Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    Wow, such beautiful people here. Thank you so much! Do you ever look at other people's trials and think there is no way I could handle that? I do that all of the time. I always say to God if my children are harmed by some pervert or taken and I can't find them - I am as good as dead. I plead to be tested in other ways - not with any trauma to my children.

How are you feeling these days shipmatekate? I am so sorry for your RA.
    Thanks, not doing so hot

I am in the last month of employment - closing the factory and I get to do a shit load of the dirty work.

70 percent of our workforce is laid off tomorrow.

I love these people, they are my second family.........

Now that is stressful!! Do they know or will it be a surprise tomorrow?
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Now that is stressful!! Do they know or will it be a surprise tomorrow?
    We all know........it's been two years in the works.
    Morale is doesn't live here anymore!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    And we'll be waiting much longer for the autopsy.

http://preview.msn.com/en-us/enterta...nth/ar-BB6CFUh

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    And we'll be waiting much longer for the autopsy.

http://preview.msn.com/en-us/enterta...nth/ar-BB6CFUh

WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    WTF???
    My sentiments exactly. November!? That's just insanely ridiculous. I gave blood on Friday to check my cholesterol. I called and got the results earlier today. 2 business days. 3 months to see what was in his blood? Horse shit!

I won't compare my own depression to Robin Williams because it sounds like his was so very deep and dark. I did think, however, as I read that part about "devastating Parkinsons's disease diagnosis" that I always feel that I am one major life's crisis away from being in his shoes. I feel on borrowed time really. What I mean is that right now I am doing fantastic and I am coping well with life but the reality is that I have created a life around me that is safe and predictable. We all no life is not controlled or predictable. I worry about the day when life gives me something that can't be resolved quickly or avoided. I worry that I will be crushed by it. In the mean time I keep healthy and productive and taking it day by day.
    Me too. You just summed up my life. Great post.

I won't compare my own depression to Robin Williams because it sounds like his was so very deep and dark. I did think, however, as I read that part about "devastating Parkinsons's disease diagnosis" that I always feel that I am one major life's crisis away from being in his shoes. I feel on borrowed time really. What I mean is that right now I am doing fantastic and I am coping well with life but the reality is that I have created a life around me that is safe and predictable. We all no life is not controlled or predictable. I worry about the day when life gives me something that can't be resolved quickly or avoided. I worry that I will be crushed by it. In the mean time I keep healthy and productive and taking it day by day.
    Tami this is one of the best descriptions of dealing with depression/anxiety that I've ever heard. My husband sometimes doesn't understand why I worry so much or why I get so upset when something doesn't go the way I planned it. It is because I've created a fragile balance around myself and if one thing gets knocked out of whack, it creates a hole that lets so much in. It isn't on purpose, but it's the nature of depression. I've read a lot recently about coping behaviors. Everyone has a certain limit of what they can handle, but for people with depression/anxiety every waking moment is a 'coping behavior'.

Benion Guest
    My sentiments exactly. November!? That's just insanely ridiculous. I gave blood on Friday to check my cholesterol. I called and got the results earlier today. 2 business days. 3 months to see what was in his blood? Horse shit!
    Looks like there is something pretty unusual showing up in preliminary tox results and they need to do more testing. Wonder what it could be?

Quote Originally Posted by Benion View Post
    Looks like there is something pretty unusual showing up in preliminary tox results and they need to do more testing. Wonder what it could be?
    I don't know what it could be but I'm beyond interested to find out. Any of you have experience with toxicology tests and know what might be causing this massive delay?

Wow, such beautiful people here. Thank you so much! Do you ever look at other people's trials and think there is no way I could handle that? I do that all of the time. I always say to God if my children are harmed by some pervert or taken and I can't find them - I am as good as dead. I plead to be tested in other ways - not with any trauma to my children.

How are you feeling these days shipmatekate? I am so sorry for your RA.
    Tamiele,
    I can relate 100% to your feelings, having battled the big D for many years. Add me as another fellow Hag who will support you. All of us (Hags with Depression ) need to stick together. There is strength in numbers.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Benion Guest
    I don't know what it could be but I'm beyond interested to find out. Any of you have experience with toxicology tests and know what might be causing this massive delay?
    The first round of tests is just blood, normally one sample from heart and one from femoral. Results come back quick on that. I am assuming something has shown up as they are going for round 2.

