Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 444515253545562 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 4745

Thread: Whatcha Up to Right Now?

Currently stuck in the house. The raging blizzard (we are for real under a blizzard warning) has a 5foot drift in front of our door. We can get out the back for into the fenced in yard, but the gates are drifted shut... we are about to try and break out though because the drift has now blocked the furnace vent.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

I'm stuck inside, too. 30 degrees and a sheet of ice out there. I have no choice but to go out in 2-1/2 hours. I have a mandatory meeting I have to attend, and at the same time I take my trash out. I'm on the top floor so I only go down the 15 stairs as few times as possible. I have trouble seeing going down stairs.

Right now, I've just finished my food prep for the week's lunches and done the dishes and listening to music on Spotify from Random Encounters. Not sure if any of you are familiar with them. They do parodies and musicals of video games like Pokemon Go, Undertale, Mario Maker, Don't Starve, Five Nights at Freddy's, etc. They're hilarious. They're on YouTube and have albums released on Spotify and iTunes.

I'm not allowed to have paid stuff here like Netflix and Hulu, so I've had to find free online entertainment. Tubi TV is very similar to Netflix but free, you just have to put up with commercials. I've also been watching a LOT of YouTube. Random Encounters, SparrowRayne (who used to be with Random Encounters), JackSepticEye, and Markiplier are my favorites.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Last minute taxes. Joy

Talking to my editor. She says my article was hit! She offered me unlimited terms. She is talking about putting together a collection once I've submitted enough stories. I have found my niche.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's great, Cindy!

I'm making dinner (pork chops), watching YouTube, and perusing the interwebs. Been researching worker's comp and how to go about filing a claim. Some of you may have seen my post on FB this morning. To make a long story short, the last GM, GMK, didn't fix the drive-through window that has been broken for over two months. It's been stuck and impossibly hard to open or close. I'm the one who's ALWAYS on window, and as a result my left arm is now injured.

The new GM, GMJ, has made a list of things to fix and the window is at the top of that list, but it hasn't been done yet. He's barely been in the post for two weeks, though, so it'll take time. He started out lacking in people skills, but that has improved, and now we need to get him to realize we need more than two people to open the front of the store. I talked to him about that this morning, and asked for just one other person, especially on Monday mornings when I have to label and put away the truck, clean up from the weekend crew, and pretty much fill the reach-in refrigerator with backup pans of custard toppings.

I came home with the intent of emailing GMJ's boss about the window and my injured arm, and printing a copy for GMJ since worker's comp claims must begin in writing. I've been told I have rather nice handwriting, but I don't think a handwritten note on a piece of printer paper is going to be quite good enough. I texted a coworker when I got home to see roughly when the window broke, and she told me that GMJ had paperwork for me, so I'm not going to do the email just yet. When I get to work tomorrow if I find out I have to, then I will.

"I just go here!"

Good luck, Ria, and hope your arm feels better soon.

I'm writing a special Mother's Day article titled Finger in the Sky. (The second one, which I submitted a few days ago) was That Hedge of Imagination.)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching Dr. Phil

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Talking to my editor. She says my article was hit! She offered me unlimited terms. She is talking about putting together a collection once I've submitted enough stories. I have found my niche.
    Wonderful!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Thanks, Jim.

I've been in bed all day with my nose.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Writing and eating dinner: grilled turkey and cheese sammich with Diet Dr. Pepper. Yep, I'm back to work on my novel. I'd lost my earlier version some time ago and had started from scratch. Good thing I still have my outline, though.

"I just go here!"

Inventing curses to throw at the Utah Jazz.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Been sick. Ew.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Been sick. Ew.
    Cindy, Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well...Hope it isn’t anything serious—hope you get better soon

I’m just sitting here sipping a grapefruit water ..I have had the craziest yen for grapefruit lately and I don’t even like grapefruit~ weird.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    Cindy, Sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well...Hope it isn’t anything serious—hope you get better soon

I’m just sitting here sipping a grapefruit water ..I have had the craziest yen for grapefruit lately and I don’t even like grapefruit~ weird.
    Hey, His! I'm better today. It was something I ate.

I'm fixing to work on my blog.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Combining blogs and my as hurts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Glad you're feeling better, Cindy!

I'm watching Sherlock and working on my novel, "Silent Cries." I'm on chapter seventeen and page 75 so far and over 29K words. I'd had to start over because OpenOffice had corrupted itself for the eleventeenth time and stupid me, I didn't save it to the cloud. Well now I'm saving to the cloud every time I finish writing for the day. I did save the first chapter as a separate file so I could share it with friends.

Tonight we had a BBQ here at the shelter, so I didn't have to cook dinner. Yay! I rearranged my meetings schedule this week and met with my budget counselor tonight to free up tomorrow. I was going to try to go to the doctor Saturday for my arm, since I don't have anything going on Saturdays and have a whole day, but work needs me to go ASAP. SO I'm going tomorrow right after work. HOPEFULLY they don't put me in a sling or anything, but it's unfortunately looking like they WILL. *sigh* Pain is in my shoulder and elbow. But the good news is that because I have this worker's comp claim in, they're being forced to fix the window.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Glad you're feeling better, Cindy!

