Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Of World's Most Famous Lions Killed

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest

One Of World's Most Famous Lions Killed

His name was Cecil. Recognizable by his black mane. Here he is cuddling....

He was a local favorite. A very docile, trusting, and sweet lion. He lived on protected land and never hurt anyone. To the contrary he gave the locals a lot of joy just by him being him. He was tricked off his land of protection with bait. He was led away from his safe haven to land that wasn't protected. There he was shot with an arrow by an American tourist that paid $55,000 to kill a lion. I said he was shot with an arrow; not killed. He was killed 40 hours later with a gunshot. Friendly to humans and 40 hours spent in agony not knowing what happened or why. I imagine when he saw the humans at first he was probably relieved and hopeful. There's a special place in hell for these people and all people that kill for the thrill of the hunt. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...ion/ar-AAdCR8g

I had read about this earlier. It's sad and sucks. I hope they bust the guy and his accomplices.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 07-29-2015 at 01:42 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

This story made me sick to my stomach. How this beautiful creature suffered.

The bastard that did this is "sorry." Yeah, I bet he is.

It just makes me want to throw up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

WHY??? WHY??? WHY???

This makes me physically ill too y'all... I have been crying since the moment I first heard about Cecil. So sad, and so very, very wrong.

This is not hunting, this is straight up killing to satisfy someone' s SICK ego, and their extremely distorted outlook on all that goes along with that. This was premeditated, cruel murder of Cecil, and like so many others in this world, I find this highly disturbing (although that doesn't even begin to describe it).

I rarely use the word hate, but I absolutely do HATE the horrible, heartless, soulless, barbarian "thing" who did this... HATE, HATE, HATE with all my being. This sub-human lump of shit took the innocent life of Cecil, a beautifully magnificent creature, and is now receiving death threats. May this "thing's" life and everything in it, including his dental practice, be destroyed and ruined forever. Send this vile, repulsive, sickening "thing" back to Africa with no weapons, no clothes, no food, no water, no nothing. Throw "it" to the big cats... in the meantime, whether by big cats or another way, wishing a very swift riddance to this disgusting pox on humanity.
    Last edited by Cynful; 07-29-2015 at 04:38 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Yeah. If you're hungry and there were no such thing as stores and such I can understand hunting to survive. I live in Kentucky and we have deer hunting season. I understand in that case it's needed. If the numbers aren't thinned they would overrun the state. Many would starve which is about the cruelest death there is. And many more would be hit by cars which would also kill a few humans. I'd never kill a deer unless my survival depended on it, but I understand. But that's not what happened to Cecil and hundreds like him. That's not hunting. That's killing for killings sake. I hope this son of a bitch loses patients. I hope his business fails. I hope he gets threats for the rest of his life. I hope he lives the rest of his life looking over his shoulder in fear. If he got skinned alive I'd cheer.

Ok. More news about this just came in. The asshole "hunter"s name is Walter Palmer. He is a convicted FELON related to his illegally killing of a black bear. Oh and there is this which I'm quoting from the article I'm posting....

"Board records show that Palmer was the subject of a sexual harassment complaint settled in 2006, with Palmer admitting no wrongdoing and agreeing to pay a former receptionist more than $127,000."... and this...

"A Facebook page for Palmer's Minnesota dental practice was taken offline Tuesday after users flooded it with comments condemning Palmer's involvement in the hunt. Hundreds of similar comments inundated a page for his dental practice on the review platform Yelp, which prior to Tuesday had only three comments.
    Some people left stuffed animals at the door to his shuttered office Tuesday in a sign of protest."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...gal/ar-AAdEnv9

I'm going to put his name at the top of my death lotto list, and hope like hell his comes true. SOON.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Way to go, tough guy. Did murdering that poor animal make your little dick any bigger?
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Way to go, tough guy. Did murdering that poor animal make your little dick any bigger?
    Obviously, it's tinier than ever, and shrinking by the moment. Calling Lorena Bobbitt.... oh forget that, I'll gladly do it myself.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I am beyond sickened and outraged... I can't recall anyone that I have HATED this much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seriously. One of my first thoughts was "this dude has to have a tiny pecker". I'd bet the farm on it. Cynful have you ever heard of Canned Hunts? That's where they fence these animals in and guide rich people to easy prey and kill them. The worst part of it? Most of these animals they put in these areas come from places where they have had contact with humans and are comfortable with them. So the lions or whatever animal will literally just walk right up to the "hunters" and get killed for their friendliness.

