Thread: British Producer Brian Clemens

British Producer Brian Clemens

The UK producer responsible for the shows the Avenger, New Avenger and The Professionals has died aged 83.

I'm not sure how well he was known in the US but he did write for some American programs including Remington Steele, Perry Mason & Highlander.

Having a dad who grew up in the 60s/70s, those shows were always on in my house. There was no way you would get away with it today but at the time they were really popular.

It's a shame that another legend has gone - R.I.P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30775352

I may not know his name but I am very familiar with his work The Avengers/ Highlander/Remington Steele/ Perry Mason all must see tv back in the day. Thank You Mr. Clemens for all the hours and hours of entertainment you gave to millions of people. Goodspeed -

Bidmor Guest
    The Avengers, as you can see, is one of my favorite programs. Clemens shaped the interaction of characters John Steed and his three female partners during the run of the series which reached its height of "do they or don't they?" with the second partner Emma Peel. The chemistry between the actors Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg capitalized on the work/romantic relationship which kept the audience guessing and therein lie the mystery attraction. Excellent basic storyline by Clemens. The American series Moonlighting copied that character relationship and was popular until the veil was removed by having Bruce Willis' and Cybill Shepherd's characters finally end up in bed and get married...mystery over and audience left. With Avengers, Clemens and crew never did that so we still don't know for sure how Steed and Mrs. Peel occupied their off time. Another great story teller gone.

The Avengers..............

One of my all time favorite shows, I have the Complete Emma Peel Mega-set, and will watch it forever ! RIP Brian.

Will always be grateful for the Avengers. His style was special and it showed with the stories and characters of that ground breaking show.

I loved all his TV series. RIP
    My profile picture and avatar are pictures of the lovely Agnetha Fältskog from ABBA, not me. I am a man, and an admirer of her. Friend proposers take note!

Timeless shows. RIP