If it tests positive for anything, they need to start doing tissue testing (eg liver, brain, kidney), vitreous (jelly inside the eye), stomach contents. This is what takes a lot longer.

Tox testing is mainly for illicit and OTC drugs. It can also show up when 2 or more docs are prescribing the same drug, if different brands are used. It also tests for pesticides and poisons, but it is rare for them to come back positive unless it is a homicide investigation.

The first round of tests is just blood, normally one sample from heart and one from femoral. Results come back quick on that. I am assuming something has shown up as they are going for round 2.

If it tests positive for anything, they need to start doing tissue testing (eg liver, brain, kidney), vitreous (jelly inside the eye), stomach contents. This is what takes a lot longer.

Tox testing is mainly for illicit and OTC drugs. It can also show up when 2 or more docs are prescribing the same drug, if different brands are used. It also tests for pesticides and poisons, but it is rare for them to come back positive unless it is a homicide investigation.

Thank you for that. Do you have any idea of what may have been found?

Benion Guest
    Thank you for that. Do you have any idea of what may have been found?
    I know Robin had a past history of alcohol and illicit drug use so I am guessing that. He may have also been doctor-shopping for prescription painkillers.

I think both Michael Hutchence and Kurt Cobain were high on drugs when they killed themselves.

Or it could be he tried some sort of overdose eg paracetamol, and that failed so he then went for the hanging route.

It makes the coroner's verdict more difficult though. I had a friend who jumped off a motorway bridge last year, and they did an open verdict on him as he was intoxicated and they could not say for certain he would have jumped had he been sober. He had been depressed for a while though.

Just to add another thing...they start looking a tissue levels and stomach contents to try and get a timeline of when the drugs were taken. If it is alcohol or paracetamol they will also want to examine the liver and kidney structure to tell whether there has been long term alcoholism/repeated previous paracetamol ODs, and what damage the acute ingestion did.

Just out of interest, many of the Parkinson's Disease medications can cause impulsive behaviour (eg self harm) and compulsive behaviour (eg drugs or alcohol binges). The PD drugs could likely have played a role in him falling off the wagon and/or his suicide.
    Last edited by Benion; 10-03-2014 at 11:22 AM. Reason: adding a bit

I know Robin had a past history of alcohol and illicit drug use so I am guessing that. He may have also been doctor-shopping for prescription painkillers.

I think both Michael Hutchence and Kurt Cobain were high on drugs when they killed themselves.

Or it could be he tried some sort of overdose eg paracetamol, and that failed so he then went for the hanging route.

It makes the coroner's verdict more difficult though. I had a friend who jumped off a motorway bridge last year, and they did an open verdict on him as he was intoxicated and they could not say for certain he would have jumped had he been sober. He had been depressed for a while though.

Just to add another thing...they start looking a tissue levels and stomach contents to try and get a timeline of when the drugs were taken. If it is alcohol or paracetamol they will also want to examine the liver and kidney structure to tell whether there has been long term alcoholism/repeated previous paracetamol ODs, and what damage the acute ingestion did.

Just out of interest, many of the Parkinson's Disease medications can cause impulsive behaviour (eg self harm) and compulsive behaviour (eg drugs or alcohol binges). The PD drugs could likely have played a role in him falling off the wagon and/or his suicide.
    Wow, I have learned a lot!
    Thank you again!

That's interesting. Especially when you consider there were superficial wounds on his wrist. There does seem to be evidence that he had a lot of ideas dancing around his head.

That's interesting. Especially when you consider there were superficial wounds on his wrist. There does seem to be evidence that he had a lot of ideas dancing around his head.
    Obviously he was very determined
    I just hate that he was so unhappy

Benion Guest
    Problem with paracetamol ODs is people do not feel too bad straight after taking them. The liver failure starts kicking in after 24 hours. People normally go jaundice day 2-3 without treatment and by then it can be too late. Also the fatal dose is different for people, sometimes 10 can kill but some people survive 50.

It is a horrible way to die just about one of the worst drugs to OD on.

