Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Exactly. My daughter is a mini-death hag. She just showed me a pic floating around FB of Robin (side view of his face) with belt marks on his neck. It looks real to me but I can't really tell with Photoshop being so great and all.
    I've been lucky and not seen anything like that. I hope I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It looks real to me. If you don't do death pics, you wouldn't be able to look at this one. But again, you know how fake death pics pop up everywhere so I doubt it is real.

Mammy Guest
    It looks real to me. If you don't do death pics, you wouldn't be able to look at this one. But again, you know how fake death pics pop up everywhere so I doubt it is real.
    I've never seen pics of anyone who committed suicide by hanging. I assume they would be terribly gruesome and steer clear of them. I want to remember Robin as Mork or Mrs. Doubtfire, not as a dead body that would haunt my mind in the dark when I can't sleep at night.

I've never seen pics of anyone who committed suicide by hanging. I assume they would be terribly gruesome and steer clear of them. I want to remember Robin as Mork or Mrs. Doubtfire, not as a dead body that would haunt my mind in the dark when I can't sleep at night.
    I understand. Being in mortuary school, I've seen a lot up close and in person so I guess that is why pics don't bother me so much.

Mammy Guest
    I understand. Being in mortuary school, I've seen a lot up close and in person so I guess that is why pics don't bother me so much.
    I'm death hag lite. Lol

I'm death hag lite. Lol

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I know there was one pic making the rounds that's been discredited. http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/13/robin-...aughter-zelda/

There is a photo going around claiming to be robin williams but it said on TMZ that it is not him. I looked online to see if there was a photo and that's what i found lol.

The photo that is floating around isn't Robin, though it does look like him. Liveleaks.com found the original photo from a website from 2010. It was a homicide victim who was strangled.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 08-16-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    Cindy

First time poster! (I think) long time lurker. I think this community is among one of the most compassionate online. Robin Williams' passing has been disproportionately tough to process, I guess partially b/c he concealed his struggles so well, bless him. On a personal (probably jarring) note I don't have trouble viewing death pix, but when my mum passed, my pop asked if I wanted to see her in the drawer and I was like, "Hell no!" Of course I picked out her clothes & pressed some crystals into her hand at the service (I KNOW,) but why would dad think I'd want to see her dishabille? He was a vet of 3 wars and she'd had a very long struggle. Maybe it was closure - I dunno. Anyway, this forum is amazing. Thanks, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ameliazc View Post
    First time poster! (I think) long time lurker. I think this community is among one of the most compassionate online. Robin Williams' passing has been disproportionately tough to process, I guess partially b/c he concealed his struggles so well, bless him. On a personal (probably jarring) note I don't have trouble viewing death pix, but when my mum passed, my pop asked if I wanted to see her in the drawer and I was like, "Hell no!" Of course I picked out her clothes & pressed some crystals into her hand at the service (I KNOW,) but why would dad think I'd want to see her dishabille? He was a vet of 3 wars and she'd had a very long struggle. Maybe it was closure - I dunno. Anyway, this forum is amazing. Thanks, everyone.
    Hey there and welcome (though I don't post here much lately!). Your reaction was pretty standard. When I was in mortuary school, I learned fairly quickly how to deal with seeing and touching the dead but but if it were someone I knew well, I don't think I could cope. I know this sounds cruel but I can detach if I don't know the person. You know that was a person and they had a life, friends, family, etc. but since I never saw that, it's not a huge deal. I can't even stand seeing my own pets die because I saw them alive. Some people need to see their loved one after death because it gives them some closure. Funny how our minds work.

As for Robin, I was utterly shocked when I heard about this. He was quite determined as evidenced by the fact he attempted to slit his wrist before he hanged himself so he must have been in immense pain. I just can't with all the asshats saying he's in burning in hell. The only consolation is the dead are no longer affected by the idiocy that pours out of peoples' mouths and keyboards. I have no issue with speculating why someone committed suicide but when dicks like Rush Limbaugh say Robin was unhappy because of his political leaning....ugh. Just no. I also can't with trolls who dig for death pics and then send them to the survivors of the deceased. It would be hypocritical of me to say that people interested in those photos are disgusting but there's a world of difference between morbid curiosity and being a ghoul. The people who sent Robin's poor daughter fake photos are just deplorable human beings.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

weirdgurl Guest
    I have been very surprised at how hard Robin Williams's death has hit me.
    It has affected me like when a loved one dies in real life. Do you know what I mean? You wake up in the morning, everything seems fine and then you remember that they are dead and it hits you. Or you are going about your day and you think of the fact that they are gone and will never drive a car, go to the bank, eat lunch or whatever you are doing at the time.
    I have never felt this way about a celebrity death.

