Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Garner, killed by police choke hold

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    Thank you for the update.

Not sure why my computer is putting random numbers behind my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    oh my freaking god I can't believe it. what the hell.
    I know. Those O's after a post are disturbing.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Cops can't just harass you without probable cause though. But they tend to get away with whatever they want. All cops should have to wear vest cameras to prevent abuse of power. Cops will fuck you up and nothing will ever happen to them. Many cops are good people but way too many are crooked as they come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    Cops won't debate with you. They won't argue with you. They won't listen while you complain about the last cop who arrested you. They don't need proof that you did something wrong in order to question you. Just shut up and do what they say. If you won't cooperate, it'll end badly for you. That's how it is.

In all these cases, the person who was stopped adamantly refused to cooperate. That's the common thread. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Be smart and learn from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    I'm not saying this as someone who loves cops. I don't. But think about it. If the cops had to stand around and jaw with you about all your objections before they could act, what would everyone do? I believe you can deduce the answer to that. It's the same reason prison guards don't tolerate backtalk or disobedience. If one prisoner gets away with it, they'll all do it.
    Yeah, but the last time I checked, we lived in a democracy and not in a prison.

they all should be fired. the man didn't even have a gun on him but I understand he was resisting arrest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We're supposed to live in a democracy but many cops seem to not know that. And it's a damn shame. I've had my ass kicked by cops more times than I can count. I was shot in the side of my head with a 12 gauge beanbag from just 10 or 12 feet while surrendering once. I'm blind in my right eye because of it and suffered memory loss. I literally lost entire periods of my life that I still can't remember. I've had my nose broken on two separate occasions and had my shoulder dislocated and three broken ribs on another. I've been strip searched not only in public view but also while my sister was forced to watch. Some of it was in prison but most of it was on the streets. Cops are better around here now but they were brutal at one time. And that doesn't even begin to touch the worst of what cops have done or allowed to happen. But this thread isn't about me so I'll leave it alone. I will say that prison guards make dirty cops look like cuddle bears.

FADA that cop should've lost his badge. What he did is highly illegal.

I'm getting worked up thinking about dirty cops now. In parting I must add that some cops are among the greatest people on earth. They make lots of sacrifice in the name of good.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 12-05-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Yeah, but the last time I checked, we lived in a democracy and not in a prison.
    If you think you can disobey a cop because this is a democracy, then go right ahead. But don't say you weren't warned.

My dad was a cop and knew some were assholes and mean. He always told me to just do what they want at first and then get the shit straightened out later. That advice was decades ago.

That's good advice. My grandfather, two of my uncles, and five cousins were/are cops. I respect good cops. Actually my grandfather would probably blister my ass for even using the word cop. He didn't like it.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    My dad was a cop and knew some were assholes and mean. He always told me to just do what they want at first and then get the shit straightened out later. That advice was decades ago.
    Thank you. That is exactly right.

I found the video upsetting. If a person says they can't breathe, let them get air. I felt they should have been charged.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Protesters are blocking I95 in Miami, as well as other roads. So glad not to be stuck in that traffic.

Of course now I am in a demographic that does not attract cops attention as much so that helps. Until they can read minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    I found the video upsetting. If a person says they can't breathe, let them get air. I felt they should have been charged.
    I agree. There was absolutely no need for a choke hold. At least have that man fired & in jail too for manslaughter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Several news outlets are showing pictures of people at the die ins on their cell phones. Who cares? The point is that they are laying in the street. They are making a point with their bodies. This isn't freeze tag.

I mean they could stay off their phone but that isn't the point of why they are protesting. Maybe they are hoping they will get bored and go loot something.