Depression is a terrible disease and only those who know it personally or have seen what it can do to a loved one can really understand.

Quote Originally Posted by High Fly View Post
    Depression is a terrible disease and only those who know it personally or have seen what it can do to a loved one can really understand.
    Exactly

My boyfriend of 4 years suddenly stopped all contact with me two months ago. He is, even two months later, in a serious depression. He occasionally sends me a text to say hi but will not talk to me. He has told me that he wants to be alone and that talking about things makes him feel worse. I am at my wit's end. He told his mother that he has put our relationship on hold and that he is really unhappy. When I saw him a few weeks ago, he had lost about 15 lbs. He was having a good day I guess, because he hugged me and told me he loved me and that none of this was my fault. Two days later I saw him again when he dropped something off at my place and he wouldn't come near me. He started therapy finally about 2 weeks ago so I hope that will help him. Doesn't want to go on meds because he went on them a few years ago and said he didn't like the way they made him feel.

I had no idea that he suffered from depression. He was always joking and kidding around, but I guess that doesn't mean anything when you hear about Robin Williams. Don't know what I will do. I have tried to hang in there but when someone constantly pushes you away there comes a time when I have to just sit back and see what happens and hope for the best.

Had to get this off my chest. Was reading all the comments on here about depression and thought someone might have some words of wisdom for me! Do I just walk away or should I hang in there? I miss the old him so much, and hope this depression will lift soon.

Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Benion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by limey View Post
    My boyfriend of 4 years suddenly stopped all contact with me two months ago. He is, even two months later, in a serious depression. He occasionally sends me a text to say hi but will not talk to me. He has told me that he wants to be alone and that talking about things makes him feel worse. I am at my wit's end. He told his mother that he has put our relationship on hold and that he is really unhappy. When I saw him a few weeks ago, he had lost about 15 lbs. He was having a good day I guess, because he hugged me and told me he loved me and that none of this was my fault. Two days later I saw him again when he dropped something off at my place and he wouldn't come near me. He started therapy finally about 2 weeks ago so I hope that will help him. Doesn't want to go on meds because he went on them a few years ago and said he didn't like the way they made him feel.

I had no idea that he suffered from depression. He was always joking and kidding around, but I guess that doesn't mean anything when you hear about Robin Williams. Don't know what I will do. I have tried to hang in there but when someone constantly pushes you away there comes a time when I have to just sit back and see what happens and hope for the best.

Had to get this off my chest. Was reading all the comments on here about depression and thought someone might have some words of wisdom for me! Do I just walk away or should I hang in there? I miss the old him so much, and hope this depression will lift soon.

I would love to give you advice, but do not want to derail the thread and I should imagine giving advice on this thread would probably break a forum rule. PM me if you want.

Okay can someone explain something to me...Robin and his current wife were getting divorced, right? But in other articles I've read she cries about losing her best friend. Were they still on really good terms with each other? I've just been a little lost on all this.

[QUOTE=*sarah*;1472089]Okay can someone explain something to me...Robin and his current wife were getting divorced, right? But in other articles I've read she cries about losing her best friend. Were they still on really good terms with each other? I've just been a little lost on all this.[/QUOTE

Never heard that - where did you hear it?

I never saw the divorce thing being fact. I could have just missed it. It might have just been a rumor. Even so people get divorced all the time and stay civil with each other. I think a person could realize they can't live with a person and at the same time be devastated by their sudden death.

Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    Okay can someone explain something to me...Robin and his current wife were getting divorced, right? But in other articles I've read she cries about losing her best friend. Were they still on really good terms with each other? I've just been a little lost on all this.
    That's new to me .I hadn't read that , but then someone else said he was estranged from his daughter and I only ever saw that once so who knows ?

Probably Enquirer like crapola

I never heard either thing, about the divorce or the daughter. But I will admit I haven't read a lot about this one because it's just so hard to take, unbelievable almost. The only thing I'd heard about the daughter was about her tweet after he died. Didn't sound like someone who was estranged, but you never know when people are just putting something out there for appearances or whatever.

limey, I don't want to derail this too much but in general I would say give him space but don't pull away completely. Let him know you are there for him and check up on him once in a while. There were times when I didn't want to talk to anyone but then when no one would contact me for a while I'd think I didn't have anyone. I know it doesn't make any sense. Of course you can't go on like that forever but I'd hang on a little bit and see if he is serious about getting help. Hopefully the counseling will help but it's a tough road, that's for sure. Also, everyone's depression is different. I'd try and have a serious talk with him, in person, if you can. Good luck with everything. You can PM me if you'd like, as well. I probably won't have any answers but I'm always here to listen.