I'm watching Sherlock and working on my novel, "Silent Cries." I'm on chapter seventeen and page 75 so far and over 29K words. I'd had to start over because OpenOffice had corrupted itself for the eleventeenth time and stupid me, I didn't save it to the cloud. Well now I'm saving to the cloud every time I finish writing for the day. I did save the first chapter as a separate file so I could share it with friends.

Tonight we had a BBQ here at the shelter, so I didn't have to cook dinner. Yay! I rearranged my meetings schedule this week and met with my budget counselor tonight to free up tomorrow. I was going to try to go to the doctor Saturday for my arm, since I don't have anything going on Saturdays and have a whole day, but work needs me to go ASAP. SO I'm going tomorrow right after work. HOPEFULLY they don't put me in a sling or anything, but it's unfortunately looking like they WILL. *sigh* Pain is in my shoulder and elbow. But the good news is that because I have this worker's comp claim in, they're being forced to fix the window.
    Hope you don't have a torn rotor cuff. Maybe it's just tendinitis of that cuff, which is terrible pain enough.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Hope you don't have a torn rotor cuff. Maybe it's just tendinitis of that cuff, which is terrible pain enough.
    That's exactly what my mom said. She had to have surgery on hers a couple of years ago and is STILL getting some movement back.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    That's exactly what my mom said. She had to have surgery on hers a couple of years ago and is STILL getting some movement back.
    I have two or more friends who've had the surgery.

My left shoulder hurts. Really bad sometimes. But I think it's tendinitis because Icy Hot relieves it. I think it's due to the way I sleep.

Speaking of sleeping, I can't. I was up all night trying to get the size of my font fixed on my blog. Finally succeeded.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The sun is shining, just like yesterday. Except today it’s awfully windy today, and the wind is FRIGID! The dog and I went for a nice long walk yesterday, and I wanted to go again today and do some yard work but it’s friggen cold!!!
    So, I guess I’m watching Gilmore Girls and working on oil stuff. I can’t decide what I wanna make my next video about...
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 04-25-2018 at 10:18 AM.

I've had my right shoulder rotator cuff done back in the 90's. The rehab is a bitch. Bad thing is if you go right back to doing the same work, It's likely to stay weak and painful. Which I did. Knowing what it feels like, I know I have tears in both cuffs now. They do make much better neoprene braces now. Both my shoulders are killing me today, because I went and helped out my Son, by operating a Stump Grinder all day. Combined with the Weather front moving in, I feel beat up.

trying to get hubby's butt in gear to get to our hotel room, we booked a room for the night, I'll rant about it in pet peeves

Fixing to add a guest writer to my blog, then add the interview I did several years ago with the great Al "Ka-bong" Leong. He has absolutely nothing to do with Buford, but it's my blog. I'm going to stick him under Off the Street or Outer Limits or some article section like that. I can also add Brandon Lee articles I've written.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Took the dog for a walk around the block (we live in the country, so “around the block” is just over 3 miles), we both ate our breakfast, now I’m getting ready to go to the dentist and the dog is napping.

Taking a break from sleeping.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Listening to a Spotify playlist a friend and I made in tribute to Harry Anderson.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Just finished dinner and am messing around here.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I turned my Amazon Fire into a phone for free, including texts and calls.

ETA I no likey.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-27-2018 at 02:57 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trying to digest all I ate and drank tonight so I can get some sleep.

Still kind of in shock. Looks like we're getting our FOURTH GM in less than a year's time. The original GM quit (or was fired) ten months ago. He was AMAZING, treated his crew and managers extremely well. When he left, it was the first time I got teary-eyed over a manager leaving. Ever.

Second was demoted and moved about a month ago. Not surprising, really, he didn't do much at ALL, but boy he cared about that bonus GMs get for keeping labor and costs down. He wouldn't fix what needed to be fixed because he didn't want to spend the money, refused to order what we needed until he had "enough to order to justify the shipping costs." He's the reason I have an injured arm and a worker's comp claim today, because he refused to call someone to fix the drive through window.

Third started out doing an amazing job. A REALLY amazing job. He was on the ball, started fixing what needed fixing and ordering what needed ordering, sent me to the doctor for my arm (which is a sprain AND a muscle strain). The drive through window has been looked at, and we are waiting on a part to come in so the repairman can come back and fix it for good. Apparently HIS boss thought he was doing an amazing job, too, because HE just got promoted and they're taking him away from us.

Imagine my shock when I walk into work a couple of days ago to be greeted by the GM and another guy. Who is introduced as our new GM. Fourth one in ten months. I certainly hope this one sticks around, he reminds me quite a bit of the original with his sense of humor. He asked a couple of us for a hand doing something, and we all burst into applause. (I'm sure the guests in the lobby thought we had all lost our ever-lovin' minds. ROFL) "Okay, I had that coming. Now please help me with this," was his response. He seems to be continuing the 3rd GMs "track record" of fixing what needs fixed and making sure we have what we're supposed to have.