Stewart, I have never been so saddened, sickened, and angry... what is wrong with the world we live in??? Unbelievable that anyone could do such horrible things... I just do not understand, and never will.

This sociopath's home and vacation home addresses are coming up everywhere... although I'm sure he and his microscopic penis are hiding elsewhere, his vacation home is on a small island in Florida. Next time he goes for a swim, wherever it may be, I hope the world's largest Great White is right there waiting for him. Now THAT is a shark attack I would LOVE to hear about. SOON.

Look what my friend shared with me just a few minutes ago... Cecil in all his majestic glory:

https://iso.500px.com/rip-cecil-10-p...who-ever-lived
    Last edited by Cynful; 07-29-2015 at 08:56 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Poor Cecil

PurrPurr Guest
    Poor Cecil indeed.

You know what they say about karma...may Cecil come back to haunt this monster - and not in a good way!

I can't even read the whole article. I got as far as his name and how he relied on someone to chose a legal kill and I was done.

My daddy was a big deer hunter and fisher and we always ate the meat.

Stew, what you said about no reason to kill a cat except for food made me think of something or other I read years ago--a man was trapped in the wilderness by a broken leg, and at the point of starvation along comes a mountain lion. He picks up his gun and kills it so he can live. It goes on to say that no one, even the Indians, ate the big cats (the Cherokee would not even eat bears, given that) unless they were starving, because they believed the animals had powerful mojo and were to be respected as such.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-29-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I just read that this asshole is "deeply" sorry. Bullshit!!! He's only deeply sorry he got caught. He's only deeply sorry that now he's the most hated man in America and his livelihood/fortune is taking a hit. There's no way this asshole even gets it. Read what he says exactly. At first he wasn't apologizing for the killing of this beautiful animal. He was apologizing for killing a local favorite. He apologized for his guides luring Cecil away from protected land. Not for killing Cecil. Now he's apologizing for killing an animal that was being studied. Not for killing Cecil.

I bet what this needle flaccid dicked pussy is really saying in private is cursing tree hugging activists that are treating him unfairly. I bet he doesn't even understand that the people that are pissed are not all tree huggers. Not even close. I bet he doesn't even understand that like 95% of the people aware of this story from every political stripe, including hunters, are pissed at him.

Someone somewhere had to pay off a bet when he said how easily he could manipulate social media with a sob story and the bets lined up against it.

No one outside of the local area ever heard of this cat before now so it's hardly the most famous lion. Do I support hunting just for the sake of hunting? a trophy? No I do not but this entire story was nothing more than an experiment in social media manipulation.

Just one example.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ons-news-feeds

18. 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Someone somewhere had to pay off a bet when he said how easily he could manipulate social media with a sob story and the bets lined up against it.

No one outside of the local area ever heard of this cat before now so it's hardly the most famous lion. Do I support hunting just for the sake of hunting? a trophy? No I do not but this entire story was nothing more than an experiment in social media manipulation.

Just one example.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...ons-news-feeds

What? I seriously don't understand your post.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    What? I seriously don't understand your post.
    Stories like this are posted and loaded with words to manipulate social media. I read where the lion was "executed Isis Style". LOL That was nothing more than an attempt to manipulate. He was killed in the same manner as thousands of animals every year. Now if you are against that, I understand, I'm not condemning anyone for their opinion there, I don't support trophy hunting or hunting I feel is highly unfair, like using dogs but what makes this story so special?

Lions are poached all the time. When caught those involved should be prosecuted but this despite the headlines was not some world famous lion. It was a story presented to manipulate.

IIRC Cecil was the most famous lion in the area. He became famous around the world when he was murdered.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think it's fair to say he was one of the worlds most famous lions before he was killed. He was one of the most famous lions in Zimbabwe. I'd say that puts him in the running for world fame. He was being studied. He was named. I bet Cecil was top 50? top 100? That makes him one of the worlds most famous doesn't it? Obviously not nearly as famous as now but I stand by my title

As for the manipulation thing... I don't think that's at play here. People are mad. I don't think tag lines have anything to do with the stories popularity. There have been stories like this recently. There was a 60 Minutes episode that had a segment on canned hunting. That got mine and a LOT of people's panties in a bunch. There have been at least 3 separate lion/big game kills that became big stories recently. Usually involving hot girls and posting pics of themselves with dead animals as starting the story. I think if you read the Cecil story and the first thing you are concerned with is some manipulation conspiracy theory then you've lost the plot.

