Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 512131415162363 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Fixing to align some things on a website. It never ends, but it is always fun. Also going to add a Bruce Lee photo to my theLEES section of StarThriller.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Just looking here on FAD, Also looking at websites with easy cleaning tips..Its that time of year again,..The dreaded spring cleaning- Yikes! Can't stand it.

Waiting for the Schmoo!!!!!!!
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Are you squealing and dancing? :-)
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

For some reason I thought it was yesterday and I was like Why hasn't she said anything? Glad I was mistaken. Y'all have a blast. You know you will.

Just got up, fixing to do my midday devotions, then hit the shower, and soon after put a pot of turkey chili on the stove.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Waiting for lunch to arrive, then probably a nap

Fixing to nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

We're HOME!!!!! It was LOUD in here for a while!!!!!!

"I just go here!"

Niko88 Guest
    I'm ready for a nap. I woke up early to feed the dogs and cat. Give them their allergy meds and dental treats. Then did a bunch of spring cleaning stuff. Including going through a ton of bags of cans to get the tops for the Ronald McDonald house. I'm super happy that my Uncle and my little brother came by to help me with that. Then I made lunch for my Uncle before he had to get some sleep before work. I grabbed something to eat for myself, and now I think that I will get a nap before getting up to prep snacks for my Aunt to take with her on her way to Florida. And also make dinner for them. I'm thinking Beef tips with gravy and mashed potatoes. And also a veggie. Probably green beans or broccoli.

Finished setting up a new FB page for my It Works business, and I am wiped.

Schmoo is with his daddy visiting his grandmother he hasn't seen in a year, Miss E is crashed out, and I'm about to join her. My folks have tentatively scheduled lunch on Saturday so they can see the Schmoo, but it depends on with my sister's boyfriend is doing I s'pose. He's been remodeling their house.

"I just go here!"

Creating a Scripture Reading Guide in my Works file. I have decided to start reading the Bible online because holding it up sometimes hurts my neck, shoulder, or upper back. I listed each book and then hyperlinked the ones I'm reading now to the respective site online.

Fixing to game and then continue writing.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Posting on FB, fixing to go down and nuke breakfast. I'm in kind of a sad because today is my 14th wedding anniversary and all I have are a set of rings, a piece of paper, and a few photos of somebody I used to know. I was thinking the other night he and Harry the wonder dog are gone and it's as if neither existed. But none of us were promised a forever down here, and it is what it is. I still love him and I cherish the life we once had, but I have moved on, I have Christ, and I am content.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The only constant in life is change. I'm glad you have something to help and give you strength. I guess I do have one constant, after 38 years my wife still gets on to me for drinking milk out of the jug. You would think she'd be worn down by now.

navallint Guest
    Isn't it funny how things turn out in life's journey, Cindy, that you knew in your heart at the beginning that would never happen. I was married to my ex for 27 years, married him at 18. started dating at 15. I just was so certain we would be together for all our days. Had 3 children together, built a home. Then, BAMMM, it came crashing down. I was devastated.10 years after the divorce, I can't believe I stayed with him for so long. Heck, my daughters told me, after I broke the news that I had filed for divorce, that I should have left him a long time before, yep, they saw what I hadn't. It was God that brought me through it, after a couple months of binging on vodka. I had to turn it all over to him to heal. I will never truly be over it all, but I'm in a much better place.

I don't think it's possible to ever get over such a life change. It's as if someone died. I didn't drink (as I did when I lost our baby) but I spent about two weeks wanting to die, and there again, God pulled me right out of that.

Fixing to do my midday devotions, then scoot downstairs and put that pot of chili on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to do some dishes before watching hockey

Watching Deadpool.....
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Relaxing before bed. Dinner done, breakfast and lunch for tomorrow packed, watching L&O SVU while listening to the sounds of The SissyBubby playing. Have I mentioned how AMAZING it is to have him HOME????

"I just go here!"

Niko88 Guest
    I've been watching TrueBlood over again. I'm on season 2 episode 7. I remember when my best friend and I would watch it and make tons of popcorn. Lots of vino and have fun just looking at Alexander Skarsgard. YUM!! LOL

Finished evening devotions, fixing to game, and highly likely write.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Home from work. About to head for the showers, then start dinner. Gotta get showers, dinner, and lunch for tomorrow packed before 8pm, got an online It Works video conference at 8:30. I really need a nap or a cup of coffee....

"I just go here!"

Messing around waiting for Sissy to arrive with dinner. I still have chili, but for some reason I am sick of it. I think it's the turkey. Next time I'm using beef.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Needing a nap...hot showers always make me sleepy. But I can't go to sleep yet, pork chops are on the grill. I'm drinking a cuppa decaf in an attempt to fool my body and make it think I'm drinking regular coffee.

"I just go here!"

