uncle's passing has really 'hit' me yet even though he was battling cancer. I know, though, that he's in a much better place and that he's not suffering anymore.

I'm worn out from weeding and putting in new plants. Had to remove the topsoil to get rid of the weeds because my yard looked like carpet of weed sprouts. Pain in the ass! Now I'm relaxing and about to have dinner. Very exciting but my yard and patio are in much better shape.Only had to replace one path light due to heavy snow this year. Not bad.
    For the first time in a long time we didn't have a big snow this past Winter (thank God). However, the weather seems to have went from Spring to Summer just like that *snaps fingers* - and I hate it because when it's very hot, it makes breathing very difficult for my Stepfather who has COPD/Emphysema.
    Last edited by Tony Trout; 05-03-2017 at 10:01 AM.

That moment when your hubby comes rolling up to get you....blasting mariachi music. Love that man!!!

"I just go here!"

Putting in a new ink cartridge. Fixing to print out the rest of the historical to comb over on Monday. Then I'm going to get an early start of exiting/writing new stuff on the the crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    That moment when your hubby comes rolling up to get you....blasting mariachi music. Love that man!!!
    LOL! Sounds like he has quite the sense of humor.

What am I doing?
    Just gutted a watermelon for the kids to snack on-

Surprised that it wasn't rotten like the garbage we've gotten the last 3 days at restaurants and grocery stores around here- WTH!

LOL! Sounds like he has quite the sense of humor.
    He does. He kept looking over at me on the ride home, and I had the biggest grin on my face. He USUALLY blares rap, which I loathe, so I just tune it out. I don't think I could've grinned any bigger had he come up blaring P!nk, who is my all-time favorite singer.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Kicking back with my legs elevated while watching Law and Order reruns. Am I the only one who misses Jerry Orbach?

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Kicking back with my legs elevated while watching Law and Order reruns. Am I the only one who misses Jerry Orbach?
    No, you aren't. I miss him the most and Chris Noth a hair less. They really had the partner thing going on.

Cleaned up a big mess I hopped into with WORD. Oh, boy. I tried to email a copy of my historical via WORD share and it added me to the share list and wouldn't let me save it. It said there was another person using. Yeah, me. Live and learn. I finally cleaned it up, but don't remember how. Doesn't matter. I'm never going to do that again. I'll go to One-Drive and sent it to my business email, as I did the first time I sent from word. Sheesh.

Going to lay down and read A Deadly Spill of Scarlet by John D. MacDonald, and later go down for a snack and a wee cold pack to put in my wee igloo.
    Last edited by cindyt; 05-05-2017 at 09:55 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just watched the Ducks-Oilers playoff game that ran into 2 OTs... Ducks made a comeback and won a game they nearly lost, and for that I'm an extremely happy camper... Now I'm relaxing and calming down from all the excitement.

Got the chicken patties I mentioned in the "What's For Dinner?" thread in the oven already. Mentioned to Miss E that since I slept through breakfast (and lunch) that I might make dinner early. She's starving and begged me to make it NOW. LOL So I've got two chicken patties and some curly fries for her and some tater tots for me in the oven. My tots unfortunately take dang near half an hour while the chicken patties and curly fries take only 15 minutes. So when I pull her fries and chicken patties out, I'll put my chicken on.

"I just go here!"

Going down for dinner and later hop into writing the crime novel.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

My mind is frazzled. I'm going to the park with my bestie to play
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

PurrPurr Guest
    Watching the Penguins-Capitals playoff hockey game.

47. 05-07-2017, 09:53 AM

Working on putting Vudu on the laptop so Miss E and I can watch Pitch Perfect and Pitch Perfect 2 while we continue our scrapbooking weekend.

"I just go here!"

PurrPurr Guest
    Cooking dinner...classic burgers and fries.

Fixing to go down and nuke leftovers.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trying to get warm and about to go prep taters for mashed taters once again, hubby loves em so I make em, along with some chicken left over from last night and veggies,

Feeling accomplished. Got one scrapbook page done and Momma's mother's day card done this weekend. I think I'll begin scrapping more in the evenings after work, and weekend afternoons. I forgot how relaxing it is, and how much I've missed it. If anyone wants to see what I've created, just ask and I'll go post it in the crafty hags thread.

"I just go here!"