In this day and age I don't understand the desire to hunt animals. Maybe shooting a deer for meat is tolerable but shooting big game for sport is horrible. How can you live with yourself after killing such beautiful animals with the sole purpose of hanging their head in your house?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    In this day and age I don't understand the desire to hunt animals. Maybe shooting a deer for meat is tolerable but shooting big game for sport is horrible. How can you live with yourself after killing such beautiful animals with the sole purpose of hanging their head in your house?
    Wow we agree 100%. Before I get banned again I'd like to take this chance to apologize to you for the past few months. I've been a douche at times and said shit that was uncalled for. Sorry bout all that. I think I'll improve. My meds are getting worked out finally lmao Now back to bashing this asshole and big game hunters!!! Check out canned hunting.

I do not hunt but have friends that do. They use the meat for food. I do not have a problem with this, to many deer in this area.

No excuse for what this son of a bitch did. If I found out my dentist did this.....I would tell him what for and take my business elsewhere.

I am still so pissed. Karma will get him.

My fantasy end to this would be having this jagoff expedited back to Zimbabwe and dropped off in the middle of the reserve. Naked. That way he could personally go up to all of Cecil's Big Cat friends and apologize. Film it with cam drones.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 07-29-2015 at 05:10 PM.

navallint Guest
    Just heartbreaking. RIP, Cecil.
    Reminds me of the Texas bitch the slaughtered the giraffe a few months back. Just for shits and giggles. I hope both get hunted down and be forced to look down the barrel .

Go here https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...stice-Zimbabwe

sign the petition. I just did.

Thanks for posting cleanskull. Latest news I know of... He has shut down his practice. There are planned protests that are to take place at his office. The police are investigating at least one serious terroristic threat against him. Mia Farrow gave out his home address(I hate her a little less now). Marco Rubio has politicized this and is drawing ire for comparing the killing of Cecil to planned parenthood. One Democratic state or federal rep from his state is asking the police to double check and make sure every little thing that went on with this "hunt" was legal as far as America goes. I'm guessing she is basically asking the cops to bust this prick for jaywalking on his way home if they can lol I support this. Oh yeah and Jimmy Kimmel broke up talking about this on his show. Here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Wow we agree 100%. Before I get banned again I'd like to take this chance to apologize to you for the past few months. I've been a douche at times and said shit that was uncalled for. Sorry bout all that. I think I'll improve. My meds are getting worked out finally lmao Now back to bashing this asshole and big game hunters!!! Check out canned hunting.
    That's pretty big of you to say that. Surprised me. I hope in the future we can debate things in a more constructive way than in the past. You are a smart guy which is obvious, just on the opposite side of the aisle than me but the beauty in that is that when people watch the debate, they get a clear picture of the opposing side.

31. 07-29-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Go here https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...stice-Zimbabwe

sign the petition. I just did.
    Thanks so very much Mel... really appreciate that... I signed it immediately, and am definitely sharing it with many others.

This horrible, cowardly, sociopathic barbarian is hated around the world, and without a doubt, needs to be sent back to Zimbabwe and prosecuted, along with his two vile, repulsive, sick, and greedy accomplices. Those two have already been arrested... waiting on the third, and please God, let it be soon.
    Last edited by Cynful; 07-29-2015 at 09:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ktkatinmn Guest
    My family hunts - I do not, I just don't have it in me to kill any critter. We eat the meat, tan the skins and use the leather, we leave the innards for food for other critters and we grind the bones to use in our gardens. We have had mounts made of a couple of the heads (by we I mean folks in my family - I cannot stand to look at them), but nothing goes to waste.

I have never, and will never, understand killing for sport. This story, as with many others like it over the years, is upsetting to me.

That being said...

I am just as upset that human beings are calling for this person's death. PETA calling for his hanging...disgusting. The threats are such that local law enforcement is being called out to patrol areas near this persons home and office - OK so this wastes my tax dollars, when there are far better uses for it...for example: putting programs into place that stop racial profiling and community understanding of cultural differences or working towards stopping the recruiting of Somali youths into terrorist groups for the purpose of suicide bombings.

Many of these threats are simply coming from folks hiding behind the the computer screen and keyboard, but do absolutely nothing realistic to help stop this problem, rather work themselves and others up to the point of demanding this person's head, and quite possibly to violence and destruction.

Since this happened in Zimbabwe, there is nothing that the US law can do to him, other than extradite him if he is indicted, if there is an extradition treaty with them - unless he is on probation in the US that he violated, provided he is prosecuted.