No more turkey chili or coffee water for me. Neither really made me sick but for some reason just thinking of either gives me the heebie jeebies.

I'm gearing up to do my evening devotions and then who knows what.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No more turkey chili or coffee water for me. Neither really made me sick but for some reason just thinking of either gives me the heebie jeebies.

I'm gearing up to do my evening devotions and then who knows what.
    Hi Cindy, What is coffee water?
    Ahh, Turkey! I really didn't ever care for turkey, But it was after one thanksgiving when we ordered our bird (They are the pre-cooked variety you just warm in the oven which I had done for years) Long story short- We were all sick after that. Yuck!
    Ground turkey always seemed dry and tasteless to me- After the Thanksgiving incident, I never wanted to ever see another one, in any form. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Hi Cindy, What is coffee water?
    Ahh, Turkey! I really didn't ever care for turkey, But it was after one thanksgiving when we ordered our bird (They are the pre-cooked variety you just warm in the oven which I had done for years) Long story short- We were all sick after that. Yuck!
    Ground turkey always seemed dry and tasteless to me- After the Thanksgiving incident, I never wanted to ever see another one, in any form. Lol.
    Coffee water is what Ria calls decaf. I love ground turkey burgers--used to. Ew. I don't think it was ruined, it just turned me off. We always buy fresh or frozen and cook them in browning bags. One year mama got ahold of one that was rotten. Yuck. Fortunately, she discovered it before roasting--I think. But that was way back in the dark ages before frozen food became what it is today, and some of it still sucks.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Coffee water is what Ria calls decaf. I love ground turkey burgers--used to. Ew. I don't think it was ruined, it just turned me off. We always buy fresh or frozen and cook them in browning bags. One year mama got ahold of one that was rotten. Yuck. Fortunately, she discovered it before roasting--I think. But that was way back in the dark ages before frozen food became what it is today, and some of it still sucks.
    So true about how some frozen foods suck these days.. I could go on & on- lol.
    A similar incident like you noted happened to my husband when he was young, He even remembers the year..1978. His mom took a turkey out to cook, And it was so rotted that it left a stench they never forgot! Lol.
    I do cook, I bake, but I don't do raw/frozen birds..They scare me..The Deli service I had bought Holiday dinners from for years was always great but that particular year they had 20 complaints of tainted birds-Which you couldn't tell it was bad because they were pre-cooked..I demanded our money back and even with them knowing they sold bad birds, They had the audacity to offer us another dinner in place of a refund! I was just livid! At that point after speaking with the store director, We finally got our refund. Still didn't pay for the unnecessary emergency room visit though. I never used them again mainly because of how they handled the situation..disgusting behavior.

Coffee water is what Ria calls decaf.
    I call it "brown sadness water," actually. LOL

"I just go here!"

I call it "brown sadness water," actually. LOL
    Lol. I don't even remember what real coffee tastes like. Just ate dinner while watching Revelation Road: Black Rider. Fixing to take a nap.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

navallint Guest
    Not in the mood for anything, but I really need to do a lot of things

^^That^^ also just discovered my wife's headphones cord had been "mysteriously" chewed apart. My kittens are starting to live the thug life.

32. 04-22-2016, 12:24 PM

Relaxing after a shower. Probably have some lunch & flip thru the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    ^^That^^ also just discovered my wife's headphones cord had been "mysteriously" chewed apart. My kittens are starting to live the thug life.
    Sissy's cat chewed her cell phone charger cord and she could not find another one. Ooops.

Riding the range. Fixing to do my midday devotions, then hop (for me) downstairs and nuke dinner to eat while reading or watching Netflix. I found a bunch of shows I want to see. Yeah!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to start the dough for homemade pizza. Schmoo's got a buddy coming over he hasn't seen for a year, so I said I'd make everyone pizza. After, I'm gonna get my drank on. Skully, you up for it?

"I just go here!"

Sounds like a few here are having pizza- That's just what we are having, Only, Ours is coming from Costco.
    Everyone but me likes it, I can take it or leave it.

I make it pretty much every weekend. I was going to make chicken tonight and pizza tomorrow, my adopted daughter wants to come over tomorrow evening and "kick it," and loves my pizza. But Schmoo and his buddy were begging in unison for pizza. LOL

"I just go here!"

We're having pizza too... fantastic stuff from the neighborhood pizzeria!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Ours was from Little Caesars and was fantastic, or maybe it was due to me not eating in in so long. I love the homemade. Back during the Civil War I made some from scratch--crust and all--and added everything for a topping when a friend came to watch Lonesome Dove on VHS. After, mama made potato soup. Ew. Haha. I like it now.

I'm fixing to do my evening devotions and then might organize my writing pinits.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm listening to Sia and about to start putting pizzas together. "Chandelier" is perfect for Friday night drinking....lyrics say, "123, 123 drink...123, 123 drink...throw 'em back till I lose count..."