I'll have to see if I can find where I'd read it. Maybe I was getting confused with his previous marriages. Right after he died I read so much stuff, I could have got things mixed up.

Any Tox's results yet? Dannnggggg!
    My Posse's On Broadway

Quote Originally Posted by Shejay View Post
    Any Tox's results yet? Dannnggggg!
    They say 11/3 is the date

They say 11/3 is the date
    Ugh. At least it is getting close.

I'm going to miss him so very much he was one of my very very favorites <3

Robin and MJ as well as Patrick Swazye, hit me the hardest, when I hear one of MJ's songs I feel sad again and think man such talent gone. Patrick Swayze was just too damn hot to have died, Robin was just an all around lovable guy it is so sad that someone that made us laugh was hurting inside and unhappy. It's still hard to believe that he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Robin and MJ as well as Patrick Swazye, hit me the hardest, when I hear one of MJ's songs I feel sad again and think man such talent gone. Patrick Swayze was just too damn hot to have died, Robin was just an all around lovable guy it is so sad that someone that made us laugh was hurting inside and unhappy. It's still hard to believe that he is gone.
    I know, he's on my mind a lot.....

Tomorrow is the day... unless they delay it again.

Tomorrow is the day... unless they delay it again.
    I wonder when the toxicology and investigation report were due. What has been holding them up?
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I know this delay is completely ridiculous.

Benion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    I wonder when the toxicology and investigation report were due. What has been holding them up?
    It is very weird. If it is tox (which I am pretty sure it is) it would be a standard batch of tests, same for anyone else who scores a positive in the blood result. So why the delay? It makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Quote Originally Posted by limey

I'm sorry that you are going through a rough time with your BF, but if you haven't received the answers to your questions, there is a Depression Support forum on here under Real Life Rears It's Head. I do hope you get some support there if you haven't already.

I'm not exactly sure how much of this I believe, but it's here. They say that his third wife rushed through the cremation as they were having marital problems.
    http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/201...riends-photos/
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Still nothing??? WHY is it taking so long!

Benion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by *sarah* View Post
    Still nothing??? WHY is it taking so long!
    I am wondering if there is some legal wrangling going on behind the scenes here. Did the PD drugs contribute to his relapse and death? They can cause compulsive behaviours. Are the family trying to get something suppressed?

Why isn't the media asking these questions?

OK. My hink-o-meter is now in the red zone. I just got off the phone with the Coroner's office and spoke to a very sweet woman, who acted cagey as fuck. She said the results are going to be released "Sometime soon, but I'm not exactly sure when." I reminded her it was supposed be this week, and I got a reluctant, strangely apologetic "I know." I asked her if she could at least ballpark it for me. "I, um...". Crickets. So I asked, "well it will at least be before December right?" Thinking she'd say something like "Oh absolutely, probably in the next couple of weeks, blah, blah." I mean, throw me a bone lady. Nope. I'm boneless.

So it could be tomorrow, next week, the week after next, December not out of the question. Next ice age, possibly later or likely sooner. Jesus.

I'm going to try calling again tomorrow and see if a different staffer comes up with a different non-answer.

Why isn't the media asking these questions?
    Because he was loved by the media........
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I am wondering if there is some legal wrangling going on behind the scenes here. Did the PD drugs contribute to his relapse and death? They can cause compulsive behaviours. Are the family trying to get something suppressed?
    My thoughts exactly.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Because he was loved by the media........
    The media loves NO BODY more than they love $$$$$$

weirdgurl Guest
    What is it that y'all are hoping to find out from these results?

human Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    good question

Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    To find out if he was drunk and/or high. If drugs were in his system what kind? Plus they said they wouldn't issue a final result until the toxicology comes in. So they'll say if there was a note or not in their final report but they can't issue that report until the toxicology is done.