The person's business is ruined. The entire family will likely have to move and possibly change their names. The entire world is aware of him and the HATE for him is clear. He has to live with this hanging over his head for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, there are many others that have done far worse to humans (the 2 little boys that killed James Bulger and Karla Holmolka for example) and yet have a far better life than this person ever will, largely thanks to instant media and personal opinions being splattered all over the internet.

Hopefully, people will start to learn that unpopular behavior will be ostracized, even if there aren't laws or laws with strong enough penalties, and maybe someday we will see an end to some of these horrid activities.

I honestly hope that no one makes good on their threats to do this person or his family harm - 2 wrongs do not make a right. Karma will get him, and Karma is a bitch.

It is awful to me to see so much energy poured into hate, when that energy could be put to much better use making the world a better place.

I hear what you're saying. Even so I hope this monster is hunted down and skinned alive. Like literally. No hyperbole. I guess 2 wrongs don't make a right but paying for one's crime isn't a wrong. All this prick has to do is wait for all the attention to die down and he'll get right back to business. Fish and Wildlife are looking into if he broke a law by killing an animal illegally abroad.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-...AdIs6j#image=2

ktkatinmn Guest
    There isn't this much outrage for baby rapers and killers... I'm just sayin. Look around the threads.

5 innocent PEOPLE were murdered in Minneapolis this past weekend and there is no outrage...

By no means do I condone what this man has done, but the level of hatred is unbelievable.

If it is determined that there are crimes, then by all means, he needs to do his time, but "hunted down and skinned alive" will not be the legal punishment for any crimes associated with Cecil.

I hate this whole story and what this guy did.

I have seen a lot of people who are saying that if you eat meat (including Kat Von D) or support a woman's right to choose to have an abortion then you have no reason to be mad at what this guy did. I don't see them as the same things at all.

My own mother doesn't agree with me on this. She says he paid for it and the guides who took him there are the ones who should be held responsible for what he did. I don't even care who it was, the whole thing is just a stupid thing to do. I don't understand why anyone would waste that kind of money to kill an animal like that. What, does it make you a bigger man or something? I don't get it. I'm not even against hunting, though I could never do it myself. It's just to go out and kill an animal just for the sake of saying you did it? Then why not look at people who kill cats or dogs in the same way? What's the difference? It just seems like harming something for harm's sake, instead of for food or their fur (in the days before we could make clothes).

ktkatinmn Guest
    And even sadder, Bettie...

If it was not Cecil the beloved research lion, no one would have even known. This would not have been a story at all. He would have paid a lot of money to kill himself a lion to mount its head on the wall and there would have been no notice. It happens all the time, and typically it is only noticed when someone posts a trophy picture to social media.

Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    And even sadder, Bettie...

If it was not Cecil the beloved research lion, no one would have even known. This would not have been a story at all. He would have paid a lot of money to kill himself a lion to mount its head on the wall and there would have been no notice. It happens all the time, and typically it is only noticed when someone posts a trophy picture to social media.
    True but luckily we do know and maybe the outrage might... MIGHT curb some of these horrible practices. bettie tell your mom that there are many hunting clubs opposed to this guy and the kind of hunting he does. Tell her about canned hunting. About how they raise baby lions at petting zoos for people to come in and pet the young lions. Then they take these lions that are extremely friendly to humans like domestic cats to fenced in areas. They feed these lovable lions in the same places so the owners of these canned hunts know exactly where the lions will be. Then assholes pay 50 grand or whatever to go there and kill these happy lovable lions for nothing more than a trophy. If your mom or anyone for that matter is cool with that then you can tell them I said they are an evil mother fucker that is going straight to hell

And Kat Von D is a fucking moron. Just look at the stupid bitch. You are not a healthy person if you look like that and need to get your own shit in order before throwing down life lessons to others.
    Last edited by StewartGilliganGriffin; 07-30-2015 at 03:00 PM.

I personally cannot speak for Everyone in the world, but I am disturbed about animal abuse--even the very thought of it--and I reckon that includes all the obscure tortured and murdered out there. I am equally enraged by women who use abortion as contraception and by the unspeakable acts of Planned Parenthood, cop killers, and victims of cops, any type of rapist--statutory, adult, child, spouse cheaters, and people who terrorize others because of their race, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs.

