Thread: Ovitz Family: The Seven Dwarfs of Auschwitz

Ovitz Family: The Seven Dwarfs of Auschwitz

The Ovitz family were a family of Romanian Jewish actors/traveling musicians who survived imprisonment at the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II. Most of them were dwarfs. They were the largest family of dwarfs ever recorded and were the largest family (twelve family members from a 15-month-old baby to a 58-year-old woman) to enter Auschwitz and to survive intact. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovitz_family
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow.

I've never heard of them; it's amazing that they all went in and that they all came out.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

krystleann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Wow.

I've never heard of them; it's amazing that they all went in and that they all came out.
    Same here, and well said!

Perhaps sick to suggest, but since they performed strange experiments, often torturous on the Jews, and then killed most of them, it's quite incredible that they'd pass up the chance to mess with them particularly.
    Last edited by krystleann; 11-18-2015 at 03:24 PM.

xcellent..................

The documentary is on Netflix and that's how I found out about them. They are truly blessed to have survived.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow. Never read about this family before. Good find.

And I just knew that bastard devil Mengele would be in the story......Auschwitz. Of course he would be.

So glad they survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Wow. Never read about this family before. Good find.

And I just knew that bastard devil Mengele would be in the story......Auschwitz. Of course he would be.

So glad they survived.
    Of course he would be.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Yeah, with what I've read about the way the Nazis treated handicapped people and others who were "not normal"; I'm surprised they weren't done in straight away. I'll have to check out that documentary. It's truly amazing that all of them got through it alive.

krystleann Guest
    Yeah, with what I've read about the way the Nazis treated handicapped people and others who were "not normal"; I'm surprised they weren't done in straight away. I'll have to check out that documentary. It's truly amazing that all of them got through it alive.
    I'm not one of them, but there are a bunch of people out there claiming the Holocaust was a hoax, or that it was grossly exaggerated as to how bad it really was. I bet they'd use this to help prove their point.

Quote Originally Posted by krystleann View Post
    I'm not one of them, but there are a bunch of people out there claiming the Holocaust was a hoax, or that it was grossly exaggerated as to how bad it really was. I bet they'd use this to help prove their point.
    They would be making an invalid argument.

A lot of people claim a lot of crazy stuff. Was the Holocaust as "bad" as it has been said? Yeah, I think so - it doesn't matter if it was 6 million or 6000 or 600; it was as bad as has been said not because of the numbers.

They would be making an invalid argument.

A lot of people claim a lot of crazy stuff. Was the Holocaust as "bad" as it has been said? Yeah, I think so - it doesn't matter if it was 6 million or 6000 or 600; it was as bad as has been said not because of the numbers.
    ^^^^^This.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

For the naysayers, the camp ruins still stand. You can Google Earth Auschwitz-Birkenau. Sorry, I don't believe the "holocaust hoax." I believe the Holocaust happened. And we must do everything in our power to make sure it never happens again. I did a speech on the Holocaust for speech class in college. The research for it was fascinating. There is a book out there, I forget the author, but the title is "In The Camps." The photographs are chilling, and harrowing, and definitely prove that the Holocaust happened.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

My uncle was in a camp. I know it happened

A late family friend was a German lady who married an American serviceman and immigrated to Georgia. IIRC, she was born in what she called an Aryan baby factory, which aimed at producing a super race of men. She said that most girls born there were killed, but apparently her mother was a favorite of a higher up and so our friend survived. Anyway, she knew the Holocaust was real and spoke of it from her mother's memories of the times.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

krystleann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    A late family friend was a German lady who married an American serviceman and immigrated to Georgia. IIRC, she was born in what she called an Aryan baby factory, which aimed at producing a super race of men. She said that most girls born there were killed, but apparently her mother was a favorite of a higher up and so our friend survived. Anyway, she knew the Holocaust was real and spoke of it from her mother's memories of the times.
    It's like those that claim 9/11 never happened.. Although many of us can agree it didn't happen as the official story goes, it's crazy to hear people who would claim there are absolutely no victims.. As if thousands of people and their family's accounts for them being deceased is easy to create.. Absolute lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    For the naysayers, the camp ruins still stand. You can Google Earth Auschwitz-Birkenau. Sorry, I don't believe the "holocaust hoax." I believe the Holocaust happened. And we must do everything in our power to make sure it never happens again. I did a speech on the Holocaust for speech class in college. The research for it was fascinating. There is a book out there, I forget the author, but the title is "In The Camps." The photographs are chilling, and harrowing, and definitely prove that the Holocaust happened.
    I agree. And the radical Muslim's ultimate goal is to eliminate all other religions.. They want their own holocaust. Sorry to be off topic, just sayin'. lol
    Last edited by krystleann; 11-19-2015 at 08:42 PM.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    The documentary is on Netflix and that's how I found out about them. They are truly blessed to have survived.
    Just watched this on Saturday. It was excellent.

I watched this documentary over the weekend and it is worth watching. Perla (Piroska), the youngest, is interviewed. It is amazing that all 7 got out alive.

I found the documentary on Youtube several months ago. I'd never heard of them either. Interesting documentary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My mom worked at a McDonald's back in 1999 or 2000 one day she was cleaning the lobby , getting a break from the drive thru, one of her regulars and her husband were in the lobby and mom went over to chat with them, the woman and man both had blue numbers tattooed on their arms. They saw her looking and quickly covered it up, mom put her hand on the woman's shoulder and said I am so sorry that this had to happen, well as time went on mom learned that they both were at a camp, they lost their daughter, their son and newborn baby. They didn't go into detail about how bad it was, but for someone to think it was a hoax, that is just wrong.

I completely agree with you, PK. It's not a hoax. Never was.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    it still blows me away that people question this. I was a weird little kid & fascinated by it, so I ended up seeing pictures you typically wouldn't show a second grader. I've never forgotten them. Seriously, what would even be a motive for such a conspiracy? That's what kills me about so many of them. They don't even begin to make sense!