I just found this and wanted to add it. It is beautiful. And once again, I cry.
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5682814
    Last edited by weirdgurl; 08-16-2014 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Added link

MissZoot Guest
    Does anyone else feel like the picture of Koko mourning is a little invasive? God knows I wouldn't want to take a picture of me when I'd just lost a friend.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    It has affected me like when a loved one dies in real life. Do you know what I mean? You wake up in the morning, everything seems fine and then you remember that they are dead and it hits you. Or you are going about your day and you think of the fact that they are gone and will never drive a car, go to the bank, eat lunch or whatever you are doing at the time.

I feel EXACTLY the same way. It's like I've lost my favorite, funny uncle. It's hard to imagine a world without Uncle Robin.....

Wendy A. Guest
    Exactly!! He's always been around, was funny, smart and I felt like anything he was in was going to be good... He was like a favorite distant relative. This year has been horrible as to the amount of celebrities we're lost, Philip Seymour Hoffman was shocking, James Garners death was sad as well, but the loss of Robin Williams is beyond mind-blowing! Glad it's August and not April, I remember back in April we were all tripping over all the deaths so far this year. I hope there's no more shockers like this one.

Jennylcb Guest
    No. Haven't heard anything on that. I'll bet she'll cremate him and set him free.
    He's been in a dark hole for long enough.
    Last edited by Jennylcb; 08-16-2014 at 02:17 PM.

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennylcb View Post
    No. Haven't heard anything on that. I'll bet she'll cremate him and set him free.
    He's been in a dark whole for long enough.
    I hope so too. What a lovely way to look at

Thank you

Yes, this has hit me very hard

The Westboro Baptist Church has announced they will picket and protest Robin Williams' funeral. unbelievable!!! they are nothing but a hate group. vile people nothing Christian about them.
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 08-16-2014 at 12:37 PM.

I have seen alot of dead celebs. And, I'm cool with any type of gore. But, there's no way in hell that I think I could ever look at Robin's death pic. I just want to remember him the way he was.

Also. Am I the only one watching the 24hr Mork and Mindy marathon. This is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    The Westboro Baptist Church has announced they will picket and protest Robin Williams' funeral. unbelievable!!! they are nothing but a hate group. vile people nothing Christian about them.

I hope someone shows up to kick their ass. That's all I have to say. Because, it's not good for me to fly off the handle so soon after waking up.

ETA: The only thing you need to remember about the WBC is that they are also gonna have to answer to God one day. Hopefully very very soon.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 08-16-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Christians ?, there is nothing Christian about them. They are a bunch of hateful, misguided assholes.

I seriously don't know why they haven't been mowed down yet. Seriously. Everyone hates them. The most liberalist of liberals and the most conservativinist of conservatives hate these things. You would have thought one of these military guys would have taken care of the situation by now.

I don't even understand what they would have against Robin? Or are they against suicide, too? They're even more evil than I thought if they picket his funeral.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icalledhisname View Post
    I don't even understand what they would have against Robin? Or are they against suicide, too? They're even more evil than I thought if they picket his funeral.
    They don't have anything against any of the people whose funerals they picket. They show up as a way of calling attention to themselves, plain and simple. Some people think even bad attention beats no attention at all.

Foguka Guest
    Is anyone else sick of these " new developments" and the speculations and possible causes. Every single thing has been denied or explained. He knew he had onset Parkinson's for 5 months, he was sober, he was not broke or having financial difficulty, he was upset that his show had been cancelled and he was severely depressed. That's what I've read.

If he was being treated for Parkinson's with "a cocktail of medication" that could change up and down without warning I'd imagine that would definitely contribute to his overall mood and ability to cope with his life. He viewed it as a very dark, deep hole that he was unable to escape.