So, you can lump everybody into one mound, if you want to, but that's illogical thunk.
    Last edited by cindyt; 07-30-2015 at 03:11 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

so Cecil's cubs may be killed??? Can't they be 'adopted' or sent to another place? and the other guys with him charged???

its safe to say I have more compassion for animals than people & to people comparing this with abortion.....the difference is babies aren't extinct. This is the most heartbreaking news in animal abuse I have ever read. I know the vile details too. Sick

&

Last edited by Tiffany; 07-30-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Humans are my first priority, but that's just me. I'm weird like that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Comparing it to planned parenthood and abortion is stupid. Apparently these idiots don't know the difference between babies and fetuses. This isn't the thread for it but I'm going to address it anyway like the idiot that I am just to clear it up. That bullshit gotcha video of the "monsters" at planned parenthood dealing in baby limbs like evil frankensteins is complete horseshit. The fetuses are aborted regardless. The mothers who CHOOSE to have abortions are given the option if they want the flesh of the aborted fetus to go to research. Basically like donating organs. It's not under the table and it's not uncommon and never has been. It's common practice and always has been. The aborted flesh could go in the medical waster bin or go to research hospitals where they can do some good. This is all just bullshit propaganda the far right anti choice nazi's manipulate to try to defund planned parenthood and make choice illegal. Planned Parenthood is a God send to women, children, and the poor. Many lives have been saved with early cancer detection due to planned parenthood's free tests that the poor would otherwise not been able to receive. Real lives. Not goo in a belly. So when you defund it you'll literally be killing women that are poor. Too poor to afford these tests. But lifeless goo will be able to thrive.... actually it won't, because women will get their abortions regardless. Idiots. So it's OK for poor adults to die just so long as goo in their belly are safe. Now back to Cecil.

please say these father-less cubs can be saved...???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hope they were able to Tiff. A part of what Lions do is if the alpha male is killed or driven off the beta male will take over and the first thing they do is kill all the cubs. The Lionesses do not stop them due to instinct. This way the Lion assures that only his DNA is passed on. Also doing so brings the females into estrus within a few days. There are vids of this but I do not suggest you watching them. they are brutal.

GOD IS NOT DEAD

^^luv that^^

lmao! That's an awesome picture.

I agree the other debates are stupid. And I do hope that this brings some attention to this issue (which it has) and something is done about this senseless "sport". That Jimmy Kimmell clip was good.

We talked about this in my sociology class last night. My professor is from Zimbabwe and a girl in my class lives 2 blocks from this dentist's home. She said it's crazy over there, all the police officers, media and protesters. I can imagine. My instructor just thinks the guy is evil all around. Someone asked about the report that hunters who kill lions then bring them to a village for them to eat. He grew up in a small poor village (his parents had no education at all, he went to a small school that taught up to 5th grade in one room smaller than our classroom, which seats about 50 people) and he said he doesn't know of people eating lions there. He said they do eat elephant, and rhinoceros, but he'd never heard of people eating lion there.

I really hope they are able to somehow save Cecil's cubs and any "brother" lions. How ironic that he killed a lion who was tagged to study the reason the lion population is dwindling. He was a docile lion who was used to people, which makes it even more stupid, how much of a "fight" was this? He trusted people and this is what we do. If you think lions are inherently wild and can not "friendly" to people, have you seen the video of the two guys who found a lion cub for sale at Herrods in England and raised him until he was too big? He was then returned to the wild and re assimilated and eventually had his own pride. The guys went to find him a year or 2 later and when they found him he ran to them and put his front paws on their shoulder and nuzzled and hugged them. That damn video makes me cry. I should try and find it. As for Cecil, to lure him out of a preserve with food? Sickening. Surely you would think that would have set off a red flag.

Even my mom has come around on this and thinks the guy is a psycho. Between all his other kills, especially the bear in Wisconsin (where he is AGAIN claiming ignorance on the law just like he's claiming ignorance and his guides here) and the sexual harassment this guy should just stay wherever he is in hiding now.

Here's that video. This lion's name is Christian. Makes me cry every time. The look of pure joy on the blond guy's face is amazing.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-31-2015 at 03:00 AM.

I love Christian!!! For people that say animals don't feel emotions or don't know what love is all they have to do is watch that Christian reunion. If they still say animals don't feel emotions or love they are just a jackass.

Although I personally recommend people watch the version without the whitney houston "I will always love you" soundtrack. But that's just me lol

this guy is deserving of all the hate. you "hunt" for trophies. fuck you !! you really must have a small dick to feel you have to do this.
    i don't understand the killing of these animals i just dont'!

Heard they can't locate the killer. In hiding huh? He should be.

Read he also wanted to kill an elephant on this trip of his....but it did not work out. Thank God.

He is feeling the karma now. shutting his business shut down is the arrow in his body causing pain. He, is now being hunted.

UPDATE: Cubs saved & Cecil's brother watching them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-expert.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]