Thread: The Bastard Executioner

The Bastard Executioner

The new show by Kurt Sutter. I have watched the 2 epi's shown so far and still don't know what to think. So many plots and sub plots. I am hoping with a few more shows the characters and storylines can flesh out a bit better. Anyone else catch the show yet?
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I started it the other night -- I guess it's kind of ironic that a death hag doesn't really enjoy seeing people get hacked up on such a regular basis and so graphically. Plus, I, too, couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. Think I'm going to delete from my watch list.

I watched the first episode but missed the second so I need to catch up. I'm on the fence about it. I still miss SOA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Having issues with this new series......and you are right I miss SOA....Maybe its seeing Gemma dressed as a Medieval concubine with dirty blonde hair, no tattoos, and missing the heart scar is giving me problems
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Meh, just another video-game-like contrivance, which, after ten minutes, made me sneer and switch channels. If I want a cartoon I'll watch the genuine article. Tired of all these pull-another-CGI-out-of-my-ass disasters.

IMHO, It was totally unwatchable.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Sutter sucks. SOA sucked. This unabashed GOT wannabe rip off will suck.

They must have had a huge stock of fake blood left over from SOA.

I love Katey Sagal, but the character of Annora isn't doing anything for me, likewise her random witch/fortune teller accent out of a 1930s horror movie.

Everytime I see Stephen Moyer (True Blood) I expect a tiny blonde to bust into the room screeching "Beel, Beel, Beel!" in a questionable Southern accent.

I like the lead, Lee Jones, who plays Wilkin.

I'm not really sure what they were going for here, I don't think the SOA fanbase is going to embrace this show.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I will keep watching. it took me 1 1/2 seasons of SOA before it clicked. Just gotta work past my Post-SOA depression.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I watched the first couple of episodes of this but just couldn't get into it, major disappoint after SOA.

What's funny is when it was cancelled, Sutter tweeted: "I asked the people and the people said 'meh' so TBE will not be back for a second season." I think it was too soon after SOA for him to present his fans with something so totally different than SOA. I'm excited to see his new show about the Mayans when it comes out. I like Sutter and I think he's a good writer but TBE was not his thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    What's funny is when it was cancelled, Sutter tweeted: "I asked the people and the people said 'meh' so TBE will not be back for a second season." I think it was too soon after SOA for him to present his fans with something so totally different than SOA. I'm excited to see his new show about the Mayans when it comes out. I like Sutter and I think he's a good writer but TBE was not his thing.
    I'm looking forward to the one about the Mayans too.