Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I have that dvd and we have watched it twice since Robin has passed. Makes one think. Is redemption possible after death? Is Heaven what you make it or is it generic? Makes me sad but a bit hopeful. My heaven would include The Rainbow Bridge. Not negotiable.
    Yes!
    Cindy

Xiroi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I have that dvd and we have watched it twice since Robin has passed. Makes one think. Is redemption possible after death? Is Heaven what you make it or is it generic? Makes me sad but a bit hopeful. My heaven would include The Rainbow Bridge. Not negotiable.
    Some time ago someone posted here a link to a youtube vid where he's interviewed by some famous therapist, I think. I watched just part of it and it was so moving: He spoke about his childhood and a big black dog he had then and he clearly loved him a lot. I choked watching that part as I remembered the scene in the film, when he dies and the first one to receive him on the other side is his dog, also a big dark one.

I really hope that was what happened to him, that he found peace and his big dog from his childhood was there to welcome him.
    Last edited by Xiroi; 08-09-2015 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Several typos

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post
    Some time ago someone posted here a link to a youtube vid where he's interviewed by some famous therapist, I think. I watched just part of it and it was so moving: He spoke about his childhood and a big black dog he had then and he clearly loved him a lot. I choked watching that part as I remembered the scene in the film, when he dies and the first one to receive him on the other side is his dog, also a big dark one.

I really hope that was what happened to him, that he found peace and his big dog from his childhood was there to welcome him.
    I think the show you are on about is when Pamela Stephenson interviewed him for her show Shrink Rap over here in the UK. I always wondered why he was on it until I remembered he was really good friends with her husband Billy Connolly. Anywhere not sure how much was posted but here's the full show on YT if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jMEeXc9s8

Xiroi Guest
    Thanks so much Shellc. Not sure if it's the same link I bookmarked but that's the interview I mentioned and that I've been unable to finish as it was hard watching him talking about his childhood memories knowing he was gone.

I loved seeing him relaxed, speaking calmly, very different to his hyper-active persona.

One year ago we lost this beloved spark of insanity. I loved what he said in the John Lipton interview about what he thought heaven would be like and at the end he said it would be great for God to start a joke with "2 Jews walk into a bar....."
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Yes!
    Totally agree!

Hard to believe it's been a whole year.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

same here....wow a whole year
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I miss him. Such beautiful talent. Still shocked he is gone. LOVED him in Dead Poets Society. I hope his family & dear friends ( especially Billy Crystal & Whoopi )are doing okay this week..

Wow A year already hard to believe.

the widow has gotten used to a certain lifestyle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-drags-on.html

Oh yeah. The same ol' Trophy wife shit. Boo fuckin' hoo.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I can't believe it's been a year. I still get a lump in my throat when I think of him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now the spouse and kids are fighting over his extensive bicycle collection.

She gets to live in the house until her death, then it reverts to his kids, and her kids (WTF?).

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...828-story.html
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Miss his take on the world.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Page Six says they may have finally come to an agreement. They are just waiting for the judge's approval.

"Terms of the out-of-court settlement were not disclosed but James Wagstaffe, who is representing Susan Williams, said his client will remain in the San Francisco Bay Area home she shared with Williams and receive living expenses to maintain the home for the rest of her life. Wagstaffe said she also will receive a watch Robin Williams often wore, a bike bought on their honeymoon, and their wedding gifts."

http://pagesix.com/2015/10/02/robin-...-estate-fight/
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

RV is in heavy rotation on various cable channels and I watched it last night with a new appreciation. Funny movie.

Xiroi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Page Six says they may have finally come to an agreement. They are just waiting for the judge's approval.

"Terms of the out-of-court settlement were not disclosed but James Wagstaffe, who is representing Susan Williams, said his client will remain in the San Francisco Bay Area home she shared with Williams and receive living expenses to maintain the home for the rest of her life. Wagstaffe said she also will receive a watch Robin Williams often wore, a bike bought on their honeymoon, and their wedding gifts."

http://pagesix.com/2015/10/02/robin-...-estate-fight/
    It seems reasonable she gets their wedding gifts and a couple of items he used often. As for the home, maybe that was an agreement they had, that he'd made sure she'd always have a nice place to live.

In cases like this, current spouse vs children from previous marriages, it's always advisable to lawyer up. It's much better having attorneys discussing who gets what than those implied. I come from a very complicated family and I know by experience that lawyers can avoid a lot of emotionally draining discussions when it comes to decide who gets what.

I'm not saying gold-diggers don't exist, but not every single 2nd or 3rd wife is one and according to this, she's requested items she has an emotionally connection to. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    "Husband of three years". I have underwear older than that. It takes a bit for real love to set in. I think she is being a bit of a drama twat.