exactly. 100%

I know. Those O's after a post are disturbing.
    smartass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I found it upsetting that half of the people on my Facebook don't know the difference between "breath" and "breathe".
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I found it upsetting that half of the people on my Facebook don't know the difference between "breath" and "breathe".
    Ditto that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I can't wreath

exactly. 100%

smartass

19. 12-07-2014, 12:36 PM

oh my freaking god I can't believe it. what the hell.
    Sad story, I know.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    This case is totally different from Michael Brown. There should have been an indictment on this one. Sad.
    I cannot agree strongly enough with you about this. I was shocked beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by jjropes23 View Post
    Well that was fubar... This is one that really should have severe punishment. The second Garner started saying "I can't breath" should have been a sign to stop immediately that he was basically subdued, beyond the fact that they should not have done it in the first place. The fact that they weren't indicted wasn't right so hopefully pensions will be suspended indefinitely as well as termination of employment with pretty much a black-listing from working in any PD to start. When it comes to this case I could understand a civil suit.
    Police believe that if you can talk, you can breathe. I think they need to revisit this opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    they all should be fired. the man didn't even have a gun on him but I understand he was resisting arrest.
    I agree he was resisting, but why didn't they use a taser? Isn't that what they're supposed to do if someone bigger/stronger needs to be arrested? I heard someone say we all watched a snuff film and I agree. This case hopefully will be picked up by a federal prosecutor and the officer arrested.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

the city has settled for $5.9 million - very quick settlement

http://nypost.com/2015/07/13/city-re...hokehold-case/

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the city has settled for $5.9 million - very quick settlement

http://nypost.com/2015/07/13/city-re...hokehold-case/
    Deserved. This time.
    Minerva

Six million dollars of the tax payers money and no one is held accountable. This stuff doesn't begin to stop until people are charged or start losing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    Six million dollars of the tax payers money and no one is held accountable. This stuff doesn't begin to stop until people are charged or start losing their jobs.
    You can't lump "this stuff" into one category. Eric was murdered. Not every person who is killed by the hands of a police officer fits into that category. Michael Brown, for example, deserved what he got. Every single case should be considered (or not) on its merits.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    You can't lump "this stuff" into one category. Eric was murdered. Not every person who is killed by the hands of a police officer fits into that category. Michael Brown, for example, deserved what he got. Every single case should be considered (or not) on its merits.
    I can post many examples that don't include Brown. It happens all over.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I can post many examples that don't include Brown. It happens all over.
    Yeah there are all kinds of things that happen all over.
    Minerva

There is and until there are cops arrested and fired (not allowed to just retire) it won't stop.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...e-she-is-naked

looks like the feds will charge one of the cops

http://nypost.com/2016/10/25/justice...f-eric-garner/

so his widow got a $2 million settlement and she's still living in public housing

http://nypost.com/2017/01/24/eric-ga...2m-settlement/

his 27 year old daughter had a heart attack is not expected to live

tps://nypost.com/2017/12/25/family-surrounds-eric-garners-daughter-after-cardiac-event/

Her Body is being kept functioning for some reason. That Gal is D.E.A.D. Just read the story on my newsfeed. Unless she is an Organ Donator, It's a waste of medical personnel, facilities and equipment. Unless,,,,,,,,, this will be turned into some type of fund raising effort.

Her Body is being kept functioning for some reason. That Gal is D.E.A.D. Just read the story on my newsfeed. Unless she is an Organ Donator, It's a waste of medical personnel, facilities and equipment. Unless,,,,,,,,, this will be turned into some type of fund raising effort.
    dead at 27

https://nypost.com/2017/12/30/erica-...-heart-attack/

hmm she had a baby in August, wonder if that had something to do with her heartattack, she had actually had a heartattack before this one, maybe the strain on her heart from the delivery and such, and being heart broken over her dad's death, but man 27 too young to die of one, or so it seems.

The 27 Club has some prestigious members.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    hmm she had a baby in August, wonder if that had something to do with her heartattack, she had actually had a heartattack before this one, maybe the strain on her heart from the delivery and such, and being heart broken over her dad's death, but man 27 too young to die of one, or so it seems.
    How awful sad for the whole family to what
    happened in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    So William Barr the Attorney General under racist President
    Donald Trump would decide on this case gee what a shock.

Of course no federal charges.

Shocking.

I felt safer in Tehran than I do when I'm in certain parts of the States. Funny that.

It's really throwing the whole "a couple bad apples" into question when it becomes so often.
    Last edited by beep; 07-16-2019 at 08:12 PM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So William Barr the Attorney General under racist President
    Donald Trump would decide on this case gee what a shock.

Of course no federal charges.
    The Obama administration could have brought federal charges also but did not. I say this as someone that sides with the idea that Garner was murdered.

They fired the cop today. About time.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/dan...ypd/index.html

I agree, Cash.