Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reporters shot live on Air

How did they not see him or the gun.. How??? Awful question, but when did he say Bitch.. I didn't catch it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    How did they not see him or the gun.. How??? Awful question, but when did he say Bitch.. I didn't catch it
    You can hear him mouth it, doesn't really say it loudly.

I didn't hear him say it either. You can hear him walking up though for sure. I am guessing they were aware an additional person had arrived but were trying to focus on getting through the interview, since it was live. If you heard somebody coming up behind you, I guess your first thought probably wouldn't be "hey, I wonder if that's somebody with a gun who wants to kill me?"
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

(there are no awful questions here)- I heard him say 'bitch' right after he points the gun at her the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopydrea View Post
    (there are no awful questions here)- I heard him say 'bitch' right after he points the gun at her the first time.
    Yep. I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually record themselves shooting someone then leaked it to the internet.

Twitter will need to put a delay on their video and picture uploads to prevent people from doing it again.

(Jacksonville represent!)

I haven't either. I think that this is as close to Christine Chubbock as we'll ever get, hags.

(woop, Hey Dude! I'm actually at the beaches but putting jax is more recognisable lol)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    (Jacksonville represent!)

Florida? My hometown.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Yeppers. Born and raised here in the crazy state. Lol...

I wonder if this incident will change the way live news reports occur.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopydrea View Post
    I haven't either. I think that this is as close to Christine Chubbock as we'll ever get, hags.

(woop, Hey Dude! I'm actually at the beaches but putting jax is more recognisable lol)
    At least Christine Chubbuck WANTED to die - these poor people were just doing their jobs.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Sandalwood - Class of '79

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

"Court records indicate Flanagan filed a lawsuit against WDBJ in March 2014. One of the victims of the shooting, Ward, was served a subpoena as a witness in the case, which was ultimately dismissed."

http://www.wtoc.com/story/29882233/r...-live-tv-in-va
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Seagorath Guest
    More race war ammunition.

Right. No disrespect meant to the victims here.

That's the year I was born. ��

What baffles me is that this animal (too nice a word, I know), seemed to be standing so close to his victims when he was pointing the gun, yet none of them looked up.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Seagorath Guest
    Where was the foot security and the street patrol...Oh, out busting Tommy Pothead. Dude should have been gunned down within minutes of firing. The fact that he made it to Twitter is really pathetic.

Crap. He died. I wanted him held accountable.

most vids have been taken down. but i found this site that has it:

http://www.infowars.com/graphic-shoc...point-of-view/

Now they are saying the shooter IS dead.

Also, according to this story, the interviewee is in stable condition. THAT will be a hell of an interview, when she recovers.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/26/us/vir...dbj/index.html
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Reading his facebook....he called himself a high priced companion.....under the picture of himself in a thong. Isn't that another phrase for Male Hooker?.....It is a shame that this guy's gun didn't go off while he was cleaning it. Would have saved a lot of horror and heartache for a lot of families.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Some highlights of the 23 page fax:

This shooting was somehow in response to the church shooting in Charleston. He expressed admiration for the Virginia Tech and Columbine killers.

"He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work --He says he has been attacked by black men and white females --He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man"

“Yes, it will sound like I am angry...I am. And I have every right to be. But when I leave this Earth, the only emotion I want to feel is peace....”

“The church shooting was the tipping point…but my anger has been building steadily...I’ve been a human powder keg for a while…just waiting to go BOOM!!!!”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-al...ry?id=33336339
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Just saw a version where he says it the first time he points the gun at her before he lowers it. I also found this....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chi-virginia-wre0030725855-20150826.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	52995  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I saw this on the news and I knew the vid would be on here. I had alot of trepidation about watching but honestly I watched it, it wasnt as graphic as I was anticipating. I noticed it blacked out most of the end I wonder if the site did that or if the gopro was damaged? I'm glad he's dead but I also wish he would have lived and had to go to jail because he wanted to die and I dont think he should have gotten anything he wanted.

ozzysmom Guest
    What about the lady they were interviewing????? Is she ok?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Right now she is out of surgery and stable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    she was shot in the back and is in critical condition I believe

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Right now she is out of surgery and stable.

Thank goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    I saw this on the news and I knew the vid would be on here. I had alot of trepidation about watching but honestly I watched it, it wasnt as graphic as I was anticipating. I noticed it blacked out most of the end I wonder if the site did that or if the gopro was damaged? I'm glad he's dead but I also wish he would have lived and had to go to jail because he wanted to die and I dont think he should have gotten anything he wanted.
    It was still recording sound so I wonder if he dropped it when he started shooting. Probably realized the recoil was more than he thought it would be and he needed two hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lilepad336 Guest
    I haven't been on here in a long time but started back today because of this story. I knew all of you would be on top of everything and I wasn't dissappointed! I even joined Twitter (even though I don't know how it works LOL and would love to have followers to help me @Lilepad336) Anyway, This is a very sad instance that just shouldn't have happened. I did see that Hilary Clinton made a speach in Iowa today regarding this. And talked about gun control. There are two sides to that but she made a good point, if they can regulate the selling of guns by having a longer wait period and a more extensive background check to verify if the person has lawsuits pending regarding discrimination or hate crimes or had run in with the law where they were the one's that the law was notified it could cut down on this type of instance. I could be wrong but I just think that the people that apply for a gun permit that won't go balistic on people for no reason won't have a background like this nutso. Just saying.