Gosh I hope this is the last major change at work in a while. I'm not sure if I can take another major change like that in this short of time.

"I just go here!"

Thinking about food.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thinking about food.
    It sucks that EVERYTHING taste better, the later it is.

I am watching a NHRA Event. I am still trying to get my head wrapped around the new-ish (to me) 4 lane races. dragsters, Funny Cars and Drag Bikes. I almost too much to watch in one race.

Polishing my current newspaper article: Frankenstein and the Finger in the sky. Hoping the editor will allow me to attach a family photo. Also thinking about the Father's Day piece.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching L&O: SVU, listening to Miss E's really bad singing, and working on my novel.

Miss E: Go do Mean Mexican Lady things.

Me: Like....work on my novel that's gonna make me MILLIONS?

Miss E brightens: YEAH! Like that!!

ROFLMAO

"I just go here!"

Waiting for dinner to arrive.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm watching SVU

Need to be sleeping. Took my meds 2-1/2 hours ago. I'm on an anti-inflammatory for my arm injury. It's supposed to make me sleepy and I worried I'd conk out before the laundry finished. Nope. Still awake! Geeeeeez....

"I just go here!"

Converting my novel file to rtf and uploading it to DOCS.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Revising chapter 2 of the historical.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Feeding the baby lorikeets, they are so cute....

I had a dentist appointment today, and now I am pulling up the flowers that are next to my garage (they’re out of control!!) and waiting for some feeling to come
    back to my jaw

Just out of the shower. Fixing to run some errands in a bit.

Watching last night's L&O: SVU. I sat down at 9pm to watch...weather man was on talking about severe weather. I thought, well, after he's done SVU will come on. I was so proud of myself for remembering what time my show was on AND remembering that the big, flat, black thing in the living room is a TV. It ended up being on at 8pm. *facepalm*

Not long after I figured out that I'd completely missed SVU, my phone and Miss E's both went crazy. Yep. We had to take shelter. Tornado warning. Luckily the shelter we're staying at has a storm shelter in one of the buildings, so we went there. For almost an hour, I was in the storm shelter with seven other adults and about a dozen noisy kids. But we escaped the tornado unscathed, so that's a good thing.

"I just go here!"

Relaxing in bed after a long afternoon of errands.
    Bills are paid, got groceries,watched tv,dishes are done, and visited some ducks. So now I'm relaxing and may read or watch something on Netflix or YouTube.

Uninstalling WORD, fixing to revise the last part of the last chapter and start revising the next.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Finished my weekly cleaning a day early. I usually clean on Saturdays while Miss E is out with her dad. It's easier that way, she's not getting in my way and messing shit up right after I've cleaned it. She left before I got home from work to spend the night at her dad's and she won't be home until sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. We're having our Cinco de Mayo tacos Sunday after church because I refuse to cook a big meal like that for just me.

Tomorrow, however, in addition to being Cinco de Mayo, is also National Scrapbooking Day. I don't have any of my photos here, but I DO have some of my cardstock, my tote of tools and adhesives, and my die cut machine with cartridges. The only reason I have that stuff is I was volunteered to do some crafty stuff for the church over Christmas. I can't scrap any pages but I CAN make some cards. I haven't missed a National Scrapbooking Day in probably 10 years or so.

"I just go here!"

Working on my scene chart because I have a bad case of insomnia.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

DeathBuzz Guest
    Almost ready to leave work. I hate working Saturdays.

Being disappointed in my usual scrappy haunt's festivities for the day. *sigh* They used to have an entire forum devoted to it, full of challenge threads, the door-prize thread where all you had to do to be entered was drop in and say hi, other threads about what people are eating or drinking or watching or listening to... None of that this year. Just two threads. One about the day itself, and the second with the actual challenges. None of them hourly, three of them 3-hour, all the rest? 3 WEEKS.

For me, it was a high to complete a project from start to finish AND upload it within an hour. I LOVED it, I thrived on it. I did enter a challenge, it's a three-week one, though. I usually do enter at least one, though, and it's always a card challenge or one that accepts cards because I make my mom's Mother's Day card. *sigh* Oh, well. I'm not going to let their lack of festivities ruin my fun. I have plenty of Cherry Diet Dr Pepper and some of my scrappy stuff here. I've started Pitch Perfect and I'm about to just start cardmaking.

"I just go here!"

Ria, sounds like something's going on with the planners.Maybe something's happened or their interest is lagging.

Taking a pee break from sleeping. Having barely slept for two days, I finally drifted off about 7 this afternoon. When I woke up a few minutes ago I figured it was at least midnight, but no. I just hope I can get back to sleep.

On the bright side of the day, my Mother's Day article, Frankenstein and a Finger in the Sky, was published a week early. I had been worried that I came down too hard on Mama, but Sissy said there wasn't anything to be worried about.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD