Thread: Parking Meters

Parking Meters

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/stranger...-with-newborn/

I love reading stories about people paying it forward. While I think that it is awesome that complete strangers stepped up and helped this young mother, I think it is absurd that there are parking meters in front of hospitals and ERs in some areas.

Look at it this way. You go in to have a procedure done at the hospital. The doctor tells you beforehand it will take a certain amount of time, say an hour, and be done. You pull up to the hospital, realize you have just enough change on you to cover the hour's time you'll be in there. Of COURSE parking meters don't take dollar bills! That would be too easy! So you put your change in the meter, and go in to the hospital. You end up waiting for half an hour for your hourlong procedure to start. And then there's a complication, faulty equipment or something. So there's ANOTHER fifteen minutes you have to wait.

By the time you come out, the meter will have expired forty-five minutes ago. You'll either find a ticket on your car or find your car has been towed. While you were having a medical procedure done. Is this fair? I think not. I don't think there should be parking meters in front of hospitals and ERs. I think it's wrong. We're already paying an arm and a leg for our health insurance, and then to add co-pays, and then to top it off with paying a parking meter? No. Like the young mother in the article, if I was rushing my child in to the ER, change for the meter would be the farthest thing from my mind. Period.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

navallint Guest
    This is a situation where I find a little hope for mankind. Nice story, Ria. I wonder if a doctors note could help with a ticket in this type of situation?

qulevergrrl Guest
    Too sweet1