That poor guy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

braveandawesome Guest
    I was completely shocked when I heard the news of Robin Williams's having passed away. He was such a big part of my childhood, through the likes of Aladin, Flubber, Mrs. Doubtfire, and others. You are gone but not forgotten, Mr. Williams. You may not know it, but you are tremendously missed here on earth. :') I'm just glad that whatever pain you had (which convinced you to take your own life) is now finally over. :'(

Robin Williams Dead Pic

Stumbled on this. Not sure if it's for real. Apologies if somebody already posted earlier:

!Warning: Dead Photo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnim-TZFhJA
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-10-2016 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Graphic

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
    Stumbled on this. Not sure if it's for real. Apologies if somebody already posted earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnim-TZFhJA
    Nope...proven to be a fake of Robin. Check out Snopes.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnim-TZFhJA
    I think this one was a hoax(?). It sure looks like him though. A bit uncanny if it's not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I think this one was a hoax(?). It sure looks like him though. A bit uncanny if it's not him.
    Somebody probably cobbled Williams's head onto another body or computer imaged the belt mark. I didn't think it was real because his face didn't look right.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

:::sigh::: Still makes me so sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No one could blame him , in fact ,after reading that I'm almost glad he found a route out of the horror .Poor man , I hope he's full of laughter again wherever he is.

I didn't see a thread for Shelley Duvall, Robin's co-star in Popeye, but I just saw a commercial for Dr. Phil, and she's going to be on the show. She's grossly overweight and seriously lost her mind. I'm posting a link to an article about her, but in the clip for Phil's show, she claims that Robin is not dead, that he's "shapeshifting."

http://www.hollywoodvulture.com/shel...ou-didnt-want/

Dr. Phil:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...074A&FORM=VIRE
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I didn't see a thread for Shelley Duvall, Robin's co-star in Popeye, but I just saw a commercial for Dr. Phil, and she's going to be on the show. She's grossly overweight and seriously lost her mind. I'm posting a link to an article about her, but in the clip for Phil's show, she claims that Robin is not dead, that he's "shapeshifting."

http://www.hollywoodvulture.com/shel...ou-didnt-want/

Dr. Phil:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...074A&FORM=VIRE
    Jesus, I know it's that paragon of good tv, Dr. Phil, but why even air that show, she's obviously not in her right mind.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Happy 66th, Mr. Williams.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Happy Belated Birthday Robin, Almost three years ago that you left us.

Happy belated, Mr. Williams.

I'll never forget that sad day in August three years ago.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Robin's been gone three years today. Still miss him dearly.

Lately I've been thinking of my favorite movies that I own that Robin did Aladdin, Bicentennial Man, Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest, Hook, Jumanji, Mrs.Doubtfire, Night At The Museum 1-2, and it makes me miss him a lot wishing he was still here to brighten my day

I was shocked when I heard this was suicide. He continued to make people smile and laugh when he was fighting so many inner demons. It's such a tragedy and unfortunately the world has lost such a lovable character. RIP Robin, fly high!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    I was shocked when I heard this was suicide. He continued to make people smile and laugh when he was fighting so many inner demons. It's such a tragedy and unfortunately the world has lost such a lovable character. RIP Robin, fly high!!
    SO was I, but then it made sense. He was always "on", from what I've read and he was that way because he was trying to mask what was really going on. This one hurt, and I hope he realized how much light he brought into the world.
    "I'm down in this valley where the wheels turn so low
    At dawn I pray to the Lord of my soul
    I say dear Lord, do right by me
    You know
    I'm tired of being lonesome, on'ry and mean..." - Waylon

I'm not sure if it was true or not but I'd heard I think some where his wife say maybe that the reason he committed suicide was due to his declining health and not because of any kind of struggle with depression

black Guest
    4 years later and I still feel saddened by his death. His roles really had the best quotes and memorable lines! As an actor, he is funny and brings joy to everyone. Unfortunately, the light he gives to others also doesn't shine in his life

I agree Black,I am still sadden by his death, and welcome to the forum.

black Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I agree Black,I am still sadden by his death, and welcome to the forum.
    Thanks. I just watched Dead Poets Society so yeah, just felt the need to comment here again

I love Dead Poets, I need to get that movie again.

He was awfully damn young, wasn't he? I think now looking back he was the first of the rush of younger Baby Boomers dying, the trend that really bothers me now. The good thing though is I have not yet seen much of his good stuff. I saw "One Hour Photo" and was impressed by that.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    ( Thank You)Just another cash grab, like books about John Lennon and Elvis
    after they died.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 05-11-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    4 years later and I still feel saddened by his death. His roles really had the best quotes and memorable lines! As an actor, he is funny and brings joy to everyone. Unfortunately, the light he gives to others also doesn't shine in his life
    I agree Black, still sad