Here is the shooter reporting on gun control and racism among other things.

To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

ozzysmom Guest
    wooooooow........
    Last edited by ozzysmom; 08-26-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Yes, he was a cute baby. Wish he stayed that way. Video pulled for good? I haven't seen it.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Haven't read the thread yet but I was in my Criminal Justice class this morning when this news came out, so the teacher pulled it up on his phone and watched it. He was like "whoa! They showed the actual shot!". This guy is cool as hell though, a retired cop. I haven't seen the video yet, when I tried to pull it up in class (he said it was on the CBS website) it wouldn't let me access it with the school's WiFi connection.

OK good finally that last video link worked. All the others were swiftly taken down by the time I read this thread. I heard him say "bitch" too, before he pointed the gun at her then pulled it back and waited a few second to shoot. I wonder why he pointed the gun right at her then waited... did he want her to notice him instead of just focusing on her interviewee? Probably wanted her to see it was him.

I have no problem with a longer waiting period to see if someone has lawsuits pending or mental issues or bigger background checks or anything else. The problem is it's not hard to buy or get a gun illegally if you know the right person or people, and when they do that, background checks don't mean shit.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 08-26-2015 at 02:05 PM.

I just watched it on youtube. Very scary and sad.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

human Guest
    ohhh freaky we were just on that topic a few days ago ...

those crazy reporters

I was surprised how many people have insisted the video wasn't real, even when it was coming from his twitter.

Then you have the ones claiming this is a false flag and yet another conspiracy to outlaw all guns.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Lilepad336 Guest
    I agree, if they go the illegal route nothing really can be done. But like in this case, he applied for the gun two days after the church shooting. He applied. So that means he had a waiting period. So if the laws were set up like we stated before this could have been avoided. I know it won't fix every case but it's a start.

AussieBec Guest
    this is crazy and so sad..just doing your job one minute and all of it gone the next

human Guest
    bit of it here

tina Guest
    It seems to me like he was waiting for the camera man to pan back to them so he could record it too. If he was so into filming it, maybe he wanted to make sure everyone else saw too?

Lilepad336 Guest
    I am the only one who is wondering if this guy was a deathhag (maybe not this group, who knows) but who knows? He filmed his point of view. And made sure the video was posted online. We all, well most of us, want to see the video or pictures, so he made sure that was available. Something just seems like there is more to the story here. This guy wanted to make sure that he was going to be known. And all of us that have seen the video from his point of view will never forget. Can any of us remember what the VA Tech shooter looked like or how he did it with out looking him up? Or the church shooting. This guy knew what he was doing to make sure he will be remembered.

Seagorath Guest
    This guy was nothing but an idiot, confused fartknocker...living in the world of Loserville.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    most vids have been taken down. but i found this site that has it:

http://www.infowars.com/graphic-shoc...point-of-view/

Wow, this is terrible... It`s all over the news here in Norway also...

Many thoughts to the family

it sickens me how close the asshole got, and no one noticed. I'm not blaming the victims at all, but was there no one else at that place? guess not.
    i hope he's burning in hell

You are right about the gun stuff. I wonder what they did in his waiting period. Someone here posted he had a huge rap sheet. Did they do any checking on this guy, or just make him wait. I am sure the waiting period and background checks would stop some people but I have no doubt this guy was going to get a gun and do this no matter how he had to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tina View Post
    It seems to me like he was waiting for the camera man to pan back to them so he could record it too. If he was so into filming it, maybe he wanted to make sure everyone else saw too?
    I'm pretty sure he wanted the people he was shooting to turn their attention to him to see it was him who was shooting them. I guess when they just ignored him and went on with their jobs he decided he couldn't wait any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    bit of it here
    OMG that desk reporter's face when they cut back to her after the shooting started. Right about :15. And if you look at the bottom right of the screen before they cut back to her you can see blood dripping onto the ground.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 08-26-2015 at 03:55 PM.

I hope he burns in hell too, but nobody was suspicious of a former employee showing up to an interview like that?

Dude, please go back and combine those separate groups into one post for each.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Poor situational awareness. I don't care what your job is. Always beware of what is around you. All motion in your vicinity may be something out to get you. No disrespect toward the victims or their family. It's a batshit crazy world out there, always be aware.

Yes, I am a bit paranoid but I am what life made me.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

navallint Guest
    RIP