Thread: Ann Rule

luckyinlove Guest

Ann Rule

She died today. Heart attack. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    She died today. Heart attack. RIP
    Oh no!!! RIP
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

luckyinlove Guest
    Family is saying she died on 7/21.

Last edited by cindyt; 07-27-2015 at 01:44 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wow almost a week ago and we didn't hear? I liked some of her books and I was glad to read an update on her sight (even though it was heartbreaking) about Cinnamon Brown, who's dad set her up for the murder of his young wife so he could marry her even younger sister, after watching a show about the case on ID.

RIP

Oh no.

Noooooooooooo!!!!! Sad day for True Crime lovers!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Oh no!!

What a bad day this has been......and I read this.

Tears. I really liked her.

And she worked with Bundy.

RIP.
    Last edited by Leasie; 07-27-2015 at 03:38 PM.

She was legend and there will never be another like her.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

That's so sad she was my favourite writer. I read every one of her books. RIP

Batmama Guest

Ann Rule

Time Magazine posted on facebook that author Ann Rule has died.

Damn! It wasn't a realistic outlook, but I hoped that Ms Rule would keep writing for at least another 10 years.

luckyinlove Guest
    Now the local news is reporting that she died at 10:30pm on 7/26.

Yes, and please do a search next time.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    I've read almost everything she's written. The lady didn't sugar coat anything, and one couldn't help reading beginning to end. Those books are hard to put down!

There had been some family difficulties - http://www.people.com/article/ann-ru...-theft-forgery

The first three true crime books I ever read were In Cold Blood, Victim: The Other Side of Murder (about the Ogden Utah "Hi-Fi" murders), and The Stranger Beside Me .

She will be missed.

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

RIP

Oh, man. May she rest in peace.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

RIP
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I've read almost everything she's written. The lady didn't sugar coat anything, and one couldn't help reading beginning to end. Those books are hard to put down!
    Did you read the one about the David Brown/Cinnamon Brown case? I don't know what it's called but I'd like to read it. I searched for info on Cinnamon after watching her story on ID and it said she had been married but her husband committed suicide, that poor girl has gone through too much.
    eta: The book is called If You Really Loved Me. The guy was such a horrible scumbag. Also just read that he died last year. I am so glad he was finally convicted and Cinnamon and Patti set free. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    There had been some family difficulties - http://www.people.com/article/ann-ru...-theft-forgery

The first three true crime books I ever read were In Cold Blood, Victim: The Other Side of Murder (about the Ogden Utah "Hi-Fi" murders), and The Stranger Beside Me .

She will be missed.

VCNJ~
    Oh man, both her sons were stealing from her? That really sucks.
    I will miss seeing her on the shows on ID.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 07-28-2015 at 12:04 PM.

I remember the Cinnamon Brown case and I never knew her husband killed himself. Geez, what an unfortunate life she's had. I hope she's got her fair share of happiness too.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I remember the Cinnamon Brown case and I never knew her husband killed himself. Geez, what an unfortunate life she's had. I hope she's got her fair share of happiness too.
    I know. I hope so too. It said she has a son (maybe 2) so hopefully that gives her some happiness. I had to look her up right after watching the show, and it lead me to Ms. Rule's website. She gave a little update but actually said that if Cinnamon happened to be reading it she'd like her to contact her. I definitely want to read that book, because there's always more to the story than what they can fit in the 40 or so minutes of actual crime shows.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I know. I hope so too. It said she has a son (maybe 2) so hopefully that gives her some happiness. I had to look her up right after watching the show, and it lead me to Ms. Rule's website. She gave a little update but actually said that if Cinnamon happened to be reading it she'd like her to contact her. I definitely want to read that book, because there's always more to the story than what they can fit in the 40 or so minutes of actual crime shows.
    I just looked up "If you Really Loved Me" on Amazon and its for sale in hard cover for a couple of dollars. You know the book was made into a movie called "Love, Lies and Murder."

Edited to add:
    There was a second book about the case called "A Killing in The Family," which I just ordered from Amazon and would be happy to send you when I'm done.
    Last edited by McCourt; 07-28-2015 at 12:41 PM.
    Minerva

That would be awesome McCourt! Let me know when you're done with it and I'll send you my address. I can send you postage if you'd like. Thanks so much! I will look on Amazon for the Ann Rule book if they don't have it at the library.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    That would be awesome McCourt! Let me know when you're done with it and I'll send you my address. I can send you postage if you'd like. Thanks so much! I will look on Amazon for the Ann Rule book if they don't have it at the library.
    No postage necessary! Hopeully, it will get here in time to take it with me to Jamaica so I have a read on the plane and will send it to you when I get back !
    Minerva

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    That's a shame. Honestly I though she had already died a few months ago though. May she RIP.

qulevergrrl Guest
    She was on at least five death lists for 2015. She was 83 and enjoyed some success. May she rest in peace.

Oh wow didnt know she passed. Rest well