"I just go here!"

Ours was from Little Caesars and was fantastic, or maybe it was due to me not eating in in so long. I love the homemade. Back during the Civil War I made some from scratch--crust and all--and added everything for a topping when a friend came to watch Lonesome Dove on VHS. After, mama made potato soup. Ew. Haha. I like it now.

I'm fixing to do my evening devotions and then might organize my writing pinits.
    Lol, Cindy, You didn't like Potato soup when you were in the civil war? (I get a giggle each time you mention those things, bcuz thats how old I feel sometimes,)My granny use to make really good potato soup-Nobody in our family could duplicate it. But my children, never liked soup of any kind. I love it- My youngest makes remarks like: Yuck, thats jail food- I come back back with "How would you know? You have never been to jail" lol. I dunno, When I was a kid, We didn't have too many choices..

Lol, Cindy, You didn't like Potato soup when you were in the civil war? (I get a giggle each time you mention those things, bcuz thats how old I feel sometimes,)My granny use to make really good potato soup-Nobody in our family could duplicate it. But my children, never liked soup of any kind. I love it- My youngest makes remarks like: Yuck, thats jail food- I come back back with "How would you know? You have never been to jail" lol. I dunno, When I was a kid, We didn't have too many choices..
    Don't know how mama's tasted, but Sissy's is pretty good. According to somebody I know who has spent a fair amount of time in Gwinnett County Jail the food was (sarcastically) "Good old peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." I think they feed 'em better in the big house. I'll have to ask my cousin. I have been arrested twice, but was bailed out or let go before mealtime.

I'm messing around, waiting for time to do my devotions and then wait for breakfast. I may organize more of my writing pinits.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-22-2016 at 10:22 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

About to start the dough for homemade pizza. Schmoo's got a buddy coming over he hasn't seen for a year, so I said I'd make everyone pizza. After, I'm gonna get my drank on. Skully, you up for it?
    Sorry punkin. Just saw this . You betcha.

Don't know how mama's tasted, but Sissy's is pretty good. According to somebody I know who has spent a fair amount of time in Gwinnett County Jail the food was (sarcastically) "Good old peanut butter and jelly sandwiches." I think they feed 'em better in the big house. I'll have to ask my cousin. I have been arrested twice, but was bailed out or let go before mealtime.

I'm messing around, waiting for time to do my devotions and then wait for breakfast. I may organize more of my writing pinits.
    I know Grannies was good and I'm ok on soups as long as it isn't split pea...or cream of broccoli or that canned condensed stuff-Ack!
    My brother (spoiled rotten brat) was hooked on that canned tomato soup as a kid and we always had to have what HE wanted when we were kids..Let me just say, I have not touched canned conensed tomato soup since becoming an adult.
    Jail, Yeah me too...twice, small traffic tickets, Thank God (literally) I was only there a couple of hours too..sadly, I got there the first time right @ lunch time, (oh joy! Lol) They served something that looked like the underside of a lawnmower, a sandwich that looked like wet cat food slid between white bread, and a dreary looking orange... I didn't touch it but there were a few others there who jumped at the chance when I gave it away-lol. Thats an experience I will never forget and will never do again!

Jail, Yeah me too...twice, small traffic tickets, Thank God (literally) I was only there a couple of hours too..sadly, I got there the first time right @ lunch time, (oh joy! Lol) They served something that looked like the underside of a lawnmower, a sandwich that looked like wet cat food slid between white bread, and a dreary looking orange... I didn't touch it but there were a few others there who jumped at the chance when I gave it away-lol. Thats an experience I will never forget and will never do again!
    Same here. Jail twice. First time for not paying traffic tickets, second time because a nosy busybody bitch made some shit up. I'll never go back, either.

First time, I was shuffled between four different facilities over nine days. I started out in my local city's jail cell in the police station. They served Banquet TV dinners, those $1 ones that only have two compartments. They tried to make up for it with a slice or two of dry wheat bread. They weren't equipped to hold prisoners longer than 48 hours tops, so no showers and no orange jumpsuits.

I was then transferred to where I'd spend five days of my stay, and there the food was inedible. I ate only a couple of times when I was in there. ONE meal, some rice and ham concoction, was edible that I did eat. But I couldn't stomach anything else on the tray. I did eat a dry waffle for breakfast one morning. The coffee was undrinkable swill. A fellow inmate took pity on me and gave me a packet of ramen noodles. I spent most of my time sleeping.

I was transferred out and went from the city lockup for court, where they came around a couple of times a day with bologna sandwiches stacked in a bag from a loaf of bread. They, too, weren't equipped to hold people longer than 48 hours. My court date was within a day or two, so it wasn't worth it to take me back to the other facility. So, I went from there to county lockup in town, and because I was shuffled back and forth to court, I got bag lunches. Bologna sandwich, stale tortilla chips, crappy orange "drink." I don't like orange ANYTHING so I refused to drink it.

