Thread: Shark Tank TV Show

Shark Tank TV Show

Anyone else watch this shrewd group of billionaires give people with original product ideas venture capital to help them grow or start their business? I used to watch it all the time and have just started watching it again. Tonight marks the 101st episode. And all of them are fighting over who's gonna back the dude who created the Lumio. Never seen one where they're all after the same product before.

We have the Australian version of Shark Tank running here at the moment. It is licensed from the American version. I knew both of these shows are based upon the British show Dragon's Den. What I didn't know until I researched a bit, was that the granddaddy of these shows originated in Japan.

I am surprised how a lot of the contenders are so unprepared. They have the product or service down pat, but when the sharks start digging into the financials (and that is what it is all about) they come across as financially incompetent. Another failing seems to be in the marketing, where they fit into the competitive landscape and their unrealistic growth projections.

Haven't seen the American one. I enjoy these shows immensely.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

I've seen a few episodes of this show but got bored of it after a while. It's great the the rich people wanna help out the little guy but it's really only to take their share of the profit. I think it would be better if they helped them out without trying to screw them over, they have enough money but I guess that wouldn't be as entertaining.