It must be so much harder now for the families of these famous people who die to grieve and try to manage their pain with the whole world in on everything. Every movement caught and written about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10174988_1660880713959826_2475182971176803051_n.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	51331

bat115 Guest
    That picture popped up all over my facebook feed today. No idea if it's legit but If you ask me, it looks like someone photoshopped it from a behind the scenes FX shot from Bicentennial Man.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there will never be any pics of Robin dead. Maybe if it's an open casket or something. But no gruesome hanging pic or slab autopsy pic. It just seems like they're doing a better job of keeping death pics under wraps. No P.S. Hoffman, Ledger, and so on. Of course you never know.

That's right. It's Hollywood. Even someone in the medical field will whore themselves out for the right amount of money.

pixiepereira Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I got an advance copy of "Working Stiff" by Judy Melinger, a former NYC medical examiner. I've read most of it, and it is very good, I recommend it. It came out today.

One of the things she said was that successful hangings (where the neck is broken instantly) are very rare, and in most cases, the victim suffocates to death. This is why I didn't want to hear that Robin had hanged himself, because they didn't mention a broken neck. I was hoping, when asphyxiation was mentioned, that he had simply run his car in his closed garage. But in that case, they would have said carbon monoxide poisoning, right?

I just hate to think that he suffered a prolonged death by suffocation.
    I bought this book and couldn't put it down!

31. 08-17-2014, 01:20 AM

It seems that everyone is expert right now, regarding Williams death. This reminds of when princess Diana died, suddenly everyone was her friend and released statements how sad they were. I bet they didn't cared a bit when she was alive. I just get the same feeling now with Williams.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...s-suicide.html

It has hit me hard too, It's all I have been thinking about lately. I was sad to hear of other celebrities deaths in the past, but this one is just mind blowing, I think maybe because i grew up watching him on tv. It makes my heart ache for his family. I wish i would have known him, I would of tried to help him and make sure he wasn't alone..

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    I'd love to give those fuckers a piece of my mind, they have no buisness showing up there, they need to let the family grieve in peace and not put up with their bullshit.

I don't believe I've ever been this sad about a celebrities death, I just keep thinking about poor Robin...

Saw Cadillac Man on earlier. Really underrated comedy. It's funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Saw Cadillac Man on earlier. Really underrated comedy. It's funny as hell.
    VERY funny movie....and I agree underrated
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Oh yeah another really good one that is little known is a movie called The World's Greatest Dad and there is some irony. It's a Bobcat movie so of course it's dark comedy. Robin's son dies of auto erotic asphyxiation... but Robin doesn't want his son to be seen like that so he fakes the scene to make it look like a suicide and writes a suicide note. Oh yeah... his character is a failed writer. Well the note is so eloquent and well received everyone loves it... It leads to funny stuff. Here's the trailer.... And Mcafgr... I will not abandon you!! I will not abandon you!! I will never abandon you!!! Cadillac Man reference. Remember when he let the bald guy go? He kept saying that while he was leaving

I just watched One Hour Photo. My husband had never seen it before and was shocked about how dark Robin Williams was in it. I will say watching it again was a bit disturbing. I know he was acting, but now I see where he tapped into that darkness at.

Anyone else still extremely sad about this? Yeah, me too.

This one absolutely broke my heart. One of my customer's told me while I was at work, and then I had to break the news to Hubs (he'd been sleeping and had no idea what was going on). He's always idolized Robin, and I hated like hell to be the one to tell him. When I got home that night and saw the "Genie, you're free" post I rolled a tear....
    When the news broke that he had Parkinson's I took to FB and posted it along with a comment that got me in hot water with some of my friends. I said in some small way, I could understand him killing himself. Michael J. Fox is one of the few who are functioning with Parkinson's. Most of the others we've known who has/had it, we've had to watch just waste away. Could anyone imagine Robin Williams, that firecracker of a man, essentially trapped in his own body? That for me would've been harder to watch. I think we've all dealt with depression in some form or another in our lives; Hubs struggles with it everyday...my father does...my sister too. I've lost friends to suicide, and I've never called them selfish. Personally, suicide would never be an option for me, but I can't look down my nose at those who've left the world in that way. If anything, I've spent more time (with those I've known who have killed themselves) wondering if there had been something more I could've done to help them. Deep down, I know there wasn't anything more I could've done, but it does cross your mind, y'know?
    As for the fools over at Westboro...they condemn RW because he played a gay man in the Birdcage, and a "cross-dresser" in Mrs. Doubtfire. I'm hoping we see a sea of people blocking their access to the Williams family at the funeral. And those assholes harassing his daughter? Pieces of Shit...all of them!
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

I now see suicide as a permanent solution to temporary problems, but with the case of terminal illness, I will go out on a limb and say I completely understand.

Oh yeah another really good one that is little known is a movie called The World's Greatest Dad and there is some irony. It's a Bobcat movie so of course it's dark comedy. Robin's son dies of auto erotic asphyxiation... but Robin doesn't want his son to be seen like that so he fakes the scene to make it look like a suicide and writes a suicide note. Oh yeah... his character is a failed writer. Well the note is so eloquent and well received everyone loves it... It leads to funny stuff. Here's the trailer.... And Mcafgr... I will not abandon you!! I will not abandon you!! I will never abandon you!!! Cadillac Man reference. Remember when he let the bald guy go? He kept saying that while he was leaving
    I seen that movie about 6 months ago.. When i found out how he committed suicide, that movie was the first movie i thought of..

Good movie!

^^*LOL* "Don't act like you didn't or I'll stab you in the face."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Lawren Guest
    This is driving me crazy! What the hell movie is he wearing a cowboy hat in?!?!?! He's got a soul patch too.

Edit: August Rush.....Google is a beautiful thing lol

Murphee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    Thanks for posting this interview: http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...robin_williams

Im reposting it because some people are talking about his parents and he does talk about them in this interview and with very good things to say about them. Who knows? Maybe he is just being kind but I agree with the person who said in an earlier post that he seems very level and relaxed yet very open about his life....including suicide thoughts. Its worth a listen. I also am not sure anyone who is worth $30-130 million actually has "money problems" even if they do have to sell a second or third house but hey...its all ones perspective, right? He was a workaholic and an A lister so I imagine he was okay financially but I have no way of knowing, of course.

His death has me upset for many reasons. I admired his talent a great deal. And, I agree with everyone here that has said perhaps the good to come from this sadness is the conversations and awareness regarding depression and mental illness. I think everyone on her is being compassionate about it right now which is a sign of intelligence and civility.

Some of you may remember when I sucumbed to depression and anxiety a few years ago. I wrote about it here and there were at least three very "popular" FAD posters who were extremely cruel to me. One of the moderators told me about what they said later as I was in the hospital and could not check the forum for awhile. I am glad I couldnt read their viciousness toward me when I was at my lowest point because I probably would have tried to kill myself again. Its amazing to me such cold hearted sadistic bullys can be so popular but attention whores usually are. I will never forget how they treated me but I also will never forget those kind members here who reached out to me to see if I was okay and to offer support. They are the real quality humans that have my respect.

Sorry to make this about me but this tragedy has brought all those memories up again and I wanted to share my experience and just say how proud I am of everyone who has posted such insightful and dignified things here. Just a reminder of how kindness can lift someone up and being cruel can destroy someone. You never know the battles someone faces and kindness cost us nothing but cruelty can cost someone their life
    Never let the sadistic bullies win; people like that are stupid, bitter, and insensitive fools. They have to look at very disgusting ignoramuses in the mirror everyday. Be proud of your strength and the battles you fight.

NOVSTORM Guest
    It wasn't about booze , He was in the deep depression and didnt want to fll off the wagon so went back into rehab to keep himself together,

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    ^^*LOL* "Don't act like you didn't or I'll stab you in the face."
    lol His son is such a punk... in a good harmless really funny way.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Only after I had heard of his death did I stop and think of all the movies he was in, all the character's he created all the good deeds he had done. He was so brutally and hysterically honest about his drug problems and demons. Perhaps when he found out about the Parkinson's diagnosis he thought of Christopher Reeves and simply did not want to be a burden to his family. His death is bringing awareness to depression so in an odd way he is still helping others. I feel like this one is personal for many of us. How long will it be before someone writes a trash book on him to make a buck?

Any word on when his funeral is? He's been on ice for a week now - as of today.

evillouie Guest
    I was at Disney World last week when his death was announced, and it certainly didn't go unnoticed there. They showed "Aladdin" in his memory many times when we were there, and his Genie character was seen around the park quite a bit - the Genie is a character that you never see out at all.