Second time, I was down for 90 days and the food was someone better. Not as good as school food, but edible. I could buy a bag of coffee for $5 off the commissary, and ramen noodles, so between the meals I ate and commissary, I did just fine.

"I just go here!"

Nabo said the food, whatever it was, in county lock up, where he stayed 10 months, was horrible. I sent him care packages of spicy noodles--Romain, probably, and I deposited $50 in his account; that's mostly what he lived off of. I would have done more, but I could barely do that. After that they sent him to Jackson Diagnostic, and he said the food was much better and they treated him nicer. Then they shuffled him to immigration concentration camps all over the hoboken and gone. I have no idea what he lived through in those holes because we were not allowed contact. I tracked him online via their inmate list. They never once from the git go contacted me about anything. It was as if I didn't exist to them, and probably didn't. I'll shut up now.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Nabo said the food, whatever it was, in county lock up, where he stayed 10 months, was horrible. I sent him care packages of spicy noodles--Romain, probably, and I deposited $50 in his account; that's mostly what he lived off of. I would have done more, but I could barely do that. After that they sent him to Jackson Diagnostic, and he said the food was much better and they treated him nicer. Then they shuffled him to immigration concentration camps all over the hoboken and gone. I have no idea what he lived through in those holes because we were not allowed contact. I tracked him online via their inmate list. They never once from the git go contacted me about anything. It was as if I didn't exist to them, and probably didn't. I'll shut up now.
    Dear lord Cindy, I have not been here long enough to know who Nabo is, But I am assuming he is your husband? It sounds to me like you have been taken through a knot hole as its said... It seems absolutely terrible that you were treated as non existent. Especially if this is your spouse.
    IMO, The legal system has always been questionable...Needs serious re-vamping, JMO.

Dear lord Cindy, I have not been here long enough to know who Nabo is, But I am assuming he is your husband? It sounds to me like you have been taken through a knot hole as its said... It seems absolutely terrible that you were treated as non existent. Especially if this is your spouse.
    IMO, The legal system has always been questionable...Needs serious re-vamping, JMO.
    I agree. When you get married, your spouse automatically becomes your next-of-kin. She should've been notified about everything from the very beginning.

"I just go here!"

I agree. When you get married, your spouse automatically becomes your next-of-kin. She should've been notified about everything from the very beginning.
    Hi Ria , I totally agree, She should have been the firstto know everything, That must have been sheer agony. I just feel not letting family, especially the wife know what is going on (no matter what)is just inexcusable. JMO

Hi Ria , I totally agree, She should have been the firstto know everything, That must have been sheer agony. I just feel not letting family, especially the wife know what is going on (no matter what)is just inexcusable. JMO
    When the Schmoo was in juvenile lockup, and he just got out Monday, they never let me know ANYTHING after the last court date. Anything I found out, I found out from Schmoo himself when he called. He'd call thrice weekly: Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday.

His so-called worker never contacted me at ALL over the months, not until it was time for the meeting before Schmoo's release. This guy was supposed to pick me up from work, then go get Hubby and Miss E from our place before heading up north. First off, they postponed the meeting by two hours and didn't bother to tell ME about it. THEN he showed up at McDonald's, never bothered calling me to tell me he was there, and SAT THERE for an hour!!!! I sat inside the lobby, waiting, and it wasn't until I called HIM that I found out he was outside in the parking lot.

At the meeting, he told he he'd let me know Schmoo's earliest release date. Did he? HELL NO. SCHMOO told me his release date when he found out. Nobody ever called me or anything. Now, this guy is supposed to be checking in with Schmoo to make sure he's still on the straight and narrow, but I am not holding my breath. He has seriously dropped the ball and I am NOT a happy momma with that guy.

"I just go here!"

Yes, he is my husband. We had been married about 11 years when he got loaded and pulled a gun on a neighbor, which was a felony compounded by a second one for being illegal. He did wrong and I have never argued that he deserved to do time, but they should have kept me updated. It was a great big mess there at the end. They charged him with breaking parole when he was never on parole and they blackmailed him into signing a confession. These things I know to be true. I even contacted the media. But guess what? Apparently the reporter didn't give two shoos. Whatevah. He's in Mexico right now and I will never see him again on this earth.

Right, Ria. I think it's because he is illegal and they didn't recognize our marriage, though we were legally married though the authorities knew he was illegal.

Fixing to do my evening devotions and then get to whipping on my book. I have about four or five books planned. I need to finish Dress Her in Chameleon; Along Came Cindy is almost written, I just need to connect some events. And the other two: Nightmare in Magnolia and A Deadly Spill of Scarlet are based on past projects, so it's just a matter of rebooting the plot and writing them up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD