Thread: Toddler burned in oven - Houston, TX

Toddler burned in oven - Houston, TX

I'm kind of surprised I couldn't find anything about this. It is the stuff of nightmares. So hard to believe it actually happened. http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/11/20/d...en-by-sibling/

The adults who left them alone better be jailed for a very long time. This is heartbreaking. I cannot imagine how that baby suffered.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Damn....just read this and came here for more info. Heartbreaking.

Forget being jailed....they should be on death row. Leaving 4 kids, little kids alone so you could go out with your boyfriend?.....incredible
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Well, I have to say personally, I think death row is too good for them (and I'm one of the few blue spots in an otherwise red state). Not only the absolute horror of the incident itself, but the fact that 3 year olds would even think about doing something like that, being able to turn the oven on, and not doing anything to stop it, makes me wonder what kind of behavior those kids have been exposed to in their young life. I realize kids do unexplainable things, but most of the 3 year olds I know probably couldn't open the oven door and or know how to turn the oven on. I can conceive of 6-7 year olds putting a baby into an oven just to play around, but I don't think they would turn it on. There used to be reports all the time of kids playing in abandoned refrigerators and dying. But 3 year olds???? Either there was an unknown older person involved, or those kids have seen lots of bad things. If that's the case, the parents are worse than first imagined. But, again, and I may well be wrong, but I just don't see how a 3 year old knows how to turn the oven on. My controls are on the front where they could probably be reached, but it's at least 2-3 steps to turn it on. Don't know, just don't know. I have too many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Well, I have to say personally, I think death row is too good for them (and I'm one of the few blue spots in an otherwise red state). Not only the absolute horror of the incident itself, but the fact that 3 year olds would even think about doing something like that, being able to turn the oven on, and not doing anything to stop it, makes me wonder what kind of behavior those kids have been exposed to in their young life. I realize kids do unexplainable things, but most of the 3 year olds I know probably couldn't open the oven door and or know how to turn the oven on. I can conceive of 6-7 year olds putting a baby into an oven just to play around, but I don't think they would turn it on. There used to be reports all the time of kids playing in abandoned refrigerators and dying. But 3 year olds???? Either there was an unknown older person involved, or those kids have seen lots of bad things. If that's the case, the parents are worse than first imagined. But, again, and I may well be wrong, but I just don't see how a 3 year old knows how to turn the oven on. My controls are on the front where they could probably be reached, but it's at least 2-3 steps to turn it on. Don't know, just don't know. I have too many questions.
    ^^^Yes.. this. Just what I was thinking.

navallint Guest
    Poor little babe. Hope the ones responsible, not the kids of course, are shanked like a hog.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Hmm, I agree, too many questions that need to be answered. My oven and stove controls are on top, but you have to push the dials in before you can turn them on. Child proof in a way, but all stoves are different. I just think it's strange, unless, like you were saying they have seen way to much go on in that house.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

most gas stoves have the knobs on the front, this way you will not burn yourself turning off the flame. Too much stinks on this case
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I agree, it stinks.

Kind of reminds me of another case we just had here where a mother left her kids alone to go party and the house burned down and the 3 or 4 kids all died. At first she tried to make it sound like she had just run out of the house when she was arriving home, but then the real story came out.

I too find it odd that the kids would think to put the baby in an oven and "make it hot", and I agree that if they did do that they have some issues and have seen some shit. SMH, either way these kids should not have been home alone. A responsible adult there would have never allowed this to get to the point it did, even if for some reason the 3 year olds did think to put a baby in the oven and turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I agree, it stinks.

Kind of reminds me of another case we just had here where a mother left her kids alone to go party and the house burned down and the 3 or 4 kids all died. At first she tried to make it sound like she had just run out of the house when she was arriving home, but then the real story came out.

I too find it odd that the kids would think to put the baby in an oven and "make it hot", and I agree that if they did do that they have some issues and have seen some shit. SMH, either way these kids should not have been home alone. A responsible adult there would have never allowed this to get to the point it did, even if for some reason the 3 year olds did think to put a baby in the oven and turn it on.
    I agree with you that it stinks. Any adult who would leave children alone either "knew" or "should have known" that it was a very real possibility that without adult supervision anything that happens in the home or to the children would be exacerbated. Therefore, if a fire broke out or one's THREE-YEAR olds could have or did do something gigantically horrific, any and ALL adults who left them should be held responsible for the death. In this case, murder. While it wouldn't make me happy to see them sent to death row, I feel that punishment is used too often and its "punch" therefore is diminished -- not to mention the fact that tiny children would be cross examined, so asking for the ultimate punishment in this case, IMO, is inappropriate.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

krystleann Guest
    And the poor children who did it are going to have to live with it the rest of *their* lives... (

I read about this earlier today and was horrified. That poor baby suffered so much. Something is just weird about this. How would three year olds think to do something like this and if the baby was kicking the oven door, why wouldn't they open it. It had to be screaming it's head off. Those kids have to be pretty screwed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Update - parents arrested for endangerment, and the 4th child was 5 yo. Still think there is more to it than meets they eye. http://news.yahoo.com/mother-boyfrie...191450706.html

How the hell did the oven tip over, there is no way a child could get that thing tipped over, I can barley move mine to clean around it. Something is not adding up. She has four kids and is 8 and 1/2 months pregnant with another one, well had four kids.

This just happened again!!! Another horrific incident in TX. I remember when I was expecting my daughter 31 years ago, I read about a similar incident as these last two and broke down crying, I never forgot that tragedy, I am still sickened about that article/incident on so many levels.
    How can so many monsters be posing as humans? Terrifying! Those poor babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    ^^^Yes.. this. Just what I was thinking.
    Same here. I think more went on in that house than we know about. Very horrific ending for that little one by the hands of her siblings, sounds strange to me.